The Bachelor 13 - Jason

Another Video Update Coming Monday….

To say the last few days have been a whirlwind would be an understatement. It’s been quite an interesting last couple days at Casa de Reality Steve. Magazines calling, newspapers calling, websites wanting to do interviews, and fame and fortune completely going to Maddie’s head. Kidding. I mean, I expected some reaction, but not like this. But whatever. That’s what I get for releasing the information early. The biggest part that sucks is what I told you can’t technically be proven until March 2nd. So that leaves 10 days now for people to doubt, come up with new theories, and what not. The bottom line in this though has never changed. I said I had exclusive news back in January. ABC started promoting their big “shocker” a couple weeks ago. I told you what that “shocker” was and now they’re spinning their wheels trying to figure out what to do and how to make it look better than it really was. The fact of the matter is Jason dumped Melissa at the ATFR taping in January and started dating Molly. Period. End of story. They can’t change the fact that’s what happened. And I’m sure they’re pissed that I spoiled their big “shocker”. So what I’m guessing they will try and do is probably paint a prettier picture to make you think Jason was forced to do it because of her parents, or it was a mutual breakup. Wrong. If you want to believe that, go ahead. It’s not what happened.

I’m gonna take the weekend off and get away from this for a couple days, but I’ll be back Monday with a new column and You Tube video update talking about the latest going on. And no, it won’t be 30 minutes long. This will just be one video. Have a great weekend. See you Monday.

1,487 Comments

1,487 Comments

1. Jennifer Lopez

February 22, 2009 at 10:54 PM

If this whole proposed, broke it off, dated someone else turns out to be true- ABC is dumber than a box of hair. People tune into this lame show for a love story to escape the reality of life where love is fleeting. They want to believe for one hour (or two) that it really works for some people. By constantly “shocking” people they are just showing them reality- which is not what people want when they watch reality TV. ABC needs to grow a brain and get some ovaries producing the show.

2. anonnnn

February 22, 2009 at 11:03 PM

1451 – AGREE, AGREE, AGREE
    MFleiss has no idea what the majority of the population wants – we don’t need any more bad news, stressful situations, etc. We just need some relaxing downtime where we can forget our own problems.

Yankee – If Mel walks out of the taping, I’m sure they will do a hard edit on her. But I will be proud of her! And I agree, J and Molly will not have an easy time of it.

I’ve never used facebook, but I’d love to be able to contact Jill or Melissa after the final..final..final….final airs and find out what went on behind the scenes.

3. Heidi Fleiss

February 22, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I wonder if Aletheia is a “pro” ?

4. TO ALETHEIA

February 22, 2009 at 11:40 PM

QUIT BEING SUCH A BITCH…..IF YOUR NOT GONNA POST YOUR IN THEN QUIT STRINGING PEOPLE ALONG WITH YOUR IM GONNA POST IT THIS EVENING AND YOU DONT CRAP…….I BET YOUR WAITING TO SEE WHAT RS POST TOMMARROW SO YOU CAN COPY IT OVER TO YOUR BLOG FROM HIS

5. TO ALETHEIA

February 22, 2009 at 11:44 PM

# 1454 …..IN SHOULD BE INFO NOT IN

6. valerie

February 22, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Does anybody else think it strange that Jason’s hometown newspaper is keeping up with him, that Molly’s hometown newspaper is keeping up with her, but there isn’t a hometown paper keeping up with Melissa? If there is one, I can’t find it anywhere online.

7. BringMeridethBack

February 22, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Producers should re-watch Merideth Phillips’ season–they need to get that vibe back. Now that the economy is slow can’t they cast some people who actually have interesting careers–maybe not treat the cast like prisoners/babies. Otherwise, its all sales reps and flight attendants.

8. Where Are The Ads?

February 22, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Apologies in advance if I missed it, but I’ve watched the whole Oscars show and haven’t seen one ad for TB….since it’s such a “shocking” show, unlike anything we’ve seen before, don’t you think they would have had at least one ad for it.

Just seems odd to me….

9. TO ALETHEIA

February 22, 2009 at 11:54 PM

GO AHEAD GO ON RADIO SHOWS WITH YOUR SOURCE AND GETS YOUR ASSES SUED BY ABC FOR FIVE MILLION BUCKS FOR SPOING THE ENDING CAUSE IF YOUR SOURCE HAS THIS INFO OBVIOUSLY HE/SHE GOT IT FROM SOMEONE AT ABC WITH A CONTRACT TO KEEP THEIER MOUTH SHUT TILL AFTER MARCH 3RD

10. Anonymous

February 23, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Yankee, “enough already!” All you ever say on this blog is how Jason, Molly and ABC is going to make Mel look bad and pin this on her. Frankly! You do not make a bit of sense.

11. Anonymous

February 23, 2009 at 12:04 AM

I agree with # 1271.

12. Yankee

February 23, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Jennifer Lopez-I agree. It would have been nice to see this end with a love story. He’s in love and she’s in love and he proposes and she accepts. We don’t need to be shocked out of our shoes.The vast majority of us would habe been happy to see it work out at least until ATR has been filmed. lol

13. Angie

February 23, 2009 at 12:12 AM

I am with you on this one RS, everything else out there sounds fake and your actually seems credible keep the news coming 😀

P.S. I am still hoping its not true but I am pretty sure you are correct

14. roma

February 23, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Again I say….How about this ….. It seems that Jason was really interested in Molly early on; the tent date; walk etc. She was the favorite. Then as time went on, he became increasingly impressed with Melissa. He seemed impressed that she wanted to be a teacher and spend the summer w/kids. He said many times that he could find nothing wrong with her and even could marry her even though he hadn’t met her parents.
    What if Molly was the one, who was the favorite early on, but he fell in love w/Melissa in the end. Molly freaks out because she expects to win. The ATFR1 is about Jason meeting Melissa’s parents and dealing with Molly. There’s a proposal and wedding (to Melissa)-hence ATFR2. All this false information that has been leaked to innocent sources is just ABCs way of throwing us off the scent to the obvious-Jason is with Melissa. Look at the body language.

15. roma

February 23, 2009 at 12:18 AM

16. venus

February 23, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Everybody. .Please do yourselves a favor…don’t bother going to Altheia’s bachelornew blog. I keep posting this, but new posters apparently visit RS’s blog here and don’t realize that site is a scam.

Someone is somehow making money off that site each time the link is hit. “Altheia” keeps promising…has been promising for well over a week now.. saying he/she is checking with their legal advisers and “soon” he/she will reveal the REAL story about TB. Baloney!! All that so call blogger does is pull people from here to read what he/she has garneed from RS’s info.

Just scroll right on by when you see the Altheia is here again.

Pure and Simply…don’t waste your time.

17. venus

February 23, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Roma 1466…. As far as a marriage taken place on the AFRC2 what makes me doubtful about that is because Jason said on in tv interview in Seattle (it was posted here a while back) something along these lines…we (meaning he and his betrothed) will wait until we get back to normal and off tv.

Unless he is saying that to create deception…don’t know. I think the AFRC2 will be something along the lines that RS thinks…about his relationship with his NOW fiance`

18. roma

February 23, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Well maybe there won’t be a wedding, but an update from the fallout of ATFR1. Remember Jason hadn’t met Melissa’s family and Fleiss did say somewhere that he was to blame for not being around during that time. He was busy with other shows and he should have paid more attention to try to get them on the show. Maybe ATFR 1 is his way of reconciling that .

19. Anonymous

February 23, 2009 at 12:41 AM

What I find disturbing is that CH didn`t come out on camera when Jill got eliminated to tell her to say her goodbyes to Mel and Molly. As far as I`m concerned it was very rude of CH and Mel & Molly to snub Jill like that.

20. Pinkgirl

February 23, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Roma

I am so with you on this…the more I read and try to piece together the more I realize that J is with Mel in the end……I do not see a wedding, although I must admit I would love it, I believe the pic of the FRC got leaked and if MF wasnt around maybe once he realized it he wanted to shake some things up…..hence what all is going on now…but I really believe in the end they will be together

21. venus

February 23, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Hi Anonymous 1460…Yankee and I seem to be in RS’s camp and take what he has put out here as the real deal. He says that Mel was, to use RS word, “Blindsided,”

With the chatter now going on about this “shocking” AFRC, I would imagine we will see, or I am hoping we will see a softer dumping of Mel.

If they show her being very upset…dang right..she will have every right to show it. I mean dumping her on national tv?? That’s cruel.

22. roma

February 23, 2009 at 12:55 AM

I’m with you Pinkgirl totally.

23. venus

February 23, 2009 at 12:59 AM

1469 Anonymous…I thought that was odd as well, however, I think seeing the ladies hugging and saying goodbye to Jill was edited out for time constraints. They don’t show every single interaction. Besides. seeing how Jason handled it, staring off and sitting on the bench looking spent pulls the audience more towards him and his feelings. Remember, the show is really all about HIM and that is who they are going to concentrate on.

24. JustGuessin

February 23, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Just speculating, but I think It might really be Jillian. I think Fleiss is pullilng a “Dallas” on us. You know, it’s all been a dream…. Jillian decided she was sure about Jason after she had her dream. He sent her home because he was afraid she COULD hurt him and took too long to let him know how she felt. Once she was gone he realized she was the one, but of course they kept on filming, because they had to complete the series. Everything filmed after she left is just for show.

25. venus

February 23, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Just Guessin…that would be lovely as many of Jillian fans would love if she returned..but, how does Jason explain his voiceover when he said, “I just wasn’t in love with her.” Or, “I wasn’t in love with her.” I don’t recall if he used the word “just”

26. JustGuessin

February 23, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Maybe Jason didn’t really say that about her. They may have just edited it to look that way. He could have made that comment about one of the other girls. From everything we’ve heard, they have done some heavy editing. I was actually a fan of Mel.

27. Lisa

February 23, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Hi Steve – there is another blogger out there claiming to have inside scoop … she says that J DOESN’T propose to Melissa at the finale, then goes with Molly, then changes his mind BACK to Melissa at the AFTR#2. And that none of it was predetermined.

What do you think? Here’s the link: http://bachelornews.blogspot.com/

28. Ralph

February 23, 2009 at 2:20 PM

RS

How many times can you say the same thing over and over again!

Jason picks Melissa
    Jason dumps Melissa for Molly
    I THINK it was planned by ABC all along but I am not certain.

Come on RS. Either tell us something new or stop making videos.

29. KateLaw

February 23, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Never really cared who Jason chose at the end, as I liked the last 3. I don’t even care that he changed his mind about his final choice.

What bothers me is how it’s done. Embarassing and humiliating ANY of the girls on TV is dispicable.

Contract or no contract, does no one connected to this show have any decency or integrity?

A real man stands up for his convictions. And a real man’s convictions should include treating everyone with respect.

If the ATR does show his public dumping of Melissa, no matter what the reason, then Jason is not a man. I hope Jason is better than that.

Treating any of the final girls in this way will prevent me from ever watching again.

Thank you Steve for the video & explanation.

30. Michelle

February 23, 2009 at 11:09 PM

this is making me sick

31. anonymous

February 24, 2009 at 1:44 AM

wow, steve, you really want to be famous don’t you? you are loving the attention…i think this is all repeat of what you said, we believe you , we believed you the first time! i couldn’t even finish watching this video cause it’s the same thing…

32. gerrydee

March 3, 2009 at 3:01 PM

This show has reached the pit bottom.
    To hurt Melissa in this wasy was so horrible. My heart went out to her. Who does Jason Jerk think he is anyway..no catch in my estimate for sure.
    In the beginning he was a nice guy, but then this all went to his head and now he thinks he is God’s gift to women NOT. Ty is just a little boy, but seems spoiled to me, so no Christmas present for a step-parent.
    Molly needs a “shrink” to accept this jerk back after publicly rejecting her in front of millions of viewers. She should have said No Way do I want YOU back! Hit the road. You might do the same thing to me in a few months and end up with DeAnna.
    This guy is so screwed up I think he needs to go live on an island by himself for a while. His first wife probably had good reason for getting rid of him…no guts and very selfesh.
    I am not watching this show again.

33. san312

March 3, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Are you kidding??? Do you really believe Jason would do something like that on purpose? Have you been watching the show? He did the right decision despite the outcome. He made a mistake by chosing the wrong person then before it was too late he corrected it. Thank God he didn’t do like many others have done and stayed with the wrong person to “keep up appearances” for the show. He actually did the right thing. I can totally see how people could be different when the cameras are off. I personally don’t think Melissa was mature enough for him anyway. She acted like she was having a highschool crush. Not a real relationship with a single dad.

34. The Italian Princess

March 3, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Thanks Reality Steve for the update on tonight’s after the Final Rose part 2. I was so pissed last night that I debated on watching it tonight. Poor Melissa. She was such a sweetheart! He was so wrong for that, and Molly….. okay “whatever”. Molly shows no real emotion. She was like a dang puppet. There is no comparison. Melissa is way better. I think Molly is tramp for messing with Jason while he and Melissa were still engaged! Don’t deny it Molly…. you’re a dumb girl, but what goes around comes around and it will. Watch when he does the same thing to you, but you might be a single mom with his kid by then….haha. You will never know if he is still texting or calling Melissa either if things get boring or he changes his mind about you. So I hope that haunts you as well. Then you will know how it feels. Melissa has so much life to her. I wish her the best. She is has lots of fans on her side and I am one of them. But again thanks because now I don’t have to watch the show tonight and get all upset, even though you said Melissa is doing great now……

35. newtoforum

March 3, 2009 at 8:57 PM

It seems that ABC believes that this is ancient Rome and the viewing public would enjoy (on some disgusting level ) watching a young woman be hurt and publicly humiliated. If your other information is correct then Jason purposly hurt the woman he “really loves” for shock effect and then did an even worse thing by leading Melissa on only to drop her on TV. He is really a pathetic excuse for a man. Remember the promotion that the host did for the AFTR program saying that what occured was so shocking that they kept the taping as “intimate as possible”….sure, then showed it on television in prime time. What great guys!!

36. Lucia

March 3, 2009 at 9:13 PM

I’m confused.
    Can someone give me a timeline (dates) on The Bachelor filmings?
    FRC was filmed when?
    AFTR is usually filmed how much later?
    Was there a different AFTR 1 that was fimed in front of an audience (when Jason and Melissa were engaged)?
    The AFTR we saw last night was filmed when?
    The AFTR that will be on tonight was filmed when?

Also, Is there any way someone can publish a sample of the contract the participants sign?

And, are the participants allowed to talk off camera to really get to know each other? I mean when do they talk about politics and religion and work and money and all the things people need to talk about to get to know each other?

37. JeniInMO

March 4, 2009 at 1:05 AM

At first after reading your blog I didn’t (or couldn’t) believe the show was set up or “faked”. After watching the final episode and the AFTR1 & AFTR2 I know the show was a complete scam.
    1st: What was DeAnna’s point on being in the show? She went for the fun guy and made a mistake. In otherwords, pick Melissa. Isn’t it funny that she just happened to show up in NZ? That it bothered her that bad how she treated him she had to fly to NZ and tell him words of wisdon? The he even gave her a hug and acted like they were pals?
    2nd: When Chris asked Molly if she had seen Jason in the 6 weeks since the AFTR1 show aired, she said only a handful of weekends. I didn’t notice Molly missing any fingers, but I believe most people have 5 fingers on their hand. A handful would be 5 weekends out of 6 weekends? Or, could they weekends have occured while he was seeing Melissa?
    3rd: The comment that Jillian made after they announced her the new bachelorette – “I’m not a very good actor”. Some people on the show obviously are! I’ve heard people say, but the people are not actors, how can that fake it? It’s called rehersal…..happens every day on soap operas, tv commercials, movies, sitcoms, reality tv shows. Needless to say, I am glad I read your blog before watching the final episode, otherwise I would have been really PO’d. It made me pay more attention to the “actors”. I agree that I don’t think all of the women were in on it, but there may have been one and her name is NOT Melissa. Another thing, Jason threw a big fit when he went down on one knee and DeAnna didn’t pick him, yet he did the same exact thing. He was portrayed as “Mr. Sensitive”. He was sensitive alright, every show he cried I wanted to call for the waaammmbulance. Disgusting. I will not watch another show of the Bachelor/ette. I could go on and on because I am so upset that ABC thinks that most Americans are stupid and that they could get away with this as “real people with real feelings” The same thing can be said about actors. They sign contracts too. I thought I would watch a Cinderella type story, but all I got was Stupid in Seattle.