The Bachelor 13 - Jason

“K Moon/Rebecca” & More Answers

So you are really giving some good guesses regarding “K Moon/Rebecca”. The problem is, pretty much all of them are wrong. In terms of this clue, I can tell you that IF you are able to figure this out, it will put you on track to knowing something very important in the finale. I’d say it’s pretty important in understanding what I know about the finale. Like I said yesterday, by solving the clue, doesn’t mean you know who the final one is. The role of the clue is that it represents something that the finale is about. There is a story here to tell. The clue is part of that story. And when the other clues come, they will be another part of the story. Got it? So I’m gonna help right now and eliminate A LOT of what you guys are coming up with.

As for “K Moon/Rebecca”:

1. It does not have any biblical references whatsoever. I might’ve gone to Catholic school from Kindergarten through 8th grade, but I couldn’t tell you one thing about the Rebecca in the Bible. So yeah, cross that off your list.

2. Its got nothing to do with books, Stephanie Moon, Kristin Moon, romance novels, werewolves, literary writings, etc. Please. Like I’ve ever read a romance novel. I applaud the people who actually dismissed this by saying, “Like Reality Steve reads romance novels and would know anything about this. He’s not that smart.” I couldn’t have said it better myself. And while you’re at it, probably might want to give Kristin Moon on Facebook a break. I hear she’s getting bombarded. Poor girl. Living her everyday life, then some jackass blogger throws up a clue that has nothing to do with her and all the sudden, she’s public enemy #1.

3. Don’t be checking any song lyrics. Anybody who has looked at song lyrics with bands who have “Moon” in them, or “Rebecca”, nope. Not it. Completely way off. Music isn’t relevant here.

4. Has nothing to do with Rebecca Budig, Bob Guiney, K Moon Photography, or Jason’s ex-wife. I never actually even thought about Rebecca Budig when I made the clue. Good connection though. Kind of amazing though that out of all the bachelors we’ve had, Bob Guiney pulled the hottest wife. Yes, I think she’s hotter than Firestone’s import.

5. It is imperative that you focus more on the forwardslash. (Sorry, that was a mistake that I’ve gone back and corrected). The forwardslash represents separation. A lot of you are trying to lump the two in together. Each one represents something on its own. A thought, a mindset, something that puts together what happens in the finale. “K Moon/Rebecca”, if solved, could be a considered a “theme”. Obviously, in a shortened version.

Boy, oh boy. If this is the way the first clue is going, I can only imagine how it’s gonna be when I roll out clue #2 on Tuesday. That clue I already know will have a ton of different meanings people will interpret. But hey, that’s the point. And I’ll probably come back the next day and shoot down half of those meanings. I’m sorry, I’m having a blast with this. I hope you are too. I think a lot of you are. Of course, no matter what I say or do, there are going to be haters and doubters out there. Nothing I can do. I’m just gonna keep doing what I’m doing, have fun with it, post my final column, and then we’ll see how people feel. I’m positive they will feel satisfied that I never led them on, never gave them bogus clues, and that I was honest from the minute I told them I came into some “exclusive” news regarding the finale.

Now, onto more questions that have arisen in the last 24 hours, albeit, with much shorter answers.

1. “Does religion play a role in ultimately how everything shakes out in the end?”

Reality Steve: Has nothing to do with anything.

2. “If all will be revealed in the finale, what are you gonna tell us the next day we won’t already know from what we saw the night before? Won’t the finale speak for itself?”

RS: Nope. What you see on March 2nd will not tell the whole story. There is a timeline involved here. A chain of events, so to speak. And no, “timeline” is NOT a “LOST” reference.

3. “Are your clues in any way ‘LOST’ related? Like something do with that show?”

RS: No. The clues are all related to the “Bachelor” and what happens in the finale. There are no “LOST” references in the clues. The only thing it has to do with “LOST” is the way I’m telling the story. Giving you clues now, and so when you look back after the finale airs, you will realize what I knew and when I knew it.

4. “Is the final rose ceremony going to be doctored in any way by ABC?”

RS: I don’t think so.

5. “Will any of your clues be anagrams?”

RS: No, they won’t. I want people to immediately stop with the anagram stuff. Your brain will start hurting after a while. So as a service to all of you, I’m not gonna put you through that. You can thank me later.

6. “Is one of the remaining bachelorettes not who she says she is? Basically, is someone an actress or a spy or a plant? Anything of that nature?”

RS: I didn’t really want to answer this question, because the more “Nope. Not it” emails and answers I give out, the more theories get eliminated, thus, bringing people closer to the truth. I can’t shoot down EVERYTHING that isn’t right, because there wouldn’t be any fun in that. Gotta let some theories still linger out there. However, I will now answer this question because it seems to be one of the more popular ones being thrown around. The answer is no.

7. “You said in yesterdays ‘Q&A’, that there’s one big thing that no one is picking up on. You mean, not picking up on it from the show, or what you’ve written?”

RS: When I answered that question, I was talking about from what I’ve written.

8. “With all the guesses being thrown around now, how can anything really be ‘shocking’ at this point? Haven’t we seen it all from this show? I mean, what could really shock us at this point?”

RS: Look, I used the word shocked when I found out about it, because I was. If over the next month, you become de-sensitized to the word “shock”, that’s fine. Just know that when you watch the finale, pretend you’re watching it without having ever heard of any “bombshell” happening this season. Then honestly answer afterwards if you saw that coming. If you didn’t, then I think shock is an appropriate word to use. After reading numerous guesses, theories, and speculation on the boards, I’m guessing a lot you will be shocked. Or surprised. Whatever word you want to use to describe “I didn’t see that coming.”

9. “I keep coming back to the screencaps from the beginning of the sesason where they previewed everything. What am I missing that they are, or aren’t, showing us?

RS: I can honestly say, I don’t know. All I can say is whoever edited those screencaps at the beginning of the season knew EXACTLY what they were doing. They’re good. Should probably get a raise for it.

10. “Are you doing this to increase your female audience, thus increasing the amount of emails you get, in hopes that you’ll land a date out of this?”

RS: Not as ridiculous of a question as you might imagine. The reason I say that is because I’ve been asked that question numerous times over the years. “Dude, you meet chicks through your website?” Have I? Sure. But not many, and not like you’re thinking. The purpose of the website has never been about meeting women. You won’t be seeing me on “To Catch a Predator” anytime soon. Sorry. However, I have developed some good friendships through the years, and even a couple relationships did start out of it. Nothing ever got too serious, but, I don’t regret them at all. Bottom line, I’m open to whatever opportunity arises, but I have never used this column as a personal dating service. So Nikki, yeah, I’m single.

This will definitely be the last column before Tuesday. I think I’ve answered a lot of your questions so far. Come Tuesday, I’m sure you’ll have more. Any questions, comments, emails, criticisms, praises, height/weight/bra measurements, email to steve@realitysteve.com. Ha ha. See you Tuesday.

1,339 Comments

1,339 Comments

1. HELP

February 10, 2009 at 12:01 PM

What time are you going to post??? I am dying over here!

2. Manda

February 10, 2009 at 12:06 PM

1279 I hadn’t noticed, but yes, Mel wears shorts all the time. Even at her brother’s graduation. She must think her legs are her best assest.

3. DAZEDBACHELORFAN

February 10, 2009 at 12:06 PM

i sent him a message on Facebook, maybe he’s not overwhelmed there. Strange that he has dissappeared like this…

4. vicarrieous

February 10, 2009 at 12:08 PM

agreed 1301!

5. DAZEDBACHELORFAN

February 10, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Did anyone see this over on FORT? If so what does it mean?
    “Yeah, but AFTER that is when interesting, unexpected stuff happens.

The Fiance poses for Girls Gone Wild. Her “Man” moves in with the divorced female publicist who was assigned to advance the entertainment industry aspirations he supposedly never had.

The Bach’ette gets her dream come true (hostess a TV show) then dumps her one true love, who gets revenge by hooking up with a contestant from another season, who also likes the public limelight.

The Bach’ette or Bachelor hook up with a third party/non-contestant soon after show wraps.

The dejected/rejected F2 gets picked up at the airport by her ex boyfriend, and is almost immediately engaged to him.

A rejected contestant MARRIES a crew member.

Again, it’s all about when a viewer/fan wants to scroll the big fat THE END.

But all can agree that the After Show is often more fun, original, spontaneous, real, even romantic than the Show.”

6. Mimi C

February 10, 2009 at 12:15 PM

hi steve….

got it K Moon/Rebecca represents something written by someone…. thus book/author……

Any clues below look as if I know…….ha! we shall see!

Hint?.. Hint?..
    Back Story: Ask by ABC to be on the show for a special reason! (do we both know why?)
    Key Phrase: Prince Charming?.Heart of Gold?
    This is a love story better than Sleepless!

Mimi C

7. cutiebug

February 10, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Ok, this is something that on one has touched on. When Jason is crying on the balcony, I believe there is another girl with him – not Deanna. I think this is the shocker Steve is talking about. One of the girls tells him something that breaks his heart. Now which girl is it?

8. DAZEDBACHELORFAN

February 10, 2009 at 12:18 PM

For anyone who had comments about the weather someone over on FORT looked it up.

“According to a Grand Rapids local news website, there was a warm stretch in November. The temperature in Western Michigan on November 4 was 73 degrees F.”

9. Kim

February 10, 2009 at 12:21 PM

KMOON and get the friggen clue up already

10. DAZEDBACHELORFAN

February 10, 2009 at 12:23 PM

11. Just Sayin'

February 10, 2009 at 12:28 PM

One of the predicted elimination lists was posted on January 6th. A couple of things are off, but a number of details, to be known at that early in time, are spot on. The link to find the predicted elimination, by episode, is: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/bachelor-spoilers-speculation/79108-elimination-list-spoilers-28.html

Spoiler Alert: This includes a prediction of the final outcome.

12. Just Sayin'

February 10, 2009 at 12:33 PM

#1289 Katie, no she hasn’t been drinking water the whole time. She drank wine last week at the boat house date.

13. grewmeAname

February 10, 2009 at 12:34 PM

DEANNA QUOTED: “TRUE LOVE”

I’m not familiar with Zimbio, but here’s a quote from a Jan 26 article on Deanna (was that the date Steve gave as being signficant?):

“She added that there was “no chance” that she and Csincsak would ever be reuniting, but also maintained that she has not lost faith in finding………..true love [there it is!].

“I still believe in happily ever after,” Pappas said. “None of my past relationship have worked out for a reason, but I believe those people have come into my life to lead me to the next person and maybe that next person is the one I am meant to go to the altar with.” [why would she way that on Jan 26 if she’s dating Ace?]

14. Just Sayin'

February 10, 2009 at 12:35 PM

He has already posted the clue under last night’s recap. It is: “2/3″
    “Montreal”

15. Jennifer

February 10, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Hey Steve: It’s 12:30 here in NY – Im eating my lunch! WHERE ARE YOU??
    Jeez – I remember waaaay back ~ years ago when you only had like 3 comments to your name. YOu are very popular now.
    This is a hoot!!!

16. grewmeAname

February 10, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Sorry, on my post #1313 [and Bach 13!–and Friday 13, in 3 days–wow] last line should read: “why would she SAY that”……

I have it ——- STEVE is the FORWARD SLASH, i.e., separation!!!!!

17. Just Sayin'

February 10, 2009 at 12:39 PM

THE CLUE IS

“2/3″
    “Montreal”

18. DAZEDBACHELORFAN

February 10, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Ladies – go to the “Home” page and his recap is there on the home page it says recap 2/9/09

19. Kelly

February 10, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Where is the recap already???

20. Just Sayin'

February 10, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Go to the top of this comment page. On the right it has a column “Most Recent Posts”. Choose the recap for 2/9/09.

21. Kelly

February 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Thank you #1318 and #1320 for your help!

22. DAZEDBACHELORFAN

February 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM

NOTICE STEPHANIE IS NOT COMING BACK:

RS says “I’m officially putting an end to one rumor that will not die, and has grown some legs in the comment section, and that’s if Stephanie returns. No, she doesn’t. If you read any guesses that involve the word “Stephanie”, just skip to the next one. She has nothing to do with anything that happens the rest of the season. “

23. Bella

February 10, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I think when Deanna returns to give Jason advice & says “I made a mistake” I think she’s telling him she made a MISTAKE by letting him GO ALL OF THE WAY & LETTING HIM PROPOSE..down on one knee & all…& warning him to not loose sight of what he says he wants (like she did).

Its def. NOT to get him back! She’s currently seeing Ace from the Real World. (who’s also from her home town of Georgia, he owns some bar there)

& As wonderful as Stephanie was, you could see there was no romantic chemistry there..at all!

I do really like Jillian, but Im not sure I see forever with them, I think b/c there hasnt been much romantic/passion shown with them (BUT maybe thats on purpose!) ..JUST LOOK at what happen with Jesse & Deanna..I would have never ever guessed that one when they were down to the F3 on her season!!

& I can tell he is very, very smitten with Molly but I just dont see “it” with them. But what do I know!

The only person I see that “wow” & ‘spark’ intense chemistry & body comfort thats obvious is with Melissa. She’s EXACTLY what he said he wanted in a woman! (but that never means much on the bachelor/bachlorette does it?)

But we’ll see how this all unfolds. Its def. something huge (since ABC grew a brain! this time)… with the backstory of the outcome & the way that ABC has been editing it & showing it.

Although this is real life for them..its ALSO Television & ratings. We have ALL seen how much they have edited previews to get people to tune in this season! (even with fabricating lies with mis-using interviews, statements, reactions, & clips from last season!)

Something is def. off this season though. And I believe its a mix of showing the insta-chemistry with Jason & Melissa..but also trying to hide it. You can tell they edit a HUGE amount of what really happens. It seems from day 1 they are editing out Melissa..kinda keeping her background. But Jason’s foreshadowing I believe will come to play, things with Melissa are very mysterious..things like with her parents MUST be explained a bit more.

& with Jason crying over the balcony, he seems very sensitive it could be the pressure of choosing the F1..The guilt of letting F2 go..finding out something heartbreaking from one of the girls. etc.

However, it wouldnt surprise me if he DOES let F3 go as normal..but knowing who he’s inlove with already he DOES not have a final RC & just lets F2 go…with F1 not knowing yet. We can all assume a million things.. Im assuming he DOES not propose in NZ (maybe that screencap from a distance twirling around is just actors?) unless Ty is there..because WE DO see him & Ty putting on ties together.

All we know as of right now is:

-He proposed, she said yes, he & she are happily engaged!
    – It’s one of the 25 bachlorettes!..safe to assume it’ll be one of the final 3

Jillian..Molly or Melissa

& most importantly these clues from Steve can mean ANYTHING!! or be interpreted 100000x different ways!!

I just cant wait till the finale!! <3
    & to come back here on the following tues.& read Steves comment about it!

24. Lily

February 10, 2009 at 1:17 PM

You mentioned that the forward slash represents separation, so, I was thinking perhaps Rebecca stands for Melissa. The format of the names matches up. The “cc” corresponds to the “ss” in Melissa, therefore she is separated from whoever or whatever K Moon is. Was any of that closer to the truth?? 😀

25. Lily

February 10, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Ok, here is my guess for K Moon. The letter before K is J and the “sun” rises before the moon ,so, K Moon is J Sun (Jason)?
    So Jason is seperated from Melissa but that does not mean she is not the one. Maybe he sends her home and then regrets it?

26. JM

February 10, 2009 at 2:46 PM

I live in Florida and we wear shorts all the time and you see them everywhere and every time .. nice restaurants, church, even some work, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Hanukkah. Flip flops too. It’s pretty casual.

27. ShouldBeWorking

February 10, 2009 at 3:40 PM

If it has already been mentioned, sorry, but too many posts to read – does anyone have any thoughts about the character “Rebecca Pope” in Grey’s Anatomy which takes place at a hospital in Seattle. She was a patient with amnesia whom Dr. Karev named “Ava.” She gives birth and unhappily returns to her husband. She comes back and (1) asks for breast enhancement surgery and (2) tells Karev she is pregnant with his child. Turns out she isn’t and really has borderline personality disorder.

So Rebecca, Seattle, and breast plastic surgery (which I think was a weird edit), anyone?

28. McMac

February 11, 2009 at 2:33 PM

1322 ~ Stephanie had a compelling story but definitely don’t want her coming back another season as a bach’ette either. That matronly southern belle persona and slow drawl would be hard to take for a whole season!

29. doreality

February 11, 2009 at 2:47 PM

What happened to all the post’s between 2/10 and 2/11 at 2:33???

30. Peggy

February 11, 2009 at 3:21 PM

I’m not sure what it means, but I think K Moon is the Rolling Stone, and Rebecca is the Daphne du Maurier novel or Hitchock movie based on the novel. I wonder if there’s a Mrs. Danvers anywhere in the mix. Or a beautiful, misleading portait. Or something painted in black….

31. Jewel

February 11, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I cant wait to see what it all means. Did you all know that Deanna is dating Ace from the Real World?( paris, i think)

32. Flora Colaneri

February 13, 2009 at 4:16 AM

Jason proposes to Melissa however he somehow ends up with Jillian

33. smarty

February 17, 2009 at 10:39 AM

i figured out montreal but there is no fresh place to post this.when is the february 17 post coming out?

34. pinccougar

February 23, 2009 at 8:07 AM

i heard jay lost his load in the hot tub with jil. he was shooting blank in the fantasy suit. is this correct?

:-)

35. Sandra

February 24, 2009 at 11:02 AM

********************************************************************
    STEVE,

Has it crossed your mind that maybe they might turn the whole thing round?…because everything has gotten out and they might be rethinking everything! They might turnround and retape the segment of Jason proposing and placing Molly in that position instead…maybe that’s why they have’nt shown any of the clips of the proposal.

Well, if Mellisa doesn’t cooperate and come on the show for the second “After the Final Rose” they can always make it seem like any of it actually happened and the big news could be that Molly’s pregnant…LOL….What do you think?????

36. cristina

February 24, 2009 at 11:52 AM

After last nights episode, and noticing that Molly too, has a pinky ring, only her pinky ring is on her RIGHT hand. You can see this at the very end when they show both ladies getting ready and Molly is curling her hair. The woman he proposes to has a pinky ring on her right hand, and Melissa wears hers on the left hand. I am starting to wonder if he chose Molly (who is not good for him) and dumps her for Melissa in the ATFR episodes. So technically he ends up with the favorite:)

37. Marcia

February 25, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Steve makes some pretty good arguments. However, I have to question one thing. He mentions that contestants are NOT allowed to tell their families the outcomes ahead of time. While this is alluded to (and was mentioned by Jillian last night) this was not the case for Deanna. If you recall, at the AFTER Rose with Brad, Chris asks Brad why he wanted to fly Deanna’s dad out for the proposal. Chris even said Deanna’s dad was there. I’m not sure if that is true or not, but Chris did say that Deanna’s dad would at least be aware of the outcome. Or was that all a hoax too? Therefore, I think it is quite possible that Melissa calls home after the proposal. Small beans and doesn’t change much, but who knows?

38. Renee