Bachelor Pad

Some “Bachelor Pad” Thoughts

Wanted to give a few thoughts on the press release of the “Bachelor Pad” and what I know has gone down in the past with a few contestants. It’ll shed a little light for people who have no idea who’s hooked up with who outside of the show. Also, want to talk about the rules, the living situation, the challenges, and alliances possibly being built. However, let me first give a thought on the Jake/Vienna break up which took an interesting turn yesterday after I had posted my column. No need to spend more than two paragraphs on something we all knew was coming. It was always a matter of “when” and not “if” with these two.

Vienna did an exclusive interview with “Star” magazine. Meaning that she spoke to them and told them sometime this weekend or even late last week. Those magazines go to print Monday night. That story didn’t just all the sudden happen yesterday, it had a few days to build up. Her story in a nutshell (and you can read a portion of it on Starmagazine.com), is that Jake and her haven’t had sex for the last four months, the guy only is affectionate with her when the cameras are rolling, and she calls him a “fame whore.” Not to mention Vienna’s stepmom chimed in to TMZ telling them Jake never really loved Vienna, never told her that he loved her, and only picked her because she was the most dramatic and it would increase ratings. Like I said yesterday, I’m gonna tend to actually believe Vienna’s camp more than what Jake says. Why? Because this is everything I’ve heard about the guy over the last couple months. Whether he would’ve picked Tenley, Gia, or Vienna – it didn’t matter. This was going to be your result, hands down. The guy is out for himself and always has been.

Now, do I feel sorry for Vienna? No. She fell hook, line, and sinker for this guy thinking he was genuine. That was her first mistake. Don’t buy this stuff that Jake dumped her because he suspected she was cheating on him. Please. The guy dumped her because he had no use for her anymore that he’s not on TV every week. And when TMZ caught Jake at LAX yesterday and we hear Jake saying he and Vienna “will always be friends”, only to have a couple hours later some details of the exclusive she gave to “Star” come out, obviously they have there wires crossed. I can’t imagine a guy you’re accusing of not sleeping with you for four months and basically calling a fraud is gonna want to remain friends with her. Jake probably had no idea she had told her story to “Star” since there’s no way he would’ve said they’d remain friends. Whatever the case, the best news in all of this is that both will hopefully vanish into thin air to never be heard from again. It was fun guys. Now scram.

“Bachelor Pad”

The show begins Aug. 9th, has 19 former contestants on it (11 girls & 8 guys) who will compete in challenges and go on dates, with the lone remaining person winning $250,000. The girls vote out the guys, and the guys vote out the girls. The good thing is, a lot of these contestants have some “relationship” history with other contestants. Well, I use the term “relationship” very loosely, since they all do. Basically, a lot of them have hooked up before. You can draw your own conclusion as to what you think “hooked up” means. Certain cases it does mean sex, certain cases it doesn’t. But the show’s press release, and cast bios, makes you well aware that some of their past relationships will be brought up in the house. Couple things to point out before getting to the people involved:

-The show is only on for six weeks. And there’s 19 people. So as you can see, we’re gonna be getting more than one elimination ceremony per episode. My guess is you’ll see 4 gone the first episode, maybe 3 or 4 gone the next, another 2 or 3 gone by the third episode, then 3 to 4 gone each of the fifth and sixth episodes. Why? I’m hearing there’s going to be a live finale where everybody is brought back to I guess vote on the winner. Not sure exactly how that’s going to work, but ummmmm, they’re all getting brought back.

-I have a feeling the show will make up rules as they go along to keep certain people around. Yes, each side is voting out the others, but I’m sorry, people like Kiptyn, Tenley, Wes, and Gia aren’t going home early. They’re just not. Those people are fresh in people’s minds and are people that others want to see. You honestly think anyone gives a rat’s ass if Crazy Michelle sticks around til the end? Or someone like Juan? No, because they weren’t that memorable from their season. We will see once it all plays out (or I get more information) but my money is on those people will last long on the show.

As for the “hookups”, here’s what I can tell you:

-Yesterday I mentioned Jesse Kovacs and Elizabeth Kitt have been bumping uglies for a few months now. Very well known in the “Bachelor/ette” world those two are hooking up. Also well known that Jesse Kovacs is shattering Bob Guiney’s record of 5 ½ women all across America. I don’t know all of them, I just know there’s a lot. Ask around. I’m sure you can find out. His male whore-ness is becoming quite legendary.

-Nikki’s bio says: “…but will her romantic past with a fellow contestant work to her advantage this time around?” Nikki and Juan were “dating” for a little bit, and it didn’t end well at all. Which is to say expect it to be brought up in the house and fireworks to ensue. Nikki is not a fan of his.

-Wes has a thing for Gia. I know because he told me about a month ago when I went to see him in concert. When I say a “thing”, just means I know he thinks she’s hot. To each their own…ha ha. So I would expect something to happen with those two. However, Gia is back with her ex-boyfriend hockey player Chris Campoli of the Ottawa Senators. So either she signed her contract to do the show before she got back with him, or she signed it after and just isn’t planning on hooking up with anyone. Hard to resist Mr “They saaaaaaayyyyy love, it don’t come eeeeeeeeeaassssyyyy”. We’ll see what happens.

-Natalie is like the little kissing bandit. I think she makes out with everyone from this show. Definitely Jesse Kovacs, so I wonder if one of the challenges will be her and Elizabeth Kitt having a pillow over who gets to do him…ha ha. But if Jesse is taken with Elizabeth and can’t keep his dong in his pants, my guess is Natalie will go after Wes or Jesse Beck from Ali’s season. She has a thing for bad boys.

-There’s the Tenley and Kiptyn situation as well. Very good friends, have seen a lot of each other outside the show, but I’ve heard it’s not serious. Plus, you all know Tenley. The last thing she’s gonna do is go into that house a start whore-ing it up. Ain’t happening. But it will be interesting to see her and Kiptyn’s interaction while on the show since they’re probably two of the favorites.

-Krisily is just boy crazy. I have absolutely no idea who she’ll hook up with, but I can guarantee you it’s somebody.

-If the Weatherwuss even touches another girl’s skin I’ll be shocked. He’s going to be a rather early exit if you ask me.

-Gwen and Peyton are total wild cards. Whatever the case, I’m a big fan of Peyton. Down with the whole southern accent and doesn’t look like she was molded in a plastic surgeon’s office. So, lets hope she doesn’t tongue everyone in the house.

If I get spoilers or more info on it, by all means, I’ll share it. I know that all 19 of them live in bunk beds in the living room of the mansion, each group of sexes will compete in the challenges (so one guy wins and one girl wins), and then that person chooses three people to go on a date with. During that date with the three other people, they give the rose to one person who then becomes immune from that night’s vote, and then those two continue on with their date somewhere else. During that time, a fantasy suite card is presented that they can choose to use. The fantasy suite is upstairs in the mansion, so, basically if you’re loud in bed, everyone will hear you. However, I have no idea if this fantasy suite card is presented on every 1-on-1 situation or not. But lets just say the rest of the cast might wanna be wearing earplugs if Jesse Kovacs and Elizabeth Kitt end up in the fantasy suite. Paint might start peeling from the walls.

You can email me, join my Facebook page or Fan Page, or join me on Twitter by going to the “Contact Me” link at the top of the page. I’ll see you soon…

1. adw7984

June 23, 2010 at 6:50 AM

This sounds so incredibly trashy…..I can’t wait haha.

2. mja

June 23, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Good column… I couldn’t remember which one Jesse Kovacs was, since I rarely pay attention to the last names of people on these shows. I Googled his name and see that he is the California wine guy from Jillian’s season. [Just put that in there for anybody else who might be clueless, like me.]

3. jayski

June 23, 2010 at 11:40 AM

10 to 1 we’ll find out later that Jake is gay. Just a hunch… he didn’t really have any chemistry with Jillian, and what he had with Vienna was totally put on. He picked her because he knew she’d attract the most media attention, and ended the physical part of the relationship as soon as that attention had run its course. Now he’s on to other things… he did DWTS, now he has a show… she was just a vehicle for his fame whore-dom!

4. latinlover

June 23, 2010 at 2:58 PM

The Bachelor Pad sounds trashy but could be entertaining. I think we’re going to see the bad side of all of these people that they didn’t show while they were pretending to be “angels” on the bachelor/ette. On that show they’re all supposedly “ready to get married”, “fall in love”, etc. but on this show it will probably be like bad girls club meets the real world meets I don’t know what. Oh well. To each their own.

5. katetara

June 23, 2010 at 6:58 PM

It almost sounds like they took some pages from Paradise Hotel… I’m not sure I’ll be able to stand watching it, lol, especially with them all in one room!

6. djs

June 23, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Did you really say 19 bunk beds in the living room? Who would sign on for that. Sounds like a cheesy combination of Big Brother meets High School Reunion.

7. Canuck

June 23, 2010 at 9:39 PM

There are not 19 contestants, there are 20 on the show, JAKE is the 20th!

8. abi54

June 23, 2010 at 9:44 PM

This show sounds like fun, and since i only know the ppl from Jake’s season I’m very interesting in seeing Michelle, and not so much to see Elizabeth i hope she leaves as soon as possible.

9. yukityyuk

June 23, 2010 at 10:31 PM

What next. Enough with Ali. Sickens me. She is an ever so fake fame whore if I ever saw one. If she is looking to get into acting she can forget it. No personality whatsoever. No wonder this season sucks. Cute is about all she is. And that is debatable. I find it hilarious all the naive people out there that think she is sooooo sweet and is really looking for a husband. If I have to watch her twist those damn roses around one more time trying to read the name attached I am gonna puke. Ali has nooo personality and if any of the remaining guys are smart they will pray NOT to get a rose and run like hell to the Bachelor Pad and just have a whoring blast.

10. RSFMAN

June 24, 2010 at 12:32 AM

What I love most, if you follow the link to Justin “Rated R” appearance on Keys to the VIP is HE LOSES THE PICKUP CONTEST. That says it all.

11. jenn

June 24, 2010 at 9:26 AM

So did I hear right that Jake would be making an appearance on the Bachelor Pad? That’s what was on Entertainment Tonight last night as a scene of pretty boy Jake was walking around “on the phone with his publicist” (he announced) flashed before our eyes.

12. Caroll

June 24, 2010 at 10:24 AM

As for the interview with Jake and Vienna on July 5th on ABC, I wouldn’t believe a word Jake says. I do believe Vienna’s report that he only played to the camera re: sex and NOT in the bedroom. He is such a loser.

13. mja

June 24, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I wonder if Bachelor Pad will add a couple more guys from the ones that have not been officially eliminated from the Bachelorette yet? It seems odd not to have the same number of women and men… and if Jake is indeed added, they will only need two more guys to make it even.

14. brittany_w

June 24, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Bachelor Pad does sound trashy but since I find it amusing to watch these ABC shows I will be watching! I had heard about most of the “hook ups” and/or “friendships” between the soon to be roomies except for Tenley and Kiptyn. I think they are probably both really geninue nice people. It would be nice if they could turn whatever they have into a relationship, even if its not on the show but you know maybe in the REAL day to day WORLD!

Just a thought… Does anyone think that Weatherwuss might try to go after Tenley because she is so nice. She might be the only one in there that wouldn’t just shut him down from the get go.

15. MAC

June 24, 2010 at 1:22 PM

@brittany_w

They all sleep in bunk beds in the den. That’s what the next to last paragraph says. =) So they are ALL roommates.

16. guardandprotectmyheart

June 24, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Hey Steve, I just heard that Star magazine says that Jake went psycho on Vienna – screamed and attacked her – during their recent taping with Chris Harrison which will air on July 5th. Everyone’s buzzing about it on the bachelor boards. Any truth to this?

17. meinfla

June 24, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Don’t forget Jakeyyy, he’s now gonna be on bachelor pad, geez, arrggghhh!!

18. Hydi

June 24, 2010 at 7:34 PM

I think the reason Ali chooses no one, is because the producers persuaded her decision. (if not made it for her) She has never felt very secure as it is on love. With all that happens this season with the cheaters and liars and people going back to their exes of COURSE ABC is going to jump on it if they don’t like who her final pick is. (easy way to get her to believe no one is good for her) Once they realize Ali is choosing the guy that they want as the next Bachelor (Roberto), they put a hault to it. Roberto will more and likely become the next bachelor. So many girls are drooling over him and they will hit jack-pot on viewers with this hottie for next season. Will he make a good Bachelor? -Not sure. But as far as viewers for him, girls will be tuned into the tv like wild bunnies waiting to mate! — Ali more and likely falls for thinking that none of these guys are good for her. From the interview she had with Chris on the show it all seems as though this is the case. Anyone else agree?
    I will be completely shocked if ABC does not make Roberto the next Bachelor. As for Ali, it really does suck if she’s letting a show control her feelings. She doesn’t feel a strong connection with Chris L. that is apparent. But the connection with Roberto is also apparent. ABC sees it, and doesn’t like it. Guarentee they picked Roberto from the get-go to be the next Bachelor.

19. minty

June 25, 2010 at 6:32 AM

I, too, read the rumors that Jake tried to punch Vienna during the “Bacholor Break Up Special”…any truth to that? I figured since RS has spies on the set he’d be all over this.

20. KathnToast

June 25, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Just adding my name to the throng of people who are hoping you’ll track down the truth of the alleged “had-to-pull-him-off-of-her-or-maybe-it-was-almost-a-punch-or-maybe-a-fist-or-maybe-just-a-dirty-look-and-she-was-asking-for-it” incident. [rolls eyes]

You know, I want to know what really happened… but at the same time, this kind of exposure over something that was probably SO trivial kind of annoys me. It makes REAL domestic violence seem like it’s just a joke or an interesting story, ya know? It just wish they could have kept it as a ‘normal’ smarmy break-up, without trivializing a very real issue.

Off my soapbox now, especially since I DO want the truth about the smarmy breakup. 😉

21. Caroll

June 25, 2010 at 6:29 PM

AOL is saying that Jake is the “winner” because he made the cover of People Magazine while Vienna is on the “inferior” Star Magazine. Too bad they don’t read Reality Steve to get the straight scoop. When Jake is interviewed on TV, he makes about as much sense as Kasey did on Ali’s season of the Bachelorette: a lot of nonsense that makes no sense. Vienna’s story rings true in spite of her previous ugly and immature liasons as reported in the tabloids. Maybe she has matured. At any rate her version of the events since the proposal by Jake to her on The Bachelor as reported in her interview in Star Magazine rings a lot more true than his nonsensical attempts to lie his way back to the person he appeared to be back when The Bachelor finale aired.

22. kally17

June 26, 2010 at 4:22 PM

HMMM. I was thinking the reason the show only announced 19 contestants was because Steve said Ali picks no one and she would be on the show but maybe it is b/c Jake has been in touch with the producers and let them know he wanted that spot on the show. My opinion is Jake is the media whore and CAN’T settle with anyone b/c he is sooo full of himself and wants to stay in the public eye. I wasn’t a Vienna fan during the season and despite her age I think she was so in AWWW of him she would have followed him around like a little puppy and been happy to go where ever with him. I think he was the majority of the problem. I don’t 100% believe her “we were NEVER intimate” possibly he just wasn’t as into her as he was in the romantic setting on the show but maybe he isn’t into women at all. Nothing wrong with that at all but he shouldn’t play games. He is very egotistical so I don’t trust anything about him. The more the season played out his very immature side showed like wow!! Jake is a FAKE!!!!

23. kally17

June 26, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Oh…one more thing!! Jesse for the next Bachelor!! He is **HOTT** 😀

24. jac

June 26, 2010 at 6:23 PM

First, I think Ali is a doll. I’m sorry others do not. Second, she hit the nail on the head when she declared (On The Bachelor) that if Jake wanted Vienna he certainly did not want her. She recognized that they – she and Vienna – stood for opposite values. Ali may have cared for – even loved Jake – but it would have been totally demeaning for her to stay on the show and be rejected for someone she thoroughly did not respect. That’s my two cents worth.

25. PorscheFB61

June 26, 2010 at 7:36 PM

First off I just wanna say that Steve….you rock. On that note im wondering why you and many others are taking the skanks side over jake. I mean Jake is a douche but vienna screwed her ex bf over and now shes in another broken up relationship. Im sure jake likes the spotlight but so does vienna and she has a history of being a slut. So im gonna takes Jakes side on this. Again I like you Steve just dont agree with you on this.

26. Penthe

June 29, 2010 at 5:25 AM

When Jessie agreed to ABC’s pressure to lie about Rozalyn’s affair and invent stories and situations I just KNEW she would be doing something with ABC in the near future. I was right, she was on last night’s show.

27. EveLSpinister

July 5, 2010 at 11:06 AM

jayski said: “10 to 1 we’ll find out later that Jake is gay.”

Bingo. I’ve said it from the beginning. I started to doubt it when he chose Ms. Chesty Party Girl over Tenley the Semi-Virgin, & thought for a moment he might be straight after all. I thought Vienna would wear him out. Apparently she wasn’t offered the opportunity. Simple reason: He doesn’t like girls.

Shoulda known my first impulse was right. Always is. How many months will it be before it comes out, Steve?

Place your bets…

28. hmm

July 6, 2010 at 6:24 AM

Okay, so is there any “reality” to this reality show? After starting to read this column, it seems like all the contestants have an agenda other than finding someone. Has this become the route for those who can’t seem to get a callback or someone to read their script? Call me naive, but I thought there was actually something very real (at least from Ali’s side) between Ali and Frank, and honestly, he seemed genuine to me to, though obviously conflicted. I know it’s not like it was the first few seasons of this franchise, as Steve as said, but is there nothing real that’s left? I won’t be watching anymore if that’s the case. I know there was always some fake drama (which I can do w/out frankly–I’d rather just try and figure out who the bachelor/bachelorette really likes)–Ali’s phone call last season, for example–but I still thought this was what the show claimed to be w/a little extra garbage thrown in. And I know the couples rarely make it much longer than after the show airs, but, as I tell my husband (who’s constantly rolling his eyes and making the “it’s all fake” comments), it’s CHICK STUFF. We dig the fancy dresses (and trashing the girls for their bad wardrobe choices), the handsome men, the relationship drama, and the exotic locations. I’d hate to think that there was nothing left that’s real. :(