The Bachelor 14 - Jake

The Bachelor Recap – 2/22/10 “The Women All Lie”

For those that are friends of mine on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter, you saw that yesterday I made mention of some huge news regarding the “After the Final Rose” show coming this week. Yes, I said “this week”, not today. There’s a reason for that. Because I gave an exclusive interview to “In Touch” magazine regarding what happened at the “ATFR” taping this past Sunday, and I’m not allowed to post it on the site until 12:01am EST later on tonight. So you’re gonna have to wait a few hours. But, for the latest on what the final conclusion is to the “ATFR” show (which will be shown immediately after the 2 hr. finale next Monday night), come back here to the site tonight at 12:01am EST, or pick up this weeks copy of “In Touch” magazine.

This column is usually a little bit different than the others since it’s not as much a detailed account of what happened on the episode last night, but more of jumping around to all my different thoughts. The “Women Tell All” is usually a lot of fluff, repeating scenes and conversations we’ve already seen and stuff I’ve already commented on in previous columns. The Rozlyn stuff was just downright ridiculous. More on that later. I gotta say, I never thought the Jason/Molly/Melissa scandal would ever be topped in the tabloids when it comes to this show, but man, this season might have overtaken it. Jake, and Vienna’s past, and Ali’s work situation – it’s been gossip magazine fodder for a solid month straight. And there really is no scandal to report this season, yet, they cannot stop writing about each of these girls and their pasts.

With that said, I don’t blame the tabloid magazines one bit. That’s what they do. It’s how they stay in business. Does it make it right? Probably not. But this is 2010. It’s just the way the media is nowadays, and you have to live with it. We’re living in a “need to know now” world. Everyone wants an instant reaction to everything that’s happening every minute. If you go on a reality show, people are going to dig into your past. And you know what? They might even make stuff up. If you don’t want that out there, then don’t sign up for the show. Period. End of story. What happened to Rozlyn was unfortunate, but, if she doesn’t go on the show, it doesn’t happen. Same for Vienna. And Gia. And Ali. The list goes on. All I’m here to do is to let you know when I feel the show has crossed the line. The media? You’ll never hear me say much about what the tabloids say because it’s what they do. TMZ is in business because there’s a market for it. Sometimes gossip mags are right and break a story (Tiger’s voicemail to his mistress, LeAnn Rimes cheating on her husband, “In Touch” tomorrow…ha ha), and sometimes they’re wrong (the 100 times I’ve read Brad and Angelina are broken up). You take the good with the bad. However, for ABC to claim “we’re just a reality show and we let the cameras roll and what you see is real” is a completely different story. The emotions are “kinda” real. Very much exaggerated and heightened due to the situation they’re in, but, everything else is pretty much mapped out. So if I hear something where what we were shown is not what really happened, then I will report it and you can make your own decision from there.

I’m sure there are plenty of times in the past where I’ve commented on something without knowing the real story behind how it was said or how it was presented on camera. I’m fine with that. I don’t know everything. And there have been plenty of times where I’ve known more to a story than what’s going on, but for privacy reasons, I’ve chosen not to share it in my blog. Trust me on that one. There’s some stuff that’d blow your mind I cannot tell you about. When it comes to “Who is the final one”, or, “Who is in the final four”, or “What happens on this episode”, that’s basic stuff. If I know it, I’ll tell it. But not all behind-the-scenes stuff am I at liberty to share. I just don’t want to break the trust I’ve built with my sources.

I do my best to distinguish what should get out there, and what shouldn’t. Have I screwed up at times? Without a doubt. Probably will happen again at some point too. What you see is what you get with me. If it’s speculation, I’ll tell you it’s speculation. If it’s fact direct from a source, I’ll tell you that as well. If it’s rumor, I’ll tell you it’s a rumor then usually try to show you how that rumor isn’t possible (like the rumor of re-shooting the ending to this season. One of the stupidest things I’ve heard). I enjoy writing this column, I really do. Sometimes it gets taxing getting asked questions I’ve already answered a 1,000 times, or ones that I’ve explained in my column already, but remember, it’s all fun and games in the end. It’s a TV show. I’ve never taken this show or myself seriously, which is why I’ve made fun of it for the last eight years and will continue to do so. All I try to do is clear the air on perception vs. reality whenever I get information from sources.

I thought that Ali and Gia’s post show exit interviews were quite interesting. You can read Ali’s here, and Gia’s here, courtesy of Film.com. I think the most interesting things that Ali said (and we saw her repeat it last night), was the connection Jake had with Vienna. On the show you see Ali flabbergasted he’s keeping Vienna around, even to the point of whining about it. However, Ali was only basing that off her interaction with Vienna. She admits she never saw any connection with them until actually watching the show like the rest of us. For Ali to admit she could actually see Jake and Vienna having a long-lasting relationship, well, I’d say that’s a pretty big deal. Especially coming from Vienna’s biggest critic in the house. At least Ali was woman enough to admit, “You know what? I probably jumped the gun a bit on her. Sure, she speaks her mind without thinking and her and I are different in that aspect, but that had nothing to do with her and Jake.” Plus, the fact that Ali apologized to Vienna last night on TV was also pretty big of her. I thought Ali handled herself really well last night and toned down her bitchiness towards Vienna. Regardless of her being the next “Bachelorette”, she didn’t have to do that. But she did. Now, does she honestly think Jake and Vienna could have a long lasting relationship? Probably not. No one thinks that.

I think Gia saying that she really liked Vienna and would want to keep in touch with her speaks volumes. I mean, we’ll see if that’s really the case, but Gia even admitting to wanting to have anything to do with Vienna once the show is over is impressive. I think both girls realized, in a heightened situation, where your sole focus for 5-6 weeks is on this one man, mixed in with all the alcohol flowing in the house and the fact that it’s a competition, probably led to a lot of disagreements and arguments that probably wouldn’t have happened under normal dating circumstances. I relate this to “Survivor” where you see two tribemates not get along, bitch at each other, say hurtful things, then by the time the reunion show rolls around, they’re fine with each other and always say the same thing, “Hey, we’re just playing a game.” Stephanie even said in her post show interview last week that James has already told her “no hard feelings”, even though he acted like a complete ass last week. Same difference on this show. In the heat of “battle” or “competition”, of course you’re gonna say things you might normally not say, or even really mean. But with cameras and alcohol all around, you ramp up the drama. Ali could’ve stuck with, “Vienna is a total bitch and I do not like her” on last night’s show, but she didn’t. She apologized for her calling her out after the 1-on-1 date, and she even said in the interview she feels bad for the media attacking Vienna and that she’s a good person. Not everyone hates everyone on this show, despite what they want you to believe.

1. ellie842

February 23, 2010 at 6:48 PM

anyone heard of the new rumor that Jake is gay??

thoughts…

2. lemon-lime

February 23, 2010 at 6:59 PM

To all the people who accuse RS of being infatuated with Roz:would you say RS was infatuated with Wes when RS defended him? Could it be that RS just doesn’t like it when someone is being accused of something they haven’t done (through hear\say no less!)? Do you people really believe a man can only defend a woman he lusts after? Think rationally!

3. jessica1

February 23, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Yikes – first, Steve, take the time to watch CH’s interview on Joy Behar’s talkshow. I caught it off CNN.com today and well, let’s just say, he thinks all you guy bloggers have the hots for him.

I have to call you out on something Steve — you write well, you have good inside contacts and you’re hilarious in observation of the absurd. But you are a guy! And you can’t be entirely in a woman’s mind when you make certain statements. You can’t say that Jessie lied because she said in one statement that “she was sick and went inside the house” and then later said “we were by the pool and I went inside the house”.

Woman do that frequently — we use location descriptions to remind each other as to the “where and when” of something happening. It’s shorthand. She was directing her comment to Roz at that point and was telling her the “where and when” of the time when she saw Roz apparently being inappropriate.

Which brings us to inappropriate. Chris Harrison you little slag, spineless, contract-toeing creep! What a stunt, to taunt Roz and then when she asked him DIRECTLY, what have I done, he throws it to the women to fill in the blanks.

He was only completeing the process of what Steve mentioned previously….THE SHOW LET THE WOMEN DO THE DIRTY WORK. And we probably only saw 1/3 of what Chris said or did.

Which by the way — when you ask a woman, especially a woman as Roz has presented herself, “did you have sex”, she’ll say no. A gal like Roz, who by her own words has modeled for years, was first-up to pose with Jake on that group photo date. A model knows how far to lift her leg before her ho-ha is visible. And Roz let it fly!! And I don’t for a second believe she was panty-less. They blurred it because they can’t have those images out there, with WWTDD trying to see if you can make out her privates.

So — we’ve got Roz, who has a pretty free sense of sexual expression. Do you think she defines rubbing a leg as a sexual inpropriety? Or cuddling? Or talking to a producer male as inappropriate? Or spending the night in another room as scandalous? Or better yet, posing on a couch in highly suggestive fashion as HAVING SEX?!! No. And neither do I. Inappropriate and weird, especially given the circumstances. But sex?

Why is no one asking “hey, what all the women, except Jessie, described is FLIRTATION not sex but yet why do they keep hammering at Roz, (no pun intended), to defend herself against having sex?”

I’m sure beyond a doubt that Roz lies about the extent of her actions but I don’t believe the show has portrayed her (or themselves) truthfully either. As for the Producer, any images of cuddling or audio of inpropriety will NEVER show up on youtube — ABC would be sued senseless. The contracts hold strong sway over peoples mouths for a long time – certainly thru the WTA show. That Producer has a better contract protecting him than any of the woman.

Just think, when was the last time you heard the Survivor winner revealed before the finale? Never. Because the mouthy contestant would be sued beyond belief. It’s called Contracts. And you could see it on everyones face last night. It was edited beyond belief. The Bach chose this storyline and they can’t recant it now — it would blow their credibility with that stupid woman in the audience who kept acting like she was actually in Chris’s seat, interviewing the women.

And Ali — Steve, you are too generous. She said what she had to, to clear the way for her to be 1. not abused by the press when it’s “her turn” and 2. to make nicey before the public.

I have to get off this soap box, no idea why I got so hot-headed about this ridiculousness! Gimme a glass of Pinot Noir!! =)

4. JoannO5090

February 23, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I really enjoy reading RS articles but I have to disagree with “Roslyn” being miss innocent. I pegged her the minute I saw her face hit the screen. I said to my husband there is something about that girl that I don’t trust and when they talked about one of the girls entering in an inappropriate relationship, I called it. I knew it was Roslyn. I was all ears and wanted to believe this girl was innocent because I do believe the show does fabricate so much of what goes on BUT I have to say, Roslyn just didn’t convince me. She had no concrete explanations on the specific accusations and she quite frankly, didn’t seem angry enough to me, other than her quick jabs at Chris, that told me she was being wrongly accused. Sorry, I just didn’t buy it. I will say, I don’t believe that Roslyn was on all fours on the couch, that I don’t believe, but I do believe she did have this relationship which she admits to this day is continuing so sorry Roslyn honey, you are GUILTY! I would have more respect for her if she said something like, “yeah, I did have this relationship and (producer man) had more of what I was looking for in a man and we had instant chemistry” and I don’t regret getting involved with (producer man). I agree with Gia’s comments she said last night I agree with her 100%. Just admit you had and still have a relationship with (producer man) and move on girl.

5. fifi

February 23, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Ok- I have never replied or commented before, but watching WTA I felt like I was being set up for next season. Ali was cleasing her “mean girl” appearance over Vienna, the girls were fulfilling their contracts and bashing when told, and Jake said he was happy…… Is their any chance that not only is Ali the next Bachelorette, but that Jake will show up as a potential choice for her? Maybe not from the beginning, but say with 5 or so guys left? Perhaps I was reading to much into the unrequited love story they were playing ie: “most emotional night” , but I just got this feeling that this season is not over.

6. lemon-lime

February 23, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Maybe the big announcement RS has is that Jake comes clean that he’s gay at the FRC!
    It would explain why Jake doesn’t seem comfortable & natural around women.

7. trod

February 23, 2010 at 7:38 PM

You Rock and I would pay to hear that interview between you and Chris!! But, we all know that he or ABC would never consent to that interview. Hey ABC–if you are scared, say your scared!!

I was so put out at the way they played the Roz scandal out and for the women for falling for it. They must have been paid something.

And, Ali… she did a complete 180 only b/c she knew she was the next Victim for ABC. She had to play nice gal in order to win back viewers.

RS-it is your time to spill the beans and let it all out. F-ABC who cares—they don’t.

Chris Harrison should go back to what he knows best….decorating.

8. trod

February 23, 2010 at 7:40 PM

@jessica1
    Why are you hear? Go away… shu fly

9. trod

February 23, 2010 at 7:43 PM

@tcm2010

Because he knows he will be called out on it. I lost respect for him long ago

10. ironicbarbie

February 23, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you Steve for staying true to yourself and to your followers season after season! Although I have enjoyed the humor of your column for many years it’s only in the past few seasons (from Deanna’s through this current one) that I have grown to have a great deal of respect for you as a person. I have had enough inside knowledge of the goings on relating to this show (through friends who have been contestants, and other friends who have known contestants)that I have been in a position to know that you are always doing your level best to tell the truth and keep people informed about what is REALLY going on with this very UNreal show. I can also vouch for the fact that you more often than not know way more than you ever print, and you do so because aside from all the sophomoric snark you love to spew (and your fans love to read) you are a good person who has an actual sense of right and wrong, and you take the time to think about that before you run your mouth. The more columns you write the more clear your integrity becomes, and the more Chris Harrison talks the more I wonder how he sleeps at night; people who can’t see that that’s the case need to take a closer look at both of you. Again, thank you, for using your judgment, for keeping an open mind, and for taking the time to write these long-winded columns that are often laugh out loud funny; there are plenty of people out here reading who appreciate you for all you do. Cheers!

11. soblunt

February 23, 2010 at 7:58 PM

All I have to say is has anyone really looked at the pictures of this producer, Ryan? I mean I really would find it hard to believe that Rozlyn would touch him with a ten foot pole..

12. ashley m

February 23, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I agree with you soblunt. There is no way in hell that girl gave up her stuff to him. He is gross.

13. fairygirl

February 23, 2010 at 8:32 PM

@soblunt

@ashley m

Yup, I was going to say the same thing. I am amused at all the women on here chewing Steve out for his lack of a second X chromosome, when all any woman would have to do is take one look at Ryan and one look at Roz to see that she didn’t “boink” the guy. Seriously ladies…go take a look.

14. fairygirl

February 23, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I was also going to say that that is the real reason you aren’t going to see any pictures of get out and why they aren’t telling us the name of the producer on the show. They know if the masses saw a picture of this guy, women wouldn’t believe them on a mass scale, because very few women are daft enough to believe that a woman as gorgeous as Roz would have sex with a man as unattractive as Ryan. Looks like he was skinnier in his younger years and being less offensive then, was able to secure a very pretty wife. But in his current state, I think not.

15. Phei

February 23, 2010 at 8:44 PM

fairygirl :@soblunt
    @ashley m

Looks arent important when you can get something out of the guy, he is an ABC producer with possible connections, hell Ive seen way worst than Ryan get tons of ladies simply because they own a video store lol.. just saying.

16. fairygirl

February 23, 2010 at 8:58 PM

@Phei
    Yes, but why would it continue…he isn’t a producer at ABC anymore. If they have the ability to blackball him, as so many industries like hollywood have, he won’t be a producer anywhere, anytime soon. From what I’ve read of the matter (not that it has really been of great journalistic quality) he doesn’t have any money, and through this whole “scandal” has probably lost most of his connections. Why in the heck would she continue a relationship with him. I just don’t buy it.

17. jillh426

February 23, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Hey Steve,

Chris Harrison was on Joy Behar’s show on HLN tonight. I just caught on to this show and it’s pretty funny/sarcastic. She mentioned your blog/website and all the leaks, and Chris responded that he has suspicions of what ABC employee might be leaking info to you. And he even admitted that the leaks have been great for ratings! You should really ask for some sort of residual from ABC.

Not sure what to believe about the Rozlyn stuff really. I think they are all lying to a certain extent and noone is completely right or wrong. I sometimes can’t believe I watch this show! This has got to be the most stupid reality show on TV right now.

18. deee

February 23, 2010 at 9:35 PM

In Touch Weekly, really? That makes you oh, so credible. Yawn.

19. meeshmeesh

February 23, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Steve, Help me out… Jake said last night to Ali, “I know about what kind of job you have. I have the same type of job…” What was he talking about? How is his job as a limo driver, I mean pilot, the same type of job as an advertising account manager?

20. SherryfromD

February 23, 2010 at 10:12 PM

@Phei – what did fly_girl’s posts on FORT say about Jake?

Ali is way too condescending/holier than thou. It’s annoying.

21. Flash1007

February 24, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Everyone who has agreed to be on this show in the last few years knows the drill…there will be cameras and open mics, contestants with various agendas, alliances made and confidences broken, meltdowns, thrilling dates, boring down-time. Don’t forget that the contestants are all screened and they know this is an entertainment show. As in “real” life, nothing is as it seems…that is why we watch it. The exposure, good or bad, is why most of the contestants agree to participate. They all know when they go into this that there are risks and I don’t think any wide-eyed innocents make the cut. None of them are dragged kicking and screaming into this experience. It is all voluntary.

That being said, I know many of them end up surprised and hurt. I bet most of them say, “It wasn’t what I expected.” But you can’t predict the dynamics when 25 random strangers get together and that makes for good TV. Frankly, I don’t think the producers have to manipulate this stuff…it just happens. Rozlyn self-destructed….pure and simple. Had she been on another reality show…well, she still probably would have been kicked off but the producer would have kept his job. How can you blame the production staff, including Chris Harrison, from taking advantage of a contestant’s bone-head move? In the corporate world, taking advantage of this “scandal” would be applauded.

There is no reality…it is all perception.

22. Wes Supporter

February 24, 2010 at 3:33 AM

meeehmeesh – i caught that remark too. That was one of those things which made me go “hmmmm…”

I guess the job title would be “actor for the Bachelor franchise.”

By the way, did anyone notice CH laughing when the women were attacking Roz?

23. RainyNiteNTx

February 24, 2010 at 4:52 AM

I actually was on the fence about the whole Rozlyn thing until I saw her on WTA. She came across as tacky and classless IMO. On the other hand I thought Chris Harrison showed great restraint with her cheap comments. You can tell when someone hits you with a truth you don’t want to deal with because most times people will start scrambling, and she did.

24. JustJenna

February 24, 2010 at 6:29 AM

@bigpoppaevil

Yes well, not everybody is an opportunistic asshat.

25. Twinkie

February 24, 2010 at 7:30 AM

I just have to get my two cents in here…I watched WTA on Monday night and Roz is not believable. She is a very attractive woman & flirtatious by all accounts…why is it so hard to believe that she would have an “inappropriate relationship” with a producer? I don’t care what the guy looks like…SHE admitted that he has been to visit her since this happened. If she was just flirting with him/using him to get what she needed at the time (use of his personal cellphone or whatever other bending of the rules during filming) I can’t see them getting together in her hometown in the aftermath. I can see him wanting to get together with her and her being like, “no thanks, dude. Don’t u get I was just using you? Take a hike.” But, per her admission they have seen each other since this all went down. As for the women who told stories of what they saw & heard…they WERE BELIEVABLE. As far as their post interviews not mentioning all the incriminating Roz statements…makes perfect sense to me. They were specifically told NOT TO DISCUSS the Roz incident because the producers WANTED TO SAVE that scintillating material for the WTA episode. ???? Reality Steve, I really do like your column & find it very entertaining…but, you are failing to “see the forest through the trees” here. When contestants do these post-show interviews before the episodes have all aired there ARE RULES about what they can say/not say…so, we’re supposed to believe that because those women didn’t mention anything about Roz during those interviews it was because they saw/heard nothing & just made it all up for the WTA episode per the producers requests. No way. One last point…IF this producer had been a recent hire, I would definitely be suspicious of a potential set-up here. By all accounts, this is not the case. The guy had worked on the show for a long time. If all this stuff was “made up” by the producers for ratings he would most definitely have legal recourse – and would seek it. He probably walked away with some sort of severance package contingent on keeping quiet. There was most definitely “inappropriate contact” between this producer & a contestant – doesn’t mean sexual – and it caused him to be fired & her to get booted off the show. Period.

26. RaRa

February 24, 2010 at 7:52 AM

I think Ali had no choice but to soften her attitude toward Vienna, in a very public way. I’m sure she is perfectly aware of the shift from positive to negative public opinion after she behaved the way she did in that episode when Vienna tried to apologize and make peace with her. I’m sure the producers have advised her that it is in her best interest (and theirs) if she wants to have a successful season as The Bachelorette, to take a proactive approach in putting the “Queen of B!tch Mountain” persona to rest. So I think Ali’s recent “high road” is likely scripted, or at least strategically planned.

27. babyfat101

February 24, 2010 at 8:21 AM

@soblunt

@ashley m

@fairygirl

I suspect that to a woman who wants “something”, and is used to using her looks to get it, that what the man looks like doesn’t matter to her. To her, it’s just manipulation.

****

Who does RS have a Jones for more…Roz or Tenley?

28. analyzer74

February 24, 2010 at 8:30 AM

I think that reality steve is so blinded by his dislike of The Bachelor that he will always defend anyone or anything that “discredits” the show. I am not saying I like/dislike The Bachelor and I’m not saying I like/dislike Rozlyn. I am simply saying Steve has got a serious chip on his shoulder where this show is concerned (perhaps rightfully so) and that it seems obvious to me that he would potentially defend the anti-christ if it somehow made the The Bachelor show look bad. So, if I were you all, I’d remember that as I read on.

29. Neeley1123

February 24, 2010 at 8:38 AM

30. RaRa

February 24, 2010 at 8:59 AM

@SherryfromD

They had no choice but to air the “New Zealand” comment. It had already leaked out so the cat was out of the bag. If they had omitted it, it would have stirred up a lot more buzz by both the media and the public. Instead, they decided to go with the “I’m not even going to dignify that with a response” response.

31. Twinkie

February 24, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Neeley1123 – I’m 100% with you. Well said.

32. ashley m

February 24, 2010 at 9:03 AM

babyfat101, obviously they are still friends or whatever because he and his dad stopped by her house and she probably used him to gain information but sex, no way.

33. RaRa

February 24, 2010 at 9:12 AM

@tcm2010

Good post. I agree — there was probably some heavy flirting going on — that appears to be part of her personality. Who knows how far on the “messin’ around” spectrum they went — they may or may not have even crossed the “Clinton” line: (“If it’s oral, it ain’t immoral.”) Regardless, I did feel that there was a LITTLE more to the story than she was willing to reveal. I’m surprised we haven’t seen any interviews from the “producer”. I wonder if the show paid him off in exchange for silence.

34. Bubbles

February 24, 2010 at 9:38 AM

@watching10, you said, “f nothing happened between Rozlyn and this producer, wouldn’t ABC have a huge wrongful-firing lawsuit on their hands? Some how I don’t think ABC would walk right into that one.” You can bet that ABC paid off the fired producer to NOT sue—that is pretty much SOP in a high profile situation. Big corporations due it all the time to keep their names out of the press with “was sued for” in the headline.

35. DCOKC

February 24, 2010 at 12:18 PM

So Reality Steve says the women were lying about Roz because of their post Bachelor interviews. Not good enough. First of all, the girls were interviewed individually back then. Perhaps they did notice oddities about Roz but didn’t think them to be too odd based on their own individual accounts. Maybe they didn’t want to be the one and only to blab about what they really saw and thought it best to keep quiet. Yet, when the girls were all put together for the Women Tell all and started talking, they discovered that what they did witness with Roz and the producer was actually flirtatious actions – inappropriate actions. After all, the premise of the show was for the women to vie for one man’s attention – Jake’s attention. The women knew there would be 24 other women to “compete” against. If Rozlyn couldn’t keep her eyes on the one prize, she should not have signed up to do the show. As we have discovered, she’s flirtatious and isn’t ready to settle down with any one man. She must have been on the show to get her 15 minutes of fame. Well, she got it (but not in a good way). Ha. So Reality Steve, don’t be so quick to accuse the other women of lying at the WTA. The truth hurts, doesn’t it?

36. jeffsaysno

February 24, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Chris looks like he has a face that would smell of ass.

I feel horrible for Rozlyn. Her career is probably ruined; I’m not so sure bridal magazines would want to be associated with infidelity, fake or not.

37. cubbieblue Kristin

February 24, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Neeley1123 :

I completely agree.

38. jeffsaysno

February 24, 2010 at 1:15 PM

so, I’m a little confused about Ella. She says she would never lie to make Rozlyn look bad because she’s a mother…. but she’d tell the truth to make Rozlyn look bad, regardless?

39. nobody2010

February 24, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Rozlyn is the biggest slud and lier I have ever known. Wake up realityasteve!!!!!!
    All the girls are liers except Rozlyn, are you trying to tell us that realitysteve? yeah, I am sure she will sleep with you after all the good work you did for her by trying to paint a wonderful portrait of her here. Flies go where there is rotten meat. The producer smelled the slud in Rozlyn and went for it.

She tried to use her kid issue which she failed. Even her best friend Valishia opened up and lost trust in Rozlyn, I was laughing reading yours words still trying to protect Rozlyn, yeah, maybe you can get some yum yum ……

Interviewing her ……… hmm, I guess you can only get loosers like her to come and do interview with you, cause you just simply cannot get the good people on ……

I seriously think you took the wrong side this time!

40. nobody2010

February 24, 2010 at 1:22 PM

@cubbieblue Kristin

I completely agree with you as well.

41. nobody2010

February 24, 2010 at 1:23 PM

cubbieblue Kristin :

Neeley1123 :Steve, I’ve been reading your bachelor columns since you began. I used to love to read them because they were hilarious and irreverent. But now, it seems you are hell-bent on criticizing the show/producers/network. Look, we all know it’s a reality show, and is in no way true love (most of the time). But it’s just entertainment, so you need to calmn down a little with this vendetta. You also need to realize that people on this show DO THINGS WRONG! 1) Wes said some truly assinine things (and there was no gun to his head) and 2) Rozelyn is no angel – she DID have an in appropriate relationship with the producer. They didn’t accuse her of SEX, just inappropriate behavior, which she had. Advice from a longtime Reality Steve Fan: You need to put aside your your personal hard-on for this show and go back to being entertaining and funny, it suits you better!

I completely agree.

I agree!

42. jeffsaysno

February 24, 2010 at 2:18 PM

nobody, you are truly a nobody. Did you even read his column? His work might be biased, but his evidence is not.

43. babyfat101

February 24, 2010 at 2:23 PM

@Neeley1123 – i’m another one that agrees with you. been watching since the football guy or firestone season, can’t remember. i keep reading, wanting/hoping for that irreverent funny guy to show up, but instead i keep getting the guy who wants to be wes’ buddy, and who organizes vegas trips.

44. summer

February 24, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Wow..reality truly is more interesting than reality shows! The key word in this controversy is “inappropriate” behavior. This may not necessarily mean sexual. I agree that there is a definite cover-up of some truths we would all like to know about Roz and this Callahan guy. By the way, how does one find his picture? What show would have information leaked to Roz that was so damaging and serious that they would have to let her go and ridicule her? Then use it to exploit her to create another evil character? Sounds like a reality show to me!I agree that Roz did not come across to me as a woman who was desperately horney or lonely. She does seem to be the type who needs to be “seen” and known, no matter what the consequences are. I thought she appeared strong and confident.

45. dyrochka

February 24, 2010 at 3:11 PM

The Bachelor needed another villain. (Look how successful Wes’s storyline was) Roz never liked/cared for Jake but wanted the exposure. (She is stunning but smthng in her eyes is cold and calculating.) She never bothered to obtain a release from her ex-husband, as she knew she will not be on the show for long. I believe this was/is a well played “scandal” and all parties were well compensated whether financially or air time or both (including Roz). The stories about who saw what and where and Roz’s “I am innocent” bit – fluff. People are still talking and magazines are selling. Simple. Well done Mr. Fleiss!
    Chris H. – stop raiding Flava Flave’s time piece collection!!!
    RS – love the column but surprised you bought Ali’s “I am sorry”. Predictable and (for me) fell short of believable.

46. jawbreaker

February 24, 2010 at 3:42 PM

[IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x66/sydianne/rose.jpg[/IMG]

47. beachbumz

February 24, 2010 at 4:00 PM

48. Phei

February 24, 2010 at 5:45 PM

beachbumz :OK, so… There is no proof in either direction, this whole thing is he said/she said, right? But here’s what we have- Producer is fired, then goes on to admit there was a sexual relationship with Rozlyn. AND gets separated from his wife because of it. Sounds like he loses a lot. Jessie saw them making out. Several others saw them cuddling. So ALL these people are lying? What in the world do ANY of them have to gain from telling such fabrications? Rozlyn on the other hand has motivation to lie- to (try to) save face. Yet she’s the one you believe, Steve? I still haven’t read one good reason to believe her over everyone else associated with the show. I think someone has a thing for her, hmmm?

Producer was fired for sending a card to Roz’s son, Producer separated from his wife 9 months PRIOR to even meeting Rozlyn, Producer admits (still have not heard ANYTHING from his mouth yet only Chris’s) that he had a relationship with Roz in order to get his severance package.

Yes, I did my research and his wife’s twitter prooves it.

49. MindyM

February 24, 2010 at 7:44 PM

I agree with others here who have said that the truth lies somewhere in between. I do think that Rozlyn is a young woman who is willing to use her looks to get what she wants from men. She obviously realized fairly early on that this producer was infatuated with her. Maybe she thought that this could be used to her advantage. She probably thinks that flirting and fooling around isn’t that big a deal. Also, I would think the producer would know where all the cameras are and when they are on. That may well be the reason why there is no film footage of anything going on between them.

When they escorted Rozlyn to the stage with this beefy bodyguard, it presented a powerful visual to the viewing audience. They had this guy with her to make sure that she didn’t have any contact with the other women and couldn’t hear what was being said on stage. It certainly made her look like some kind of criminal. She was basically walking into a trap. Once Chris got her on the record denying any inappropriate behavior of any kind, that’s all they needed. I don’t know that Rozlyn could have done anything else. If she answered his direct question ambiguously, then the viewing audience would conclude that she had something to hide.

I thought Rozlyn’s best moment was when she asked Chris Harrison directly for specific instances of misconduct. Then all Chris had to do was wave his hand like an orchestra conductor and call on each of the women to give their pre-planned accusations. Rozlyn really had no chance. She might have responded differently to the women, kind of saying that she understood that they were just doing what they were told and she felt sorry for them. That would have been better than the stammering and defensive words she blurted out. But it was a total no-win situation. I thought Rozlyn’s worst moment was when she brought up that nonsense about Chris supposedly flirting with this producer’s wife in New Zealand. First, it had precisely nothing to do with the issue at hand. Second, it made Rozlyn look petty, mean-spirited and vindictive. That’s why they aired it. I am surprised that anyone would think that they wouldn’t air it. It only served to make Rozlyn look even worse than she already did.

As far as the other women, I thought Valishia was the most interesting to watch. You can tell a lot from someone’s demeanor. She clearly was feeling a great deal of stress and didn’t seem comfortable going after Rozlyn. She even told Rozlyn that she knew that she liked her. Then she blurted out this bizarre story of being sick and Rozlyn not being in their room that night. So what’s the big deal with that? Also, if you are sick, then why would you get out of bed to go looking for your roommate? All she said was that she couldn’t find Rozlyn. Not particularly damning, if you ask me. I am not surprised to learn that she apologized to Rozlyn afterwards. As far as Terry, well, I feel that she her statements do line up. A slight correction doesn’t mean that she was lying. Ella’s detailed description of the four legged position Rozlyn was in seemed to be meant to inflame the viewing audience. Was she saying that Rozlyn was in that position with the producer guy underneath her? I don’t get it. Who cares if she had her chest down and her butt up in the air with her panties on. Oooh! Shocking!

All I can say is, if that’s the best ABC can do when it comes to firsthand evidence, then they are in big trouble. I don’t think Rozlyn was intimate with this guy, but I do think there was some hanky-panky going on between them. Whether it rises to the level of a scandal and warranted all this attention, I have no idea. It could well be that the women were told to either exaggerate what they saw or told to flat out lie. At this point, I don’t think I even care. But I don’t think Rozlyn is an innocent as she would like all of us to believe.

50. Really

February 24, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I’m sorry if someone already said this or asked this…but let me tell you there are so many comments here, I just couldn’t finish reading them. I would just like to say that I do not believe Rozlyn. I also do not feel the same as you RS about Chris H. This is his job…sure he is probably picking up a hefty truckload of cash to continue on in this charade…so do I blame him? Nope. Would I or could I? Nope. But, I believed the girls attacks more than I believed Rozlyns responses and facial expressions to them. Really? I mean I’m sure there are a huge percentage of woman out there, that if there were attacked and lies were spat right out in front of them like that, would break down. Sorry. She was not in anyway believable. Well except for the part about making a phone call to her son from the “never named” producer. That was about the most believable thing that came out of her mouth. And her attack at Chris about the “never named” producers wife…again I say “Really?” Any respectable honest woman would not air his dirty laundry out like that, truth or lie. I commend him for his response, whether he was lying or not. If she wants us to believe her…maybe she should try and put her big girl pants on.

That show was a far cry from reality…though it fit the bill for entertainment…fake or real. It makes me laugh to see how many people believe any of this…I thank you RS for making us see the truth. Although I have to say that for the first time this season I have to disagree with you…Sorry, but Rozlyn is lying. Maybe just by not telling the whole truth, but in reality, omitting the truth is still lying. She’s hiding something…I would live to know what.

Oh yeah. The “never named” producer came to visit her WITH his father!?! And she didn’t have ANY type of “inappropriate relationship” with him at all! C’mon Rozlyn! Give me a break!! You probably nuzzled his neck, gave him a hard on, now he follows you around everywhere like some love struck schmuck and you are loving every disgusting minute of it.