The Bachelorette 6 - Ali

Justin “Rated R” Rego Interview Update

Oh boy. Someone at ABC has their panties in a wad. So, Justin is allowed to go on ET Canada and all these other outlets and bash the show mercilessly for what he says is them throwing him under the bus, but the minute they read he’s about to do an interview with Reality Steve, they step in and threaten him? Nice. Very professional. Gee, apparently I’ve gotten under someone else’s skin now. That’s ok. I still think the interview will end up happening, just not today. If it doesn’t, oh well. I won’t lose any sleep over it. Basically, the higher powers at ABC contacted Justin yesterday and told him not to do the interview. Here’s all I need to say to Justin: They told Wes the same thing, and he did TWO interviews with me. What happened to him? Oh yeah, that’s right. He never got sued, never lost any money, and got cast on “Bachelor Pad”. They also told Rozlyn not to do an interview with me. What happened to her? Uhhhhh, nothing. And if she wanted to do “Bachelor Pad”, she could’ve. Don’t mind them, Justin. It’s just a threat. Do the interview if you really want people to hear your side of how the producers were screwing around with you behind the scenes.

You know, like how they told you they were going to let you tell Ali in Turkey that you wanted to leave, all the while knowing they had already filmed the phone call with Jessica and were setting you up by lying to you. Or, how they talked you in to getting on a plane to Turkey even though you told them in Iceland you wanted off the show. Or, how they lied to Jessica about how far you were along in the show so she’d make the phone call to Ali by telling her basically you had already spent the night with Ali, and that you were going to be in the final three, and if she didn’t make this call, there was a good chance Ali was gonna pick you. The list goes on. Lots of good stuff. Probably be a good idea if you shared this with everyone yourself. Hey, anything I can do to expose the show more for the lying frauds they are, I’m all for. By no means were you a saint in any of this Justin, however, I do think there are things people should know about how your exit really went down.

1. panthergirl

July 8, 2010 at 8:04 AM

They had to know when they cast him that he had a girlfriend, right? I mean how hard is it to find THAT out? So they cast him *because* he had a girlfriend and they knew it would blow up into big drama. My question for you is how did then get him to come back and talk to Ali after he had tried to escape? Did they threaten him? I can’t believe he did that of his own volition.

2. wpgbachelor

July 8, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Hey Steve,is this interview going to be recorded and linked to the site?

3. mja

July 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Too bad — but we’ll probably hear from him eventually.

4. wisewords

July 8, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Personally, I think it’s pretty awesome that ABC is so threatened by your blog. Maybe next time don’t post it when you plan to do an interview. Just do it and surprise us later.

5. liz897

July 8, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Wow. This show is truly evil.

6. momapalooza

July 8, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I can’t imagine anyone even watching this show from here on out with any belief that any of it is real – or any “reality” show for that matter. With everything that has been exposed as far as the manipulation/lies/deceit of the “contestants” by the producers of this show and probably all others, it’s so hard to believe that anyone that voluntarily signs up for this drama is anything but a self-serving, sell-out looking only to try to attain their 15 minutes…The entertainment value of course knows no bounds which is why we’ll see so many more to come. I think maybe Deadliest Catch is one of the only “real” reality shows.

7. kfran

July 8, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Not surprised. Mike Fleiss has to get back at RS somehow for providing all the spoilers. And now that the Jillian/Ed break up is all over the internet their little franchise is taking a poo as far as validity goes- if they really ever had it to begin with.

8. canuck-eh

July 8, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Here is a link to a detailed 50-Minute interview with Justin for those who wish to hear his side of things.

9. Pepper

July 8, 2010 at 2:25 PM

This has been the worst Bachelor show ever. Sorry Justin cancelled his interview but he’ll be here eventually. I’ll wait!

10. SeriouslySerene

July 8, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Bahaha. Reality Steve, ftw! Who knew ABC would be challenging you head on? I bet you feel cool. I wish more of the stupid foolish fans of this show would read your blog to get more insight on how ridiculous it is. Keep it up. Even if you get death threats.

11. karen1957

July 8, 2010 at 3:42 PM

canuck-eh, thanks for finding that interview, because the video version is no longer available !

12. SixFootBlonde

July 8, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Awww, a little disappointed that we didn’t get to hear bad boy Justin’s side of the story (yet!)… but how awesome was it that Vienna got to pull back the curtain and reveal the Wizard of Odd on national TV! [Side note to Jake: National Coming Out Day is October 11th this year. I’m seeing 15 more minutes for you on Oprah this fall. Just sayin’.]

13. canuck-eh

July 10, 2010 at 7:43 AM

What’s this all about?? Play nice now, Steve!!

“UPDATE: AstroChicks received a very long winded NASTY email this morning, compliments of Reality Steve. It appears that Chantelle is not a friend, fan, or girlfriend of Justin Rego’s…it’s her sister. Thanks for updating us RS, I will let the Toronto Star know as well who wrote the original post.

Either RS got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or forgot to take his meds. If AstroChicks is feeling extra bitchy today, I just might post his email so Bachelorette fans can see what he’s really like. Thanks RS, you have a nice day also. Keep spreading that morning cheer!”

FROM: http://www.astrochicks.com/2010/06/bachelorette-ali-spoilers-justin-rego-spotted-with-sexy-new-girlfriend-at-canadian-festival/

14. MindyM

July 11, 2010 at 12:11 PM

panthergirl,

I agree with you that the producers cast Justin knowing that he already had a girlfriend. Finding out that he had TWO girlfriends was just a bonus! I have become unbelievably cynical about this show. After reading spoilers every season, I just cannot take this seriously at all.

It would now appear that the producers are casting these people knowing that they have skeletons in their closet or something to hide. So there is no longer even the pretense that some of them are on the show to find love! Many seem to have their own agenda for being on the show these days. Why not? The show itself is a total and complete sham!

I don’t think hearing from Justin will change my opinion of him. I didn’t like him from the very first night and that was before I came here and even read the spoilers. He is a jerk who just wanted to get some publicity. Hopefully his two girlfriends have moved on and found guys that are actually honest and worthy of them.

15. KathyZ

July 11, 2010 at 4:32 PM

It seems the REAL reality show is what goes on behind the scenes (based on Rozlyn’s interview). Let the cameras follow that unedited! Based on this bunch of guys (and I use the term “guys” loosely) something is off in the casting if they think Ali will fall in love with any of them.

16. frozengrrl

July 12, 2010 at 7:46 AM

I don’t care much about hearing from Rated R, but I hope that Frank does an interview with you after he is shredded by ABC.

17. Moogan21

July 12, 2010 at 7:53 AM

i find it funny that Rated-R said Weatherman was his bff in the house (he said that in the interview canuck-eh posted)… it just goes to show the editing ABC does makes the seemingly impossible possible.

18. carol1975

July 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Isn’t it a little phony Steve, to say you want to “expose the show for the lying frauds they are” when you basically feed off of them? If it wasn’t for this show being such a joke there wouldn’t be a “Reality Steve blog” with sponsors and everything. Because I am sure you wouldn’t want to kill your golden egg goose. Right?
    I enjoy your blog as much as the next person, but sometimes you can be a little bit dense with the whole “this show is fake” bit. We all now it already, now move on. If the show was real with none of this drama and nonsense, there wouldn’t be anything to write about.

19. wanturlove

July 13, 2010 at 4:55 AM

Have you seen this? Is there any truth to it?

20. Teresa

July 13, 2010 at 12:34 PM

When you say Justin was vilified, just wait till Frank gets his next week. People already don’t remember Justin after what has been going on with Vienna and Jake, so just wait till Frank gets crucified next week, LOL