American Idol 8

American Idol Recap – 5/5/09

Big happenings in the “Idol” world this week starting with the stage coming crashing down on everyones head. Ok, so maybe that was an exaggeration, but the way Ryan made it out to seem, it was like a 9.0 earthquake rocked everyone’s world and people were running around with their heads chopped off. Bottom line is one of the stage hands took a giant tumble down the stairs (something I’m shocked Ryan hasn’t done yet during the open), and then one of the fixtures almost fell over, so rehearsals were cancelled. Good thing they don’t spend a lot of money on creating that set, or else we really could’ve had some problems. The set is really tricked out more so than in years past, and I guess this was bound to happen at some point. I just wish it would’ve happened to Paula. Awwwww, c’mon Steve. Don’t be so cruel. Ok, I apologize. Yeah, probably wasn’t nice since we’ve come to find out Paula, in the latest ever-so-popular “Ladies Home Journal” magazine, admits she was addicted to pain killers. No, really?

According to the interview, she admits to taking “heavy duty pain killers, though she never shot an Idol episode under the influence.” That’s laughable. So if the wild ass behavior we’ve seen in the past on “Idol” WASN’T when she was under the influence, I can only imagine what she’s like when she is. Yikes. Hide the women and children, people. And sharp objects. The interview also states that Paula wore “a patch that delivered a pain medication about 80 times more potent than morphine”, and this past Thanksgiving pretty much decided to stop being a pill popper and “went into a self-created rehab after 12 years of addiction to medication.” And oh yeah, she still hasn’t signed her contract for next season of “Idol” yet. My God, I don’t know if this interview could be any better. The only thing its missing is that she’ll be performing her new single on tonights results show. How are they gonna incorporate MC Skat Kat into the performance. I’m dying to know, really. I hope she lip synchs better than Jamie Foxx did.

I was a little curious last week when they announced that Slash would be this weeks mentor. What exactly would he be mentoring them in? Drug use? How to handle four groupies at a time? Hygiene? Weird dynamic having a guy who’s not even know for his singing helping contestants out on a singing show. How about next week they bring in the one armed drummer from Def Leppard to mentor? And another thing, has anyone ever seen Slash and Gene Simmons in the same room at the same time? Didn’t think so. I was waiting for Slash to stick out his long tongue at the end of every video piece. Easily the most head scratching mentor they’ve ever had on this show. Him mentoring is like having Paula Abdul be a judge of a singing competition. Woops. On to the performances.

Adam Lambert, “Whole Lotta Love”: The judges loved it, the fans loved it, and I thought it was the best performance of the night. But only be default since I don’t think any of the other three performed all that well. Plus, maybe Adam changed up a few things here and there, but everyone has always loved him for his originality and spins he puts on songs, well, during Rock N Roll week, there really wasn’t much of a spin he could so it just seemed like any other performance he’s done. Got his Axl Rose scream in a couple times, did his winking, got his quick head jerks in. Pretty much what he does on a weekly basis, but, didn’t sing out of tune, did flub any lines, and had a stage presence unlike any of the other three. So I don’t think anything Adam did tonight should be too surprising considering it was HIS week, Rock N Roll week. Did we really expect him not to be any good? He was good, just not great. He’s had better performances I thought. Why was Kara so excited? Getting out of her seat, pumping her fist. It was like she wanted to fight someone. I half expected her to start going, “Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!” like she was in the Arsenio Hall audience.

Allison Iraheta, “Crybaby”: She told us before she went on that she went to Adam Lamberts hair stylist this week. Ummmm, I didn’t notice anything different. Did I miss something? It was still red and it looked like rocker chick hair. The song did nothing for me since all she did was pretty much sing the word “Crybaby” over and over. Although Paula got in a great one tonight when she told her if they ever filmed a Janis Joplin biopic, Allison should already have the part. Huh? I’m guessing Allison Iraheta has zero chance to play Janis Joplin in any future biopic. Go back to the meds, Paula. Put the patch on again and shoot up medicine 80 times more potent than morphine before you speak. Then we’ll REALLY hear some loopy shi** coming from your mouth.

Kris Allen & Danny Gokey duet, “Renegade”: About an awkward a duet as you’ll ever see. Especially during Rock N Roll week. These two couldn’t have been any more out of their element if they tried. Some genres fit some singers best. Uhhhh, I’m guessing when this is all said and done, when you ask Danny and Kris what was their least favorite week, they’ll say Rock N Roll week. Those two performing “Renegade” was painful to watch. First off, there’s nothing renegade about either of those two guys as both will be putting out albums geared towards chicks. Secondly, there’s nothing “rocker” about either of these guys, and they tried way too hard. I do applaud them for at least trying, but man, what an awkward performance.

Kris Allen, “Come Together”: You knew it was gonna go bad for Kris when Randy’s critique was how much he was impressed with Kris’ guitar playing. Good. We’re glad Randy. However, this isn’t “Americas Got Talent” this is a singing competition and Kris didn’t look comfortable all night. Definitely in trouble tonight. Then again, he’s been in the bottom three a few times now and survived. Maybe he gets one more week. But since the Danny/Adam final seems like a foregone conclusion, I guess he doesn’t have much longer regardless.

Danny Gokey, “Dream On”: Completely not his style, tried way too hard, and the last note was so over-the-top and out of character for him, it was hard to watch. Of course, for all the Gokey haters out there who think he does the same thing every week, you have to give him credit for doing something different. But I think even Danny will see when he watches it back that the screaming at the end sounded awful. Like to the point where Maddie’s ears popped up and she started howling. Well, not really. She doesn’t howl. Or bark. She can lay down and sleep with the best of them though.

Adam Lambert & Allison Iraheta, “Slow Ride”: Well, not like it was going to take much to outperform the Danny/Kris duo, but they easily did. And of course, the judges gushed that they should do a duo together on their albums. Has that ever happened before? I can’t remember. I know a couple former “Idols” have collaborated on songs where one writes it and the other sings it, but have they actually sung a duet that was put on to one of their albums? Michael Johns and Carly Smithson did that duet earlier this season, but I don’t know if that was on his album or just released as a single. Either way, I guess that’s one that we can consider. Were there any others?

I want to mention something about Kara. She’s taken a lot of heat this season and there’s rumors floating around she won’t be back next season. I can assure you that decision has not been made yet, and according to Simon, he wants her back. Simon’s got a ton of pull obviously, so if he wants her back, I’m guessing she will be. Anyway, I thought she made a good point about Adam in a recent interview, and it’s pretty much what I’ve been trying to say about him all along. She just happened to express it better. I think this is the best way anyone has described Adam thus far. Here’s what she said:

“I really want to see him do something where his visual is also included. A lot of his star comes out when he is performing and he is looking at the audience. I am almost nervous that the medium of a record won’t be big enough for him.”

No one has ever doubted Adam’s star quality, but I think he is one performer who’s appeal is much more appreciated in person. Not that he won’t produce an album, but I said it a couple weeks ago, I think he’ll have a much longer career on Broadway or in theater than he will selling albums. Try not looking at the TV when Adam sings. You probably can’t because you actually want the visual of him singing too. If you turn away and don’t watch him, I think he’s good, but not great. His theatrics and performance kind of add to his voice. If its just his voice and Axl screaming, it just becomes a different performance overall.

Reality Steve’s Top Performance:

1. Adam Lambert

Reality Steve’s Bottom 3 Performances:

1. The rest of the group

Reality Steve’s Prediction of Who Will Get Eliminated: I’ll go with Kris this week since I think Simon was right when he said Allison might get saved by her duet with Adam. But then again, does it really matter? If Kris doesn’t go this week, he’s most likely gone next week. Now of course there are those who think since Danny butchered “Dream On” he’s leaving, but I highly doubt it. His fan base is too strong, as evidenced by never having been in the bottom three, to send him home on one bad performance. We’ve been saying it since the beginning of the season we’re headed for a Danny/Adam final and it looks like we’re only a couple weeks away.

A final note about a Danny/Adam final: In the same interview where Simon said he’d like Kara back for another season, he also stated that in a Danny/Adam final, he sees it right now as 55/45 in favor of Danny. This coming from a guy who basically has sung Adam’s praises since Day 1, continuously says he’s the top performer on a weekly basis, and knows that Adam is the most original contestant they’ve ever had. Simon has never once said a negative thing about Adam I don’t think. Yet, he’s saying that Danny would win in a final. I said it week 1, and I’ll say it again: Remember who votes on this show. Would I be shocked if Adam won? No. But I don’t think he will. Remember last years final where all three judges said Archuleta outsang Cook on all 3 songs? Yet who ended up winning? Simon even went as far as to say it was a “knockout” and wasn’t even close that Archuleta blew Cook away in the finals. Doesn’t mean anything though obviously since Cook won. I have a feeling the same thing will happen again in this years finals. I’m expecting Adam to blow everyone away, probably out sing Danny on at least two of the three songs, if not all of them, yet I think Danny will win.

Back Friday again with another “Reality Roundup.” I totally forgot to mention the “Jon & Kate Plus 8” story last week, and now with the latest on these two, I will definitely not forget this week. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire and I’m not surprised in the least bit that Jon has a wandering eye. But jeez Jon, sunbathing in your front lawn with her? Might want to be a little less subtle. Once again, any questions, comments, emails, praises, criticisms, questions/concerns/queries for the next mailbag, send them all to steve@realitysteve.com. See you Friday.

1. lyz

May 6, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Actually, the mishaps last night were pretty serious. Read here: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/american-idol-o.html

It was the stage manager who was injusred. I don’t want any stage hand to get hurt on a show. They are just trying to make a living.

2. onehappyB

May 6, 2009 at 11:27 AM

I have only bought 3 AI albums (Kelly, Carrie, & Daughtry) so I know Kelly did have a duet on her first album with Tamyra Gray (loved it).

Long time reader, first time commenter 😀 Love your blog!

3. itsmemichele

May 6, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Steve, on Kelly Clarksons first cd,she and Tamyra Grey have a duet. Good song but I can’ think of the name. But basically was about a guy who was caught seeing both of them.

4. mcanj

May 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM

That was horrible that the stage manager got hurt. I hope he/she is okay! Last night performances to me were not surprising. Adam was in his element so you know he was going to be great. Allison was good as well. Danny and Kris were not so I give them an A+ for trying. Last night was all about Allison and Adam and Danny and Kris just had to hang on and get through the night.
    Allison has had several not so wonderful performances but last night she shined. Adam had a horrible performance during Country week and Danny was last night. Kris has done great every week but this week he wasn’t great.
    I think Kris or Allison will be going home this week. Adam and Danny have the biggest fan bases so I think they are both safe. Danny shouldn’t go home because of one bad performance. America forgave Adam during country week and I think they will forgive Danny this week.

5. LK32

May 6, 2009 at 12:06 PM

I just want to comment on what Kara said about Adam. I have bought every studio version song of his on i-tunes and every single one of them is incredible. I could listen to his studio version of “Feelin’ Good” over and over. Granted, they aren’t his original songs but I’m just saying that while he is an awesome perormer, his voice in the recording studio is also amazing. He’s the whole package.

6. ooh how nice

May 6, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Kelly Clarkson and Tamyra Grey’s duet was track 8 on her first album. It may have been called “Who’s Laughing Now”. It at least says that a lot during the song. It’s my favourite from the album, which is why I know the track number. Whenever I listen to the CD in the car I end up replaying it a few times. I can’t think of any other duets released on CDs.

Oh! Actually, I think Paris Bennett had a song on her album featuring Kevin Covais (chicken little). I bought her CD and it was so horrible I gave it away, so I could be wrong. Someone definitely had a song featuring him, though. I’m pretty sure it’s her.

I really hope Gokey finally goes tonight. His performance was so bad it made me miss Casey Carlson from the semi finals…

7. 2muchtime

May 6, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Kelly Clarkson did have a duet on her “Thankful” album with Tamyra Gray. It was called “You Thought Wrong”, and was basically about them dating the same guy and letting him know they figured it out and he couldn’t play them anymore. I LOVED that song, and really thought that they could have released it as a single and it would have done well. I bet Tamyra wishes they had!

8. JENNIFER S.

May 6, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Elliot Yamin did a duet on Taylor Hicks latest album. Excellent by the way.

Steve, Steve, Steve…when are you crossing over to the dark side?? L0L Adam Lambert will win this thing. He’s just that amazing. I havent heard a voice like his in years. I, like poster #5, have also put all his AI performances on my computer and listen to them all the time. His voice carries over just fine without seeing him. I look forward to the day I can buy this first CD. The others are just plain out of his league – have been since day one and no, I am not Adams Aunt!!!! or cousin or sister even. I will just continue to sing this kid’s praises till he wins. i only wish I could hear him sing “Welcome to the Jungle” with Slash as the guitarist. Can you imagine?????

As far as Paula being on pain meds? I didnt know you read Ladies Home Journal. :)

TV is now airing Bachelorette commercials in anticipation of the long awaited even. In the one I saw, she says “I dont care how they like their hot dogs this time” I thought that was very amusing.

9. sally

May 6, 2009 at 2:15 PM

I could have sworn Paula has confessed to this before. Didn’t she say somewhere that she was addicted to pain meds due to a couple of back surgeries?

Or am I getting my drug addicted celebs confused (entirely possible).

10. jljohnson

May 6, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Oh, c’mon, Steve, how can you say Adam was “good but not great”? Who can pull off a Led Zepplin song like that? And frankly, on a song like that, I don’t think you SHOULD change it up much. I actually thought Danny did all right until that god awful scream at the end.

And let’s hope a Gokey/Lambert finale is in store for us. B/c I’m pretty sure Allison won’t make it to the finals and can you imagine how boring a Danny Gokey/Kris Allen finale would be? I’m pretty sure if Adam gets eliminated before then I won’t even watch the finale.

And most of us are not Gokey haters. I actually like Danny and like his voice. I just get sick of people going on about how great Danny is when it’s a simple fact that aside from this week, he does the same kind of song every week. Danny has no versatility. Country week wasn’t Adam’s week but there are probably a lot of people out there who actually liked his performance whereas I dare you to find one person who didn’t cringe when Danny did that scream at the end.

11. aimeenp

May 6, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I really think Danny is going home tonight. I know people think since he hasnt been in the bottom 3 yet that he is safe, but Danny’s fan based is dwindling by the week. I think he really needed to surprise people tonight to stay. But that’s just my take. I think it is starting to look more and more like an Adam/Allison final, thought i would never say that. Although, it doesnt really matter who ends up in the final with Adam because he is going to blow any of the remaining contestants out of the water.

So My final predictions, unless something crazy happens next week.
    Danny gone this week
    Kris gone next week
    Allison/Adam finale
    Adam wins.

12. SummersEve

May 6, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Danny was a mess last night. I have always been a fan of Danny’s… until last night. Seriously, that was as bad as it gets. So bad that I have a feeling that he is going home tonight. Both, he and Chris are one trick ponies.

Simon was just on Ellen this week (Tuesday) and said he thought Adam was going to win this thing. I don’t know what your issues are with Adam as a singer/performer but really. His voice is unlike any other contestants over the years, and he deserves to win.

13. aimeenp

May 6, 2009 at 5:06 PM

I think Danny needs to grow his hair out, because he is the Michael Bolton of American Idol. I can see his first single being something like, “Time, Love, and Tenderness” Gag!

14. lauram

May 6, 2009 at 5:48 PM

ALSO!
    Michael Johns just did a duet with Brooke White called Life is Okay. I haven’t heard it yet actually, has anyone? Is it any good?

15. Joe

May 6, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Fortunately, this season is soon to be over, as it will go down as one of the worst ever. I almost lost my dinner when watching Karaoke Gokey screech last night. If there is justice in the world, he will be eliminated tonight. But it doesn’t really matter, as Adam will win the competition, and then go on with a mediocre recording career before heading back to Broadway.

16. VibeCat

May 6, 2009 at 8:43 PM

I realize I am in the minority here (don’t throw anything at me, we are all entitled to our opinions!) but…

I have listened to Adam without watching. That’s about all I can do anymore. I don’t care to watch himv — I don’t care for him at all. I really think he’s a “one trick pony” and to me (again, my opinion) it feels like he’s doing the same thing all the time. Sorry, just not an Adam fan here and haven’t been for weeks now. I have liked seeing Kris improve week after week and I do like Danny, except for last night lol. That screech woke my cats up! Okay, ducking and dodging the rocks, pies, tomatoes, etc. Be kind lol.

17. Joe

May 6, 2009 at 10:22 PM

I agree with you about Adam….he’s a freak show, but take off the makeup, lipstick, and eyeliner, and he’s just another mediocre voice. I suppose he could be a lead in an amatuer rock band in someone’s garage, but thats about it. LOL

Seriously, the problem with American Idol is that as ratings continue to slide they’ve been forced to spice it up. Kara was brought in as a new judge, and they’ve prepackaged the contestants far more than in previous years. The show is no longer a talent contest in search of undiscovered voices. Its now become a full fledged entertainment show with prepackaged human props. Adam is a creation of AI…once he leaves that stage, he could very well find the business every bit as difficult as did Taylor Hicks after he won.

18. JENNIFER S.

May 7, 2009 at 9:04 AM

You know, I have to laugh when some posters continually blah blah blah about low ratings for this show. If the ratings for this show were so low or getting lower, they would’ve yanked this show a long time ago. We are in season 8 now. What does that tell you? Do you know how many people are making big bucks out of this and will continue to do so?? AND another thing while Im at it. Where does it say that EVERYONE has to become a MEGASTAR to be considered worthwhile?? If you really, really take a look at some of their work you will see that many of the “idol contestants” have gone on to lucrative careers. They work like we work only in a different capacity. They are entertainers. Some of you talk like they should be researching the cause of cancer for you to be like – hey this kid did okay for him/herself. I think the men who post on this site are sorely neglecting some “stamina” so to speak when they bash Adam Lambert. Jealous much???? You can surely read through the lines of their posts. Didn’t your mothers tell you about saying nice things about people. This is a singing competition – solely to entertain the masses. Enjoy while you can and enjoy each and every performance because you go back to you life – where NOBODY critiques YOU!
    Okay – Im done now. That being said….GO ADAM!!!

19. SummersEve

May 7, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Adam’s voice has been compared to Axl Rose, and rightfully so. Those who say he has a mediocre voice, would you say the same about Axl Rose? Didn’t think so. You might not like Axl’s voice, but you can’t say it is mediocre. Likewise for Adam. I can’t wait to buy his music.

I still don’t know how Kris Allen has gotten this far. He is LESS than mediocre at best and does not deserve to be in the final three.

20. ninali

May 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM

I was really bummed that Allison was booted last night…she was way better than both Danny and Kris. When they anounced Kris as the first to survive…I knew it was Allison and was pissed. She would’ve been the best one to give Adam a run for his money…Danny is boring and Kris just doesn’t have the flare. My guess is is that Allison being a girl was the problem…to many teeny bopper girls voting for Kris because he’s a cute boy…such a shame. Adam will win…I personally don’t care for his style of voice but it’s not beneath me to recognize he is a talented performer. This will be the most anti-climatic finish for Idol ever.

21. ians1mom

May 7, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I hope it does come down to an Adam/Danny final. I don’t care who wins because either way, Adam will end up putting out a CD. Adam is my favorite and has been through the entire season. And I am one who actually loved his performance country week. It was different, yes, and not mainstream enough to be everyone’s cup of tea, but I thought it was fantastic. I like the original version of the song but was glad to see Adam do something original with it and I loved the sound.

22. Joe

May 7, 2009 at 11:12 PM

SummersEve :

No, because Axl Rose had a SUPERIOR voice to that of Adam. Listen to Adam without watching the TV and you’ll know what I mean. And Axl Rose was all man, whereas next week when Adam is on stage with tight pants, check out his package…you’ll know what I mean.

23. Joe

May 7, 2009 at 11:15 PM

ninali :
    This will be the most anti-climatic finish for Idol ever.

Not if Paula and Kara keep wetting their pants when Adam and Danny go on stage. LOL

24. VibeCat

May 7, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Jennifer S – Funny, but your last post brings a couple of things to my mind. First, taste in music is really a subjective thing. What one person likes may not be something that appeals to another person and so forth. I like that people are allowed to differ in opinion, its what makes life interesting. Personally, I don’t like any “music” that consists of what I feel is “screaming” – it just doesn’t appeal to me. When I listen to music, I like to understand the words. But that doesn’t make me an “easy listening” person either – if you look at my iPod, I have songs from almost every genre; it would be hard to determine what type of music fan I am because I love music, period.

Second, yes it is a singing competition and it is on TV to entertain. But being a competition, doesn’t that by its very nature invite criticism or a better word, critique? Are people supposed to watch the show and not even discuss it? I think that what people are doing, discussing – maybe even arguing – over their favorites is exactly what is supposed to be going on. You even seem to want to do it by ending your post with your “Go Adam.” Unless you think that they are only supposed to discuss your personal favorite at the time, that your opinion is the only one that matters? Which would be really sad.

25. JENNIFER S.

May 8, 2009 at 9:30 AM

VibeCat ~ no way do I think my opinion matters above anyone elses. It’s the way people state their opinions that bothers me sometimes. You can argue your point, you can discuss your point, you can even say you really dislike certain performers but I really think that degrading a performer simply because he’s not your cup of tea is disrespectful. Adam ?? – a freakshow ??? – yeah, that really bothers me. If you don’t like his “screaming” singing thats one thing but personal attacks??? no I dont like it. I didnt like certain kids on the show this year but I didnt like their singing….not their personalites. I don’t even know them. I like Danny Gokey too – I think he’s great and he’s at the other end of the spectrum from Adam Lambert AND one more thing…..why the hell is JOE (the poster) checking out Adam lamberts package anyway!! L0L

26. lorac7

May 8, 2009 at 7:36 PM

When Adam screams at least he screams in tune, unlike Mr.Gokey who shattered many eardrums on Rock Night. Most men are threatened by someone like Adam because you guys know your women are drooling over him. I too am curous as to why Kris has gotten this far, his voice is nice but nothing special, & as to why Jaime Foxx stated he would like to do a song with him, well Jaime can’t sing either, have you ever heard him sing live?

As far as the ratings go, American Idol is still 1 & 2 every week, this show is monster. Don’t know who is going to win but you can bet Adam will sell the most cds & end up on Broadway too. Good luck to the 3 finalist & may they all have great careers.

27. VibeCat

May 9, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Adam has already BEEN on Broaday, which makes me ask (again – I know I have asked it before elsewhere) why he needed to be on Idol since he already had his career push… I would prefer Idol to be the way it was in the beginning, kids who haven’t had prior failed record contracts (Carly and others from last season), kids who haven’t already been on Broadway (Joanna who was D/Q’d this season), kids who haven’t already been on/won Star Search or Nashville Star (Archuleta, others) etc. I guess the huge number of this stuff from last year and this year has begun to sour me on this show.

lorac – it did seem that Danny knew the other night it wasn’t exactly his genre and at least he admitted that when he watched it back he knew he was bad. And, opinion here, whether screaming in tune or out of tune, I still prefer no screaming lol. Also, Adam is a threat to no man, and women don’t have to waste time drooling. As far as Kris, I really have to say in Kris’ defense the thing about him that I have noted is that maybe his voice isn’t “special” but he has (to me, anyways – again purely my opinon) done arrangements or changes to the songs that I think have shown that he has grown a huge amount since the beginning. At the start I thought he was a goner from the get-go, and many weeks he surprised me and I found myself liking what he did with the week’s songs. Each week there were people who were he deserved to stay over. Again, just a reminder that its all my opinion — can you tell I don’t want to argue with anyone?? LOL

Jennifer, my bad then, I guess it was the way you worded your post in your response to others that frustrated me just a little bit. It sounded like you were almost attacking instead of discussing – I guess that is what comes from being on the ‘net instead of in a RL conversation. I understand where you were coming from. My sincere apologies!! :o)

28. lorac7

May 9, 2009 at 4:33 AM

From everything I have read about Adam he was an understudy in Wicked in Los Angeles, did not read anything about being on Broadway. Also Adam does need American Idol to push start his career, How many people knew who he was before American Idol ? Season 1 winner Kelly Clarkson had previously been in Los Angeles making the rounds, people in the business saw her but nothing came of it. This show is a showcase for people trying to be stars, to get noticed. There are thousands of talented people out there that can sing but you have to be seen.

Also the comment about being jealous about Adam was a joke for poster Joe since he seems to be occupied with ” the package “.

I agree Kris’s arrangement are very good, but I believe they have help with them, Adam always thanks the people that help with the arrangements.

I liked Danny from the beginning, he has a nice quality to his voice, he just doesn’t need to try to sing notes he can’t reach, he’s a good singer just singing his own style.

It will be fun seeing the final 3 perform & may the best man win.