The Bachelorette 6 - Ali

An Update on Frank, the “Men Tell All”, and “After the Final Rose” – 7/14/10

Remember, for this seasons spoilers, click on the either of the two links under the banner above (Part 1 & Part 2) for all your spoilers regarding what happens this season. Might want to freshen up with Part 1 before the sh** hits the fan with Frank next week. Check out the “Bachelor Pad” spoiler link as well if you haven’t already. The new info I reveal in today’s column has been added.

Some things to cover regarding the “Men Tell All” and “After the Final Rose” shows that I guess wasn’t made too clear yesterday.

-Because Frank is not appearing on the “Men Tell All” this Saturday has nothing to do with it’s because he appears in the finale. Don’t know where anyone got that idea. I understand that’s what happened with Reid, but this is different. Frank does not appear in the finale. Why are they bringing him to the “ATFR” taping? Probably just to make it more interesting. I guess since Ali barely talks to the guys at the “Men Tell All” and Frank was such a big part of this season, I guess they figured his storyline needs to play out a little more with Ali and I’m guessing they will have their 1-on-1 time on stage.

-Some seem to believe that Frank is showing up at the ATFR to announce he’s either already engaged to Nicole, or will propose to her on the show. Frank is not engaged to Nicole, nor will he be proposing at the ATFR. Not going to happen. Just a rumor, and doesn’t/isn’t going to happen.

-The ATFR is taping next weekend. I guess we’ll have all your questions answered then considering the final three will be there and they will be talking about the resolution to the season.

-As for Frank in next weeks show, here’s the clip ABC.com is running of Frank having his talk with Nicole:

At least ABC isn’t going to hide the fact that his talk with Nicole happened before he left for Tahiti. Frank says it in the piece “I’m supposed to be on my way to Tahiti….but I’m not going to Tahiti, I’m in Chicago.” Back in the spoilers Part 1 when I first reported this, all I knew was that the footage was shot after Ali left Chicago, but before he left for Tahiti.

I can assure you now, here’s how it broke down: Frank had his hometown date with Ali, everyone is flown back to LA for the rose ceremony, Frank gets his rose there, but before going to Tahiti, he goes to Chicago to film that segment with Nicole. I know a few you emailed me yesterday with, “What an a**hole to accept a rose from her after he had filmed getting back together with Nicole.” Well, he didn’t if that makes you feel any better. When he accepted his rose, he hadn’t filmed the segment with Nicole yet. Absolutely, 100% sure of that. They did it after the rose ceremony. Funny thing is, I never actually bothered to ask my sources that until I saw the clip. Placed a few phone calls, and they assured me, “Nope. It was filmed after he accepted the rose but before he went to Tahiti.” Done and done.

As for the clip itself, a few thoughts:

-Looks like it was a cold day in Chicago when they had Frank walking the streets. He looked like he was freezing his ass off. Good thing he didn’t go with the V-neck undershirt down to his naval again, or his nipples might’ve been able to cut glass.

-At least we know Nicole doesn’t have a future in acting the way she pretended to be surprised when Frank showed up at the door. Of course at some point she was informed beforehand, “Ok, here’s what’s going to happen.” Frank had to tell her this is what they planned on doing. She needs to sign off on it. Which she did obviously. She just won’t be winning any Emmys anytime soon. So no, there’s was nothing surprising or spontaneous about the scene. Frank was somehow convinced he needed to do this scene, so he tells Nicole about it, and they film it. No different than Ali’s phone call to Jake last season. Jake knew Ali was calling and they knew what had to be covered in the phone call. Same thing here.

-I’m trying to pinpoint who Nicole kinda looks like. Melina Kanakaredes with straight hair, maybe? Or how about a combination of Melina and Bethany, Ed’s ex-girlfriend?

-Nicole: “Without you, I’m just not happy. I don’t feel complete…I never would’ve thought somebody would actually complete somebody.” Well then apparently you didn’t see “Jerry Maguire”, Nicole. Renee Zellweger completed Tom Cruise. He told her so. And all the hopeless romantics started bawling into their popcorn buckets.

-I love how it dramatically ends with her telling him, “You need to come home.” Why don’t we just officially put this show on in the afternoon and run it five days a week before “General Hospital” cuz it’s just one big soap opera now. The drama that they get out of these no-name people is amazing. She’s telling him to come home like he’s an American soldier fighting overseas, but has a sick child at home that needs tending to. On the flip side, it’s awesome. Can’t wait for Monday! Ha ha…

-Yesterday I mentioned kind of rhetorically, “If the top three guys on the show aren’t going to be at the ‘Men Tell All’, and neither is Justin, what the hell are they gonna talk about for two hours?” Well, of course ABC has a plan, and if I thought about it for more than two seconds, I could’ve answered my own question. Since they won’t have Justin there to talk about the biggest scandal of the season, take a wild guess of who they will bring there to talk about it? Of course. Jessica and Kimberly. So just like when they didn’t let Wes show up and then spent a bunch of time ripping him, expect the same to happen with Justin not there. Not defending Justin here, but there was no way ABC wasn’t going to address the biggest scandal of the season, so why not bring in the two girls? Makes sense, I guess. So expect to see them there.

-People email me stuff all the time about stuff they’ve “heard” and most of it I just laugh off. I told you back on May 11th that you will hear different stories, and theories, and speculation for the next two months regarding this show. Happens every season and this is no different. All it is is just that: rumors and speculation. Until that finale airs, you’ll drive yourself batty thinking of all the ridiculous theories that are floated out there. I don’t concern myself with them. I know what I’ve been told by my sources and have never wavered from them once. If my sources are wrong, I’ll own up to it. But when they haven’t been wrong in 3 of the last 4 seasons (I never had any sources or info on Jillian and Ed’s season until afterwards with the Lindsey and Bethany stuff), I haven’t had to own up to anything. I’m not going to sell them down the river and blame them. Basically, we’re one in the same. They tell me stuff, I report it. I’m just the mouthpiece for what they tell me. If they’re wrong, we’re both wrong. But I don’t report it unless I believe them. And considering their track record, I have no reason not to believe them again.

-There is one instance when I ran with stuff that I shouldn’t have, and that will be addressed once Ali’s season is over. I think it’s time a lot of you are given the full story regarding that. I have no problem admitting when I was wrong, and yes believe it or not, I’ve actually been wrong once…ha ha. But lets just focus on the rest of this season, let it play out, then either sometime during “Bachelor Pad” season or shortly thereafter, I will address it.

I’ll be back posting Saturday night if something comes up regarding the “Men Tell All” taping. If not, expect it up Sunday night with a mini-recap of what goes down. If you have any questions, comments, praises, criticisms, etc go to the “Contact Me” link above, and those are all the places you can reach me at – email, Facebook, Twitter and we’ve added a Reality Steve Fan Page now, so join that if you’d like as well. Until then…

1. mja

July 14, 2010 at 10:40 AM

If the clip can be believed, it appears that Frank definitely was swayed when Nicole said that he completes her. I hope that is true — at least somebody has a chance of a romantic ending in this whole thing! After seeing this, I can see why Steve doesn’t think Frank would be coming to the ATFR taping in order to propose to Ali. In fact, if he does, he would come across as even more of a rat than he would seem to be for leaving Ali for Nicole.

Another theory about why Frank will be at the taping this weekend is that perhaps the producers have decided to do that now and in the future if there is any good story whatsoever related to the #3 person on the shows. I think they are seeing that it’s not just a matter of a final between two people vying for the Bachelor/ette’s affections. Sometimes there are others who make a difference as well.

2. kbcfan

July 14, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Wow – so I guess NO rose ceremony next episode. Chris and Roberto win by default.

On a side note – Jillian and Ed are Kaaput.

3. Tammy

July 14, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Wondering why they never end with the final 2 dating the bach in the real world and then the finale can be live. Any thoughts on that?

4. sweetness34

July 14, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I think Ali can feel good about one thing: She is way prettier than Nicole.

5. teegoogles

July 14, 2010 at 1:23 PM

I think Nicole looks a little like Lea Michele, from Glee …

6. mja

July 14, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Tammy, I like your idea (dating the final 2 in the real world and then choosing at a live finale). But that only happen if the show really had the goal of coming up with a real relationship that would last at the end. It seems that they are not going for that.

7. Penthe

July 14, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Nicole is prettier than Ali. Ali is horrid this season. I am in the process of rewatching the Bachelor season 14 with Jake and OMG the difference in Ali’s look. She looks 10 years older this season. Can you believe Justin was verbally abused by Ali and pushed? I do. She seems like that.
    I would be pretty bummed too if 2 guys left me during the season for their exes lol.
    Frank is really good looking, he reminds me a little Robert Pattison look. Tall and metro sexual.

8. Nell

July 14, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Penthe: I agree with you saying Ali is ugly, but he doesnt look anything like RPatt wtf is wrong with you? I am watching season 14 as well and I agree Ali looked alot better.

9. Caroll

July 14, 2010 at 4:06 PM

As for wondering about Ali’s visit to Frank’s family and their knowledge of Nicole, there was a point at which Becky starts to say “But what about…” and there is a quick edit away from her.
    While watching that sequence I was questioning to myself that she was asking about Nicole and was cut off mid-sentence so as not to reveal the Nicole angle so soon. This show is famous for its edits leading you to think one thing when another is the truth.

10. wanturlove

July 14, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Tammy, this happened on the Bachelor with Charlie O’Connell. He asked for more time, and then on the AFTR he picked Sarah.

11. kfran

July 14, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Since Frank said he was supposed to be in Tahiti but instead he was in Chicago, it had to be filmed after he accepted the rose & found out where their next destination was….

12. dr8834

July 14, 2010 at 5:57 PM

OMG! WTF was that? I looked at the clip a few times and it seriously looks like that girl rehearsed what she was going to say. What was she doing with her nose? that breathing thing she was doing was weird. I wouldn’t doubt they both planned this whole thing out and Frank wrote the script, a cheesy script lol… And she is a HORRIBLE actress, now if it was for real and not scripted she is a freaking scary weirdo.

13. karenmarze

July 14, 2010 at 5:59 PM

so where is Chris L now and what’s he doing? he’s my favorite and i hope he finds an awesome lady to marry and make him happy!
    i haven’t been impressed w/ ali this time…AT ALL!

14. kfran

July 14, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I think Frank just needs a woman to stroke his ego…repeatedly…every 5 seconds.

This Nicole girl looks 12.

15. meschief

July 14, 2010 at 7:12 PM

“dating the final 2 in the real world and then choosing at a live finale”
    If they did that, there’d would be NO FR 97% of the time and ABC would lose viewers.

16. CS1972

July 14, 2010 at 8:03 PM

So who wants to start trying to spoil what Steve is going to tell us he messed up on? 😛

Seriously though. The Frank thing was confusing me a bit- it makes a little more sense now knowing he met with Nicole after the Rose Ceremony but before Tahiti. I don’t know how castigated he will be by viewers… I watch with my mom and some friends every Monday and some of them haven’t liked Frank from the beginning. They “can’t put their finger on it”. I consider them “normal” viewers because I don’t tell them any spoilers until after they happen.

17. Lucetto

July 14, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Hey Reality Steve, just wondering if you have any info on Big Brother ????

18. Lucetto

July 14, 2010 at 8:14 PM

On a another note, I’m wondering how Ali will react with the 2 guys left knowing she wont even pick neither ? Poor Chris L, he was also my favorite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. bachelorwatcher

July 14, 2010 at 10:30 PM

it’s sort of crazy how you make these promises to bring us news AS SOON AS YOU HEAR IT!!! and you always praise yourself for staying true to your word and letting us know things as soon as you find out… yet you apparently screwed up somewhere along the lines and made a mistake, and while you say you are fine with admitting you are wrong, you are going to make us wait until potentially AFTER The Bachelor Pad to tell us??? WTF!? You are getting as bad as the producers of The Bachelor. Trying to milk your readers by making them return and read your blog until after those shows end. What a cop out. If you made a mistake, and it has yet to air… correct us now!! What kind of bull is that? Telling us we’ll just have to wait is like hiding your tail between your legs and just moving past it in hopes that it was quick enough we won’t realize you said it, but so it’s there so when we realize your mistake you can say, “I TOLD YOU THERE WAS SOMETHING I SAID THAT I SHOULDN’T!!! GO BACK AND READ!!!!”. Lame.

20. bahurupiya

July 15, 2010 at 2:42 AM

I don’t see why the sequence of events, Frank accepting the rose, and shooting his Chicago scene with Nicole, would make any difference to anybody.

Everybody involved would pretty much have to have known that the next day they would be catching a plane and going to Chicago to shoot that scene.

But then the internets are wet today with the tears of all these sweet, sincere, simple girls “I’ve been BETRAYED!” wailed one, at the end of a 5000-word torrent of how she had spent six of her key developmental years believing that Lauren Conrad et al were the epitome of aspirational role models, only to be left with nothing but the “ZING” as Gateley & DiVello’s gentle message whooshed over her precious, gleaming head:

The raison d’être of all TV shows and movies, regardless of genre, is twofold: make money for the producers and sponsors, and entertain viewers.

In the words of the old Saturday Night Live skit, we all – including me – need to “just relax and enjoy the Ozzie.”

21. chelly-chan

July 15, 2010 at 6:47 AM

all along frank the weasel has been insecure and indecisive.
    i hear a lot of fear in his voice and see it in his eyes. most of us
    suspect others of things we would do ourselves. frank was saying something about how
    “you can send me home tomorrow” to ali. because that is what he himself is
    thinking of doing. [ leaving tomorrow ]. i think the bastard knew all along he wasn’t going
    to be with ali. he wanted to “use” the show and get free trips to europe & tahiti.
    he probably was never broken up with nicole the “ex” girlfriend.

22. Nell

July 15, 2010 at 7:16 AM

I think ABC tried to persuade Frank to remain till at least final 4 so he can get some money. the final four get like 10K right? Poor guy lives with his folks, I’m sure he can use the cash and probably told that to Ali.

23. mrs_joiner

July 15, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Nicole looks like a female version of Christopher Meloni (Law & Order SVU)…or Jim Cantore from the weather channel :)

24. canuck-eh

July 15, 2010 at 11:34 AM

REGARDING JUSTIN –

“Justin tweeted Thursday that Jessica Spillas and Kimberly Kerekes, the two women who claimed to be dating Justin while he was on the program, will be at the Men Tell All taping this weekend, along with past Bachelor contestant Jessie Sulidis.”

And….

“I will not be there (Men Tell All) like I have said for the last few weeks because I do not want to give those revolting producers another chance to negatively edit me!” Justin tweeted on Thursday.”

The above is included within this blog FWIW:

25. joboca

July 15, 2010 at 2:33 PM

The only thing I could focus on the whole length of this show is how Frank has worn the same pair of jeans from ep.1 on…

26. Teresa

July 15, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I’m so glad Frank is leaving. If Ali picked him he’s so insecure he would freak later watching the show where she was with the other guys. He seems like he just wants a woman who says she’s devoted to him, so he can feel secure. But his feelings for them … who knows.

27. pschraff

July 15, 2010 at 4:14 PM

“And all the hopeless romantics started balling into their popcorn buckets.”

This cracked me up, Steve. The word is “bawling”…but this way you gave it a whole new meaning!!

Have a great day!

Patti

28. sparkly

July 15, 2010 at 6:51 PM

@bahurupiya: “If we can suspend disbelief for gollums and sparkling teen vampires, then surely we can manage to do it for a show where they send a dude out to buy two different engagement rings because he knows that tomorrow he is going to propose marriage to somebody, but hasn’t decided yet to whom.”

Love it.

Also, I continue to be amazed at the number of people who believe that if Ali is better looking than Nicole, then what Frank did is even more douchebaggy. Neither Ali nor Nicole are bad-looking girls, in fact both are cute, but this says absolutely NOTHING about personality, which in the long run is more important in sustaining a relationship with someone.

29. Nell

July 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Ali is a bitch. You can put lipstick on a pig, they’re still a pig.

30. swamp witch

July 16, 2010 at 12:48 AM

I don’t think Frank and Nicole will have a happy, romantic ending. Where on earth do they come up with these platitudinous and smarmy lines?

31. Dianne

July 16, 2010 at 7:41 AM

@ Neil…couldn’t agree with you more. I’m so glad to know that both Chris and Roberto are not chosen..they are both way, way too good for Ali the trash bag. I detest her!

32. Dianne

July 16, 2010 at 7:44 AM

@bachelorwatcher. Whoa..chill out already! You make it sound like Steve said the world was going to end tomorrow. Look, if you don’t like the way Steve chooses to give out his info, then by all means, leave, NOW, and don’t come back. You won’t be missed.

33. reel_nut

July 16, 2010 at 10:24 PM

@ bachelorwatcher _as usual you are right on the money _

Here is in my view >> STEVE’S BIGGEST OOPSIE!!!

Someone needs to introduce REALITY STEVE to HIS TARGET
    AUDIENCE. Only then, maybe he would STOP disabusing his readers by imposing upon them a disproportionate amount of OFF TOPIC, OFF TARGET MATERIAL especially on his five page weekly RECAPS.

And I say “imposing”because his excesses are well outside the parameters of the topic he lures his audience to his site for. In
    essence, STEVE FORCES UPON his AUDIENCE content not to their
    taste, sensibility or interest by putting everything but the kitchen sink into what he himself designates as topical blogs (according to the neons signs above them (=their titles). I have no problem w/ STEVE writing personal blogs. However, in deference to the massive audience attracted to his site by his work related to The Bachelor/Bachelorette, he should have the discipline to keep his topics separate.

Simply put, the latter constitutes the bulk of STEVE’S audience. And off topic material imposed upon them is especially off target considering their demographics. STEVE’S frequent self indulging tangents typically resemble “GUY TALK” _the sort of thing a guy would say to his buddies (=his peers) while relaxing & shooting the bull, essentially saying any dam thing that pops into his mind, not giving a second thought to who else might be within ear shot off of his remarks.
    Unfortunatelly for STEVE, the very audience he has off his radar & is the least concerned with is actually his primary audience.***

A few weeks back, STEVE indulged in lecturing his audience over
    the practice he termed “skimming,” as much as owning up to the fact that trying to skip through his blog to avoid what one is NOT interested nor amused in reading comes at the risk of missing some key pieces of information his readers come to him for.

Pardon my bluntness, STEVE, but the fact is that w/the exception of fan club members & circle of friends, your audience is not the
    least interested in learning about the man behind the blog. Instead, their interest in your blog is topical in nature. And since you fail to give your readers the option to read a version of your blog reasonably within those parameters. Instead forcing them to read material ranging from dull to annoying & from offensive to creepy to them, you STEVE are guilty of what is termed “audience betrayal.”

And that is such a waste, considering your impressive talents as a sleuth (=fact finder & fact checker). And the sad part is it does not have to be this way especially since you are sitting in a gold mine (=the feed back you get from your kind, tolerant & well intentioned audience _myself included). My intent here is not to tear down but point a talented fellow in the direction of the respect & recognition from the media which up to now keeps eluding him.

;O)~

34. nesral

July 17, 2010 at 3:55 AM

reel-nut – how about you DON’T read Steve’s blog?! No one – especially steve – is ‘forcing’ you to read this stuff. what is wrong with you?

as for the info you’re dishing out steve – i too don’t understand why you don’t own up to a mistake right away? why wait to tell us your mistake till the end of the season?? you never wait to tell us information when its ‘accurate’, why can’t you tell us right away when it is ‘inaccurate’? are you afraid of ruining your rep and we don’t read anymore? since a lot of what you write is true, i am sure people will still read since people love gossip. i think you should just own up to what you misinformed us about. who cares. kinda lame.

35. finerthings

July 17, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Reel-nut,

Hi, honey-baby-bear. You obviously have no fracking idea what you’re talking about, so I’ll try to be gentle.

Have you read…things before? Blogs? Opinion pieces? Articles?

Cuz if you have, you’ll know that the absolute BEST thing an author can do in these situations is bring their personality and their personal life into the piece. We don’t want a list of cold hard facts, that would be boring and scientific. We want a person and a conversation which is what Steve gives us and why we continue to come back to the site. This is like…Writing 101, babe.

Audience betrayal? LMFAO

36. Nell

July 17, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Steve needs to update more often. Other blogs do.

37. finerthings

July 17, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Nell,

I do agree with that. Once a day wouldn’t be a bad thing.

38. LittnOne

July 17, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Question for anyone/RS:

Here’s what the colum says: “Because Frank is not appearing on the “Men Tell All” this Saturday has nothing to do with it’s because he appears in the finale. Don’t know where anyone got that idea. I understand that’s what happened with Reid, but this is different. Frank does not appear in the finale. Why are they bringing him to the “ATFR” taping? Probably just to make it more interesting. I guess since Ali barely talks to the guys at the “Men Tell All” and Frank was such a big part of this season, I guess they figured his storyline needs to play out a little more with Ali and I’m guessing they will have their 1-on-1 time on stage.”…”

So if I understand the column in the first place TMTA is taped today (Saturday)? But RS already knows Ali barely talks to the guys….. how’s that, if it wasn’t taped before this was written.

Did I miss the timeline? LO

39. Lucetto

July 18, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Hey everybody, just wondering if Reality Steve has any information on Big Brother ?
    The men tell all, will it air next week ?
    thanks for the info !!

40. sparkly

July 19, 2010 at 4:14 PM

@LittnOne, i think what RS meant by that statement is that it is typical at the “tell all” shows that the bachelor/ette does not spend much time interacting with the contestants, on or off stage. he was assuming that that would be the case for this “tell all” taping, and apparently it was.