The Bachelorette 4 - DeAnna

Update on the Chelsea Interview

Since a lot of you seem to be asking, let me tell you where it stands: Unfortunately, it’s dead. Not gonna happen. Chelsea’s reps and ABC’s lawyers saw Tuesdays column where I promoted it, got involved, and pretty much told her, “No way are you gonna do this.” Gee, had no idea ABC’s lawyers even read my blog. I must be important or something. Please. So due to legal ramifications, I’m sorry to inform you that the interview will not happen. I’ll have some more thoughts on this in Tuesday’s column, but just know Chelsea apologized for not being able to do it as she was really looking forward to giving her honest thoughts on everything, but for fear of being involved with legal mess, she was informed it probably wouldn’t be in her best interest to go forward with it. I have to respect that, as much as I disagree. Lawyers. Psssshhhhh. Nothing but a nuisance. More to come Tuesday….

Steve

1. Kristi

June 5, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Well crap, Steve. I kept checking back for that one. Will she let you tell us anything that she told you already??

2. beauty queen

June 5, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Probably because your friends posted about it all over the ABC board, duh!

3. MariaM.

June 5, 2008 at 2:07 PM

Chelsea – please blog like Tina and Kate (from Bachelor 10) did. We’d love to hear from you. Wishing you all the best.

4. Alex

June 5, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Did your “friend” the ABC poster (betterthan…) have a plan to sabotage the interview? Was she trying to awake some sleeping lawyers at ABC to get on top of the Chelsea situation by posting around the clock ? That was bizarre. What was up with the mInute by minute updates ?? Almost as if s/he was trying to solicit a TRO filing!

5. ToothFairy

June 5, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Good for ABC–Chelsea was and still is a sore loser. Maybe now she’ll just go away.

Take the high road, find a life and get on with it.

6. macca

June 5, 2008 at 2:33 PM

aww poor ole Chels, bumped again! Shes like a boomerang though, she will be back! I dont think this so called interview been posted all over the ABC message board helped much!.we already know what shes got to say anyways, ABC posted the limo ride where she said matt’s a FOOL, and Shayne is FAKE..i think we are smart enough to figure out what bitter ole chelsea is going to say next, move on Chels please save us all from your whining!

7. Jessica

June 5, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Chelsea…maybe someday we’ll hear from you. In the meantime, I’m catching up on the latest of what’s his name and girl, you are better off! :)

8. MissKristinLynn

June 5, 2008 at 2:51 PM

psh to all you chelsea haters. I was totally looking forward to hearing what she had to say. I mean, she was there, she probably has a lot of insight as to what went down… cause personally, I still can’t believe how scripted that entire show seemed. it wasn’t even an interesting script. It was like… idk. and Matt was ugly. and British. By far this was the worst Bachelor… ever. I’d take sexy manly Brad dumping two girls and being honest about everything over Matt and Shaynes terrible acting and “happy ending” any day. But yeah, as far as this interview being squashed… boo to lawyers 😛

9. macca

June 5, 2008 at 4:34 PM

there was 23 other girls there also that got rejected, i dont hear them blabbling!

10. hey-no-running

June 5, 2008 at 5:38 PM

I was looking forward to it too. Oh well, we always suspected there was more to it than that. I can’t wait till this show has seen its last legs then we can finally get the tell-all.

11. Sarah

June 5, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Oh, that’s too bad Steve. But I completely understand. I wasn’t a big fan of Chelsea on the show, but I’d be interested in hearing what she had to say. Those darn ABC lawyers…

12. Wendy

June 5, 2008 at 7:27 PM

That sucks! I was sooooooooo looking forward to what Chelsea had to say. I liked her and I would love to hear exactly what goes on behind the scenes! Damn! Too bad ABC had to sick the lawyers on this. Ridiculous! Thank you for trying Steve! Your efforts do not go unnoticed.

13. Lisa

June 6, 2008 at 8:43 AM

Aw, no!! That sucks! I was so looking forward to the juiciest interview ever!

Surely she told you a few things already right? Think you could let us in?

14. Katherine

June 6, 2008 at 9:31 AM

I’m so disappointed! I was looking forward to reading about the interview.

15. PJ

June 6, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Unfortunately, I have to admit I’m not surprised. You should’ve kept it secret until you posted it Steve – your promotion of it was WAY too good not to attract attention. Even if it had made it to the site, ABC would have slapped you with a C&D order very quickly and made you take it down. Of course, by then it would’ve circulated all over other blogs and message boards

I hate ABC. I didn’t watch the Matt/Shayne horror show, but she’s an aspiring actress, and he’s an aspiring actor. That’s all I needed to know. Both out to promote some kind of career (good luck; I found both of them totally unattractive). It’s become so obvious that ABC feeds the participants lines, and they do multiple takes, that they should be banned from calling it a reality show. “Show with actors that we don’t really pay and don’t have to deal with SAG” is what this genre should be called.

16. ANN

June 8, 2008 at 12:47 PM

Hey! What’s up with Andy Baldwin and Matt getting together at a pub? Damn! I thought Andy had learned his lesson and would stay out of Hollywood. Nothing there for you, son.

17. Bren

June 9, 2008 at 11:09 AM

I kinda thought that would happen. I agree with the haters, she wouldn’t have had much to say beyond what we’ve already heard from her. But it would have been fun to hear anyway!!

18. suzi

June 10, 2008 at 9:20 AM

maybe chelsea should have read what she signed, I am sure that there is some type of gag order on people that make it to the final two or we would have been hearing a lot more about this series than we have. don’t blame it all on the lawyers.

19. jan

June 10, 2008 at 6:22 PM

I think the 2-1 date was held at a famous place just outside of LA. (Sorry, but I can’t remember the name of it). She said they were having dinner at the best view in LA, so I don’t think it was in “her” mansion. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have had to take a limo there and back. They could have just walked down the hill.

And, not trying to defend Robbie the chef, but I think Popped-collars are back in style! I was in American Eagle yesterday (shopping for my teenage son) and they had lots of polos with plaid patterns UNDER the collar and had the collars POPPED.

20. jan

June 10, 2008 at 7:34 PM

I think the 2-1 date was held at another location, not Deanna’s mansion. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have had to take a limo there and leave in one, they could just roll down the hill! And, she described it as a place with the best view in LA.

Also, I’m not trying to stick up for Chef Boy-R-Bobbie, but I think popped collars are back in style among the young set. I was in American Eagle yesterday and they had lots of polo shirts with patterned under-collars and had them displayed POPPED! But, I think he’s a little old to be wearing them so much.

21. Jo Ann

June 12, 2008 at 10:33 AM

Well I hate that…I was really looking forward to reading the things that we don’t normally hear about…but I wonder why suck a muzzle on Chelsea…we already have guys that have been cut this season posting on the FORT and at NOH Tina and Kate told a lot of things and Bevin did too….and none of them are being sued and I am just wondering if they are trying to scare her and its working or if they mean business