Interviews

Interview #2 with Wes Hayden – Why Wasn’t He at the “Men Tell All”?

Whether or not you like the guy, ABC has made it perfectly clear who the most talked about person this season is about, and its certainly not Jillian. I figured since Wes didn’t get a chance to defend himself on Monday’s “MTA” episode, he could do it right here. If you’d like to hear what he has to say, I suggest you listen to the interview. If you’re sick of him, then don’t listen. I think it’s a pretty telling interview that really covers a lot of what you people have been wanting to know. When Monday’s episode dedicates four different segments of their show to a guy who’s not there, then it’s obvious they had an agenda. Wes wanted to be there, he just wasn’t allowed to. This 35 minute interview is a look at a few things which weren’t discussed the first time around, plus some new information regarding a letter Wes wrote to Jillian that was never shown on TV and some damaging evidence to what Tanner P. has been saying all show. Other topics:

-What has been the reaction from club promoters and bar owners who have scheduled Wes’ band to perform?
-Which guys from the show does Wes keep in touch with?
-What is his reaction to Chris Harrison’s blog from Monday saying Wes only wanted to come on the show after “making sure all the other guys would back him up”?
-If Tanner P. and Wes are boys, why does Tanner keep throwing him under the bus – on the show and at the MTA taping?
-If Jake and Tanner both claim Wes told them about a girlfriend back home, why hasn’t ABC produced one shred of video or audio evidence to these conversations if cameras are rolling all day long and there are microphones everywhere?
-What did the letter he wrote to Jillian in Spain say? Why’d he write it?
-Plus, email questions from you the readers

I felt it was pretty bush league of ABC to not allow the guy on the show Monday only to then turn around and mock the guy for two hours. This is his forum to speak on that issue, plus tell everyone that despite the negativity, he will get through this. I know there are some of you that just want this all to go away, and that’s fine. I feel as an avid critic of this show to make sure all sides are told. Anyone else that wants to speak to me, I’d be more than glad to put them on. But considering outside of Jason Mesnick, this is the most talked about bachelor in recent memory, I felt it was appropriate for him to be able to defend himself. If that makes me a kiss ass, then so be it. Direct your shots at me. I’m a big boy. I can handle it. Hope you enjoy the interview. Click on the link below to listen:

Wes Hayden Interview #2 (35 min)

“Reality Roundup” returns tomorrow with a look at the Jon & Kate situation, “Americas Got Talent”, Paula Adbul’s contract negotiations, my final thoughts on what to expect in the “Bachelorette” finale, plus more. As always, any questions, comments, emails, praises, criticisms, email me at steve@realitysteve.com. See you tomorrow.

1. DeeCee

July 25, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Agony….. it seems that, per a reputable FORT poster, Ed is indeed F1. Engaged and all.

OK, RS, we need dirt. Does Jilly know abt the GF’s. Does she care?
    What about the pig that was supposed to be roasted??

If your paths should ever cross with Reid or Kip – in RL or cyberspace – please thank them for being such a pleasure to watch every week…. truly classy guys…. Jilly’s loss…..

2. DeeCee

July 25, 2009 at 2:15 AM

:-( Per a reputable FORTer, Ed is indeed F1, affianced.

Poor silly Jilly….

We need dirt, RS…. did she know abt the GF’s???

If you should ever cross paths – in RL or in cyberspace – with Reid & Kip, please thank them for us for being such a delight to watch. I wish the best to these great guys. But tell them to stay away from TB….

3. DeeCee

July 25, 2009 at 2:21 AM

:-( Per a reputable FORTer, Ed is an engaged F1.

Oh silly Jilly. Guess they never told you about Ed’s sterling character??? Maybe you were looking for a drinking buddy?? You should have listened to Mel…..

RS, if you cross paths, in RL or cyberspace, with Reid and Kip, please thank them for us for allowing us to get to know them each Monday evening. I wish them the best….

4. terry-pat

July 25, 2009 at 2:50 AM

Man you can’t make this stuff up,it must be real life.On one hand you have Wes trying to defend himself,and the next minute you go to you tube and Wes is doing the same thing that ABC did to him,he must of been talking alot,because it looks like an edit to me,and is that legal,in that state to record someone,Tanner,I could not hear a thing,it was cheesy,don’t know maybe if one party agrees?As for country songs,while I was on you tube,well if you are ever pissed off at an air line…Watch, United breaks guitars.And in ending good luck to all,well at least the ones who made it out alive.Cheers.

5. DeeCee

July 25, 2009 at 3:37 AM

(Oh my – excuse the triple post – I thought it hadn’t gone through….)

6. lora

July 25, 2009 at 3:42 AM

Hours and hours and hours of talking and jokes occured over the course of several weeks.

How do you edit “I have Jillian wrapped around my little finger?” And the famous line, “I am going to go home and have lots of sex.”

You take a punch line/question/statement from early on and add it in out of context later.

Go Steve, looking forward to your extra appearance on Monday.

7. san312

July 25, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Wes is just one of a sea of country singers trying to make it unfortunately for him he choose a very dishonest way to get ahead of the rest. Country music is about trust, honesty and soulful sentiments none of which Wes pocesses. Maybe he should try a different venue where being “shady” is more acceptable.

8. pinkstockdiva

July 25, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I listened to the interview, and not much was gleamed from it. I agree with ABC’s decision to not let him appear on the MTA. I would like to hear what Tanner has to say. He had a pretty bad “edit” too. I mean I wonder if it is hard for him to find dates since that freakish foot fetish was revealed. Isn’t he right in Texas too Steve? Can you not spend a little time with Tanner?

Great pic of Wes. He looks so lost and confused.

9. cynstriss

July 25, 2009 at 7:16 PM

It cracks me up how so much time and effort has been spent accusing Wes of having a girlfriend, when it is Ed who left a couple of them on hold to come on this show. Why no mention? One ABC determined Ed was the front runner, they put maximum effort into keeping that from getting out. Now who’s the scum? Wes, whom ABC has yet to give any audio or video proof of what he supposedly said, or Ed, who’s own friends have twittered about his weaselly ways? Poor Wes, he’s the good guy here.

10. babyfat101

July 25, 2009 at 8:29 PM

i too prefer to read the comments section over the blog itself.

anyone have a link to a photo of the infamous laurel?

11. meeshmeesh

July 25, 2009 at 8:42 PM

This is a pic of Laurel plus her reaction to hearing Jake say her name on tv.

12. beachbum

July 26, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Reasons I think Wes went on the show –
    1. His manager said it would be good exposure for him.
    2. His mother and sister would love for him to meet a nice girl and settle down.
    3. He figured ‘Why not? It will be fun hanging around with the guys and maybe the girl will be someone I want to see more of.’

Do I think these were the wrong reasons?
    Probably, but how many of us have gone to to a bar, party, or social event and made a quick glance around to see if there was anyone we were super attracted to and if not just enjoyed the event anyway?

Do I think Wes had a girlfriend?
    No. I think he had an ex-girlfriend whom he still ‘sees’ (for lunch)once in a while. I can also imagine how a group of guys, especially with a little alcohol, would interpret ‘sees for lunch’.

Do I think he made some inappropriate comments?
    Yes, but I see Wes as a laid-back country singer used to saying whatever pops into his head. He is used to performing and talking to his audience. When I think back to country concerts I’ve been to I know inappropriate comments have been made but the audience just laughs and realizes it’s part of the entertainment. I think Wes was being himself and never expected his comments and sarcasm to be used against him.

Final thoughts on Wes –
    He admitted to jillian that he’d love to hang out with her but wasn’t going to marry her. He was honest. I think the producers went way too far in destroying his character. Even the x-girlfriend has stood up for him. Sadly most people will believe whatever they see on the show.

13. beachbum

July 26, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Couldn’t write about Wes without writing about Ed. Obviously we don’t know for sure about his two supposed girlfriends who didn’t know about each other and if he really did lie to one about being away on business when he was actually back on the show. We also don’t know for a fact that he lied to Jillian about having to leave for business.

I do know, though, that he certainly did not seem that upset when he left. I also don’t think he looked that happy to be back (although Jillian certainly was). It bothers me that he often doesn’t look Jillian in the eye when he says the things she wants to hear. And did Jillian (or us viewers) actually believe that HE flew his parents to Hawaii to meet her?

If the rumors about him are true then he certainly is the kind of guy who could easily say things to a girl he didn’t mean. He would also be someone the producers could easily manipulate (much like someone we all know from last season). I hope she doesn’t pick him, but I’m afraid she might. If she’s as good a judge of character as she says she is, she’ll hopefully find out the truth about him (whatever it is).

Perhaps the show needed a hero and a villian. Wes got the short end of the stick and Ed lucked out. I hope Jillian finds what she wants.

14. Tracy66

July 26, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Good interview. Personally, I liked Wes from the beginning and I thought there was more to it; considering the show’s upstanding track record.
    Wes should be thanking his lucky stars he didn’t make it to the end. He can recover from being booted off when he was. It would have been harder if he made it to the end, he & Jillian eventually broke up and his face was all over People Magazine being called a “user”.
    I like his music and hope his career flourishes.
    Good luck Wes!

15. Vivi

July 27, 2009 at 1:07 AM

INTERVIEW #2 WITH WES HAYDEN – WHY WASN’T HE AT THE “MEN TELL ALL”?”

Who cares!

I thought Wes did a much better during his 1st radio interview.

Personally, RS … I think you did Wes no favor with you style of interview, memorializing all the negative moments and not once talking up the positive, and there were positive moments during his time on The Bachelorette.

Moreover, talk about disingenuous. Whose idea was it for Wes to deny going on the show to sell CDs … of course he did! And why bother to insinuate he never spoke negatively about the other men, when he did on film and, again, during the very same 1st RS interview?

Wes should have shell out a grand and talk to a media consultant specializing in damage control to map out a winning strategy instead of listing to a bunch of yahoos about how fix what he, himself, broke.

Moreover, Wes should have been screaming, “How dare ABC slice and dice footage to insinuate Jillian wasn’t exciting and desirable enough for me, or any man on the show. Yes, I went on the show to promote my music, but I was also curious, and eventually surprised how taken I became with Jillian. She is one amazing woman!”

That is the story that sells, as opposed to boohooing about losing five gigs to the tune of $30 grand … that implied it is all about money and has always been about money.

Even so, Wes did sink his own ship with his big mouth. Although I never thought he had a girlfriend, I don’t believe for a minute he sliced and diced that much; liquored up, yes, but no one force feed him, did they?

Complete waste of bandwidth, RS. Complete waste of opportunity, Wes. Complete waste of MY time.

16. dancingqueen

July 27, 2009 at 7:38 PM

for the record, i believe what wes is saying and feel bad for him. but you are seriously so gay for him it’s ridiculous.

17. shanamc

July 29, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I was actually buying Wes’ sob story until I went to his web site. If any of you really think he’s not benefiting from his stint on the Bachelorette, check it out. Right there on his home page appears the heading “The Bachelorette” in big capital letters, and right below that he invites folks to “download the song Wes sang to Jillian on TV”. You can’t have it both ways buckaroo.