The Bachelor 13 - Jason

Jason Mesnick Is a Big Fan of Reality Steve

So not only does Chris Harrison seem to have a hard on for me, constantly referring to things I write in his blog, but now Jason Mesnick has jumped aboard that train. Jason was in studio on a Seattle radio station this morning promoting some Fathers Day event this weekend, and took the time to call me out during the interview. Very kind words he uses too. I believe he calls me a “miserable person”, a “storyteller”, and “full of BS”, among other things. Sweet. Glad I’ve made such an impression on him. Of course, he doesn’t mention me by name, but its rather obvious who he’s speaking about. I have the audio clip and will post it later tonight or tomorrow, along with my thoughts on the whole thing.

The funny thing is, I really haven’t mentioned Jason Mesnicks name since March 9th, that was the last post I made filed under “The Bachelor 13 – Jason” according to my archives. Have I referenced what happened during his season while writing about Jillian this year? Of course. But actually calling the guy out for anything he’s said or done? Not in three months. I’m just shocked at the fascincation he has with me. I mean, he’s JASON MESNICK, former Bachelor. Why is some nobody like myself still on his mind? I don’t get it. It’s done, it’s over with. Move on. You’re happy with Molly and you’re claiming you guys will get married. Great. Calling me out just seems idiotic. If I’m so insignificant, why even bring attention to me?

I’ve always said since Day 1 that when anyone asks me about his season, I will tell them that I will believe til the day I die, that it was something he was told to do by producers and that he had contact with Molly in the 3 months from the time filming ended til the time the ATFR was taped. Jason claims it was all real and these were all his choices. Well I don’t expect him to say anything different. Do we expect the guy to honestly admit to that? Unless he wants his pants sued off, then no. I presented my case and gave the readers the option to believe, or not believe me. It’s their decision. Some did, some didn’t. Whatever. The difference between Jason and I is he’s still trying to convince the ones that believe me, to not believe me. I don’t care about the people that don’t believe me. That’s their prerogative. We can go back in forth until the end of time on this. Jason can never admit to any behind the scenes stuff, and I can never prove my allegations without outing my sources, which will never happen. So it is what it is at this point. My word against his.

I had no intention of ever bringing this up again, but if the guy wants to call me out, I’m gonna respond. The audio clip and my thoughts coming later tonight or tomorrow.

1. mja

June 19, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Great — now, let’s all move on. I do understand why you’d feel you had to say something, Steve. But you summed it up yourself quite well. Some will believe you and some will not. Nobody’s mind will be changed at this point.

I came here hoping to see a Reality Roundup… isn’t it usually Friday? I am not watching the things that are currently being covered, but do enjoy reading the roundup nonetheless.

2. jljohnson

June 19, 2009 at 4:43 PM

BAHAHAHA! We all know what a quality person Jason Mesnick is so I’m guessing you aren’t too broken up about it! He’s just mad because nobody cares about him or Molly anymore and trying to get attention.

3. mja

June 19, 2009 at 4:45 PM

I should have also included in my comment that Jason Mesnick’s credibility is Zero after what he did, even among lots of people that never heard of Reality Steve and didn’t know what was written here. So don’t even be concerned about the guy.

4. Bliss_Leia

June 19, 2009 at 4:58 PM

So, ok! I was seeing yesterday >what a coincidence!< Jason’s web page and let me tell you I just wanna punch him in the face every time I saw a picture of him and her girlfriend… what was her name again??? Let me tell you all, I didn’t expect people supporting their relationship.. didnt expect it at all. How? Well anyways, Steve respond all you want, we support you!

5. Bliss_Leia

June 19, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Oh and I love the Blog Tittle haha!

6. BlondieGal

June 19, 2009 at 5:09 PM

He cannot handle the truth, Steve. Apparently his name is not out in the press enough for his liking. Forgetaboutit ~ he is beyond yesterday’s news.

7. uh uh

June 19, 2009 at 5:56 PM

the only people who bother coming to this site and posting crap about Jason are Texans and fat, ugly women who have been dumped or have no friends or life.

Melissa was not publicy dumped. If you think so, you’re all naive. Too bad you can’t stand it that you all have no life so you have to take it out on Jason and Molly.

Newsflash: I don’t think they give a crap about any of you. You’re all a bunch of low-lifes. Would love to see a picture of you you all. Oh, and by the way, bet you’ll all be just seeing red when they’re married bwahahahahahahahaha. So long losers.

8. sachicalatina

June 19, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Obviously it is Jason that is miserable and a storyteller. Point a finger and you’ve got three pointing back. Nobody cares about Jason and Molly.

9. MJM

June 19, 2009 at 7:20 PM

WOW RS, he even credits you for causing his problems with Melissa. You are da man!

10. misskm

June 19, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Hey Steve – you know I used to really enjoy reading your blog. I quite liked your view on the Bachelor(ette) – it was funny and witty. But since mid last season, I’ve started to feel like your entries have become more bitter and less about the fun. I think the whole Jason thing made you feel like you had to justify your credibility and then everything got out of control. I didn’t read the spoiler in your latest column because I want to make up my own mind about what happens, as it happens. I’m not a hopeless romantic and I don’t think this show is realistic in any way, but it’s just like watching a fictional TV show. Sometimes you don’t want to know the truth. Anyway, I didn’t really mean to have a go at you – I just hope you decide to ignore the hype surrounding the show and revert back to focusing on each episode as it occurs. I don’t want to know that you know all the secrets. But then again, perhaps other people do. (P.S. I hope you find this constructive and and not an attack because you are a good blogger :) )

11. Momof2Ls

June 19, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Honestly, RS, Jason Mesnick is just as insecure as he was the first time you ever mentioned him and that is obviously why he is so concerned with what you have to say. Why would he waste his time and energy if there was no truth to what you have to say? He knows it. Since the show, he has never conducted himself in a confident manner and I wonder why? He screwed up majorly, after choosing to do what he did. He will never marry Molly.

Take Trista and Ryan Sutter, for example. They were madly in love. They knew that. They got married and have a happy little family. Any couple that is in love and wanting to get married, be together, etc. would do the same thing. They are obviously hiding something or aren’t as in love as they wanted to be.

He is just mad that you are right. You should be flattered. :)

12. susie

June 19, 2009 at 8:19 PM

I just hope he looks at Melissa’s DWTS success and her new GMA gig and gets a sick feeling that he will never have someone like that! Happy for Melissa and Jason can keep on trying to draw out his 15 seconds of fame because that is all he had.

13. Momof2Ls

June 19, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I agree Susie! She turned an AWFUL situation into a great one and doors just open up for people like her! She SO deserves ALL of it! :)

14. drwinner

June 19, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Jason must be SO lucky, happy, chappy-in-love for him to spit such venom and vigor out at Reality Steve.

Yeah. And I’m Oprah.

And I don’t really know what chappy-in-love means. Work with me here.

15. uh uh

June 19, 2009 at 10:19 PM

@Momof2Ls

For the life of me, I sometimes wonder about the intelligence of the American public. Get married after six months of knowing each other? Hello? Was Melissa seriously in love with a guy she knew for six weeks??????????????????????????? You people are sooooooooo naive.

16. italiancarol

June 20, 2009 at 8:10 AM

I wonder if the contract they sign includes a minimum time for the couples to stay together?

17. SusieQ

June 20, 2009 at 10:21 AM

So why don’t you respond when your posters call you out? I think Jason has gotten you all riled up and has ruffled your feathers hence your need to post this rather than your reality roundup.

18. gina bina

June 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Let’s never talk about Jason Mesnick again. He’s a waste of time.

19. Deegirl

June 20, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Jason who? Oh yeah, the short, average-looking, unemployed, lives with his brother in a three bedroom 1200 square foot house and shares custody with his ex-wife who dumped him guy. Well at least he’s not bitter.

20. gingercat

June 21, 2009 at 2:26 AM

21. gingercat

June 21, 2009 at 2:27 AM

To the Jason fanboys- seriously, I’m happy for you, I’m glad that Jason’s relationship with Molly brings you such joy and happiness in your life, and I’m glad you think those who don’t agree with you are fat/ugly/Texans/trolls/ogres/she-males/Charles Manson. Really, good for you. But I think you’re better off on pro-Jason sites. If you’re here to argue, I don’t think anyone will put up an argument mostly because WE DONT CARE! I could care less about Jason OR who he dates/marries/has kids with/dumps. You made your point, Jason is great/did the right thing/is a Godly man. We get your point, you love him…We’re saying we dont care. AT ALL.

22. tippytoe

June 22, 2009 at 3:18 AM

I was so happy last week, after another marginal episode of Jillian as The Bachelorette, to read Chris Harrison’s blog–where he called you out. Wait. It only gave you more credibility because truly, you earned all that last season and it shows that he can no longer write his Harlequin Romance blogs. He is on the defensive and I find that funny (as a guy whose main job description is to show up and clink a champagne flute with a knife!) You threaten his little kingdom and that’s “amazing.”

I didn’t catch Jason’s interview, nor would I care what he has to say. The entire show lost face last season because, luckily for us, you held them accountable. Fleiss, Harrison, et al, count on the intimidation of their contracts…..but even Trista and Ryan spoke out about Jason’s misbehavior (well after you’d given us the scoop), but they both basically called him a scumbag….and that was kind.

I never was a Melissa fan and I couldn’t stand her on DWTS, but Jason’s “twist” of getting Molly back was low class. If he has something to say negative towards you….consider the source. Jay is a loser.

23. xanadu.red

June 22, 2009 at 8:51 AM

I look forward to the day when Jason’s son is able to see for himself what a shitty father he has. I don’t doubt Jason loves his son but the kid was being used just as Jason was used by ABC to create an interesting story-line. Even that tall amazonian chic with the little girl…oh yeah, let’s pull at the audiences heart strings, her husband died boo hoo. You are all being used and you should be ASHAMED of yourselves for allowing your kids to be pawns in your sick need for attention. Jason, you are a big wuss…you wanna grow some balls? Tell the truth for once, then maybe your son will grow up and have respect for you.

24. terilam

June 22, 2009 at 10:01 AM

@uh uh
    First…for being so mouthy about all of this with all the dislike..you sure seem to be hanging around a lot….Next if you are going to be mouthy make sure and have you facts straight…check exactly when Trista and Ryan got married compared to when they were on the show. Won’t be so cocky next time!!!

25. NiceJobRS

June 22, 2009 at 10:26 AM

uh uh :@Momof2Ls Um, momof2, do you know that Trista and Ryan did not marry for a few years after the show? Oh, you didn’t? Yea, that’s right. They didn’t get married right away. They waited to see if it was real, just like Jason and Molly. Guess everyone forgets that. If your daughter came to you and said that after seeing a guy for six months they were getting married, what would you say????????

Uh Uh is a complete idiot, or just truly blind and or lazy!! It took me 12.92 miliseconds to find out that Trista’s season aired January or 2003 and her wedding was aired December 6, 2003!! The same year. So where are all the “years” in between? Some people are such idiots!! How do dumb people survive in this world? Uh Uh just made up facts and then screamed at someone on a blog for being so “naive”!!! I’s sorry to break this to you Uh Uh, but you are beyond naive! Beyond help really! Go back to the comics and jenga you were playing with before because it really frustrates the rest of the public when idiots like you go on blogs and post!

26. pixargeek

June 22, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Uh uh just has anger issues. I personally think uh uh is related to Jason or Molly. No one in their right mind is THAT obsessed with a TV show.

27. socitypat

June 25, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Poor wittle Jason, everybody is soooo tired of him.

I myself hate him, and he hasn’t learned how to ignore the naysayers. He seems to have real anger issues. I wouldn’t be surprised if “Uh uh” is him, unable to resist getting back into the fray.