The Bachelor 13 - Jason

The Bachelor Recap – 2/16/09

Let me start off by saying I haven’t been around my computer too much all weekend. My best friend in California was in town for the last three days. So it was great to see him and take my mind off all this madness. I’ve read through some of the comments, but 2000? Really? Unbelievable. One good thing about my friend visiting this weekend? He’s convinced me to release what I know early. And that’s what I’m gonna do. I’m hearing rumors that an independent source has gotten a hold of this story, and plans on running with it to the tabloids this week. So, I guess I have to beat them to the punch now too. So tomorrow morning, at 8:00am CST right here on RealitySteve.com, I will let everyone in on the information I’ve been holding for the last 3 weeks. If you don’t want to know, then you don’t have to come to the site. It’s gotten so out of hand now, plus with Mike Fleiss hyping up the finale like he has, and Host Chris backpedaling in his blog today, it just doesn’t make too much sense to wait until after the finale now. If I did, it’d still prove I knew what happened all along, but with only two girls left, there really aren’t many options left of what could be so shocking. But it is, I’m telling you. So tomorrow, I will release it all right here on RealitySteve.com. I will tell you ABC’s story, then I’m going to tell you what I believe to be the truth, and you can make your own decision from there.

I’m also going to do it in a way never done before on this site. I’ve decided to put it up on YouTube. Yes, that’s right, a video of me explaining everything I knew, when I knew it, and how I knew it. I actually recorded the first segment already, although I’m probably gonna redo it. And hey, Maddie will get to make her first appearance for everyone as well. She’s excited. I think. Either that or petrified. Since my digital camera only lets me record 10 minutes at a time, looks like this is going to be two or three 10 minute videos (part 1, part 2, part 3). There’s a lot to cover, plus answering all the clues, and trying to get to most of your questions. I’m guessing it’ll be about 25-30 minutes long. I realized it would just take forever to write , so I decided to go with the video. Much easier, much quicker, and not so much hassle. I will still have the shortened written version underneath all the videos for those that can’t access YouTube for whatever reason, but it won’t be nearly as detailed. Just the basics of what I knew.

As far as this weeks recap, I’m sorry, but there isn’t one. I watched the whole show last night in 10 minutes, just zipping through most parts. All I watched really were the hot tub scenes, the rose ceremony, and the previews for next week and the finale. If Fleiss is going to come out twice in a span of three days standing behind his “You’re damn right this finale is shocking” statements, and Host Chris is gonna use his blog this morning to sound like a guilty man fleeing when no one is pursuing him, it made it that much more clear to me I needed to come forward with what I know. Kinda hard to recap a show when all this boils down to is what happens on Monday night Mar. 2nd, and the next night for the “ATFR 2.” So you can throw your “Jillian is the final one” or “Jillian comes back and he proposes to her” theories out the window. She was always getting eliminated at the overnight dates and is not returning. Further proof is online where someone posted pictures from the “Women Tell All” taped this past weekend, and Jillian is there. Kinda like last year how Jeremy was in those pictures, but Jason and Jesse weren’t. So Jillian fans, I’m sorry. Her ride is over.

As for some of the emails I’ve gotten over the last couple days referring to a “JeffS” in my comments section, I’ll just say this. I don’t know who is posting that. Did I work with a guy named Jeff “Skin” Wade at the radio station? Yes. But he’s no longer there. He doesn’t watch the show, nor does he care about the show, and I like the guy, so I can’t imagine it was him posting that stuff. I have no idea who that is who did. Also, for the record, I have never posted a comment on my own blog, either under my own name, or someone elses. That’s just ridiculous. I post columns and blogs. Why would I write in the comments section? Never happened and never will.

I want to say something to long time fans who have become disappointed with all the craziness that’s been going on since the announcement of the exclusive news. I’m right there with you. I’ve never been a spoiler site. Never wanted to be one. I just happened to stumble upon information this year that was so good, I had to promote it. Once it got out of hand, I realized what a monster it had become, and now with Fleiss and Host Chris essentially telling you now what I’ve been telling you for three weeks, it was just the right time to do this. Next season, RealitySteve.com will be back to normal. I doubt I’ll find any info like this again, and we’ll just go back to the snarky, sarcastic, sophomoric column you’re all used to reading and I’m used to writing. So just realize this is a temporary thing. I’m not about to turn this site into some 20/20 reporting gig. But right now, I have to do this so I can get the truth out there before the theories get any crazier. And, of course, I’ll take great enjoyment in beating Fleiss and the tabloids to the punch. He can’t move up his finale, but I can sure move up telling you what information I have, and that’s what I plan on doing tomorrow.

So after tomorrow, I will post occasionally, maybe give a few words about the “Women Tell All” in a Tuesday column, then do a final 20 questions or something after the videos are released if there are any left. But the videos will be pretty self explanatory of what you’re going to see in the finale. I think its hilarious that I’ve told you it would be shocking for three weeks, and now Fleiss and Host Chris are coming out and telling you the same thing. And they’re right. They’re not exaggerating. It’s going to be shocking. And that’s just their side of it. When I tell you what I know, I think that will be just as shocking, if not more shocking, than what Fleiss is talking about as his “shocker.” Did that make sense? I think so. Host Chris says last night that the “After the Final Rose” was going to be “so dramatic, and so emotionally difficult that they had to keep the taping as intimate as possible”, was ridiculous. I laughed when I saw that. It’s drama people. They’re creating drama. I’ll tell you exactly why they had to keep it as intimate as possible. Tomorrow can’t come soon enough.

I’m not going to leave you completely empty handed today though, as you will still be getting clue #4. This is obviously going to be the last clue given before tomorrows announcement. You won’t need anymore since, well, you’ll have all your answers on Friday. So, clue #4 is:

“Bird Flower”

That’s it. Sorry about not recapping, but ever since I found out this information, this season has all been about what happens in the finale, and not at the overnight dates or the “Women Tell All.” So tell your friends, family, enemies, mistresses, and all those interested that if they want to know what really happened on this season of the “Bachelor”, that they might want to check out what I have to say tomorrow. Of course, this is all my opinion. You can choose to believe me or not (wink, wink). Any emails, praises, criticisms, comments, questions, email me at steve@realitysteve.com. Maddie and I will see you tomorrow. Until then.

1,474 Comments

1,474 Comments

1. Anonymous

February 19, 2009 at 10:56 AM

1244, 1266 Something else that was OFF about the Seatlle/Melissa date when she met Ty, was that she sat around in her gown until she got the “call” from J. changing the date. Remember they showed it in the previews and the program that the hotel phone rings and he is calling to change plans because of Ty. But later they are talking on the couch, he asks her about this and indicates that SHE called HIM. The wording is below:

On the ABC full episode player it is Week 5, pt 1,
    21:44
    J: Did you have a good night even though it wasn’t what I had planned?
    M: No I had a fantastic night. I’m glad this all happened.
    J: Really?
    M: Mmhmm
    J: I know, when you – when you called I could … I mean you were just …. as cool as could be, as usual.

No editing caught that?? Gah! He asks her what she thought about the change of plans when SHE CALLED HIM. complete flip of what was shown earlier at the hotel and in the previews where they show HIM making the call to change the plans.

Did anyone else catch that?

2. Anonymous

February 19, 2009 at 4:03 PM

#1451 – went back and listened, he definitely said “when You called” — I feel stupid for watching this crap

3. Can't believe I care

February 19, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Is it just my computer or were all of the comments deleted after today at 11? I thought I read more earlier…

4. don't back down

February 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM

to quote Pauly our good CDN boy
    “Oh God, this is going to get interesting”
    lets hope so…
    to pull this show out of the crapper

5. anonymous

February 19, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Molly is pregnant. That is why this all came about. She notified jason in Jan. when she found out, and the ball started rolling.

6. MobMentality

February 19, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Jascon is on Extra next!

Thwe only drop dead jawbreaking, make me cry ending would be he hooks up with Stepanie and the odds of that are the same as Atlanta, GA getting 6 inches of snow!!

7. MobMentality

February 19, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Jason is on Extra next!

8. For 1453

February 19, 2009 at 7:48 PM

There seems to have been a significant purging of comments from 2/18 and 19 (yesterday and today). Or perhaps I should simply say that a lot of them (most)are gone. I gather something happened?

9. Christine

February 19, 2009 at 8:20 PM

#1453 – WTF happened to all of the comments???

10. cynstriss

February 19, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Wow – someone is not happy with what’s being posted here! Yikes!!!!

11. Lori

February 19, 2009 at 11:22 PM

There is something about Melissa I don’t trust. They way her family would not get involved. Her friends seemed like hired actors, the one guy was doing all the talking, everyone else seemed uncomfotable. Best friends always meet the boyfriend! You can usually count on them for an honest opinin.
    I think she is being paid a fair chunk of change to be publicly humuliated.
    It seemed to me each girl knew when they were going home.
    All very predictable.

12. noclue

February 20, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Comments being deleted here…curious…

13. Just wondering

February 20, 2009 at 12:17 AM

WTF! Just wondering how there can be almost a three hour difference in posts from 1460-1461? What the heck is going on?

14. MobMentality

February 20, 2009 at 12:27 AM

They deleted this link to Jason’s ex..her so called ‘career’..she’s awful and needs to go home and be a mom to Ty. I’ll try it one more time..if it gets deleted, google Hilary Mesnick

So far, most of us who don’t agree 100% with RS theory posts have been deleted..unreal.

15. MobMentality

February 20, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Yep..it was up to 1562 comments..where are they now?

16. Janie

February 20, 2009 at 12:47 AM

#1464 I was able to watch the movie video of Hilary Mesnick.My take on it is why can’t she have a career on a music video..there are tons of mothers that have music careers and doesn’t make them a bad mother..The thing that struck me was the scenes and words to the song..also the part of her throwing the ring back to the guy and then it falling on a bed of roses..I know there is no way it was to forshadow any of theses bachelor shows but sure was odd due to all the roses and rings and what not of the show..Just tossing some thoughts around on the video..Nothing intended to really comment on anything of the bachelor this season but just the odd of the roses and ring..

17. Celina

February 20, 2009 at 8:40 AM

What was being discussed in the deleted posts?

18. babs

February 20, 2009 at 10:07 AM

dont know but just posted a ton of pics of bachelor filming and Melisa from photobucket I got moderated and now gone.

19. mandibear

February 20, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Steve, I have read your column since the Trista season. LOVE your sarcasm and snark! A man after my own heart! Let’s think rationally here, people. Of course this was “scripted” to turn out this way from the start. Every season has it’s “story” that was mostly predetermined. Do you think BRAD actually decided he wasn’t giving either Jenni or Deanna the final rose? No way was that HIS decision. Do you think Deanna actually chose to send home both Fred and Robert on the 2 on 1 date, leaving her alone in the house with Jason? Absolutely not! They had Jason picked out then, and probably had a good idea of what they were going to do this season at that point. There is probably a whole list of brainstormed “twists” and “plots” and “shocking endings”.

20. noclue

February 20, 2009 at 11:33 AM

RS – that Aletheia chick (aka ABC executive) is trying to steal your thunder! Of course her version of the events put ABC in a MUCH better light. She is obviously a working overtime trying to spin everything. Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag RS. It’s kinda fun watching how ABC is gonna try to spin this.

My bet is that they try to blame it all on Melissa. She’s not ready to settle down, she is still in love with her ex, etc. Fliess and his minions are just soooo slimey. Arg!

21. Jen

February 20, 2009 at 12:04 PM

My comment along with two other people who commented on me was DELETED – It said that I bet they went back and re-filmed the HTD on New year’s due to the pictures we saw on her myspace, I saw them quite sometime ago, and commented on her outfit. Melissa was tagged in them by another girl, and the kids were callign her Aunt.

Same clothes in teh pics as her HTD

Maybe they went back and re-filmed her HTD around New Years, becuase her parents didn’t want to be involved after they found out what all was going on. Would explain the publicness they described. Which would mean melissa was in on it, if they retapped.

22. aintaho

February 28, 2009 at 1:16 AM

So I’m not even sure , how I wound up here, but ha ha too funny you are Steve. Douchebags.>> LOL LOL Thats great! Who writes like that anymore. Honesty! So your specs are great but I like the side bits better.. Thank you for the enjoyment!! I’ll be back to read again. LOL Douchebags LOL Good one !!!!

23. Lori Singer

February 28, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Thanks, thanks, thanks, Steve….YOU’RE AWESOME!!

Thanks for keeping us all up to date :)

24. Dione Kramer

March 3, 2009 at 3:04 AM

Jason and Molly have no class. I am not happy with the way that they did this!