Reader Emails

Your “Bachelorette” Announcement and More “Reader Emails”

For episode-by-episode spoilers of Brad’s season, click on the link above that says “Bachelor Brad Spoilers” (it’s like, 1″ inch above this sentence. Twice). It has a breakdown of every date, rose, and elimination, all the way down to Brad’s final choice. However, there will be spoilers in this column about Monday’s episode. You’ve been warned.

Since I wasn’t going to sit on this an extra day, I figured I’d do the video blog today with your “Bachelorette” announcement, and also include a few “Reader Emails”. Tomorrow I’ll come back with reaction to the “Bachelorette” announcement and more emails as well. You might wanna prepare yourself for this video because: A) There’s music in it and B) I dance. This could be the greatest thing you’ve ever seen, or, it could good give you side splitting laughter to start out your day. I couldn’t help it. Every time I hear this song, I gotta dance. One of my all time favorites. Ellen would be proud. So enjoy the video, and maybe if enough people come back begging for more, I’ll dance again in future videos. Maybe I can start a craze or something. Here you go:

So yeah, I wouldn’t say it’s all that surprising to hear who it is. When will it officially be announced? I don’t know. I’m guessing they’ll introduce her at the “After the Final Rose” show since taping begins in less than three weeks. She’ll be in LA this weekend for the “Women Tell All” I’ve got no problem with the choice, I really don’t. Although, I still am really curious as to why it’s not Emily, since they pegged her from Day 1. I honestly don’t know why it isn’t. Maybe she’ll come out and say why on the “After the Final Rose” show, or maybe not. But they wanted her and she initially wanted to do it, so I have no idea what happened. We may never know, but I can already tell there will be a lot of disappointed Emily fans that’s for sure. Oh well. I’m guessing Emily doesn’t need this show to find a boyfriend.

We’re gonna start the “Reader Emails” today, then finish up with some more tomorrow considering this is easily the biggest batch I’ve gotten to date. Don’t know why, but my email inbox on Tuesday would not stop filling up. People seemed to have a question every five minutes. So I saved the ones I thought were worthy enough to get re-posted. And yes, of course you will be seeing some of the brain deads back in full force today. Although, one of the more popular themes of the emails you’ll see today and tomorrow is people telling me how EASY it is to navigate the site. Lets get started:

So…are the roses they hand out real, or just really good fake silk ones? And do they prompt the girls to do that really cheesy “mmmmmmm this rose smells so good” face?

Comment: No, they’re real. As they should be. I mean with a budget that this show has, if they couldn’t even bring themselves to give the women real roses, that’d be pretty pathetic. Then again, with all the traveling these women do, I can’t imagine these roses stay fresh. They must just chuck em’ once they’ve moved on to another city. What’s the point in keeping them unless you’re the final one? Seems kinda pointless.
__________________________________________________________________

Do you really believe it when a contestant says they don’t watch the show? Such as in Michelle’s interview from WetPaint.com? I just find this hard to believe.

Comment: Not really. Just like when Wes said the same thing to me back when we did our interview, I knew he didn’t sit there every Monday and dissect all two hours. But he obviously had seen the parts he needed to see about himself to comment on. Same with Michelle. She talks about how she couldn’t watch any of it, yet she’s telling us how she was edited, who she thinks Brad connected with, and knows a lot of important details to have never seen the show. Sure, your friends can fill you in on how you were edited, but this is Michelle Money people. She’s an actress. You don’t think she’s watching herself on TV, especially when friends are probably telling her how the show is portraying her? Please.
__________________________________________________________________

I doubt you need the consolation, but here goes.

Your spoilers are not hard to find, and your blog is not hard to navigate. I really hope I’m not the only one who thinks that.

(When I told this guy “Thanks. I know there’s at least one competent person on this planet”)

He wrote:

I worked as a server/bartender for 8 years, and here’s my theory:

When people are dumb their very first inclination is to blame someone else. I can’t say how many times I brought their food to them and their first response is: “I didn’t order that.” (they did) or “This doesn’t come with that.” (it does) or “This shouldn’t have cheese on it. You may say the menu said it does, but you’re obviously wrong. There’s no way I could have made that mistake.”

I actually envy you. You get to make fun of people for being stupid/ignorant and then being stupid/ignorant enough to try to blame you. There were so many times I wish I could have responded by mocking them, but I wanted their tips. Sucks to be me (fortunately I finally found a real job.)

Comment: Awesome. Might’ve been my most favorite email I’ve received. Could not have said it better myself. I like how I’m the one people blame when my site couldn’t be more easy to navigate. Three posts per page, you’ve got all the archived columns down the right hand side, you’ve got a Calendar that shows each date that I’ve posted something, I talk about where the spoilers are in a BOLD paragraph in the beginning of every single post I’ve written for the last two months. What else do people need? Would they like me to do a video blog of “Reality Steve 101” and explain to them how to navigate my site?

By the way, I’m a huge restaurant guy. And there is nothing worse than people at restaurants who are constantly whining and bitching about service. If your service sucks, tell the manager. No need to embarrass a server or cause a scene just because they put the wrong topping on your baked potato. I’ve never been a server in my life for the sole reason that anyone who gave me lip for a screw up that I made would probably get food dropped in their lap. Purposely. Serving has to be one of the more thankless jobs in America. I feel for those people sometimes.
__________________________________________________________________

1. Moogan21

February 24, 2011 at 7:11 AM

AHHH! work has blocked out youtube.. does Steve actually announce the bachelorette? or is it just him dancing?
    either way i feel like i’m missing out on someonething.. πŸ˜‰

2. lvp033

February 24, 2011 at 7:19 AM

Ashley H????? BOOO!!! I really want to hold out hope for Emily though but lets be honest- we all realize shes way too classy for this show.

3. Moogan21

February 24, 2011 at 7:29 AM

nvm.. think i gathered it’s Ashely H?

4. jennstinn

February 24, 2011 at 7:33 AM

OMG–Steve dancing was just hilarious. That had “dad dance” all over it. And I mean that in a good way.

Bummed about Ashley H, although you had to assume it was probably her or Shawntel, and I guess she’s better than Shawntel.’

Also, this site is pretty much my guilty obsession and I don’t follow the Bachelor world outside of it–are there really message boards with hundreds of posts a day? Wow. Hey, at least we’re all posting on the “cool” site, right? (Sometimes I just need to assure myself) :)

Maybe I’m just being a conspiracy theorist, but I feel like since Steve has revealed this so early, before taping begins, producers are going to be more likely to change who it is. Every other time, they couldn’t because taping had already begun, but this time they can switch it at the last minute if they want.

5. lvp033

February 24, 2011 at 7:38 AM

@jennstinn i was thinking the same thing. although it is my love for emily that makes me want to hold onto hope that abc producers will pull the wool down over steves eyes as it were.

why would they get rid of most of the male contestants for emilys potential season when they were casting ashley? it doesnt make a lot of sense.

6. loca4linda2

February 24, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Should we place and bet and see if Ashley H gets a boob job in the next 3 weeks? Paid for by ABC??

7. loca4linda2

February 24, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Steve,

Do you have a girlfriend?or a regular Booty Call?? I think you are pretty cute, doable too. Anyways, I think next time you do your video, you may want to turn off the light in your kitchenette or change the light bulb to a different color. That way I can really focus on your gorgeous eyes!! Also, what sign are you?

8. pulp

February 24, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Steve, yes, your site is easy to navigate… NOW. You FIXED it as per our suggestions, specifically mine stating how “Bachelor Brad Spoilers” was INVISIBLE to those SMART people using spam blockers to disable embedded spam links. Thanks again. πŸ˜‰

9. truebachelorfan4ever

February 24, 2011 at 9:31 AM

I have to say I am very dissapointed at the annoucement of Ashley H. Just too boring and peppy to swallow as a lead character.

Much better choices would have been Michelle Money, or Natalie Getz in my opinion.

Love the comments on Brad re – not wanting to eat the Poutine, not dating a girl who eats carbs etc, exactly what I was thinking when I watched that scene in the restaurant, what a narcissist he is! What girl would want to live life with someone who is more concerned about appearance than they are, talk about suffocating, no thanks!

10. Nobody

February 24, 2011 at 9:45 AM

I’m bummed it isn’t Vienna…. I was hoping to see her get tag teamed by 15 men.

11. pulp

February 24, 2011 at 9:49 AM

I’m disappointed as well, greatly so. We’ve had enough of boobless chearleader types, so irritating. Steve, turn in your man card. πŸ˜‰ When there’s only one girl on the show we NEEDZ a woman with a great rack. Someone like Amanda Marsh who won the very first The Bachelor and I KNOW you remember how incredible she looked in that Wonder Woman costume!

πŸ˜‰

P.S. Would you have a clip or a pic of her in the WW costume? :)

12. Ryvetted

February 24, 2011 at 9:50 AM

LOL! Thanks for the dancing entertainment, Steve!

Aw, I love Maddie <3

13. toenacious

February 24, 2011 at 10:00 AM

I was really hoping it was Shawntel. She is was more interesting than the cheerleader Ashley.

14. SherryfromD

February 24, 2011 at 10:06 AM

loca4linda2, I was thinking the same thing, but if you get a boob job, don’t you have to protect them from being jossled around for a certain amount of time after the surgery? Not sure 3 wks is enough time to be ready to hot tub and roll around in the sack with 25 men…

15. jax71868

February 24, 2011 at 10:12 AM

You’ve got some pretty good moves, Steve :). I was guessing the new Bachelorette would be either Ashley H. or Vienna so I wasn’t surprised. The season should be entertaining since Ashley likes to get her drink on. I look forward to your recaps on this upcoming season with Ashley. Keep up the good work – your column is what makes the 2 hr. show bearable for me.

I can’t believe there are still so many people who cannot navigate your website – oh wait, maybe I can. Like I’ve said before, I’m amazed these people can even turn on a computer.

16. truebachelorfan4ever

February 24, 2011 at 10:27 AM

oh I forgot to add in my previous post that I think that Michelle Money and Brad are 2 peas in a pod and would have made a perfect couple with the 2 hour a days work outs no carbs etc, and the only reason he probably didn’t continue with her is because she has a daughter and he doesn’t want to get involved in a situation like that, as he is too self centered to open his heart to a little girl who isn’t his own child.

17. loca4linda2

February 24, 2011 at 10:31 AM

SherryfromD:

Although breast augmentation is considered surgery, the down time is not that bad. Also with the advances in pain management it’s not that big of a deal.

You are swollen for a bit, but I don’t think that would matter.

You just can’t lift weights or lift heavy items for a few weeks. Remember Jen Scheft? She ended up getting her boobs done.

In my opinion all Ashley would need is a small B or C cup.

18. DawsMA

February 24, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Still undecided how I feel about Ashley being the next Bachelorette. I think that knowing since before the season started (thanks to RS!) that she would be F3 made me not form much of an opinion about her either way. She seems like fun, perhaps drinking a bit too much (maybe they’ll advise her to take it easy since she’ll be the focal point this season), and they can play up the dentist factor. Hopefully they will be honest that she isn’t actually a dentist yet. Being a dental student is impressive enough, not many folks go to med school.

And speaking of mouths, could they please coach her on the totally annoying habit of speaking with her hands in front of her mouth all the time? Every time she’s having a big conversation with Brad, there they are, waving in front of her mouth. It’s distracting.

19. mommyof2

February 24, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Steve- I noticed one bottle of wine in your wine rack. You still have a ways before you catch up to the number of wine bottles in Mike O’Brien’s wine cellar!

Also, I have no problems w/ Ashley being the bachelorette. Her spunky personality fits well into something like this, although I’m not sure if she’s really ready to get married, but I highly doubt that’ll happen anyway. It’s a great opportunity for her to travel, go on exotic dates, and date some good-looking men. I hope she doesn’t get a boob job, though. She may be small-chested, but that’s just fine. I’m tired of people thinking big boobs is really important. Where I come from, most women don’t get that kind of work done, but I understand it’s pretty common on the West Coast. I love the weather out there, but the superficiality that exists there is just very, very sad. I know; it’s a pretty contradictory statement coming from someone who watches a superficial show!

20. nancy 1794

February 24, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Even on the west coast huge fake tits are now going out of fashion. Smart women are having their boob implants removed these days.

21. Athena

February 24, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Steve, after seeing your moves, I’d love to see you on DWTS. Unfortunately, you’ve nixed Cheryl wanting to dance with you, but there some other incredible women on there you could be paired up with. You’ve got some moves man.

22. amylynn

February 24, 2011 at 12:25 PM

mommyof2: That’s funny that you mentioned the one bottle of wine. That was the first thing I noticed. Now I am curious to where it came from. . . . Steve, let us know!

And wow Steve, that dancing – omg I was embarrassed for you! I think my face even turned bright red watching that. Though I gotta give it to you for having the balls to do it. You were a tad bit better than my dad. That is absolutely hilarious with all of the Maddie collages on your fridge. Geeze, by the looks of it, it seems as though you had a stack of 50 or so? How often do you take her there? I’d be so sad to leave my cute little dog (Darla) so much );

Anyway, I could care less about the pick of the next Bachelorette. I agree with most about Emily being boring so at least we won’t have a mono-toned robot like Brad. Ashley is spunkey and is always happy and smiling – completely opposite from Brad, so the excitement level will definitely go up a few notches on that show. I really hope they cast some hot, sexy, FUN men this next season though.

( :

23. pulp

February 24, 2011 at 12:51 PM

YEah, the men will be sexier than the Bachelorette! πŸ˜€

I find nothing sexy about her, tiny, pixie-ish, shapeless… bad choice for the only girl in the whole up-coming series!

24. Ellieanne

February 24, 2011 at 1:14 PM

I’m glad it’s not Emily. She approaches each episode with the same enthusiasm and excitement I would have had if I were forced to sit in a locked room and listen to every State of the Union address since the first one. If anyone acts like they would much rather be somewhere else, it’s Emily. I think this experience is nothing like what she expected, so it’s not surprising if she turned down the chance to be the next Bachelorette. Now, Ashley Hebert could be interesting. She gets a tad bit giddy (to say the least) when she’s drinking, so this could be a very amusing (read embarassing) experience for her. If she remembers it in the end…

25. cdjusino

February 24, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Loved the dancing, Steve!

Ashley Hebert (pronounced β€œAY-bear”) is annoying. Bad decision ABC.

26. amanda26

February 24, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Ashley H?! Really? Booo. She’s annoying. Bad move ABC.

By the way, loved the dancing!

27. cmptrgeekmom

February 24, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Steve, anyone ever tell you that you sound exactly like Chuck? (from the NBC TV show Chuck) Took me a few minutes into your video to figure it out.

28. sweetness34

February 24, 2011 at 2:42 PM

My guess is that Emily opted not to be the next Bachelorette due to family considerations. Maybe once was enough. Could you imagine seeing poor Ricki Tick being subjected to the two final men?

Well, I’m sure Ashley H. will do a good job, but I still say, “boo” like a couple others above. I know this will sound mean, but one problem with Jillian, Ali, and now Ashley is that I can’t buy that 25-30 men would be viewing them as a major prize. They are for sure cute girls with many things going for them. And of course, no Bachelor or Bachelorette will be universally approved, but the Bachelorette needs to be up a level from the last three we have had. You need the looks, the charisma, and the personality in one package. I don’t know, maybe ABC is trying to pick someone that resembles…”a regular woman…”.

29. Sunnyside422

February 24, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Sooo relieved it isn’t Emily! She always looks stilted and dead. No personality at all and her sparkeling white teeth give me headaches! Not to mention the horrible overbite. Maybe as one poster commented, they do come out each evening and plop into a glass at her bedside!

I think Rikki’s grandparents put the kabash on Emily being Bachelorette. After all, they are footing the bills so have a major say how Emily conducts herself. She’d have bored us all to tears anyway and no way do I see her giving it up to Brad in the FS! But then neither would I. He is yuk worthy! And you know for sure Chantel did!!!

As for Ashley..well she is really excitable and giddy but maybe men will find her cute. I thought Ali added a spark to the dull Jillian who was not attractive or exciting at all. And Ali does have a very nice body. But let me say that it will be refreshing to see a “normal” chest on Ashley. Some of those women’s boobs could knock a person out if the women turned suddenly! Ypees.

And lastly, Steve I will admit when you announced you would dance, I was ready to stiffle my giggles, but was pleasantly surprised. No bad. Not ready for DWTS by any means, but there was some hip and butt action! Didn’t laugh at all. :-) So if you choose to dance again…go for it! And do include Maddie in your videos…she is a princess! I missed seeing her since Jason’s season.

30. MidwestGirl

February 24, 2011 at 3:41 PM

I’d rather watch someone new then have to go through watching recycled crap about so and so for the 2nd time.

31. MidwestGirl

February 24, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Steve, you are adorable!

You need more wine.

Your dog looks at you like the crazy person who lifted her from the mall.

I bet Cheryl Burke could help with your dancing….

32. SherryfromD

February 24, 2011 at 3:49 PM

loca4linda2, ah ok. I was speaking from what my friend told me back in 96 when she got a boob job. I figured things had probably advanced since then…I agree that she just needs a small B or C cup. I don’t usually advocate boob jobs, but I think in the case where you are completely flat like Ashley is, it’s understandable to want some curves.

33. VibeCat

February 24, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I am just thankful that if it isn’t Emily its not going to be Vienna. As much as I am attached to reading here at RS I would definitely have to skip that season – one season with her in it was far enough (too much?) for me. Not interested in seeing Vienna again, ever. Bachelor Pad seems more her style, anyways.

34. RTV

February 24, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Loved the dance moves. Would have been better if you and Maddie danced together though. She’s a doll.

35. wisewords

February 24, 2011 at 7:36 PM

You know it could be as simple as Emily does not want to be away from her daughter again. Any mom could tell you how difficult it would be to be separated from your child for such a long period of time, especially when the child is that young. Even more, it would be agony for the child. I can totally understand why Emily would not want to do it for that reason alone. No matter what, your children come first.

36. RTV

February 24, 2011 at 9:11 PM

For those Emily fans doubting RS that Chantal is F1, it’s obvious. Because the camera and MF love Chantal, she’s doing most PI’s, and they make sure they catch all her emotions, happy, sad you name it. She’s slightly controversial, either loved or hated, so if she were not F1, she’d be the next bachelorette, not Ashley Herbert. It’s not rocket science. Chantal would have been gold for MF as the bachelorette, but she’s engaged to Brad, Emily said no, so they go to the F3, Ashley.

37. Reason

February 24, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Oh no, not Forehead. I guess the drama will be decent with her raging drunk ITMs and insecurity problems. On a brighter note, maybe they will let her bring along the other Ashley and the life size teddy bear.

38. dply99

February 25, 2011 at 7:20 AM

I’m glad its not Emily. She is totally boring. Not sure why everyone is so obsessed with her but there is no way I could stare at those oh so freakishly white veneers for a whole season. Also wonder what she looked like before all the plastic surgery.

39. finerthings

February 25, 2011 at 7:21 AM

This. Is terrible news. I hate how she talks with her hands all up in her face. I hate her valley girl-ish accent. I can’t imagine myself listening to that for two hours a week. Sorry, ABC, Ashley H. is NOT good enough to be the Bachelorette.

I hated Ali, but she was still watchable. Watching Ashley H. would be like viewing a video of a tiny yipping dog for two hours. I couldn’t even stand her hometown date. UGH.

40. divrdwn41

February 25, 2011 at 8:16 AM

Emily does not need Bachelor/ette to find her a terrific partner. She has the world by the tail. Her daughter is the granddaughter of Rick Hendrick, and will never want for anything in her life. Did no one note the home of Emily and Ricki? Not that Emily could not have obtained that by herself, but a 24 year old normally dont have the ability on her own to obtain such a wonderful home. And I’ve stated before Mike O’Brien pales in comparison to Rick Hendrick, and Emily is family.

Not really surprising that Brad chose the two most financially strong girls for F2.

41. baglawa

February 25, 2011 at 10:51 AM

You are absolutely adorable! LOL :) So is Maddie!

42. twistedkrista

February 25, 2011 at 4:38 PM

@ MidwestGirl: LOL re: “Your dog looks at you like the crazy person who lifted her from the mall.” I agree!! :) Maddie is so darn cute! I love how she kind of eyeballs him like, “umm, okay…”

And Steve, you’re a handsome fellow. I would sooo chat you up but I am not a skinny gal… *sigh*

Keep up the good work, young man. :)

43. RainyNiteNTx

February 26, 2011 at 4:19 AM

This was hilarious – laughed out loud sitting at my computer. More dancing and more Maddie please. That was too funny watching her take off for the bedroom. Does she ever bark?

I dont care who the next Bachelorette is – I will watch – it is like cartoons for adults.

44. abghouston

February 26, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I really do not care who is the next Bachelorette, as long as it is not Michelle or Shawntel. As for Emily, oh man she has the worst personality and obviously is not ready for a BF let alone marriage. Yes, tragic history, I will give you that, but as for warmth and that fuzzy feeling……she just does not have it.

Effin nice moves Steve. I know ABC would never ask you to be the next Bachelor and sadly you never do it. Yet, I think you and Maddie would make a great pick. America would be in love. BTW I just love Maddie, I remember when you first got her. I think she should be in every audio blog.

45. missdana

February 28, 2011 at 6:05 AM

And I do believe I see a bag of cat food on your refrigerator. Busted!