The Bachelor 15 - Brad

Who’s Your Favorite Reality TV Star from Dallas?

I tweeted and posted on Facebook yesterday that I was going to have more “Bachelor” news for everyone today. Well, since posting that, I had more information given to me that I want to follow up on first before posting, so that update is gonna come Wednesday. As of right now, I have four new confirmed names of contestants, along with where a couple of the upcoming dates will be filmed. But since I promised it today, I can give you a little something to hold you over. There is going to be a group date this Wednesday night, and Brad will be taking the girls to a taping of Dr. Drew’s “Lovelines” radio show. Don’t know how many are going, or who’s in it, but that is definitely happening this Wednesday. More date information and at least four new contestants names and pictures will be up on Wednesday.

Wanted to tell you about a contest being put on right now by a local magazine here in Dallas, “D” magazine, that I’ve aligned with to help promote. They are doing an NCAA Tournament style 32-person bracket to vote on the “Top Reality Star from Dallas”. There are four 8-person brackets (One all “Bachelor/ette contestants”, one “American Idol”, and two others that incorporate other shows). You can vote once per day, and each week, the person with the most votes will advance to the next round. My role? I’m just giving my thoughts on a few of the contestants. Obviously, I know more about “Bachelor/ette” and “Idol” than I do some of the other shows, so I included commentary on most of those contestants. You can click on the link below, or you can scroll down the right hand column where that link will bring you directly to the brackets.

Couple thoughts on the 1st round: Man, they didn’t do Jeremy and Tanner any favors by pitting them against Peyton and Melissa. Geesh. Peyton is fresh off her “Bachelor Pad” appearance, and now with word that she’s linked to Chris Lambton, even more people probably like her. As for Melissa, well, apparently she’s everyone’s favorite. Tanner’s gonna need to tweet and facebook post this thing everywhere. For his sake, I guess he can hope all of Melissa’s minions don’t own a computer. Or don’t know how to vote.

Jake drew Misty Rake in the first round, who was booted early in Bob’s season. I’m guessing Jake will advance to the 2nd round. I don’t think Misty Rake knows who Misty Rake is. As for the other “Bachelor/ette” first round matchup, Alex Michel vs Heather Cranford, uhhhhhh, your pick is as good as mine. Nice head shot of Alex. That doesn’t make him look the least bit creepy at all.

I should’ve written something about Rob Campos. Totally forgot what an absolute zero he was on “For Love or Money”. He is arguably the worst “lead” ever cast on a reality dating show. And that’s saying a lot considering he has to go up against the likes of Jake Pavelka, Lorenzo Borghese, and Flavor Flav.

Back Wednesday with more “Bachelor” information.

To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. All other ways to get a hold of me are in the “Contact Me” link at the top of the page. As a heads up, my facebook page has been acting up recently, and I wanted to announce that some time in the near future, I’m going to be deleting a lot of people off it. I just get way too much riff raff on there and people carrying on arguments on my wall that it just gets annoying. Everyone can still join my facebook fan page, but I need to cut out a lot of the “friends” on my page since it’s starting to get cluttered and I don’t know about 90% of them. So if you’ve been a friend for a while but I have no idea who you are, I’m sorry. I need to limit it to people I actually know and have had contact with before. Hope you understand. See you Wednesday.

1. my_4_girls

October 4, 2010 at 6:00 PM

tried to go to dmagazine.com & vote, but couldn’t tell who i was voting for b/c the pics/names didn’t load on the right hand column after you click ‘vote for your favorites’…. just showed vote VS vote… and i didn’t dare wanna vote for jake by accident!:)

bummer about fb…. i post comments & use that site daily to keep me up to date on when you post here. if there’s a way i can stay on there, let me know.

keep up the good work, steve!

2. serpephone

October 5, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I can’t believe they put Casey James against Jason Castro! That’s soooo not right! Terry Fator and Kelly Clarkson are no-brainers.

I vote for Kelly to take it all… but, we will see! Have a great day, Steve!

3. mja

October 5, 2010 at 2:52 PM

A bigger question to me is, why has Dallas become the focus of reality contestant recruitment? I’m baffled…. I did live in Dallas for about a year many years ago. It’s a nice place, but didn’t strike me as better than any place else. Is it something in the water?

4. L

October 5, 2010 at 5:07 PM

@serpephone, I agree! Casey and Jason… I love them both! Went with Jason, though. I also think Kelly will win.

5. MistyRake

October 9, 2010 at 7:20 AM

Really?I dont know who I am? I only wrote a gossip column for this paper for 2 years!I never asked to be a part of this braket, or be disrespected by a shitty writer ( Im a journalist myself). But the fact I lost my 20 year old cousin 5 days ago, one that has been all over the news because he lost his life to a car accident the day after he got jerseyed by North Texas, makes you “Reality Steve” look like a piece of shit! While we have been dealing with death, you have been trashing me. And believe me, my co-bachelorretes would never agree to your disrespect!! Pay as much attention to news as you do Reality TV, Because believe me, you say no one knew me, but the most important people, my 24 friends that I made from this show and the other 700, all have been supportive of my loss and hate this bracket, and you Piece of shit!!! Im such a nice person, but I have no clue how you disrespect a person during such a time of loss!!!

6. MistyRake

October 9, 2010 at 8:12 AM

And by the way you bitch, I got the most air time during that entire season!Thats from the mouth of the editor! “Idiot Steve” is what we will call you in the Reality World.

7. samiradeval

October 9, 2010 at 9:00 AM

I can post comments and use of this site every day to keep me updated on whether in this space. if there is any way to stay there, let me know.
    Motorcycle Mirrors

8. motoaavtar

October 13, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I lived in Dallas for about a year several years ago. It is a beautiful place, but seems no better than anyone. Is it something in the water
    Motorcycle Accessories

9. Kaleyeta

October 14, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Misty darling, Chill! Most bachelor fans unfortunately do not remember you, and that is ok I promise. Steve was pointing that out, not attacking your character. About the fact he was not aware of your cousin passing and that makes him a “piece of shit” bahaha yes he follows your life as if it were the bible and he should have been more sensitive to you. Grow up you’re not 15. Sorry for your loss but once again CHILL!

10. xerilagang

October 18, 2010 at 9:48 AM

I am confused …. I do not live in Dallas about a year many years ago. It 's a nice place, but not for me, is better than elsewhere. It 's something in the water

11. zensisjenika

October 26, 2010 at 5:27 AM

Jake’s first round, was eliminated early in the season that Bob drew the misty rack. Jake will advance to Round 2 I’m guessing. I do not think Misty Misty rack knows who rack. Other “Bachelor / ette” as the first-round matchup, Alex Mitchell Heather Cranford vs. uhhhhhh, your choice is as good as mine. Alex a good head shot. Which is not the least bit scary to look at all.
    Hugo Boss Mens Suits

12. josiebourne

October 29, 2010 at 4:49 AM

Most graduate fans unfortunately you do not remember, and that’s fine I promise. Steve was pointing that out, your character is attacked. bahaha yes about the fact that his cousin did not know that about passing him a “piece of shit” and he makes it if it were the Bible you should be sensitive as his after life .
    PaddyPower Bingo