So you are really giving some good guesses regarding “K Moon/Rebecca”. The problem is, pretty much all of them are wrong. In terms of this clue, I can tell you that IF you are able to figure this out, it will put you on track to knowing something very important in the finale. I’d say it’s pretty important in understanding what I know about the finale. Like I said yesterday, by solving the clue, doesn’t mean you know who the final one is. The role of the clue is that it represents something that the finale is about. There is a story here to tell. The clue is part of that story. And when the other clues come, they will be another part of the story. Got it? So I’m gonna help right now and eliminate A LOT of what you guys are coming up with.
As for “K Moon/Rebecca”:
1. It does not have any biblical references whatsoever. I might’ve gone to Catholic school from Kindergarten through 8th grade, but I couldn’t tell you one thing about the Rebecca in the Bible. So yeah, cross that off your list.
2. Its got nothing to do with books, Stephanie Moon, Kristin Moon, romance novels, werewolves, literary writings, etc. Please. Like I’ve ever read a romance novel. I applaud the people who actually dismissed this by saying, “Like Reality Steve reads romance novels and would know anything about this. He’s not that smart.” I couldn’t have said it better myself. And while you’re at it, probably might want to give Kristin Moon on Facebook a break. I hear she’s getting bombarded. Poor girl. Living her everyday life, then some jackass blogger throws up a clue that has nothing to do with her and all the sudden, she’s public enemy #1.
3. Don’t be checking any song lyrics. Anybody who has looked at song lyrics with bands who have “Moon” in them, or “Rebecca”, nope. Not it. Completely way off. Music isn’t relevant here.
4. Has nothing to do with Rebecca Budig, Bob Guiney, K Moon Photography, or Jason’s ex-wife. I never actually even thought about Rebecca Budig when I made the clue. Good connection though. Kind of amazing though that out of all the bachelors we’ve had, Bob Guiney pulled the hottest wife. Yes, I think she’s hotter than Firestone’s import.
5. It is imperative that you focus more on the forwardslash. (Sorry, that was a mistake that I’ve gone back and corrected). The forwardslash represents separation. A lot of you are trying to lump the two in together. Each one represents something on its own. A thought, a mindset, something that puts together what happens in the finale. “K Moon/Rebecca”, if solved, could be a considered a “theme”. Obviously, in a shortened version.
Boy, oh boy. If this is the way the first clue is going, I can only imagine how it’s gonna be when I roll out clue #2 on Tuesday. That clue I already know will have a ton of different meanings people will interpret. But hey, that’s the point. And I’ll probably come back the next day and shoot down half of those meanings. I’m sorry, I’m having a blast with this. I hope you are too. I think a lot of you are. Of course, no matter what I say or do, there are going to be haters and doubters out there. Nothing I can do. I’m just gonna keep doing what I’m doing, have fun with it, post my final column, and then we’ll see how people feel. I’m positive they will feel satisfied that I never led them on, never gave them bogus clues, and that I was honest from the minute I told them I came into some “exclusive” news regarding the finale.
Now, onto more questions that have arisen in the last 24 hours, albeit, with much shorter answers.
1. “Does religion play a role in ultimately how everything shakes out in the end?”
Reality Steve: Has nothing to do with anything.
2. “If all will be revealed in the finale, what are you gonna tell us the next day we won’t already know from what we saw the night before? Won’t the finale speak for itself?”
RS: Nope. What you see on March 2nd will not tell the whole story. There is a timeline involved here. A chain of events, so to speak. And no, “timeline” is NOT a “LOST” reference.
3. “Are your clues in any way ‘LOST’ related? Like something do with that show?”
RS: No. The clues are all related to the “Bachelor” and what happens in the finale. There are no “LOST” references in the clues. The only thing it has to do with “LOST” is the way I’m telling the story. Giving you clues now, and so when you look back after the finale airs, you will realize what I knew and when I knew it.
4. “Is the final rose ceremony going to be doctored in any way by ABC?”
RS: I don’t think so.
5. “Will any of your clues be anagrams?”
RS: No, they won’t. I want people to immediately stop with the anagram stuff. Your brain will start hurting after a while. So as a service to all of you, I’m not gonna put you through that. You can thank me later.
6. “Is one of the remaining bachelorettes not who she says she is? Basically, is someone an actress or a spy or a plant? Anything of that nature?”
RS: I didn’t really want to answer this question, because the more “Nope. Not it” emails and answers I give out, the more theories get eliminated, thus, bringing people closer to the truth. I can’t shoot down EVERYTHING that isn’t right, because there wouldn’t be any fun in that. Gotta let some theories still linger out there. However, I will now answer this question because it seems to be one of the more popular ones being thrown around. The answer is no.
7. “You said in yesterdays ‘Q&A’, that there’s one big thing that no one is picking up on. You mean, not picking up on it from the show, or what you’ve written?”
RS: When I answered that question, I was talking about from what I’ve written.
8. “With all the guesses being thrown around now, how can anything really be ‘shocking’ at this point? Haven’t we seen it all from this show? I mean, what could really shock us at this point?”
RS: Look, I used the word shocked when I found out about it, because I was. If over the next month, you become de-sensitized to the word “shock”, that’s fine. Just know that when you watch the finale, pretend you’re watching it without having ever heard of any “bombshell” happening this season. Then honestly answer afterwards if you saw that coming. If you didn’t, then I think shock is an appropriate word to use. After reading numerous guesses, theories, and speculation on the boards, I’m guessing a lot you will be shocked. Or surprised. Whatever word you want to use to describe “I didn’t see that coming.”
9. “I keep coming back to the screencaps from the beginning of the sesason where they previewed everything. What am I missing that they are, or aren’t, showing us?
RS: I can honestly say, I don’t know. All I can say is whoever edited those screencaps at the beginning of the season knew EXACTLY what they were doing. They’re good. Should probably get a raise for it.
10. “Are you doing this to increase your female audience, thus increasing the amount of emails you get, in hopes that you’ll land a date out of this?”
RS: Not as ridiculous of a question as you might imagine. The reason I say that is because I’ve been asked that question numerous times over the years. “Dude, you meet chicks through your website?” Have I? Sure. But not many, and not like you’re thinking. The purpose of the website has never been about meeting women. You won’t be seeing me on “To Catch a Predator” anytime soon. Sorry. However, I have developed some good friendships through the years, and even a couple relationships did start out of it. Nothing ever got too serious, but, I don’t regret them at all. Bottom line, I’m open to whatever opportunity arises, but I have never used this column as a personal dating service. So Nikki, yeah, I’m single.
This will definitely be the last column before Tuesday. I think I’ve answered a lot of your questions so far. Come Tuesday, I’m sure you’ll have more. Any questions, comments, emails, criticisms, praises, height/weight/bra measurements, email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ha ha. See you Tuesday.