Bachelor Brad Spoilers

All Your “Bachelor” Spoilers for Brad’s Season – 12/8/10

Episode 11: (In South Africa, Emily Maynard vs Chantal O’Brien)

Updated 2/28: Brad is engaged to Emily. Here are the finale details.

-Ricki is definitely not part of the finale. She does not show up in South Africa

-Regular rose ceremony, Chantal does get escorted to the vineyard where she is then unceremoniously dumped by Brad. Don’t know if there was any dry heaving into the bushes like last time. Guess we’ll have to see

-Brad did in fact have Emily’s father fly to South Africa to ask for his permission to marry his daughter. However, this was not filmed and we will not see it. He wanted to do the gentlemanly thing, which I respect. So that answers my question from yesterday about how a guy who’s been so insistent on getting fathers permission could propose without ever having spoken to anyone in her family. Just know he did get permission from her dad but we won’t see it

-Finale plays out as normal: Each girl meets Brad’s family out there, each get a last chance date with him, he rejects Chantal, proposes to Emily, she says yes, and they’re engaged

-Last thing I finally learned: Filming ended Friday, Nov. 19th. Brad and Emily stayed in South Africa a few extra days in a house that they shared with his handler Cassie Lambert and her man Pete Scalettar, who is a producer on the show. Emily was back in Charlotte the day before Thanksgiving

Gonna come back tomorrow and update you on some things going on in the “Bachelor/ette” world, “Bachelor Pad 2”, Twitter accounts, what fame and Hollywood is doing to this show, and the real story behind my hatred for “US Weekly” and how they screwed me last season. You don’t want to miss it. To follow me on Twitter, click here. Email address is steve@realitysteve.com. And you can join my Facebook Fan Page by just doing a search for RealitySteve.com. See you tomorrow.

Page 6 of 6« First...23456

1. luv it

December 8, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Congrats on the scoop! Lets see how many tabloids run with your info. Season sounds a lil dull, but to be expected since they’ve obv run out of ideas

2. Dawn

December 8, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Thanks for the spoilers Steve. Do you have any picks of Chantal?

3. girlygrl517

December 8, 2010 at 7:44 PM

I can’t find anything about Chantal through Google search! I want to know more!

4. RSFMAN

December 8, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Great job, comprehensive and a public service ’cause now I don’t need to bother watching that tired old tire retread.

5. sally885

December 8, 2010 at 8:31 PM

you got me curious, too, re chantal. googled her and couldn’t find her. but found an article about daddy and they spelled her name chantel. with an E.

however, i didn’t see anything using that spelling either.

6. lindsayloort

December 8, 2010 at 9:13 PM

steve,
    to say you’re the best would be the greatest understatement. i can’t wait for the season to start. i always look forward to reading your comical take on the episodes. thanks as always!

7. CaliGirl

December 8, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Thanks Steve! I’ll have to admit, it does sound pretty boring, but I’ll continue to watch anyway just so I can read your funny commentaries. I’m SO tempted to post a link to your site and who wins on WetPaint’s Facebook page but I won’t.

8. scavanau

December 9, 2010 at 2:33 AM

Oh my gosh I’m so excited about reading your column after each show. Now that Train song is in my head and I can’t get it out. Thanks a lot.

9. Montgomerylake

December 9, 2010 at 6:00 AM

Stacey Queripel is also featured on the front cover of the young adult book “Montgomery Lake High #1: The Right Person”, playing the role of main character Courtney Angeletti.

10. heyo

December 9, 2010 at 11:01 PM

I grew up with this girl and her name used to be Chantel Smith back in the day. O’Brien is her stepfather’s name.

11. cathyoneal

December 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM

I have no intention of watching this season. I think Brad Womack is a dick. But I enjoyed looking over your season pre-cap. I’ll be checking the results … although I already know you’re right.

12. samazing

December 17, 2010 at 2:54 PM

I don’t know if this is of any interest to you, but:
    Keltie Colleen once dated the guitarist (Ryan Ross) of Panic! At The Disco. It was a pretty high-profile relationship in the pop world and there are quite a few candid photos of the two available online. And if you’ve ever seen Ryan Ross, you’ll probably agree that Keltie is unlikely to go for a guy like Womack.

13. randais

January 5, 2011 at 5:09 AM

I didn’t hear a knock knock joke.?

14. bahurupiya

January 9, 2011 at 4:07 AM

I totally get that your omission of Madison from the PSA date cast was a simple error, but surely you can understand why you are getting so much flack for it.

You of all people should know there’s no way they’re going to do a segment about donating blood without the vampire girl!

Since she self-eliminates in episode 3, I’m guessing her entire role on the show was negotiated and arranged differently than they did with the rest of the hamsters, I mean contestants.

I think Roberto’s already “gotten out,” for all practical purposes.

Ali said in an interview with some magazine or other that they were “slowing things down.” Which means that the only thing left is working out whether there’ll be an Official Dumper & Dumpee, or if breaking up will be a “mutual decision.” (While for “regular people,” that might indicate that one or both has some passive-agressive tendencies, with Ali and Roberto it probably has more to do with contractual obligations for appearances “as a couple” at one or more events).

Viewing Enhancement Tip: A screen grab of the Bachelor House at Night makes a great background image for Dream Aquarium!

15. randais

January 10, 2011 at 4:01 PM

“-One of the girls tells a knock-knock joke to Brad when she meets him out of the limo. Don’t know which girl it is, but is something along the lines of: (Her): “Knock-knock.” (Brad): “Who’s there?” (Her): “24 women.” (Brad): “24 women who?” (Her): “Exactly.” Which is funny because even on the night they arrived, this girl still didn’t even know there was 30 girls on the show, or else her punchline would’ve been “29 girls”. “…..

didn’t happen?

16. april7th

February 1, 2011 at 2:35 AM

Funny, I think ABC has tipped their hand a little bit re: The Final Two. As of this writing, if you go to Brad’s bio page on ABC.com (http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor/bio/brad-womack/612688), there are pictures of and quotes from two–and only two–of the women. Those women are Chantal O. and Emily.