The Bachelor 13 - Jason

An Update on the Exclusive

Needless to say, the response to yesterdays news has everyone in a tizzy. As I expected. Look, I expect people to doubt me. I expect people to think I’m doing this for publicity. I expect people to say that I don’t know anything, or that ABC is paying me to divert people’s attention. I’ve heard it all these last 24 hours. All I can tell you is you’re wrong. Let everything play itself out, watch the finale, be shocked at what you see, and just remember who warned you ahead of time. That’s all I’m getting at. Don’t hate the player, hate the game (I’ve always wanted to use that phrase).

I love the message boarders who say I don’t know anything, and that they studied the screencaps so they know what happened, and that this persons arm has a freckle here and here, so that means this, and that means that. And the pinky ring is the key to everything. I love it all. Keep it coming. Especially the FORT boarders whose panties are completely in a bunch now since I’m privy to information that they aren’t. Serves them right. Keep it coming guys. Keep doubting me. I said it yesterday, and I’ll say it again. Not everything is as seems. Kinda like on “Heroes – Season 1”, the theme was “Save the cheerleader, save the world.” Well, not like this has been news to people who have watched this show religiously, but its definitely more pertinent this season – not everything is as seems. Read into that what you will. What I wrote yesterday in the exclusive was very carefully worded as to not give anything away.

Maybe when this is all over some of you won’t be shocked. But I doubt it. I’m still trying to wrap my head around it. But, I would not put my reputation on the line to just string people along for something silly. Believe me when I tell you when the finale airs, people will be talking about it for a while.

Can I be anymore vague? Probably not. So enjoy the rest of the season, keep the guesses coming, check back every Tuesday for the latest Bachelor column, and hopefully you’ll continue to enjoy Realitysteve.com.

1. sally

January 29, 2009 at 11:32 AM

audrey: FORT – Fans Of Reality Tv

2. Pam

January 29, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Cheryl, the luggage looked pink to me both when she packed it and when they picked it up.

3. sonja

January 29, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Steve,

I am sooo new to Facebook and would love to find you there….have been reading your forever, but never commented before. Give us a link to your Facebook page…PLEASE!!

4. Leslie

January 29, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Thank you for the update and the news! I didn’t think ABC would make it as obvious as they have with all the clues giving away Mel as the F1, it was just too easy. My hope is that he sends Jillian away as F3 then breaks down and realizes after his F2 dates that he made a mistake and brings her back and proposes.

Deanna can show up and tell him to follow his heart and not his “passion” (like she did) which leads him to realize that Mel and Molly are physical and Jillian is actual love and companionship.

I realize it’s a long shot but it would definitley be a surprise twist!

5. Liana

January 29, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Steve you rock! I have never doubted you for a minute. This season has been a total snooze, so anything to spice it up is a welcome addition. I can’t believe those ladies at FORT have nothing better to do than to figure out who F1 is before the show starts airing. They all need to get a life. Why can’t they take the show for what it is? Entertainment and fantasy. How many Bachelors are still with their chosen one? Byron and battling Mary don’t count.

6. Meandyou

January 29, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Steve, you suck (ok in a good way).

I know you are dying to share the news so why don’t you? I WANT TO BE SPOILED, please safe me! save the world of bachelor/ettes crazies!

7. peggy's not my real name just the one I used in bars in the 80's

January 29, 2009 at 3:30 PM

I am so blooming happy. I love you!!!
    It’s not that I dislike Melissa. It just seemed that ABC has taken all element of surprise out and I love the fact that the “facts” might not be worth the screencaps they are printed on.
    Certainty isn’t all it’s cracked up to be!

8. anonymous

January 29, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I have a guess, it’s the most jaw dropping thing I can think of that doesn’t involve Deanna (because I think she shows up and talks to him a bit and then leaves).

Melissa is a mole to be sure Jason gets the inside story about what’s really happening in the house, even when the cameras are gone. She can tell him who is genuinely there for him and who plays for the cameras. That would explain why we think we see her being proposed to and the ring on her finger, it was a fake proposal to hide the real ending from the audience. She was in on it all the way.

Also, if he takes Melissa the Mole to the F2, Jason doesn’t have to break someone’s heart at the F2. He doesn’t have to put a woman through everything he went through those last few days in the Bahamas. I think it’d be easier to go at F3 than F2, right?

9. Jenny

January 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Pam – Cheryl is talking about one of the “coming up” shots, where it showed the mysterious man in black grabbing a very red suitcase. Then, when we see Nikki packing, it’s pink, so we think Stephanie is going home. Yes, when the man in black comes at the end and actually grabs Nikki’s luggage – it’s the pink stuff. But not in the Chris Harrison narrated “coming up” scene showed before the date.

10. Jill

January 29, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Melissa is NOT a mole.

11. Anonymous

January 29, 2009 at 4:57 PM

#58, that would be awesome!

12. Anonymous

January 29, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Is this show supposed to be about two people finding love, or about tricking people? If they edit the thing to show a growing relationship and then say, “ha, ha, we fooled you, it’s really these two that we didn’t show you!”, then why would anyone watch?

13. Audrey

January 29, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Thanks Sally!! =)

14. Anonymous

January 29, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Steve, I am one of only a few that think the possibility of Jason going back to D would be for real. I think that would in fact be a jaw dropper, and have people talking for months. I for one of a very few felt that they had a fantastic chemistry. We all have to remember the negativity should be left on the cutting room floor. We don’t know any of these players, and should not speak ill of them. If Jason were to end up with D I would welcome the love that they have for each other. I thought all along the Melissa looks so much like D that she would in fact be a perfect fill in for D. And with D “not” on the show, she could live out her time in Hollywood, till the show was over. And no one would suspect a thing. If this turned out to be the facts I would say there are alot of clues out there that no one wanted to accept. Except those of us that believed in Jason and D in the first place. Happiness and love to them all regardless of who it is. I would love to be one at the end saying, I knew it, if it comes down to that. Thanks for the blogs their great.

15. Anonymous 1

January 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM

I think it’s one of the crew who Jason fell for.

The previews showed long dark hair .. longer than anyone left on the show – no?

16. Vicki

January 29, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Love your recaps. Love your relationship with Maddie. I also think you left us a couple of clues in this weeks recaps/announcements. You sly devil, keep up the good work. And a Maddie update please.

17. Mary

January 30, 2009 at 5:10 AM

I’ve got it!!! The whole “jaw-dropping” reference is cryptically linked to Naomi!!!! Right?

18. Pam

January 30, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Jenny — thanks, I guess I missed that.

19. Liana

January 30, 2009 at 12:06 PM

What if the jaw dropping moment is Jason revealing he is actually gay, and in love with Chris Harrison? Then Chris leaves his wife for Jason and they live happily ever after.
    O.K., it’s just a joke. I love Chris, think he is a hunk, and know he is happily married. Peace.

20. peanut

January 30, 2009 at 2:54 PM

does he not only get engaged but they end up getting married as well…just a thought

21. Liz

January 30, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Ack! Steve, you’re killing me! but I trust you…

22. Jessica

January 31, 2009 at 9:33 PM

if it isn’t melissa, it definitely has something to do with Jason bringing back or bringing in someone who is not there as part of the normal process. Based on the conversation with Deanna it sounds like he rethinks one of his decisions.

That being said, i never bought Jaons’s sincerity on Deanna’s season. There is something very rehearsed and/or calculated about the things he says and does, and Deanna picked up on it. I think he is making decisions that will “maximize his career opportunities” down the road. What father would propose or get married to someone who he has known in this context for a 7 weeks without really knowing what kind of person they are? Has anyone (the kid’s mom) questioned whether this is appropriate? I would use his participation on this sleazy show to get full custody…

23. Anne

February 2, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Steve,

I do admit to going to Fort and Jokers websites daily. Your post is driving me nuts. I do not distrust you. Jason seems like such an open book. Every season I always assume that the F2 most likely is F1 because every year the show wants you to be surprised. I would be more surprised if they evenly showed connections with F 3 girls throughout the show. I knew it was Jesse after women tell all. I hoped this season would have been different and it seemed ABC wanted us to think winner was Jillian so I had hope that Melissa was winner.. but now you have me doubting and the more people speculate the more confused I am. The more interested I am then ever….. This SUCKS!!

24. Tracy

February 5, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Finally a reason to watch this snoozefest. Thank you Steve. As a mother of three, this is what I came up with. Ty swallows the engagement ring. (I hope this is not what happens!) It would explain Jason’s balcony scene and also Melissa’s comments, which I cannot remember exactly, but something about Jason comes in, hearts were pounding, etc.

25. Sleuther

February 10, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Okay, Steve. Sorry to advise you old chap, but I believe the penny has dropped on your clue. The following is my analysis. Jay lets Jil go after the fantasy dates, leaving Molly with the loud voice and Melissa with the vague past to trundle on further in New Zealand, although the logic of moving from the South Island to the North Island continues to escape me. ABC goes to all the trouble to build a little altar of rocks and put a rose on it and have this little path ot it and yada yada although, even thought I disliked her, few will look better than Dee in her blue dress blowing in the wind in the Carribbean. But I digress. Jay is getting ready for the FRC, and who should appear buy the aforesaid Dee. His question, “What brings you to New Zealand” is so incredibly stupid that I continue to believe that I just didn’t hear what he said and hope that upon further viewing I will find that to be the case. Anyway, there she is, telling him how she made a mistake and followed the momentary passions instead of the long term stability and there is still time for him to rectify this error and thereby avoid raising two children, a 3-year old boy and a 25-year old girl. Jay careens toward the balcony in anguish because he realizes that he has botched it once again and that he cannot marry either of the F2. Ergo, ABC, in order to quench the viewers desire for romance, digitally places his photograph in front of the little alter, thereby allowing us to believe that Jay is standing there. In fact, he is back throwing up over the balcony. He proposes to no one in New Zealand, north or south island. The photo is digital . . . K Moon is a phogoraphy studio specializing in wedding photography. Rebecca Peters is a digital photograph in the United Kingdom. Therefore the “engagement photo” is digital and is a fraud.
    I’m assuming Jay finally finds his way to Canda, hat in hand, to beg forgiveness from the one girl who might possibly fit in his life (what he said he was looking for at the outset), and then ABC throws together another groups of fake ferns and green grass to simulate New Zealand and voila! A proposal without the altar of stone or the walkway. You and other sleuthers can then report that “no one returns” because of course Jil did not return to New Zealand.
    Jay rides off into the sunset with Jil and Ty (dressed in some sort of tuxdeo apparel) to live not on the houseboat but in his small flat in the ‘burbs”, and we all wait the requisite 90 days to see if this innoculation takes.
    Onward to season 14.

26. Sleuther

February 10, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Okay, Steve. Sorry to advise you old chap, but I believe the penny has dropped on your clue. The following is my analysis. Jay lets Jil go after the fantasy dates, leaving Molly with the loud voice and Melissa with the vague past to trundle on further in New Zealand, although the logic of moving from the South Island to the North Island continues to escape me. ABC goes to all the trouble to build a little altar of rocks and put a rose on it and have this little path to it and yada yada although, even thought I disliked her, few will look better than Dee in her blue dress blowing in the wind in the Caribbean. But I digress. Jay is getting ready for the FRC, and who should appear buy the aforesaid Dee. His question, “What brings you to New Zealand” is so incredibly stupid that I continue to believe that I just didn’t hear what he said and hope that upon further viewing I will find that to be the case. Anyway, there she is, telling him how she made a mistake and followed the momentary passions instead of the long term stability and there is still time for him to rectify this error and thereby avoid raising two children, a 3-year old boy and a 25-year old girl. Jay careens toward the balcony in anguish because he realizes that he has botched it once again and that he cannot marry either of the F2. Ergo, ABC, in order to quench the viewers desire for romance, digitally places his photograph in front of the little alter, thereby allowing us to believe that Jay is standing there. In fact, he is back throwing up over the balcony. He proposes to no one in New Zealand, north or south island. The photo is digital . . . K Moon is a photography studio specializing in wedding photography. Rebecca Peters is a digital photograph in the United Kingdom. Therefore the “engagement photo” is digital and is a fraud.
    I’m assuming Jay finally finds his way to Canada, hat in hand, to beg forgiveness from the one girl who might possibly fit in his life (what he said he was looking for at the outset), and then ABC throws together another groups of fake ferns and green grass to simulate New Zealand and voila! A proposal without the altar of stone or the walkway. You and other sleuthers can then report that “no one returns” because of course Jil did not return to New Zealand.
    Jay rides off into the sunset with Jil and Ty (dressed in some sort of tuxedo apparel) to live not on the houseboat but in his small flat in the “burbs”, and we all wait the requisite 90 days to see if this inoculation takes.
    Onward to season 14.

27. Penny

February 17, 2009 at 3:04 AM

Ive got it! The Montreal clue is Montreal, Canada. Jillian is from Canada.

The 2/3 clue is that there were 3, he cut Jillian, and now 2!

He ends up with Jillian in the end is what I think!

28. A.R.K

February 17, 2009 at 11:51 AM

I think Molly should have left the week that Jillian left leaving Jillian and Melissa in the final two and Jason is totally going to pick Melissa he has more of a connection with Melissa.Jason was lying about his reason for eliminating Jillian.Also at the end of the dates in New Zealand Molly gives Jason a look that isn’t like one you would when your in love.Melissa is also been on the backburner where everyone else has been in the spotlight and they did to “Surprise” us but we know Melissa is going to be with Jason.Then I saw a picture of Melissa hugging Jason with an engagement ring on her ring finger while showing it of.

29. debbi

February 17, 2009 at 12:21 PM

my post was up for a minute, then someone took it down.
    was it too close?

30. Dawn

February 17, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Debbie….type it again!

31. justaguess

February 17, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Can’t wait for tomorrow and next season when the snarky comments are back :o) I think he proposes to Melissa but then finds out that Molly is expecting his child from either the overnight tent date or NZ. That would be dramatic/shocking, no?

32. Pixie

February 17, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I am hoping that he relizes he made a mistake and calls Jillian. She was perfect for him.

33. cc

February 17, 2009 at 6:29 PM

#662 DMC says to look at screencaps of final 3 part 2

34. Marti

February 17, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I don’t have time to watch videos tomorrow morning. :-(
    Steve, can you also write a brief description of what you will be revealing tomorow on your blog?
    Thanks!

35. gorda

February 17, 2009 at 11:06 PM

“Certain people have to go along with this story or else it doesn’t work.”