The Bachelorette 6 - Ali

A Whole Lotta’ Nothin’ at the “Men Tell All” Taping… – 7/18/10

Well, I said I would try to report last night if there was any breaking, important news from the “Men Tell All”. There wasn’t. Here are the notes I’ve gathered from my sources regarding things that did happen:

-Jessica and Kimberly did not show up. As of late last week, they were set to go and pile on Justin. Something went down, but the producers changed their mind last minute and decided not to have the girls on. Don’t know why, and honestly, don’t care at this point. I’m glad they didn’t go.

-Justin did not show up as he’s stated he wouldn’t. There is more to his story than what was shown, he felt betrayed, and he didn’t want to help them in any way, so he didn’t show up. So neither of the final three (Frank, Chris, Roberto) were there, nor was Justin, Jessica, or Kimberly.

-Jessie Sulidis was there but was just brought up on stage briefly to talk about what she knew about Justin. Considering she didn’t even know the guy before Jessica called her, I have no idea what Jessie could’ve said about the guy that’s first hand.

-Kasey and Kirk were the only two called up to the hot seat. Kasey sang another song for Ali, everyone laughed and Ali thought it was funny. The weatherman was picked on again for his “dangerous” comment about Craig, and Craig called some guys out on the show. Seriously, a whole lot of nothing. Man that episode is gonna suck.

-There was a red carpet afterparty that many former contestants were invited to. A lot of “Bachelor Pad” stuff, cameras rolled (I’m guessing they’ll show a lot of footage from the party on the MTA episode since, well, not much else happened), a lot of drinking, and I’m sure a lot of hooking up. Honestly, since most of them have seen the insides of each other’s mouths at this point, it’s not even a big deal anymore when I hear who hooked up with who. I’ve become immune to it at this point because I expect it. Put it this way: It’s actually news when all these former contestants get together and people DON’T hook up.

-No news to report with Ali. She did appear at the “Men Tell All”, fielded a few questions, but then was whisked off stage, didn’t shoot the sh** with the guys backstage or anything, and definitely wasn’t at the afterparty. Typical of seasons past. Ali was not asked anything regards to the finale while she was on stage. No “Are you happy?”, or “What’s your status?”, or “Are you engaged?” Nothing. They didn’t even show any footage from the finale either. Two weeks away from the finale, and we’ve yet to see any footage of Ali at her final rose ceremony, unless something happened to air on a promo on ABC over the weekend and I missed it.

-However, as for US Weekly’s claim this week that backs their story from two weeks ago which says Ali is engaged, once again, it’s in how they word it. The headline says “Bachelorette Ali: ‘I’m Confident I Picked the Right Guy’.” But when you read the story, her quote is “I’m just confident in the decisions I’ve made.” So all they’re doing is using the headline to lure you in. IF Ali were to be engaged, the last people she’s gonna break it to is a tabloid. Remember, US Weekly are the ones reporting Ali is engaged, not Ali herself. Big difference.

-The other line from the article that’s laughable is this: “The reality star admitted that she’s anxious to step out with her husband-to-be once the finale airs. ‘I’m sort of in a limbo phase in my life right now…I’m really looking forward to everything sort of wrapping up!'” Ummmm, where in her quote does it say she’s anxious to step out with her husband-to-be? She says she’s looking forward to “everything sort of wrapping up”, not, “I cannot wait to show my husband to everyone.” Once again, I’m not putting much stock into what they’re reporting. These are the same people who reported Ali and Roberto knew each other before the show started, and their only proof was because when she was 18, Roberto played baseball one town over from where she lived, and a “source” said there was a blonde who always used to cheer Roberto on that looked like Ali. Might be the worst story they’ve ever ran. That’s your evidence? Really? Embarrassing.

Any questions, comments, emails, praises, criticisms, feel free to reach me at any of my information listed in the “Contact Me” link at the top of the page. See you Tuesday…

1. Nell

July 18, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Bachelorette is boring, BigBrother is Boring, everything is boring right now. Does this mean I need to start up a hobby? dammit.

2. IrishCdnDebs

July 18, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Thanks for the update Steve, such as it was!

3. Lucetto

July 18, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Steve, just wondering how you knew last week that Justin wasnt going to be on saturdays night live taping ????

4. LittnOne

July 18, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Just wonderin’ how you knew Ali barely talks to the guys, if it didn’t tape until Saturday? Was it taped a week ago, Saturday?

5. peppernsalt

July 19, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Justin said he wasn’t going to be on Saturday night’s taping, and I think Steve assumed that Ali was barely going to talk to the guys from previous seasons where the bachelorettes barely talked to them.

6. mja

July 19, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Wow, the shortest RS post that I can recall — still, looking forward to the update tomorrow.

7. Tammy

July 19, 2010 at 10:44 AM

any thoughts to the new rumor that Ali chooses Roberto at a separate rose ceremony?

8. riley24

July 19, 2010 at 4:47 PM

I haven’t read much about this….What was Ali’s reaction when she learned the producers made Frank do several episode after he told them about Nicole? Isn’t Ali more furious at the producers then she is at Frank for making a fool out of her? Or was Ali in on this all along and the whole show is a fake?

9. hoosierem

July 19, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Hey RS, long-time lurker here. I heard a rumor that Roberto recently registered as an insurance agent in CA…what do you you make of that? Do you (a) call BS on the entire rumor, (b) think he moved out there to ride the fame train, or (c) think he moved out there because he’s with Ali?

10. Lucetto

July 19, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Hey Reality Steve,I thought there wasnt going to be a rose ceremony tonight !!!!! Did you see when Frank said I want to talk to Chris before cause he knows whats going on and he can help me find a way to tell Ali, but then when Chris got there, Frank made it look like it was the first time he was talking about Nicole to him, whats up with that ? Did Chris know or did he not know ??

11. Lucetto

July 19, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Oh ya I forgot, poor Nicole if I was her, seeing her boyfriend cry for another woman on national tv, come on, I would not stay with him !!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. vegasrobbie

July 19, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I think the show is interesting, and I do watch it…but season after season, what goes on in these episodes is absurd beyond description….and, for amateur actors, they all do a pretty good job. Let’s see….Ali has spent the show telling Roberto AND Chris that she can see herself spending the rest of her life with them, and then is supposedly devastated when “great guy no. 3,” Frank, tells her he has a girlfriend? Are you kidding me? Ok, Frank has one girl on the “side,” but Ali has two guys….and she’s devastated? Hahahahaha…if this truly is the “reality” show it purports to be, Ali would have told Frank…”It’s ok…I’m in love with another guy here, so I wish you all the best with your life.” Oops!!!!!!!!!! But that would remove 25 minutes of fake “reality” drama from the show.

13. MindyM

July 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM

I don’t buy one bit of what I saw or heard when Frank went to see Nicole in Chicago! Not for one minute! How on earth could that woman sit there and listen to this idiot ramble on about how he had this great connection with this girl, blah, blah, blah and not want to just hit him over the head with a lampshade? Come on!

This girl had to know beforehand how this was all going to go down. Otherwise, I can’t see her sitting there without throwing up all over Frank and then kicking him out the door. She looked beyond annoyed when he was singing Ali’s praises. Then he does a complete u-turn and now it’s all about Nicole. But he has to be sure that she wants him, too, right? I think that Nicole knew prior to taping that Frank was coming back. I am not even sure now that they ever really did break up.

This show could make a skeptic out of the most trusting person. I don’t believe one word of what I hear in these clumsily staged scenes. I have no idea why Frank went on this show, however, I am fairly confident that it had nothing to do with finding true love. This guy is no more ready to settle down and get married than the man in the moon.

What really bothers me is that Ali has two incredible guys in Chris and Roberto. While Roberto is my personal favorite, I also think Chris is a wonderful guy. They are head and shoulders above a nerdy jerk like Frank, who doesn’t even have his head screwed on straight! Maybe he went on the show to try to make some connections and become a Hollywood screenwriter. Yeah, right! Well, at least he would have a real job and be able to move out of his parent’s house! I do not know what Ali saw in him, but it was hard to feel too bad for her, knowing that she doesn’t pick anyone.

I wonder if Chris and Roberto will feel that Frank was the smart one for bolting and running back to his ex. These two guys can do SO much better than silly Ali. I am sure they won’t be lonely, as women will be falling all over them after the show. I think they are two of the classiest guys to make the final two.

14. JustJenna

July 20, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Hey Steve, I too noticed that those US Weekly articles say nothing in there very misleading headlines. Your track record is flawless, so I believe Ali doesn’t choose anyone… I just hope that Chris L isn’t crushed. He really does seem to be in love.

15. SherryfromD

July 20, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Steve said: “Two weeks away from the finale, and we’ve yet to see any footage of Ali at her final rose ceremony”. Isn’t the shot of Ali in the yellow dress outside from the final rose cermony? I know they showed it last night in the previews, but they’ve also showed it before right?

16. purejoy

July 20, 2010 at 2:48 PM

ali. you on national tv, gurrrl. dye your roots. seriously!
    enough with the hyena laugh. or the sniffling snot. gurrrl. you on national tv!
    frank. whiney and annoying. nicole: run for your life.
    chris. mention your deceased mom again. please. i forgot she passed away. not to be heartless here, but enoughalready!!
    roberto. mmmm. you’re hawt. but that’s about it. zzzz
    i don’t know if it’s because i know what’s happening, but i am bored out of my gourd. this is the most contrived drivel i’ve ever seen… and yet i rant like someone’s holding a gun to my head and making me watch it! ha!
    no chemistry this season. none. zzzzzz

17. reallife

July 20, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Steve, did you write this also in another season?

If you say, “Well no, because he wasn’t honest with her. He should’ve told her that right when he first started thinking he wanted to be with his Molly.” If they would’ve let him, he would’ve. He wasn’t allowed to. If you say, “Well, why did he wait until ATFR” Again, I’ll tell you that it wasn’t his choice. He has no say in something like that. It was great, dramatic television last night, and that’s exactly what they wanted. And the fact he’s still together with Molly right now seems to me the guy made the right decision. But lets say the guy ends up marrying her someday, you still gonna hate him for leaving Melissa when he did? Of course you won’t. Hell, when they tape the Wedding, I’m sure Melissa’s over it too. I can’t imagine after the fact, and knowing he’s still with Molly, that Melissa is still pining for him. Jason chose Molly and broke up with Melissa. End of story. Who am I to tell him he’s an idiot? The guy would rather go with the sure thing than try some phony relationship on a show where it basically never works out between the final couple. Do you blame him?

18. reallife

July 20, 2010 at 3:34 PM

My comment above should have gone under today’s blog – 7/20 …. oh well….

19. aliensoup

July 23, 2010 at 1:49 PM

If Ali chooses no one, she’ll certainly have a new California fan. The California DOI shows that Roberto, as of 07/2010 is now non-resident producer in Cal. FINRA also shows that Roberto’s SRO was updated to practice in Sunny California (07/2010) in addition to his previous South Carolina producer status. Sounds like Roberto will be getting his whack at earthquake insurance and most likely selling Ali a few policies as well…