Bachelor Pad 2

A Change of Plans, “Bachelor Pad” News, and More “Reader Emails” – 6/3/11

For all your episode-by-episode spoilers of Ashleys season, either click on the “Bachelorette Ashley Spoilers” link at the top of the page, or click here. Do not read if you don’t want to know who Ashley is with. You’ve been warned.

So yesterday I tweeted and posted on Facebook that I had some info regarding some behind the scenes stuff regarding the Bentley situation that you all should know about. I’m sorry, but for the time being, I’m gonna have to hold off on that. The ridiculousness of this situation is reaching such epic levels of proportions (that sentence just sounded cool), that I need more time on this. So I apologize for tweeting that yesterday, then not following through today, but yesterday was kind of a whirlwind and I guess I sent out my first “emotional” tweet. Got caught up in the moment and didn’t realize the magnitude of what we’re dealing with here. I cannot get into detail just yet, but I can tell you that (not that you didn’t already know this), this show is SOOOOO shady, it’s disgusting. And what you’re seeing on TV is definitely not the full story. Sure, Bentley said all that stuff in his ITM’s, although I’m sure a couple of those things were spliced up, but for the most part, he dug his own grave by what he said. I’m not defending Bentley at all, and his life will probably never be the same again after saying the things he said on this show.

I guess I just look at the show a little differently than 99% of their audience. Pretty much everyone who watches this show, their immediate reaction when watching Bentley is, “What an ass. What’s his deal? I can’t stand him. He shouldn’t even be on the show” etc. Trust me. Just go on Twitter or Facebook after either of the first two episodes and look what people are commenting on. It’s 90% Bentley. And you have every right to think that. My mind just works a little differently. When I see people like Bentley, and in past seasons the Wes’, the Regos, the Rozlyns, my immediate reaction is, “Ok, what’s the real story behind this”. I don’t let what those people say and do get under my skin. I try and find out what truly is going on. Sometimes I find out, sometimes I don’t. But I’m very much an over analyzer, and I know how ridiculously manipulative and fake this show can be, so I like looking for more answers. There’s definitely more than meets the eye to the Bentley story, I just want to make sure I have everything in order before I present it.

So enjoy Bentleys antics in the meantime, I’m sure all of you will be screaming at your television on Monday night after he leaves, because apparently things he says and does on Monday, it makes what he did in the first two episodes seem harmless. It’s just so hypocritical of the show to sit back and crucify Bentley publicly now, by saying he’s the worst contestant they’ve ever had (Chris Harrison called him disgusting) but yet in the same breath, they are using him to promote the show on Monday. Anyone else see the irony in that? Don’t believe a word Chris Harrison or ABC is putting out about their hatred for Bentley. Privately, they are eating up every second of it, they love the interest his character is generating, and by all means, could not care less about the things he said about Ashley. Publicly they have to pretend they do. Privately? Please. They love this. Bentley is TV gold to them.

He’s a jackass for saying the stuff he did, but for the show to act like they couldn’t have stepped in and stopped this, and kicked him off the show themselves, or gone to Ashley and showed her his ITM’s and what he saying behind her back, shows you how hypocritical they are. “It’s not our job. We need to let Ashley figure this out on her own. Everything is in Ashley’s hands.” Such BS. Then don’t promote him like you are. Doesn’t this basically show that they don’t give a sh** about Ashley either? So she’s your lead character in the show, the one who’s here to find a husband, you can clearly see that Bentley is acting one way towards her when he’s with her, yet trashing her behind her back in his ITM’s, and you don’t think it’s your job to inform her? You don’t think you should step in and say something? You think by saying, “It’s her journey, she needs to find this out on her own” is an honorable answer? Ha ha. That’s laughable. It’s just proof the show absolutely loves what Bentley is doing. Think people. If they truly cared about Ashley’s feelings, they never would’ve let it get to this point. They knew what footage they had on film of Bentley saying things behind her back, yet purposely kept it from Ashley because they wanted it to play out for TV sake.

If you didn’t read Chris Harrisons conference call with the media this week, you can read the summary here. One thing I think that was clarified in this conference call, is now we know why Bentley returns to the show in Hong Kong. Look at Chris’ answer when asked about reports that Bentley returns:

Will Bentley return to the show? Chris wouldn’t confirm a Bentley reappearance later in the season (Reality Steve says Bentley does return), but he said Ashley “definitely has a hard time moving past this” and the only reason they would allow Bentley back on the show is if Ashley wanted it. It’s her call.

So there’s your answer. When Bentley returns to the show in Hong Kong, Ashley is fully aware he’s coming back and is the one that asked for him to return because she needs some sort of closure from him. I guess the reasoning he gives Monday night for leaving doesn’t sit well with her, and three episodes later, Bentley is still on her mind, so they bring him back per her request. Wow. Yet another reason this makes the show hypocritical. I don’t care if Ashley wants the guy back for some closure or not. If Bentley is the devil like you’re claiming he is, and he was ruining Ashley in his ITM’s with some of the rudest, most condescending things anyone has ever said about anyone on this show, why not step in and say, “No, he’s not coming back on the show. Sorry. This guy is a jerk, he treated you like crap, and we’re done with him.” No different than them promoting him for Monday’s episode, no different than him being the talk of the season so far, and no different than them counting the days until the “Men Tell All” where they can have him back on again. This whole situation reeks of hypocrisy, and I just hope some of you out there are intelligent enough to see it. Bentley is no doubt to blame, because he could’ve avoided all this by not coming on the show in the first place, but the show is just as bad for knowing what they knew, and not saying anything. Moving on….

The “Bachelor Pad” cast members should be arriving in LA this weekend, with filming beginning on Tuesday. Here is the latest most updated cast list I can give you from everything I’m hearing. A couple changes since the last one, so pay attention. Remember, nothing is official until Tuesday rolls around, but here’s the latest names I’m hearing:

Men:
Justin Rego
Graham Bunn
Kasey Kahl
Kirk DeWindt
Michael Stagliano
Jake Pavelka
Tanner Pope
(Whatever guys from Ashleys season they decide on)

Women:
Alli Travis
Michelle Money
Melissa Schreiber
Jackie Gordon
Vienna Girardi
Ashleigh Hunt
Holly Durst
Erica Rose

That’s only 15 names, so obviously there will be more people cast, and maybe even some on this list won’t make it, but that’s about as updated as I can get right now. Any news I hear this weekend I will tweet about, so be sure to follow me there. Hopefully by next week, I’ll have the full cast list for you and maybe some early spoilers. It’s going to be tough considering there are very few dates outside of LA with this show (last season there was only one), and filming only lasts 3 weeks. I fully expect to have all the spoilers by some point, I just don’t know when. Could come at any time. Last season, it was about a week after filming ended, which was the end of June. I’m guessing it’ll be roughly around the same time this year when I have everything again.

As far as I know, it’s gonna pretty much have the same format as last season. Challenges, dates, and girls vote out the guys, and guys vote out the girls. I just hope they change up the challenges to things that are somewhat more interesting than egg tosses, games of Twister, and eating a pie. Unless of course that pie eating is, well…forget it. The one major change I’m hearing though this season is that since all these people saw what happened on season 1, you can’t possibly have the same twist at the end, where the final winning couple goes to the back room to decide whether to share or keep the money. So I’m hearing that they want just a sole winner this year to take home the $250,000 prize. So I expect it to play out like it did last year, but instead of getting down to two couples at the end (Kiptyn & Tenley vs Natalie & Dave), it’d just be two people up on stage, and all the other voted out contestants will vote on who they think deserves the money. That’s just a guess based on I heard they want one winner taking home all the money.

1. Stnzgrl

June 3, 2011 at 10:18 AM

It sure will be interesting if you are right about the Bachelor Pad casting since Michael Stagliano and Holly Durst were engaged but have broken up. I thought the show was pretty uninteresting last time. On the comment that 90% of the viewers believe what they see, that is a pretty pathetic reflection of our culture these days. This is entertainment only.

2. lizzie

June 3, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I completely agree with you Steve. What a load of BS: if they truly wanted Bentley out, they would have just kicked him out!

3. jen031

June 3, 2011 at 11:09 AM

And I agree that if they wanted Bentley out they could have gotten him out, but they probably like the ratings they’re getting out of him even more.

4. slaurae

June 3, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Jen031, I was thinking the exact same thing about the Jake Vienna Kasey thing, you beat me to the punch.

5. Sunnyside422

June 3, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Oh Lord…more of Jake! How pukey is that!? And the cross eyed wonder will be back too. Why don’t these losers get a real life.

Fleiss never has nor will he ever care about his leads and their feelings. All this show is about is ratings and with everyone talking about Bentley (the dope actually put himself on the show…stupid), what a bonanza for Fleiss and ABC. I wish just once (after their forced year of making nice nice about the show), don’t the leads just admist they were played and how horrible they now feel about it. Ali comes to mind and now Ashley. She isn’t drop dead gorgeous but certainly deserves some kudos for being a nice person.

6. bachfan1101

June 3, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Yes, obviously this thing with bentley is staged, MF and producers who have said something but noooooo they want it for Drama!

7. SherryfromD

June 3, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Graham…YUM! I’m not liking ANY of those girls that will supposedly be on Bachelor Pad. Besides Michelle, who I’m sure will be interesting. I’m going to go ahead and predict a Graham/Michelle hookup right now.

8. KESam

June 3, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Steve – FYI, if the vet gave Maddie Prednisone (or other type of steroid), that will make her pee uncontrollably…my basset was on it, and it was ridiculous. However, the good news is that it should stop a short while after she is off the steroids, after they get out of her system. Good luck, and hope she feels better soon!

9. Nobody

June 3, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Ok, here’s my take on Bently. Why is everyone (more specifically referring to the sheeple who believe the show is real) busting his nads for speaking his mind? The guy doesn’t care for Ashley and would have preferred that Emily was the Bachette instead. Why is that such a big deal? If I were there I would feel the same way.

The whole darn thing is producer driven, and anyone who feels otherwise is among the most naïve people on the planet. Stop crucifying the guy for simply doing what he was told to do. Its all done for ratings people, nothing more.

10. bnapier

June 3, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Cant wait to see Jake and Vienna interact on bachelor pad

11. morrigan0

June 3, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Nobody:I think the sentiment is’ if he didn’t like ashley he should have left’ and not be an a$$ for a few weeks because he’s unwilling to.

I don’t think many RS readers “believe” in the series.

12. Nobody

June 3, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Morrigan, I think the real reason why he didn’t leave if he wasn’t interested is going to lead back to producer manipulation. They saw a chance to create some (fake) drama and Bentley wasn’t in a position to say no due to contract obligations. Or maybe he was promised a big check to go along with it. Only the producers know the real motivation.

Whatever the case, I have a very strong feeling the producers should be blamed more than the participants. They were hired (and some were paid) to put on a show, and that’s all this really is; a heavily scripted TV show with a lot of deception and manipulation thrown in.

13. CherylP563

June 3, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Bentley? I’m putting a few $$ on my guess: He’ll be the next Bachelor. Of course, he’ll be a “CHANGED MAN.” Who can be more douchey than Brad? No one. Bentley was likely over produced and made out to be a bigger idiot than he is. Women will forgive him and he’ll be handing out roses next.

14. bachfan1101

June 4, 2011 at 6:02 AM

Cherl.. is bentley is next bach they better expect to loose viewers.

15. Sunnyside422

June 4, 2011 at 9:58 AM

No loss of viewers…people will continue to watch the crap unfold. It’s like people gawking at car wrecks…can’t seem to look away. Wish the recycled people would end, but as long as people watch and the bucks keep rolling in, the format will continue!

Steve, hope darling Maddie will be well soon.

16. bachfan1101

June 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Yeah how about next season we dont get recycled people… its getting old. Someone fresh and new!

17. jenniferboston1

June 4, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Awesome blog, thank you! I wish I knew what was going on with Emily and Brad though….spent every Monday night watching (on the treadmill, not couch LOL) and I feel there was no conclusion! Wahhh.

18. BentleyApologists

June 4, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Nail on the freaking head Reality Steve. You actually have the right perspective on this. In your down time check out the Bentley Apologists Blog for some laughs http://bentleywilliamsapologists.wordpress.com/wp-admin/index.php?page=stats

19. Moogan21

June 6, 2011 at 7:51 AM

“SOOOO looking forward to Jake and Vienna in the Bachelor Pad. If we can get a fight out of them where Kacey steps in to guard and protect her heart… All I can say is that would be epic.”
    made me lol.. oh goodness it’ll be a wreck!

20. hordac

June 6, 2011 at 8:01 AM

I really feel for Ashley right now, to have to watch Bentley’s ITM’s. Yeah he’s speaking his truth, but would any of you have the heart to say these things to anyone’s face? Doubt it. He obviously knew she would hear it eventually. Although of course Ashley is being paid to participate in all of this it does not excuse him nor ABC. I just hope everything turns out well for her. I would be crumpled in a corner sucking my thumb!! They are all a bunch of soul-less jerks at ABC and Bentley is a poor excuse of a man. I hope he’s proud of himself and of hurting someone to get his 15 minutes, which will be an extended to an hour when ABC gives him The Bachelor on a silver platter (but not right away, he’ll have to spend years in faux counselling). Makes me wonder what new levels they are all willing to sink to in the name of ratings.

21. thehollywoodknow

June 6, 2011 at 8:18 AM

22. Susan

June 6, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Bentley is an ass, but what Chris Harrison and ABC are doing to Ashley is unforgivable. As soon as this crap started coming out, they should have pulled her aside and kicked the guy out. To purposefully humiliate her on national TV is unforgivable. Sure the jerk is providing the material, but they are loving it and Chris Harrison and the higher ups should be ashamed of themselves. How low will they go for ratings??

For Chris Harrison to act all innocent in his blog and to paint Bentley as the bad guy, are you kidding me??? They let her do ITMs talking about how much she liked him knowing what the douche was saying behind her back. Then instead of giving her a heads up about what was going on and why he was coming over, they stick a camera in her face to catch the hurt and splash it on TV.

I refuse to watch. I don’t want them to get any ratings points from me. I will just read the recaps here. I feel so sorry for this girl.

23. Nobody

June 6, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Susan, what if by chance Ashley is in with ABC on a ratings scam? I’m willing to believe the whole thing involving Bentley is nothing more than a script that all involved are following. Wouldn’t be the first time crap like this has gone on.

I would pay very close attention to how she cries; I bet she can “fake cry” with the best of them. Remember Ali’s crying episode in the hotel hallway during Jake’s season? That was an epic fake cry if there ever was one.

All I’m saying is don’t ever believe everything you see on TV. 98% is probably pure bull s**t.

24. Susan

June 6, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Nobody, if she’s in on it, then I’m completely duped too. I, for one, would not humiliate myself on national TV. I’m not saying it couldn’t happen and I understand most of this show is staged, I would just be surprised. You could be right.

This show is playing more like a soap opera than any of the others. Shouldn’t be wasting my time :)

25. Lightbulb

June 6, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Focusing on the biggest moment of this last episode: J.P. looks so hot in pajamas! Way hotter than that douchebag who left show thinking he was something special…can’t remember his name, wasn’t as cute as J.P. anyway.

26. finerthings

June 6, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Ali fake-cried horribly. I was actually struck by Ashley’s tears being pretty real. Her words were interrupted with little sighs from the crying, and then when Chris pointed out that she was about to cry, she started crying again. That’s all very real. From my point of view this ENTIRE thing is the fault of the show and the producers. I bet Bentley even WANTED to leave, but they were like, this is perfect! Say a bunch of mean stuff about her, etc. Of course the fact that he went along with it is horrible, too, but I bet they asked him to stay as long as he did. I just feel bad for JP watching this episode, if he is her final one. It’s kind of sad how stuck she was on Bentley after 1/2 of a date with him. But, she did say JP kissed better so that was nice!

27. mommyof2

June 7, 2011 at 7:45 AM

I thought the same thing in that last night, I felt bad for JP watching this episode and seeing how Ashley was so into Bentley. I’m sure Ashley’s embarrassed about being so wrong about her gut when it came to Bentley. She wasn’t in love w/ him; she was in love w/ his lies and fake personality, which, in my opinion, was boring and terrible, too. I’m glad that she said JP kissed better than Bentley, too! I bet that hurt Bentley’s ego when he watched that last night! And, hopefully that was enough to make JP feel better when watching last night’s episode. He seems like a genuinely good guy who will treat Ashley well.

28. I Do Already

June 7, 2011 at 8:25 AM

So, I say this will be my last episode but I may come back. It was definitely my husband’s first and last episode. Check out our recap of watching. http://tinyurl.com/437le7m

29. HeidiT

June 7, 2011 at 9:00 AM

This person did not in any way shape or form convince me that we should be thinking Bentley is anything other than a douche who doesn’t care about any one’s feelings but his own. Granted he was edited to look like an ass but seriously this person needs a lesson in writing a blog and also needs to do more convincing than saying because he was honest we should like him more than a bachelor who sleeps with five women (Bob Guiney) and then dumps you the next day?? Pulease.

This blog isn’t worth reading. Granted he’s edited to look like an ass, but I really don’t think Michelle Money is far off the mark, there’s a reason he’s divorced and it isn’t because he’s a nice guy or he got a raw deal.

30. drudydavis

June 7, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Was anyone else pissed that Bentley stole all of sweet, sweet JP’s screen time? I am so sick of the whole Bentley thing. We get it, he makes good tv but at this point I think it’s boring tv. The lines are different but its still the same dumb, insensitive for the sake of being insensitive, self-centered crap.
    Personally, I am bored with him. I’d rather see some of the other guys – good or bad. That Lucas guy gets about 2 seconds of screen time each episode. I hardly know who he is, much less know if i like him or not.
    Needless to say, I’m not looking forward to Bentley’s return. Not because I don’t like him but because his schitck is tired.

Gimme more of the hottie hipster JP!

31. malu42

June 7, 2011 at 12:19 PM

I’m not sure what I’m more astounded with- ABC hitting an all-time new low with this whole Bentley jack*ss guy, or why/how in the world could Ashley possibly be this smitten over someone in 2 weeks? I am embarassed to be a woman when I see them act like this! I guess she’s young..but still – I dont remember being that naive? Someone give this gal a crash course of Real World 101! I do feel bad for her if indeed this was all a setup and she had no idea, but I’m on the fence about if it was or not?

RS – I’m starting to fastforward my DVR thru about 75% of the show these days and then reading your recap. Works out very nicely. As usual, great job!

32. wobbiejo

June 13, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I am sick of hearing about Bentley. Can we just move on? Sorry just the way I feel.