Interviews

Update on the Next Bachelor and Upcoming Interviews

Here’s where it stands right now regarding interviews upcoming on this site.

-Brad Womack and I are playing phone tag.

-The female interview I spoke of last column has been postponed indefinitely until her schedule opens up.

-We have a new interview lined up for sometime in the next week. I’ve been in contact with Graham Bunn and he says he’d love to do an interview, but our schedules don’t quite work out that great, so I’m still trying to see when we can fit him in.

As for our next Bachelor, it hasn’t been announced officially yet, but I’ve heard they’ve decided on someone. And it’s not Jeremy. Oh well. We tried.

Stay tuned for more info as I’ll check back to update everyone on the status of where the interviews stand right now.

1. Nichelle

August 20, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Well, that’s a bummer I really wanted them to pick Jeremy.

2. Rosette Lombart

August 20, 2008 at 5:46 PM

It has been confirmed by ABC that it is Jason debuting in January

3. sj

August 20, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Just posted in local newspaper online:

‘Bachelorette’ Reject Jason is new ‘Bachelor’
    By
    Roger Catlin
    on August 20, 2008 6:10 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Jason Mesneck, the single father from Seattle who wanted to marry “Bachelorette” DeAnna Pappas but was ultimately rejected in the finale in favor of shaggy-haired skateboarder Jesse Csincsak, will get another shot at finding love through TV.

Meseneck, 32, was today named the new subject on “The Bachelor” when it starts up again in January 2009. In the 13th season of the franchise, he’ll be the one to choose from 25 bachelorettes to whom he’ll be issuing roses.

Meseneck “became a huge viewer favorite,” an ABC press release said, “as fans rushed to e-mail him in droves, in total sympathy to his plight.” Now these droves can volunteer to be among the 25 women, two dozen of whom will face the same rejection Jason did.

The press release didn’t say whether his three-year-old son Ty would have any say in the selection of his new potential step-mom (and there you have it: a new idea for a reality show: “Will You Be My Next StepMom?”).

4. OMG!!

August 20, 2008 at 6:04 PM

I couldnt be any more excited!!!!!!

5. Qusan

August 20, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Maybe 13th time is the charm. Then again, that’s not exactly a lucky number.

6. Big Brown Eyes

August 20, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Steve, say it isn’t so!! Jeremy is one of THE most sexist guys around. There will be a ton of disappointed women tonight due to this news. Oh well, i’m sure that Jeremy will find someone that appreciates and understands him for exactly who he is. A strong, intelligent, sometimes quiet, sometimes fun loving great person.

Jeremy you are a sweetie and this is not the end of your story it’s only the beginning. I know your mom and dad must be watching over you like angels in the outfield and they are lining up things for you that are truly meant to be 😉

7. Big Brown Eyes

August 20, 2008 at 10:58 PM

One more thing… while I’m completely crushed for Jeremy I would lke to wish Jason the very best of luck!

8. Monique

August 21, 2008 at 9:55 AM

Hi Steve,

I am so glad that you are trying to get Graham on for an interview! I can just pray that it does happen. He has so many fans! and I like how you really get into the nitty-gritty details of the show. I know a lot of people are dying to hear his take on how things went down with Deanna. i will definitely be crossing my fingers. Thanks!

9. Qusan

August 21, 2008 at 11:11 AM

If Graham has truly moved on from the show and DeAnna, he doesn’t need to rehash it. He’s got a hot soap opera chick and says he’s happy. I think he needs to leave it at that and work on having a real relationship for once in his adult life. Brad, too, needs to focus on finding the right person now that ABC’s vendetta against him for ruining the outcome of his season is finally over.

DeAnna and Jesse are moving forward. Jason is moving forward. Everyone else needs to keep it moving too.

10. Artie

August 21, 2008 at 12:07 PM

#6 – i think you meant “sexiest”

11. Leslie Anne

August 21, 2008 at 11:51 PM

#9 is right, why does Graham want to be interviewed so long after he was kicked off the show? If he’s so happy and in love then he should concentrate on making that relationship last instead of being interviewed about a woman that he wasn’t even into. He now admits he could have never fallen in love with DeAnna. What else is there to say?

Get over yourself Graham, anything you have to say about the show or DeAnna or Jesse is irrelevant. You weren’t even around when those two fell in love. We know your hometown date was actually first of the four, when her relationship with Jesse turned romantic you were already over and done with.

12. angela

August 22, 2008 at 9:13 AM

I’m still interested in what Graham has to say about the show and what we didn’t get to see on TV

13. Katie

August 22, 2008 at 10:56 AM

I agree with angela – it’s not like I care about what Graham’s been up too, I like to hear inside information on the show. I wouldn’t care if Steve interviewed some random person from 6 seasons ago, if they had something good to dish on . . .

14. Jason Fan

August 23, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Check out this article..ABC picked Jason a looong time ago!

15. Leslie Anne

August 23, 2008 at 9:16 PM

I hear what #12 and #13 are saying, but I don’t trust Graham to actually tell the truth. I think he has an agenda against DeAnna and Jesse.

All he knows about Jesse is what he saw before the hometown dates, and we all know they started to fall in love on Jesse’s hometown — which was after Graham’s bomb of a hometown date, they showed those dates out of order.

Jesse kept private stuff to himself and didn’t tell the guys what he was actually feeling (like the way she made him feel on that theater date), so Graham doesn’t have a clue about Jesse’s real feelings. I feel the same way about Jeremy btw. Those two can’t see beyond their own noses.

Jason has class and he is a gentleman, he has always been respectful of DeAnna and Jesse, and he wishes them nothing but the best. He doesn’t find it necessary to make cutting remarks about Jesse’s intentions or Jesse’s ability to be a good husband. Which is funny because Jason is not the Southerner and the other two are! So much for “Southern gentlemen.”

16. Nancy

August 25, 2008 at 10:04 AM

Well, if Deanna really were falling in love with Jesse on his hometown date, then how do we explain her F4/3 breakdown? I think there was a lot that was edited out so Graham’s take on events should be interesting to say the least.

17. Leslie Anne

August 25, 2008 at 8:12 PM

I’m not a psychologist or anything but I think she was freaked out over the possibility that none of the guys were as into the process as she was and she’d end up not falling in love and having to pull a Brad. Which she was prepared to do (as she said in the Portland interview), she just knew how it would look. Her relationship with Jesse had only just turned romantic a few days before the rose ceremony, and Dad told her that Jesse was scared because of past experiences (but he took his dad’s advice to go for it anyway and take the risk). She knew she wouldn’t be OK without Jesse in her life before they even kissed, that hit her in the car on the way to his place after snowboarding. She was probably worried that his emotions wouldn’t catch up and he’d be like Graham, scared to go down that path with her.

18. Qusan

August 26, 2008 at 3:52 PM

I agree #13. I smell some serious sour grapes from the two “hottest” guys in the house. How on earth did they get edged out by the likes of Jesse? Funny, both of those guys came from the two families that seemed the “coldest.” Not a whole lot of Southern Hospitality there. The two Ohio natives had families that embraced DeAnna without trying to intimidate her (Jeremy’s brother) her or throwing their son under the bus (Graham’s mom). Graham needs to keep himself busy taking glamor shots and posing with a soap star so that America doesn’t think he’s a head case. Jeremy should go back and watch the episode where Jesse declared his intention to take him down … and he did!

19. AJ

August 26, 2008 at 9:48 PM

I disagree with #18 – I don’t think Jeremy and Graham have a case of sour grapes. I think they are both trying to defend themselves a bit since they are the ones ABC TRIED to make look the worst… Graham as a commitment-phobe and Jeremy as an uptight stalker. I really think most of the guys this season were great and were what made the show so interesting. I don’t necessarily “love” either of them, but I wish DeAnna and Jesse the best. I think she chose the best for her. I think if she had chosen any of the other guys, they wouldn’t have had a chance. Jeremy has a different life in mind than De, Graham would’ve been beaten down by the “let’s talk” she demands and Jason has a son who is #1 in his life.

I love to hear any inside information! And I find it fascinating that we get so involved in this crazy show!

20. Becky

August 27, 2008 at 6:09 PM

I really hope the interview with Brad comes through. I don’t fault Brad for his decision to choose neither woman, since he realized a serious relationship would not work out. However, I think what riled a lot of people (i.e. women) was that he was so curt and cold at the pedestal and especially on the AFTR show. I’m not saying he should have been able to dump these women without creating hard feelings, b/c I pretty much bungle emotional confrontations myself, but geez, it was almost like he was trying to be mean to Deanna. He was a different person from what we had seen on the rest of the show. I think this what led to rumors that he came on the show just to promote his business. So I think Brad could really clear the air on this matter by doing an interview with Reality Steve.

21. Angela

August 28, 2008 at 8:14 AM

Becky, I kind of get what you’re saying, but it seemed like he kind of HAD to be a little mean at AFTR for Deanna to get it through her head that he wasn’t going to change his mind. I think the only thing he did wrong was tell Deanna that he had just sent Jenni home, which of course made her assume that he was picking her, and THEN he told her he couldn’t pick her either.

22. sgb

August 28, 2008 at 11:44 PM

#21

He was mean but he also was giving mixed signals. You don’t tell someone that you want to “get the point!” that you think about them every day and, as she was about to leave, that he missed her so much. I thought she was going to punch him! Brad was just inept at expressing himself. He told Jenni, who actually was fine by then, “When I was with you I was thinking about DeAnna and when I was with Deanna I was thinking about you.” What was heck that? The audience was dumbfounded as was Jenni. He just had no clue!

23. sgb

August 29, 2008 at 12:09 AM

#19 – Jeremy wanted a trophy. He needs grief counseling and is not really ready to have a whole relationship with someone as vibrant and emotional as DeAnnaa woman until he stops thinking that a woman is supposed to heal his heart of fill the void left by his mother (same deal for Jason. He went on the show still broken hearted from being left by his wife and needed DeAnna to mend that wound … so not fair).

Graham displayed a lot of passive aggressive behavior and also seemed to have a drinking problem. Dang skippy that would not have worked. ABC didn’t make him look like a commitment phobe with issues. He made himself look like that. Both Ellen and his mother discussed his “problem.” He also displayed a lot of jealous behavior. How do you go on a show where you know that there is one girl and 25 guys and then pout everytime you see her with someone else? He brought his issues with that up in more than one PI.

Jason made it clear, and I think DeAnna believed, that Ty aside, she would be a top priority for him. What woman would ever want Jason if they had to play second fiddle to anybody/anything (like his obsession with sports)? The relationship with Ty is separate from a relationship with a woman and he loved the way DeAnna was with him. It’s simplistic to imply that she didn’t choose Jason because of Ty being a priority. I think Jason made it until the end because he was a nice guy with a lot to offer and she knew he would be committed to her and be a good father to Ty and any children they would have.

The bottom line in the end was that she and Jesse had cultivated a relationship where they got to know each other quite well before getting too physical. She fell in love with him and she followed her heart.

Jeremy cannot help himself and is making disparaging remarks about both Jesse and DeAnna. Sour grapes/sore loser … same difference. Graham too … The two “studs” lost out to a short, dorky, skinny guy who swept DeAnna off of her feet right under their noses. That’s a major blow to the ego when the guy talk had you thinking you were the front runner throughout the entire experience.

24. guest

August 29, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Why are people still commenting on this shit?? Get a life.

25. Nic

August 29, 2008 at 6:41 PM

LMAO! Well, said Guest 24. It’s all water under the bridge. There is someone for everyone. And EVERYONE involved has moved on…..I suggest some of you do the same.

26. Jessica

September 1, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Steve intereviews these people to get the “behind the scenes” view. Something we all don’t get to see so if you aren’t interested, stop coming to this site. Some of us want the story behind all these train wrecks :)

27. Janie

September 2, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Jessica..I so agree! Yeah, to #24 and NIc, if you’re not interested in the “behind the scenes” view, then you’re very welcome to not come to this site and NOT make any comments. :)

28. Nic

September 3, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Jessica and Janie: I could careless if you all want to read about THE PAST. That’s your business. A new season of the Bachelor is about to start and Jason has been picked. I’m looking forward to the new season. What’s done is done. DeAnna picked Jesse, Brad did not pick DeAnna. Jeremy went back to work and ABC is in talks with him to be the Bachelor after Jason. Nothing is set in stone. I spoke with Jeremy via myspace. And as for you two: GET A LIFE!!!!

29. Nic

September 3, 2008 at 10:57 AM

OH GOD! Steve, please hurry and post those new interviews before someone jumps off of a bridge!