The Bachelorette 6 - Ali

What Happens in the Finale and What Happened to the E! Special – 8/2/10

Man, this show is doing everything they can to keep tonight’s finale and ATFR under wraps. They obviously didn’t care about every little detail of their season spoiled two weeks before the first episode aired, but they are guarding the finale’s outcome like Kasey guards and protects women’s hearts. After the stunt ABC pulled this weekend by telling E! to get me off of the “Bachelor: Then and Now” special, the only retaliation I have is to keep ruining their show’s surprises. And that’s what I’m gonna do right now by telling you what I know about tonight’s finale. More on the E! special later on this column. Here’s what I know:

So for the first time in a year, my sources failed me. They actually called to apologize for jumping the gun on the “Ali is single” stuff. They said that through all the information they had gathered and heard, the only conclusion they could come to was that Ali was single. They were wrong. They apologize, and I apologize. When they’re wrong, I’m wrong. But that’s ok. I’ve been wrong for the last six weeks in telling you that she’s single. As long as you know what’s gonna happen in the finale before it airs, that’s all I care about. They tried to keep this as hidden as they could, and I will give them credit, they were awfully good about it this season. It took me a month to even get to the “She’s either with Roberto or she’s single” conclusion, which I printed in June. Then three days later I went with “She’s single”. That is not the case.

You know this “shocking ending” and “something we’ve never seen before in the finale” they’ve been talking about? They were never talking about the actual outcome of the show – an engagement, single, dating, etc. What they’re talking about is Chris Lambton never makes it to the final rose ceremony. Hence the reason we’ve never seen footage of Roberto and/or Chris at the final rose ceremony standing there with Ali. They never had any footage of Chris, so if they only showed Roberto there with her, that would’ve given it away. Ali tells Chris during their last chance date that Roberto is the one she’s in love with. She doesn’t want to hurt him by having him go through all the pomp and circumstance of walking up there, possibly proposing, yada yada yada, so she eliminates him right then and there, and Chris is never part of the final rose ceremony. She basically puts all her eggs in one basket in hopes that Roberto reciprocates her feelings. That’s the “risk” she is talking about.

The rest is where it gets tricky. They’re going to make it seem like Roberto is indecisive, he doesn’t know what to do, he’s not sure of his feelings for Ali, etc. Basically all these “doom and gloom” promos ABC has been running the last week making you think it’s such a horrible ending for every party involved. However, in the end, Ali and Roberto are together, they are happy, and they are planning a life together – whatever that means. They left Bora Bora an engaged couple and are still together right now. I am sorry for reporting for the last month she was single. You know who else were planning a life together on this show? Every other couple that left this show engaged and happy. So once again, I will say what I say every season regarding the ending of this show and people will inevitably ask me, “Do you think Ali and Roberto will get married?” My answer: I’ll believe it when I see it. Two marriages out of twenty seasons tells me otherwise. But hey, good luck kids. I’ll set the over/under at six months for these two. And take the under.

So yes, the sources were wrong for the last month, but they came through for me in the last hours. It’s been funny reading all this “Did Reality Steve Get Fleissed” nonsense over the last couple weeks. People thinking they’ve figured me out and know who my sources are so they shut them up. Uhhh, not quite. If they knew who my sources were, then how would I have gotten the information I just gave you? All this information was given to me since about 8:00 last night. All they did was just do a better job of keeping a lid on the ending. They certainly had no idea who was feeding me every other detail about the season. But when next season rolls around, and I spoil that again, it’ll prove they haven’t stopped me from doing anything. This was a minor bump in the road. The thing is, I don’t know why ABC and Fleiss and Co. wanted to keep this such a big secret. People were going to watch anyway whether that got out or not. But going to all these lengths to make sure no one knew Ali and Roberto are together seems kind of odd. The ratings were huge this season. If they would’ve promoted happiness from the beginning, maybe they would’ve gotten even more viewers. I don’t quite understand their logic, but then again, this is the same bunch of idiots who strong armed another network and had me taken off a show they didn’t produce themselves. So I guess I shouldn’t put anything past them.

As for the “After the Final Rose”, nothing of much significance happens there. It was filmed on a closed set last week, and I’m sure Ali just talks to Chris and tells him about her feelings, etc. Ali and Roberto come out happy together, talk about wedding plans and what they’re thinking about, and that’s that. Frank was not a part of it as I told you he wouldn’t be. I know nothing about what happened at that ATFR taping, but considering what we now know about the outcome of the show, it should be pretty standard.

-It was announced yesterday that the new cast of “Dancing with the Stars” would be announced on Aug. 30th during the 4th episode of “Bachelor Pad”. The only other time DWTS has announced their cast during something relating to the “Bachelor/ette” franchise, was last season during Jake and Vienna’s “After the Final Rose” show that Jake would be a contestant. So I don’t think it’s too hard to conclude that there will be someone from this franchise next season on DWTS. I can tell you that Ali and Roberto have both been asked to be on DWTS next season. I’m guessing they will both accept. That’s going to be the worst kept secret for the next 28 days.

-As for the next “Bachelor”, 100% confirmed it is Chris Lambton’s gig IF he wants it. No word yet on whether he’s officially agreed, but c’mon, the way the show will set up his exit as the guy everyone in America will feel sorry for, it’s the perfect set up leading into next season. He and the show both know America has pretty much fallen in love with him, I can’t imagine him passing this up. Same thing I say for everyone who is the “Bachelor” or “Bachelorette”: Who wouldn’t want a two month vacation to date a bunch of good looking people and go on dates you’d probably never experience in your whole life? Not to mention get paid six figures to do so. I say you can pretty much mark it down Chris is going to be the next “Bachelor”.

1. Lauren

August 2, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Steve, Seriously, WAY TO GO!!! I was able to see the ‘original’ E! special. I’m so glad there is someone out there (you) who can still make a difference and report the truth and not succumb to the poers that be that now exist in so many realms keeping people quiet. Great JOB!!

2. audreyb2

August 2, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I taped and watched the original night’s E! Special with you on it. I was pleasantly surprised at how much air-time you got, and very surprised by how much I enjoyed the one-hour program. I don’t think you said anything offensive about the franchise at all, and it’s ridiculous that you have been since edited out.

As for your revelation about tonight’s finale, I hope you are correct, and I think Ali made the right decision on both counts — choosing Roberto for herself, and letting Chris go with a soft landing. To have Ali choose Roberto, and then hopefully have Chris return as the next Bachelor, is a win-win for everyone!

3. Nobody

August 2, 2010 at 12:03 PM

So, if Ali and Roberto were to have children, would the kids have catepillar eyebrows like Roberto? That would be too funny. Too bad they’ll never make it to the altar.

4. dr8834

August 2, 2010 at 12:08 PM

You know what bothers people Steve? It’s that you are on a personal vendetta with MF and ABC and dragging everyone that just wants to enjoy a monday night watching a show and be surprised every now and then. It’s no fun to go watch a movie if you know the whole plot. Spoilers are cool but getting to know the ending before knowing and making up your own mind about the character is not. Chill, and if you knew this info at 8PM last night why didn’t you let people know then? Obviously other people’s sources worked faster than yours.

I don’t mean to put you down, but dude, chill out!

5. kajumajo4

August 2, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Thanks for your honesty, Steve. It’s nice to know someone out there is on the level. Damn, wish I was single and willing to move to Texas! You seem like a good guy.

6. reagak

August 2, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Sheesh. Instead of trying to stop you, they should be thanking you for helping to raise the ratings on their show. Let’s face it; many people only watch the show because of your blog.

7. Maybaybie

August 2, 2010 at 12:19 PM

I saw you on the original airing Steve and I thought it was great. I can’t believe they edited you out for basically saying absolutely nothing incriminating- how ridiculous. Good job!

8. Jeanie

August 2, 2010 at 12:19 PM

E! taking you out of the special should show everyone just how much ABC actually pays attention to you and you should consider it a great compliment.
    But, wow! Your sources were wrong this season…but you did man up and admit it, so there’s no hard feelings. Once again, it just shows that someone is working really hard at trying to stop you.

9. kfran

August 2, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Knew she picked someone- too obvious from the radio interviews with her brother, Mike, & one Ali did this morning w/Mojo out of Detroit.

Hope CL does not do TB.

As far as RS & his spoilers- People if you don’t want to know- don’t read! This is a blog about spoiling “reality” shows- don’t come here if you don’t want to know- so easy!

10. gagrl

August 2, 2010 at 12:19 PM

I am glad Ali let Chris L. go before the embarrassing ceremony. He is too nice of a guy and this makes me like her more!

I watched to 10 pm E Special and thought you did a good job…ABC definitely has a problem with you…

Keep it up, RS! Love your humor!

11. MindyM

August 2, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but FORT beat Steve to the scoop about the ending. I have been tracking both sites since the weekend. I was watching Steve’s twitters and checking on FORT to see if anyone had the scoop. Before Steve was able to post this, someone on FORT confirmed what one of their posters had already revealed about the ending. So someone else must have sources, too!

What I don’t understand is, if Steve knew this information since 8:00 last night, then why wait? Now the FORTers are bragging that they scooped Steve!

I actually thought that we might just be surprised for once. It seemed as though all we would have were possible scenarios for the FRC. On the ABC site, there were all the rumors and speculation. I have been hearing for some days now that Chris was let go before the FRC. That was Ali “breaking the rules”. This was the thing that never happened before in the history of the show. The info that Steve revealed has been out there, posted on FORT, but was not confirmed until just a short while ago when a longtime FORT poster was able to finally get definite confirmation for the other poster’s info.

As far as the E! special, well, I saw the original broadcast with Steve. I actually recorded it, but didn’t save it after I watched it. I did not bother to watch any of the reruns, because I had already seen it. Then I came on here and read the twitters saying that Steve was edited out of the show. I assumed that ABC must have pressured E! to take him out. It’s kind of rude that E! didn’t at least have the courtesy to let Steve know, but that’s the way it goes in showbiz, I guess.

So the bottom line is that Steve isn’t the only one who has “sources”. I have no idea how this person on FORT got the info, but it’s been on there for days. It’s just that no one would take it as fact without specific confirmation and verification. That happenen before Steve posted this blog.

I am really shocked and surprised by the ending. I honestly didn’t know what to think, with the endless rumors, gossip and incessant talk all over the internet and gossip mags. I just decided to let it go and accept the outcome. I prepared myself for Ali being single, as Steve originally reported. That was how I approached watching tonight’s show. All I wanted was for everyone to be happy. This is one time when this crummy show actually had a final two that were actually worthy of being there. I knew it was a win-win situation for Ali. When I think about some of the people who have reached the final two, all I can say is that these two guys are a breath of fresh air.

I think a lot of Chris fans are worrying about how he will handle being rejected. I have believed all along that he would be fine. Seeing his mother die too young is what real loss is all about. Losing out on Ali is disappointing, but not shattering. When you experience a real tragedy, real loss and heartache, then you are able to handle the other things that come along as part of life. Chris has a wonderful family who give him all the support he could possible ever need. He has captured the hearts of so many fans and should be a shoo-in for the next Bachelor, if he wants it.

It was my belief that no matter what happened, both Roberto and Chris would find love. If Ali wanted to be single and was happy, then that was fine with me. I no longer impose my own personal favorite on the Bachelor or Bachelorette. It’s not my life. They are the ones who have to be happy with their choice. I think that I kind of in shock after finally hearing the news for sure. It seemed too good to be true that Ali and Roberto would be together in the end. As far as I am concerned, their connection was obvious from the beginning. She seemed head over heels for Roberto. Who could blame her? Many said that they just had a physical attraction, but I thought it was much more than that.

I honestly hope that these two will triumph over the odds and make it to the altar. I also commend Steve for being upfront and saying that he and his sources were wrong. But it would appear that he has competition when it comes to the secret sources.

12. Caroll

August 2, 2010 at 12:21 PM

To “dr8834” and all other complainers: If you don’t like the heat, get out of the kitchen. In other words DON’T READ THE SPOILERS IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW THE RESULTS. It’s a free country. FREEDOM OF SPEECH. So the people like me who enjoy knowing what’s really going on can read the spoilers and the people like you who want to live in Lala Land and believe everything The Bachelor/ette and Chris Harrison tell them HAVE A CHOICE! No one has a gun to your head. You’re the one who needs to “chill out!”

13. luvjustis

August 2, 2010 at 12:23 PM

FYI, if you watch the newly edited version with closed captioning, the text is still from the original show. It’s very creepy to see just how much the replacement is basically plagiarizing your comments. Congratulations for successfully screwing them in the end (figuratively).

14. Karen

August 2, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I went back and found where RS put up the confirmation that Ali is single….June 23rd.
    ___________________________________________________________
    Now I have absolute 100% confirmation that Ali is single. She chose no one. Don’t know who came out of the limo first, don’t know if either of the guys proposed, don’t know what she said to them. All I know is Ali did not choose either Roberto or Chris and is single. I knew my sources would come through for me.
    _____________________________________________________________
    This makes me sad that RS was wrong!!!

15. mja

August 2, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Telling Chris ahead of time was good of Ali, I think. But, that just totally ruins the suspense (for those who want to be in suspense at the Final Rose show). ABC won’t be able to let that happen again, will they?

By the way, I see that ABC has a new chief of their Entertainment Division after the previous guy resigned. I don’t suppose this will mark any changes in the Bachelor/ette franchise, but you never know!

I’m so glad I watched the first showing of the E! program about the Bachelor franchise. Since I hadn’t seen the others I just found out that Steve was edited out by reading this blog post. Yes, Steve, it would have been better if E! had told you about this .. but they seem more interested in pleasing ABC, a large broadcast network with whom they probably need to maintain good relations in order to have access to some of the talent from their other shows.

Ali and Roberto on DWTS? Well, it’s probably better than Lindsay Lohan, who Carrie Ann Inaba just said would be her top pick for the show. I think Lindsay may be on the show this fall as well.

16. Fassero

August 2, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Steve – let’s face it. You blew it. Yeah, in the big scheme of things, who cares? But you did. You didn’t even just say you’re pretty sure Ali was single – you said you were “100%” sure. Your mistake was conveying that amount of confidence despite not having any reliable information on what exactly takes place in the finale. Had you just said back then something like “Well, I really don’t have enough information on the finale but the scales tilt toward Ali being single”, you could have saved yourself a major mea culpa. It’s not like you have a half million paid subscribers who live and die off what you say. You could have been more defensive and you know that. And yes, you made one mistake but hit many points dead on the money. But, dude, it’s like the World Series – if the team won 110 games during the season and cruised through the pennant series but lost the grand finale, practically nobody will remember what a feat the 110 wins was but they’ll sure remember the going up in smoke at the very end.

Anyway, soldier on. You still do a far better job than pretty much all of that tabloid crap out there.

17. csj316

August 2, 2010 at 1:06 PM

thanks for continuing to provide the most detailed and reliable spoilers for this show. intelligent readers have never been misled by you. sometimes you jump to conclusions, but it’s always clear where you make the leap and we can choose to follow you or not.

based on what you posted this season, it was pretty clear that the actual FRC was more or less a mystery to you. you had the before, you seemed to have the after, but the actual event was unknown.

one need only read with a mind of their own to not feel misled.

team reality steve!

18. suefo64

August 2, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Good for you Steve. Personally, I am so tired of the Bach/ette shows. I don’t watch them… although I do stay up with what’s happening by watching PINT, reading the boards and your website. Clearly after not being able to produce marriages the first few seasons, they made it a show about “drama” with a lot of people in the house (Big Brother or Survivor minus the financial bonus). I say… KEEP IT UP! ABC needs something original.

And lastly… can we STOP recycling Bach/ette????

19. VibeCat

August 2, 2010 at 1:23 PM

First, I have to agree with Carroll – dr8834 and anyone else who doesn’t want to read spoilers, what the hell are you doing here? DON’T READ!!! There, plain and simple. Go read Chris Harrison’s blog, enjoy your fantasy and keep believing that it’s all real. Just quit complaining, because we don’t need to hear it. We’re here because we like the truth.

Glad I recorded the original version of the E! show. It truly sucks that E! didn’t have the balls to tell ABC to go shove it and was so afraid of ABC that they edited him out of the show. Unfrickenbelieveable. Is E! owned by ABC or something? Steve, you did a great job on the show, you weren’t disrespectful or anything. They had no reason to order you out of it except that Fleiss is obviously threatened by you, afraid you are going to “ruin” his precious little show instead of recognizing that you bring MORE viewers. I would have stopped watching a LONG time ago if your blog wasn’t here – and I think a lot of other people would have, too.

I don’t want to be considered one who says you were “Fleissed” Steve, but I was really wondering a couple of weeks ago if it was possible that the jerk was capable of keeping it secret enough that you wouldn’t be able to find out the truth. Not your fault, or that of your sources, but I suppose somehow he did. I would think that since he seems to be obsessed with you (since he had you cut from the E! program its obvious that he is obsessed with you) that he probably made finding a way to keep it away from you a main goal this time.

At any rate, I still think you are the best thing to happen to this series, and as long as you keep on a-bloggin’ it I will be reading here!

20. Miss

August 2, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Wow! This is a lot more exciting then if I were to have not read the spoilers! Watching it with my two sisters, whom do not read the spoilers, is so much fun! Watching their reactions to the show are even more fun then having everything revealed about the show on the same day I watch it! Plus, I like to see everything that I know play out. Thanks reality steve!

21. may_ellen

August 2, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Steve, you did a great job anyway. I like the spoilers, but I don’t mind a little suspense, too. I wasn’t sure if Ali was single, because she just seemed so happy. Every pic and interview I saw, she is beaming. I thought, she sure is happy for a girl who didn’t find her guy. Well, good for her. I remember you said she is either single or with Roberto, so you were almost right!

As for getting under abc’s skin: they deserve it. It kind of disgusts me, the way they manipulate the contestants, to get the show they want. Good for you.

22. jcee4

August 2, 2010 at 2:17 PM

I agree that if people had known there would be a happy ending they might have got more viewers. I, alone, know of 6 people who didn’t watch this season because they thought it wasn’t going to be a happy ending and they didn’t want to waste their time. Oh well. I’m just glad this season is about over…wasn’t my favorite at all!

23. tr

August 2, 2010 at 2:18 PM

wow, thanks for clearing up the airing changes. My sister thought i was crazy, i kept saying “no down in the left it says “Reality Steve” and underneath i think internet blogger but within that short time from East Coast airing to when she saw it in Phoenix- they had wiped out your name. Amazing and that is what gave me the idea to tape the Saturday one. I just couldnt believe no one was talking about it. just shows you how powerful a few are in the industry….I was so excited to for you to get some airtime and thought you did great. Congrats anyway because you just opened the can of worms again on them for tonight and I love it… people need to read beyond what is fed to them, its the same across the board with politics, economy,etc and I love to get away from all that to this mindless addictive fun stuff!! hey what a great relief from REAL STRESS!!!

24. jkgromero

August 2, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Good job Steve! Keep it up. Shame on E! for folding to the superpowers of ABC. ABC clearly doesn’t want you to pick up more readers as a result of E! because they know that they won’t be able to stop your sources from talking.

The funny thing is . . . who cares if you have spoiler info? People who don’t want to read it don’t have to and the people who love spoilers will find them somewhere, so why does ABC care? So stupid . . .

And my final comment is this – anyone who watches these shows regularly can pick out the top 5 or 6 after watching one or two episodes because ABC edits them pretty much the same way every season. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see what’s coming each season. So, here’s an idea, ABC: try shaking up your format a bit and maybe spoilers won’t be quite so appealing to those of us who like them.

25. lalala

August 2, 2010 at 2:27 PM

who cares if Steve was wrong about ONE thing? He’s funny as hell and I always want to watch the show more because reading his blogs afterwards is hilarious!!

ABC should be happy to have Steve writing blogs. It draws more attention to the show. And many people, such as myself, watch the show so they can read Steve’s commentary after.

Steve is stating the obvious in everything. OF COURSE everything is fake as hell. Hello, what on TV these days is NOT juiced up and dramatized to entice viewers? No one’s going to watch a show without something “scandalous” going on.

If you seriously are that angry that Steve “blew it” (Fassero), then get a life. If it’s really that important to you that you then you honestly need to find a hobby. How was he supposed to know the specific source was inaccurate? And why are people so mad he did not post his updated information earlier? Is your life seriously in ruins now because you were not informed of these results until a few hours later?

On a side note, AWESOME job, Steve! Love reading your blog every week and cracking up! haha

26. mja

August 2, 2010 at 2:29 PM

VibeCat, I was also wondering whether ABC owned the E! network. As far as I can tell, they do not. E! is owned by Comcast, according to the info I can find online.

27. Teresa

August 2, 2010 at 2:36 PM

so funny, I have been saying since the first week of this season that Ali was going to pick Roberto, even after I kept reading that she wasn’t going to pick anyone.

and I really hope Chris L. is not next Bachelor, he seems so boring to me.

28. SixFootBlonde

August 2, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Okay, so now Steve’s average is merely 99% accurate. (The other rags can’t even touch that!) Obviously, he had no reason to think that his sources weren’t solid, and they hadn’t let him down in the past, so he went with it. Unlike other bloggers/mags, he doesn’t just throw stuff up there and see what will stick and then claim “first!”

Love ya, RS… and keep up the great work and please continue exposing the wizard behind “The Bachelor/Bachelorette” curtain for the fraud he his! Loving it that you’re the grain of sand that’s chapping Mike Fleiss’s arse!

29. L.A. Lady

August 2, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I use to work at ABC and ABC/Disney DOES own a chunk of E! (not 100%, but slightly less than a majority)

30. bdette17

August 2, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I think the reason why ABC has been trying a lot harder to keep information hidden from Reality Steve has a lot to do with the fact that, for once, he was wrong… at least concerning the final outcome. They knew that if he made a huge mistake and misled people the entire way, he would probably lose followers. At least this is the only explanation I can come up with, unless they are just jerks only out for their own personal gain, which is probably the case. Anyways, it was not even a big mistake. Anyone would have guessed what Steve did. I know I was 100% convinced Ali would remain single until today. Well, who doesn’t like unexpected surprises, even on a website that is supposed to spoil them. It is kind of ironic. Haha

Thanks Steve for continuing to keep us updated, despite the harsh opposition. I can tell you are an honest guy and any woman would be lucky to have you. 🙂

31. sweetness34

August 2, 2010 at 3:39 PM

E!’s actions in cutting you from the re-aired episodes only adds to your legend.

32. latinlover

August 2, 2010 at 3:48 PM

YAY ROBERTO!! He is the cutest thing to walk across the bachelor/ette’s tv set and I hope they work out!! 🙂 Steve did a good job on the E! special and screw ABC for trying to screw him out of his work, which he’s good at. Anyway, I’m impressed that he got the scoop and now I don’t have to bite my nails the whole episode. I’m so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Caroll

August 2, 2010 at 3:54 PM

The tabloids have been saying that Chris has been out partying every night with the local girls and that Roberto has “disappeared” and was thought to be in California getting a license in his profession to practice there. And as mentioned above Ali has seemed very happy for someone who didn’t find love. So it makes sense that she might have chosen Roberto. So much for Monday morning Quarterbacking!

Also as mentioned above I read Steve’s blogs not just for the spoilers but also for the humor in his descriptions of the televised episodes. No big deal if his information is occasionally off. To his credit he has revealed a lot of the inner workings of the show. That is probably why Fleiss and Harrison are so upset; they think they can fool the viewers forever.

34. bahurupiya

August 2, 2010 at 4:24 PM

So now what will happen is, people who Tivoided the original E! Special feat. Reality Steve will upload it to a torrent site near you, and more people will end up seeing his segments, and reading his blog, and knowing who he is than would have been the case had ABC not insisted his voice and image be replaced.

This, in turn, will spark ‘cui bono?’-askage-driven rumors that Reality Steve is really a Covert ABC Operative, and his blog a Covert “Viral” promotional tool for the network.

The general public will forget all about these exciting developments, however, upon hearing the shocking news that Ali and Roberto have mutually agreed to go their separate ways on their respective journeys in search of love, wish each other the best in all future endeavors, and will always cherish their time together, and remain really good friends, each sure that the other will find a wonderful person who is right for them.

I’ll take the under, too, Steve, and ABC should at least send yo a mug or something. Maybe a hoodie…

35. LynnMJ

August 2, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Uh, Steve, I have mad love for you, but….that’s a pretty big ‘whoops’!! But, happy you let us know before the airing tonight. I can’t wait to watch.

36. dutcheees

August 2, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Sorry Steve, but you’ve lost your cred….In your business you are only as good as your last scoop, and you have benefited greatly [getting props and mentions from many publications] due to your “insider info”. Unfortunately, your “trusted” sources failed you and although you have the new scoop at the 11th hour, you got it wrong all along…They did put one over on you.

37. Da Babe

August 2, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Steve, while you had said you were 100% sure Ali was single, you came through at the end with an OOPS – sorry, incorrect info. Regardless of the oops, I still think you rock!

38. jwells7955

August 2, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Has it ever happened before that the F1 received the first impression rose?

39. May

August 2, 2010 at 9:21 PM

For ABC to pressure E to edit out Steve’s part in the show shows desperation and paranoia on their part.

I am pleasantly surprised that Allie picked Roberto and it was cool to read the last minute spoiler. Steve was still completely on target about all of the other things that happened in each episode leading up until the last hour of the show tonight.

40. SherryfromD

August 2, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Ha….I had it so ingrained in my head that Ali was single that I couldn’t even enjoy watching her with Roberto in the finale bc all I kept thinking was, this is a bunch of BS…they’re not really still together! Then during ATFR, I was all confused when she still had the ring on and said she was still with him. I guess I definitely take RS as gospel!

41. meeshmeesh

August 2, 2010 at 10:42 PM

My favorite part of tonight – the “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” montage. WHY?????

42. jessica1

August 3, 2010 at 12:53 AM

I love a good conspiracy theory and here is what I’ve wondered about Fleiss. Clearly, they can semi-creatively manipulate a storyline. And I suspect it would give Fleiss & Co a giggle to “stick-it” to Steve by feeding him misinformation.

But what if their real intent is to flush out the sources that Steve relies on? What if Fleiss has a small group of co-conspirators (Ali being one of them) that helped create this false storyline. And what if they intentionally told the truth to only certain people in the crew & production group, to see at what point Steve finally got the correct storyline? You know, tell these 10 people on Fri, then 10 on Sun., etc. It would narrow down the number of suspects.

I mean, they may be annoyed by Steve but I think most would be more pissed at the insider who has loose lips. The fact that Steve has a successful blog only confirms the validity of their formula – he watches, we all watched. For whatever perverse reason…. we watch! =)

And I recently discovered my neighbor is related to a producer on the show – might be time for me to develop a “source”! Just kidding.

As to the show, didn’t Chris lose weight btw the islands and ATFR?!?! Poor pooksie, I wanted to hug him.

43. djstu911

August 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM

meeshmeesh, that was a bizarre montage. This is a hilarious recap that my friend wrote: http://gettoourgame.blogspot.com/2010/08/bachelorette-finale-retroactive.html

44. YYC

August 3, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Reality Steve,

Congrats for getting as much attention as you did, but your gig is pretty much over, along with your credibility. I guess you can blame your ‘sources.’

You’ll be yesterday’s news in about 6 months…

45. maggie312

August 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I love reading your blog and will continue to do so, but boy, this was much bigger than an “oops, sorry” situation. You bragged and gloated for well over a month about spoiling the ending. You went so far as to torment and taunt Fliess. And yes, it DOES matter that you only got the ‘real’ ending told to you in a matter of hours before the episode aired…when, let’s face, half of the press and half of the talkshows in L.A. had already interviewed the Ali and Roberto….the story was out WAY before you figured out you were wrong.

That being said, you’re a funny guy and I will still read your blog 😉

46. alisonrw

August 3, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I agree that it sucks E! cut RS out of the show, but wake up people…ABC and E! are owned by the same company. They have to protect their own interests, and one cable show means less to Walt Disney Company than ABC does. Disney owns 35% of E!. Remember, you must not bite the hand that feeds you.

47. mel7433

August 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM

That is weird. I happened to be watching TV last week, and came upon the E show you were talking about….Turned it on out of curiousity, and it was the one with you. I don’t think it was Wednesday night, hmmmm.
    I thought you were great – Oughtta do more TV 🙂

As for the finale – I thought it was cool that we thought she ended up single, and were wrong!

48. josie

August 3, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Yo Steve.

At least you got the spoilers in before the finale aired. I actually did get a chance to read them before I watched and it was certainly worth it. It irks me, of course, that an annoying, mundane plain-looking white chick like Ali ends up with a God like Roberto, but such is the world. Even the most heinous among us deserve love. She just struck gold. That man is loyal, sexy, respectful and fantastic. He oozes it.

Not gonna lie, but you did lose mad credibility for being so assertive with respect to Ali being single. You kept repeating it and mocking any alternative views. But then you probably had no reason to suspect your sources got screwed with bad information. But I guess you learned a lesson and probably won’t make that mistake again. It won’t lose you any loyal fans, and everyone will no doubt get over it.

Sucks that E did you dirty like that. I didn’t catch the original, but I agree with the comment above. It adds to your legend. Surely, a special VIP room awaits you in heaven for all your hard spoiler work on Earth. Isn’t it great when life has a meaning? I’m just playin, man. I can’t wait for your recap from last night’s show. Post it, buddy. I bet it’s going to be hilarious as ever. There is no finality to this show until your final thoughts appear.

Best of luck, and F. Fleiss. That mofo is the creepiest, most misogynistic bastard on tv. And damn if he isn’t ugly. I bet he watches the show and whacks off in the corner. Nasty, nasty.

49. jlm1735

August 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM

is anyone else tired of Reality Steve’s arrogance? Don’t get me wrong, I love the guy and visit his site quite often. However, maybe what happened with the finale will take him down a notch and make him not so cocky. Yes, you got most things right from the season but clearly you got played with the ending. I am upset with myself because when he said 100% that Ali was single I gave up watching because I didn’t want to see her pick no one in the end and end up liking one or more of the guys. After seeing the awesome finale, I wish I would have watched the whole season.

And the contest to date him? Who does that?

50. josie

August 3, 2010 at 12:10 PM

jlm17blah blah blah,

dude, i totally agree. but i think we should cut RS some slack. he has provided us hours of entertainment with his well-written blogs and hands down, best bachelor recap out there on the internets. he does more for us (i guess i should only speak for myself) than most people we meet on a daily basis–i.e. entertainment-wise. we can’t throw him under the bus now that things aren’t looking so good for him.

i’m not gonna lie, the dating contest was a bad idea, RS. you lost a ton of respect with that, and took a real sharp dive from cool to lame. the lame scale is harsh, man. that’s just how it rolls tho. it’s like going to the boston market and ordering vegetarian. who does that? sorry bro. can’t mix work and pleasure like that tho. but i hope it works out for you, but you don’t sound too appealing to date (no offense) based on your blogs. you come off kind of arrogant and whiny. yes you’re sarcastic and intelligent, but you’ve got a high opinion of yourself and it shows. not good in the dating world. not unless you got the sausage + dollar dollar bills (yo!) to back it up.

with that being said, i feel for you right now so i’m going to stop writing mean things.