Interviews

More Interviews Coming and Some Jeremy Reaction

-Wanted to update everyone on a couple things happening on the site. Within the next week, we should have two new interviews up. One is Bachelor/ette related, and the other is from a completely different reality show that I’ve rarely talked about on this site but I’ve watched every season of. I’ve been in contact with Brad Womack and he is 100% confirmed for the interview. However, he just recently underwent a minor surgery and he’s laid up the rest of the week, but he says next week he’s in. As for the other interview, I’d rather not jinx it. I’m guessing most of you won’t even care about this person, but I do since this show has always been one of my favorites and it’s something I’ve been into since I was a little kid. If you can go back and find a mention of it in a previous column, you’ll probably guess who it is. All I’ll say is that its a female. I’ve gotten in touch with her management company and just waiting to lock down a time.

-As for Jeremy, he and I played golf this week and let me clarify a few things that some people may have misconstrued during the interview:

-No, Jeremy did not sleep with DeAnna. I know he said, “Even if I did, that’s something between DeAnna and I”, trust me, he didn’t. So enough of that.

-Some of you are questioning if he didn’t see any of the episodes how can he comment on things he said and saw. Jeremy saw a few of the episodes in full, and had a lot of other ones that people told him about things that were shown. No, he did not sit down and watch every show, study the screencaps, take notes, and run to message boards like most viewers do. If he wasn’t busy, he watched them, but wasn’t too thrilled on re-living the whole experience. As you could tell, he was definitely hurt by what happened, so if he came across it, he’d watch it. If he didn’t, he had friends and family telling him what they saw.

-As of Wednesday, August 13th, despite rumors that Jason has already been picked to be the next Bachelor, I can confirm that nothing has been decided just yet. Could happen fairly soon though since I’m told they want to start filming in October with a late January start date.

-Let’s always keep in mind that the “Bachelor/ette” is an entertainment show first, and a love story second. Or third. When I read things like “How did he not see the connection between Jesse and DeAnna”, and “The way she looked at Jesse was different than how she looked at any of the other guys”, I just have to chuckle.

-Chef-Boy-Ar-Robert was actually the first guy in the house to call Jeremy out. I believe he called Jeremy a douchebag. Robert had a pretty high opinion of himself at the house in case you couldn’t tell, and well, he still does.

-There are plenty of you that are Jason fans and will scream from the mountaintops that Jason should be the next Bachelor. Which is fine. I’m not saying I’d be against it at all. Hell, I don’t think Jeremy would be against it considering how good of friends they’ve become. I understand there will always be pro-Jason fans and pro-Jeremy fans. I think the interview definitely showed a different side that maybe didn’t come across on the show. That was the purpose of the interview and maybe getting to hear about some things that you might not have known about before. Some of you want to hear Jason’s side of things. I’ll definitely see if I can make that happen. Wouldn’t mind interviewing him at all.

-All in all, the interview came off really well, I’d say 90% of the reaction has been positive, and Jeremy has also heard good things on his end. I have a feeling that won’t be the last time you’ll be hearing Jeremy on Realitysteve.com. Even if he isn’t the next Bachelor, I’m guessing we can have him on to comment every once in a while on the next season, whether it be Jason or someone else.

-If you still would like to see Jeremy as the next Bachelor, you can:

1) Call and leave a message at 866-739-3150
2) Email kellicastingthebachelor@yahoo.com and tell her why Jeremy would make the best choice

-And last but not least, I shot a 91. Jeremy? I think he was a tad higher than that.

Keep checking the site for the latest news and interviews. Until next time….

1. Pam

August 13, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Steve I am really looking forward to the new interviews! And 91 is good! That was on a full 18 holes, right? :) Keep up the good work and tell Jeremy that even if he doesn’t do the Bach, there are alot of us out here that think a lot of him and are wishing him well.

2. Steve

August 13, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Jeremy

My vote would be a YES, he would be great for the next Bachelor. I believe he would be there for the right reasons. NO more Matt Grant types, IMO he used Shayne to try to make it in Hollywood and was not interested in finding someone. He would have been better off not picking someone instead of leading them on. How come Matt did not go back to his regular job??

I think Jeremy would be honest,since he has been on the rejection side. IF he does not do the Bachelor, it would be great to hear what comments on the next season.

3. Roseann

August 13, 2008 at 10:05 PM

I love your idea of both Jason & Jeremy doing the show together! They could stack the deck with 10 given girls for each guy and leave 10 girls that pick which B they want to get to know.

Looking forward to hearing Jeremy do a commentary if he is not the next Bachelor. Thanks for having him on!

4. Jennifer

August 14, 2008 at 9:51 AM

I would totally love seeing Jeremy as the next bachelor. I liked him and thats why I’m glad he didnt get picked. He’s too good for her.

5. Jessica

August 14, 2008 at 2:47 PM

I DO NOT want to see Jermey or Jason as the next bachelor only because I think they are great guys and they deserve better. I’ve been a fan of the show for years and when the fans turn on the “hate” machine, it’s not a pretty sight. Just ask DeAnna, Jen Scheft, Bob Guiney, Brad Womack and on and on. Guys, get smart, don’t do it! Go out on top while everyone still loves you!

6. Julia

August 14, 2008 at 4:07 PM

I am NOT for Jeremy to be the next Bachelor..

He is still emotionally disrupt about DeAnna and it’s really obvious..

Jason has moved on so therefor he should be the next Bachelor..

Steve PLEASE make it happen and get Jason for an interview!

7. Leslie

August 14, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Thanks for clearing things up. I hope Jason is the next Bachelor. He is so sweet and is just such a great guy!

8. Kadie

August 14, 2008 at 4:11 PM

I really doubt they haven’t picked their Bachelor. They start filming in October which is less than 2 months away so I am positive that they have someone, they are supposed to announce it in August.

Jason’s event was “cancelled” and I wonder why? Maybe ABC said “no way Jason” because he is the next Bachelor (I really hope so :)

Jeremy is just so boring and I will not watch the show if it is him.

9. Big Brown Eyes

August 14, 2008 at 5:09 PM

No… NOT jASON. Puke… he’s a mess, way too hyper and just plain annoying. If DeAnna was Snow White and the guys were the seven dwarfs here’s what we’d have:

Jessie = Dopey
    Jason – Happy
    Graham = Bashful
    Ron = Grumpy
    Chef-boy-R Not = Sleepy
    Twilly = Sneezy
    Jeremy = Doc

I’d make out with Doc any day!!

10. Ahh..

August 14, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Big Brown Eyes you are obviously delusional. I am pretty sure 64% of the viewers think otherwise. I’de puke if I see Jeremy as the next Bachelor..GROSS

11. LOL

August 14, 2008 at 7:24 PM

LOL at Ahh…I would have to agree. I found Jason to be extremely entertaining and what’s wrong with being happy? Sorry, I wouldn’t want to watch someone that wasn’t happy about life. Steve, please try to interview Jason, he seems so great!

12. Qusan

August 14, 2008 at 7:26 PM

If they are recycling rejects again, Twilley should be the next Bachelor. He’s a different kinda guy and the kinds of women they’d have to pick to find a match would be quite interesting.

I just don’t care for Jeremy and I think he needs therapy first.

I like Jason but he needs to take his time and find a woman the regular way.

There are millions of single guys in America. They cannot find a fresh new face?

The last option is to just kill The Bachelor plans and do another installment of The Bachelorette. It’s far more fun watching the guys duke it out than the women …

13. Misty

August 14, 2008 at 8:49 PM

I just called the number and sent an e-mail recommending Jason for the next Bachelor. Thanks!

It’s good to know you are willing to interview the most popular guy from Bachelorette 4. Wow, what a no brainer that would have been in the first place!

14. Steph

August 14, 2008 at 11:32 PM

I’m totally for Jeremy being the next bachelor! After watching him, & listening to his interview (I took your advice and had to download it to my ipod to listen to the whole thing!) he seems very genuine, & would deffinatley be there for the right reasons. As for the negative comments such as “he needs therapy” & “i’d puke if i’d have to watch him.” honestly? Just don’t watch the season (if it’s him) instead of badmouthing him. Jason also seems like a great guy, & i would watch him if thats who ABC ends up picking. They had many great catches from Deannas season to choose from!

oh & i’m deffinatley looking forward to this brad interview!! =)

15. Kathleen

August 15, 2008 at 8:37 AM

I’m guessing the surprise interview is Melissa from Nashville Star.

16. Pam

August 15, 2008 at 9:19 AM

Who is Melissa?

17. Frederique

August 15, 2008 at 9:50 AM

Wow you are lucky that after the interview you could also meet him and talk a bit more. Looks like another friendship to me!

Thank you so much Steve to continue to update us!

So?? You say that ABC should take their decision soon? Well I really hope so! Do you know by chance if they will consider a dual bachelor? Since there is only one show… they could add some $$ and offer us a real fun and new version! I wonder if they are aware that a lot of people are looking for something new and fun!

Jeremy… you are a true sweetheart!

My heart goes with you and Jason and the only competition I wish for you both is that you will find true love first! 😉

18. Kelsie

August 15, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Thanks for the updates Steve! Jeremy is a sweetheart but I don’t think he’s emotionally stable yet. I think Jason has a great personality, charm, charisma and great looks. Jason is so ready to find true love.

19. Sabrina

August 15, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Hi Steve,

Please have Graham as a guest too one of these days. I think his editing didn’t do him justice at all and it would be quite interesting to hear his take on how the whole thing went down. Thanks!

20. Susan

August 15, 2008 at 10:26 AM

I e-mailed and called for JASON. I think he is an amazing man, trully one of a kind.

21. angela

August 15, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Ugh, not Jason! He’s a nice guy but BORING, and I really don’t want to watch a show that revolves around his kid.

22. Kathleen

August 15, 2008 at 12:45 PM

Pam – Melissa Lawson is the winner of Nashville Star. I think Steve has mentioned liking or at least watching Nashville Star before.

23. Big Brown Eyes

August 15, 2008 at 1:06 PM

Ahh… let me re-stack the dwarfs for you

Jessie = Happy
    Jason = Dopey!!

24. Anne

August 15, 2008 at 2:05 PM

I think it would be great to have a Bachelor and Bachelorette together possiblly a brother and sister who are looking for love. Can you imagine your brother or sister screening the bach/ettes the same time as looking for love. They could double date.

25. Nastia

August 15, 2008 at 3:22 PM

What is wrong with some of you??? How was Jason boring in any way??? I found him to be one of the most entertaining guys on the show! If you want to talk about boring, let’s talk about Jeremy because I switched the channel every time he came on. Jason is one of the most exciting, genuine, sincere ive ever seen on a reality television show. If ABC doesn’t pick Jason, A LOT of people will be mad.

26. Rhylee

August 15, 2008 at 3:25 PM

I agree Nastia! Although I did like Jeremy (he was my second favorite), I found Jason to be a little more passionate and dedicated to finding true love. Listening to Jeremy’s interview made him seem like such a player. The trac record for this show is horrible and Jeremy would just add on to the failed couples of the show. I believe that Jason would be more serious and sincere about the whole process because he has a son and the woman he chooses would be a potential mother.

27. Jen

August 15, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Steve,

I think it’s funny how you contradict yourself about the show being entertainment first and a love story third? Especially after mentioning how hurt Jeremy was, which I am sure he was. I really do know what you are saying though. The primary venue is obviously entertainment, but there are definitely real aspects that keep us all crazily coming back for more. That is the whole point isn’t it. If this Bachelorette makes it to the altar (there have been 4), that will be 50%, which is not bad considering statistics for divorce in this country are about the same.

I still will be a little surprised if this couple don’t make it to the altar. Things they’ve done since the show concluded have created some avoidable embarrassment so I really think it may happen. Jeremy didn’t have interaction with Jesse after the HTDs started up so he really can’t elaborate on how the Jesse/Dee relationship went into high gear. According to Trista it was on her exotics. I still stand by Jesse being intimated by DeAnna’s relationship with Graham and his ability to appeal to her in the way that Graham did. Nobody wants to talk about that but that was REAL body language with Graham.

Anyway I am off track here. After rewatching the show, I think Jeremy would make an excellent Bachelor. I am saying that even though my heart is with Jason. The reason is Jeremy definitely has a way with words. His descriptions of his feelings for DeAnna by far exceded any of the guys on there, including Jesse and Jason. The guy is smart, intellectual and knew how to articulate BY FAR better than any other guy on that show. Even his on camera analogies of the different situations/relationships were spot on. That articulation made his intellect appear a little superior to everyone elses.

I think the guys that come back just have a better chance of having something real at the end of this. Not great but definite possibilities. Somewhere I read DeAnna said of Brad in the end he had trouble telling what was real ,and I bet there is some truth to that. Get a little of that crazy existence under your belt before going into another show may allow a person to sort through it better than someone that is going into a totallly new reality show experience.

28. Julie

August 15, 2008 at 5:55 PM

I think Jeremy is a genuine guy, and I wish him the best!

29. Pam

August 18, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Kathleen, thanks! I did not watch this season of Nashville Star (no one from my hometown made it to the final ten this time). I look forward to whomever Steve interviews, it is alwys fun and interesting!

30. Monica

August 18, 2008 at 9:42 AM

I didnt really care for Jeremy much until i heard this interview. Hes got my vote now. I like Jason too though. Either would be fine,but i did email the person and voted for Jeremy. Jason does have his Son to consider after all.

31. Stacy

August 18, 2008 at 11:21 AM

I wish people would stop talking about Ty being the reason Jason shouldn’t be a Bachelor. I think that Jason knows what is best for HIS son, not anyone else.

Jason for next Bachelor!!

32. Lorena

August 18, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Thanks for the update!

33. Becky

August 18, 2008 at 4:18 PM

The reason for the low success rate of the Bachelor(ette) is that the romance usually ends up being forced. You can’t have a romantic interaction with someone you barely know, no matter how attractive they are. You can have lust, but romance comes from the belief that the other person really knows you and accepts you for who you are. Knowing that the other person thinks you are beautiful, sexy or successful is flattering, but it won’t satisfy in the long run. With Deanna and Jeremy/Jason some of the interactions seemed forced, like they were trying to impress each other by laughing at things that weren’t really funny, etc. With Jesse, the interaction seemed more real, less like a competition. I get the feeling that Jeremy is living up to an image of himself that doesn’t really exist. Until Jeremy accepts himself for who he really is, I don’t think he’ll make an interesting Bachelor. He’ll just hold a competition to find the most beautiful accomplished woman on the show, they’ll both have their egos gratified by having been chosen, but in the end it won’t last b/c it wasn’t based on anything real.

34. Leslie Anne

August 18, 2008 at 9:19 PM

I agree with #33/Becky, good observations.

Is DeAnna the first bachelor/ette to choose someone he/she wasn’t attracted to on night one? She admits she didn’t find Jesse “hot” until halfway through the season, when he was manhandling the ATV 4 wheeler. She chose him because of his heart and personality, she didn’t settle on the hottest guy there. The love of my life was a goofy looking guy who treated me like gold and made me laugh like no other, I would give *anything* to have him back.

Jeremy was happy to point out DeAnna’s foibles and failings just to amuse an audience of strangers, so it seems like he didn’t actually love or respect her that much. I suspect she would have never been able to live up to his expectations and he would have eventually moved on to someone else, someone he thought was smarter/thinner/prettier/whatever. Good call DeAnna, Jesse is a keeper. :)

35. Qusan

August 19, 2008 at 1:58 AM

I agree. Jeremy comes off as a sore loser. I realize he has to find a way to cope with not “winning,” but I think some of his comments speak to his character (or lack there of). He wasn’t the most gracious to the other guys when he had front runner status (meaning he was not a good winner) and he’s showing that he’s not a good loser either. In fact, how is it he is claiming that they sped up the bull so he’d fall off, they messed up his time at the speed way, he took a dive in the push up contest … He cannot admit to losing and didn’t know how to take no for an answer from DeAnna. I thought she gave him a really compassionate goodbye the first time but he managed to get a way to talk to her again – forcing her to be a lot more blunt … Yet, he still couldn’t process it so he was at the MTA trying to pin her down again and put her on the spot. He’s a smart guy, he ought to be able to grasp that she just plain wasn’t in love with him.

I think it is rather pathetic that he’s buddying up with a blogger to drum up sympathy for himself. He’s also buddying up to Brad who doesn’t bad mouth DeAnna either. Jeremy got hurt but he’s no victim.

If he indeed talks to Jason so frequently, perhaps he should take some pointers from him about showing some class and dignity despite having his heart broken.

36. Andrea

August 19, 2008 at 2:08 PM

#35 I couldn’t agree with you ANY more. Jeremy just seems so uncomfortable with himself and until he realizes who he is and accepts himself, how does ABC expect him to find his soulmate? I never really found out who Jeremy is on the show while I feel like I got to know the rest of the guys pretty wall. I think he put up a wall in front of him. I refuse to watch someone as the next bachelor who isn’t sure of himself. I feel like in the end, he will end up picking someone just for their beauty.

As for Jason, I think he knows his priorities and he knows what he wants in life. He is too far ahead in life to try and feed his ego. He would be a GREAT Bachelor because he knows who he is and what he wants.

37. Monica

August 20, 2008 at 2:53 PM

I was a single parent once upon a time myself,so i do know from what i speak. I dont think Jason should entangle a son in this process. That is my opinion only. For whatever it is worth. I think Jeremy was completely honest to himself and this process. I will admit some times things looked forced (Like hometown date a bit)but im sure that is the way ABC operates this show. Everyone knows that.

38. Bonnie

August 22, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Can’t wait for the Brad womack interview. I still like Brad even when everyone hated him!!!