The Bachelorette 7 - Ashley

The “Bachelorette” Recap – 7/18/11 Including a Revealing Ashley Interview, BP News, and More Reason to Not Pay Attention to Previews

For all your episode-by-episode spoilers of Ashleys season, either click on the “Bachelorette Ashley Spoilers” link at the top of the page, or click here. Also, your episode-by-episode spoilers for “Bachelor Pad 2” are now also in a link at the top of the page, or or click here. You’ve been warned.

A couple of programming notes to start out with. It was announced this morning that the first episode of “Bachelor Pad 2” airing Monday, August 8th will now be THREE hours long. Oh goodie. Judging by the promo they ran last night, looks like they are really trying to play up the Jake vs. Vienna war. The whole :30 clip last night focused on Jake vs. Vienna and never even showed anyone else. Nice. Do they think Jake Pavelka equals ratings? Because that leads me into my next announcement. Did you see the “Famous Food” show on VH1 that Jake is in with Heidi Montag and a bunch of other D-list celebrities had a premiere episode that drew a TOTAL of 430,000 viewers, the “lowest rated debut on VH1 this year,” according to the Futon Critic.. Not only that, but after only two episodes, the show is already getting moved to a new date and time. Which one again proves my theory: Nobody gives a flying f**k about Jake Pavelka. Here’s the promo. “Stop interrupting me!”

Ashley did a pretty interesting interview with her local paper that can be seen right here on Philly.com.. Probably my favorite quote from the whole article was this one:

“…I don’t know that I have made a good Bachelorette. In a way, I think I’m too honest. If I’m not into somebody, I have a hard time faking it and I think in this environment, you have to be able to do that sometimes…”

In fact, Hebert feels she is so transparent that viewers should already be able to tell what her ultimate decision will be.

“…I knew where my heart was from very early on…I wanted to give every guy a chance but by the time of the hometown dates, I was probably 95 percent sure…”

So not that you didn’t already know this, but yeah, Ashley is engaged. Hell, the girl just admitted it to the magazine without actually admitting it. But hey, this isn’t news to me. And shouldn’t be to you. And if you think she knew it was Ben “early on”, you’re smoking crack. I also love the fact that even Chris Harrison chimes in the interview to say that a lot of the stuff you saw with Ashley’s insecurities, was played up for dramatic purposes. I think this was the most real interview Ashley has ever given and basically shows how much editing and coercing is done on the show.

Wanted to mention a new advertiser that we have which you can see down the right hand column. It’s a boutique store based in Northern California called “Alys Grace” that I know a lot of you women might be interested in. In fact, a very popular female blogger that I know a lot of women follow for fashion tips regarding the outfits worn on this show, the “Possessionista”, is featured in the ad. Check it out and let me know what you think. We thank them for coming aboard as we approach the end of the season.

And lastly before we begin, the “Men Tell All” tapes this Saturday in LA. I’m sure I’ll have some info on it at some point. Could be Saturday night, could be Sunday, could be Monday. Not sure when, but I don’t expect anything major to come out of this thing. Michelle will get brought up on stage to talk about her texts to Ashley in the beginning of the season, and I’m hoping that’s the last we’ll hear about Bentley again. The guys will do their usual song and dance of talking about their experience on the show. I’m sure someone from “Bachelor Pad” will be there to promote the season. And that will be that. I can’t imagine anything more exciting happening since as of now, Bentley will not be a part of it. And I really don’t see it happening between now and Saturday either. That ship has sailed. No one wants to hear about him anymore, and I’m sure Michelle’s involvement will be kept rather short. On to last night…

-The show begins with an immediate flaw in continuation. They show Ashley back home in Pennsylvania packing and getting ready to start her hometown dates. Sorry. Didn’t happen. Ashley doesn’t go home to “pack” before hometown. That footage was shot in the beginning of the season before she even left to do the show and they’re just making us think she made a pit stop in Philly before she went off to hometowns. She didn’t. Although, I thought it was funny when she walked in her apartment door, she was holding magazines. I wonder if any of them at that time were the issue of Life and Style which showed her on her date with William in Vegas. That would’ve been neat. Oh wait, that scene was shot before she even left for the show. Oops. Even I almost just confused myself. That rarely happens. Anyway, the order the hometowns were shot in real time were (and I had this on the site back in April when it was happening):

Ben, then Constantine, then Ames/JP (Don’t really know which one of those two came first, but it doesn’t matter since they were both east coast).

Last night showed an order of Constantine, Ames, Ben, and JP. You really think they went from Taiwan, to Georgia, then to Pennsylvania for Ames, then back to California for Ben, then back across the U.S. for JP, only to come back to the mansion in California for the rose ceremony? Uhhhhh, no. Then started on the west coast with Ben, moved eastward, then came back to California for the rose ceremony, and left from LA to go to Fiji. Common sense would tell you the order they showed on TV last night made no sense.

-I was so disappointed in this episode in that we didn’t have any crazy family members. Isn’t there usually one of those every season? This was so serious and too much deep conversation about feelings and emotions. Made me want to vomit all over myself. Lets get some wacko family members to make fun of. Ugh. Too many nicey nice’s last night during the hometowns. Although, my favorite part of this episode is Ashley being forced to give compliments to every family she meets, every guy she talks about, and every situation she’s in. You read that interview link above. She said she knew she was 95% sure who it was going to be early on. Well, after Bentley of course. Then you hear all this hyperbole during the overnight dates and you’re sitting there going, “Really? Did you even for a second mean that?” I mean, we start off the show and here’s what she said about her “journey” so far with each guy.

Ben: “Ben is a real guy. I love the long hair, his build is great…he’s just a man.” Yes, he is. And in love with another man on this show.

Constantine: “One of my favorite guys from the beginning…something so sexy about him…a real sweetness about him.” I think it’s the way he and Ben make sure their hairstyles are identical in every episode. Do they use the same product?

Ames: “One of the most unique guys I ever met…he has no idea how unique he is.” Oh, I’m sure he does Ashley. All he has to do is look in the mirror after he’s dressed himself.

JP: “I feel like I’ve known him forever…I feel like I can do anything around him – I can be playful, I can be serious, I can be emotional, and he would be accepting of that.”

Every guy is the best, every guy has husband potential, every guy has all the characteristics she’s looking for. Hey, don’t get me wrong. It definitely works both ways as these guys are spewing the compliments all over Ashley as well, yet within days, some of them are eliminating themselves from the whole things because they don’t see themselves with her. Yeah that’s right, Dino, I’m talking about you. Just a silly episode every season with how much the lead is supposed to act like they want to be with each guy, when in reality down to four guys, you pretty much know who you want at that point. But hey, let her keep the uneducated out there continue to guess.

Page 1 of 612345...Last »

1. Fade2Black

July 19, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I can’t STAND the editors of this show. It’s horrible and so horrendously contrived. I thought we were supposed to get a break for the love of all things holy with the “B” name. FOR F@CKS SAKE ALREADY!!

2. Angela

July 19, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Oh man…as soon as my husband saw the word “Cumming”, it was over. All kind of jokes during last nights episode. Ashley seems the most laid back with JP. I am wondering who her sister is talking about though. Ashley seemed quite upset in that clip.

3. thatmeowgirl

July 19, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Ben will be the next Bachelor.

4. lisa e

July 19, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Can anyone please post the YouTube link for the Bach Pad 2 preview? Thanks so much!

And FYI – someone tweeted Trista Sutter from Cumming, GA, that to add to the entendres, they have a water tower in town with the [company] name of “Siemens.”

5. mommyof2

July 19, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I like the “Temple of Doom” reference since I love Harrison Ford in the Indiana Jones films. I actually wrote my high school English term paper about how Indiana Jones is my hero, and had an awesome Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark poster framed and hanging in our rec room growing up, which an ex-boyyfriend took and never gave back. I miss it…

Anyway, I felt really sorry for Ames. He is different, but I can’t help but like the guy.

6. CherylP563

July 19, 2011 at 12:17 PM

“They never told us what Serena did but I’m sure she’s like the US Ambassador to Foreign Relations of the President’s Cabinet on International Trade or something.” This made total sense and made me laugh so much…..seriously, that family probably runs the world and we just have no idea.

7. K-Flash

July 19, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Ben should NOT be the next Bachelor. I think there’s more personality in a wet pizza box, than him. His mother’s *waaaayyyy* over-bearing, and his sister’s runs a close second behind her.

But I digress. This season of the Bachelorette, has to be easily THE MOST painful, useless, meaningless form of entertainment I bear witness to. Sadly, I’m curious to see the human interactions, so I’m putting myself through this uncomfortable and annoying process. Ashley has ZERO sex-appeal, ZERO ability to make courteous and respectful eye contact with anyone, and possesses a ZERO emotional intelligence quotient, to carry on a decent conversation with anyone. If I were her date, I’d perhaps get more pleasure sticking a pencil in my eye. At this point in the season, I dare say…she’s got little invested in any remaining victims…{dang….sorry…that was my inside voice typing}…I meant candidates. Oh…and one more thing. NOTE to the editors of the show: take out ALL/EVERY kissing scene. They are soooo junior-high’ish and infantile…not worth the air time.

8. HeidiT

July 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Seriously??? Not one comment about how Ames underwear was hanging out of his jeans? not one? I’m shocked Steve. that’s all I kept seeing and it bugged the crap outta me, dude needs briefs cause his big boy boxers are way too big if they are riding up.

Felt bad for Ames, granted they had no chemistry as she kissed him once and never tried to kiss him again and wasn’t touchy feely you knew she wasn’t into him, and the look on his face when he realized all the roses had been given out and he was the last man standing, broke my heart, but it’s nice to know he’s moved on.

No crazy families but Ashley’s friend or whatever she is with the tattoo’s looks like she’s gonna be a handful.

9. roflsaurus

July 19, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Wow Steve. Your comment about cutting a hole in the bottom of the popcorn….my jaw literally dropped. Then I cracked up. Awesome.

10. CherylP563

July 19, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Hey HeidiT — Steve DID comment about Ames “blue diaper” hanging out of his pants. Read closely. I know it’s a lot to take in without a coffee in hand…but seriously, he did mention it.

11. K-Flash

July 19, 2011 at 12:37 PM

My heart goes out to Ames. I think he’s probably the only guy that has the deepest heart, and has the most feeling. He’s just a bit socially-awkward. He’s not a bad looking guy either. I hope he meets someone in life who embraces who he is as a person (not as a fashionista). I felt so bad for him standing there looking around at the other guys, and he’s the one without the rose. Uuugghhh!

12. jim

July 19, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Loved the picture of JP as a kid. It looked like he walked into a Cost Cutters and asked for the Kirk Cameron.

13. Sunnyside422

July 19, 2011 at 1:36 PM

I think Ashley checked out a long time ago…like when she realized JP was the one for her. Going through the motions has to be difficult and with the producers constantly prompting her to kiss and make nice nice with the other guys when she’s just not feeling it. But she signed up and knew she couldn’t end the season a long time ago and run off into the sunset with JP.

Ahhh Steve you little boy! The box of popcorn was one of many funnies this blog!

Ames may be a nice guy…but is lacking social skills. And you know where the forehead and teeth come from! He needs to seriously close his mouth cause have it hanging open all the time makes him look dorkier than he already is. Saw the undies hanging out also. Poor boob!

14. canada girl

July 19, 2011 at 1:52 PM

You can tell in the interview from the Philly paper that Ashley feels like a loser for the whole Bentley thing, like we could forget that she was in love with him etc BUT by her saying she new early on who the one was for her she is clearly back pedaling to make it feel like the whole Bentley situation was no as bad as it seemed.
    You would think that they would have taped Ben’s home town last as it was in Cali but whatever dose not matter. Ben did say that he only ever brought 1 girl home to meet his mom, he never said his sister and I am sure he is very close with his sister that she met way more girls he dated than mom did.
    Ames is such a geek I had to laugh out loud when he shook Ashley’s hand before he got in the limo that guys sure seems like he is in la la land 90 % of the time and for him to be this big Ivy leaguer is just funny.
    I thought that too about the voice over she is talking about Constantine but they want to throw everyone who has read this site off by claiming Steve is a liar BUT we all know he is not and that she does choose JP but they want us to believe that she and JP have this fight and she walks out… I think her and her sister fight because she thinks JP is not the one as it makes since when we head Ashley in the voice over when we see her on that last day saying she has to make her own mind up (or whatever the exact words were) so I think her family may like Ben and not JP…

15. hordac

July 19, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Caught the undies on poor Ames too. I did feel sorry for him in the end. He just seemed so dazed and non-believing! Speaking of blue undies, talk about a blue blood family. Bet Ames can trace his family history back to the Mayflower. I’ve never seen a family as WASPy as that on this show and it explains alot about the way he is. I bet he has a signed original copy of the Preppy Handbook. I do agree that Ashley has been more honest than most of the leads, so it must have been really excruciating to have to sit through these hometowns with their inane heart to heart conversations with the rents and assorted relatives. I’m looking forward to the big catfight between Ash and her tatted up sister, I think it will be the highlight of next weeks episode!

16. mommyof2

July 19, 2011 at 2:33 PM

My husband and I laughed when we saw Ames’ underwear hanging out, too. Poor guy. I really felt bad for him. He seems like such a nice, sincere, smart guy. I wish him the best, for sure!

17. Fade2Black

July 19, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Hordac you took the words right out of my mouth. They are “blue bloods” and he’s trying so hard to act like “normal people”. When they come from certain family lineage, um, how do you say this, there tends to be some inadvertent crossing of close family bloodlines usually. I have the same family type history, and two of our families dating back hundreds of years, up to my grandparents lineage anyway, were “married off” in arranged marriages between families. It results in keeping the blue bloods, social standing/status, money, and can result in more than a few ODDITIES in some, or things that are not normal to most of us regular folk whose parents fell in love and picked their own mates. Kinda like the inbred royal families in Europe. I think this is Ames’ families deal, and they try to downplay it. It’s NOT his fault. Couple that with a brain of brilliance, schooling, an elite upbringing, and being shy on cameras, there ya go. I think he really means well, and is a nice guy. He’s actually grown on me! I feel for him. It’s not his fault, it’s his bloodline and upbringing and he’s doing the best he can. I’m honestly surprised they let him “soil the family name” being true blue bloods, but being on a reality show. Maybe his family has “fallen from grace” and now they don’t care. Anyway, my 2 cents. I was thinking last night how Ames would be an interesting next bachelor!! He would REALLY give us some stuff to talk about, and I do think he would grow on people!! I like him. He seems genuine. I bet when he “clicks” with someone (NOT Ash!), he acts more normal b/c he is COMFORTABLE. I bet he’s TOTALLY different with Jackie then Ashley.

18. yh50

July 19, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Thanks Steve. This line totally cracked me up: “Ames’ face was priceless. He looked like he just got called up on stage for the ‘Price Is Right.’ “

19. wisewords

July 19, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I agree with most of you about Ames. I really like him, too. That smile he had after getting cut at the rose ceremony had to be the oddest in bachelor history, but I think it was just his way of keeping his composure. He’s just smart enough to remember he’s going to be on national television. At the end of the day, in spite of the wardrobe snafus and the ambulance ride, etc., I think our Ames is probably going to end up wealthy, successful, and happily married.

20. wisewords

July 19, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Oh–and I actually agree with Steve about the roller rink date. LOVED it!

21. jessi

July 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM

omg this blog made me laugh til i cried…all the constantin/ben jokes…HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!! hahaha thank u, steve

22. jessica1

July 19, 2011 at 6:09 PM

So – weird theory.

Others have said before, how when on the 1-on-1 dates, if they do something scary (like Jake & Vienna bungee-ing off bridge), there is an attachment created and frequently, they end up picking that person in the end. At least for the final rose.

What if thats what happened to some extent w/ Ashley & JP?!? He was her date post-Bentley. What a mess that scene was. Trauma + shoulder to cry on = luv fest.

Just sayin!

And NOT to take away from their supposed relationship. Because truthfully, I’ve been palpitating for JP since the intros on the first episode. Yum YUM. “If you like it then you better put a ring on it…”

tee hee

23. blondienyc

July 19, 2011 at 6:13 PM

If Constantine leaves next week because of “relgious reasons”–THEN WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU GO ON THE BACHELORETTE????? What are the chances The Bachelorette is Greek Orthodox???? Yes, I know it’s TV (I work in TV myself)and it’s all fake, etc. But these people DON’T know how fake it is and really think they might find love on TV. So why would you go on the show if religion is so important to you? Dumb.

24. fluorophore

July 19, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I absolutely need an animated gif of Ames looking back and forth once he’s eliminated. Someone get on that.

25. Fade2Black

July 19, 2011 at 8:14 PM

I think Ames is going to be the biggest winner of them all! People see that he doesn’t fit in the proverbial “normal box” and make fun of him, but he’s smart, FUNNY (people just don’t ‘get’ him), very charming and romantic, deeply caring, not ugly!, brave (look at the Muy Thai fight), sincere. Whoever he ends up with that is truly on the same wavelength, gets him/his personality, is going to be a very lucky woman! He can run circles around ALL of the other guys in all departments, except JP’s looks, but looks are fading. Ames has an AMAZING personality. If his mate isn’t well traveled, educated, smart and kind (and from similar upbringing to understand and relate), he will not fair well. So I take back what I said about wanting him as the next Bachelor, because they will NOT cast those types of women who would be good for him. There aren’t that many out there who fit the bill, and those that are, aren’t going to want to be on a reality show. It would end in heartbreak for him, and he would not be understood by the friggin idiots in America, and would just end up being a laughing stock ie: his dressing, humor analogies, stories of history intertwined with romance…people aren’t smart enough to get him! Our society has been way too dumbed down.

Wisewords I agree with you-Ames looked surprised and kept his composure because he remembered he was on TV and that was his way of “keeping cool”. Meanwhile people are making fun of him. What’s better, crying, or getting pissed Ash didn’t see what they had (which they never did). Please. People. Please. He handled himself just fine. What’s protocol for getting dumped on national TV…hug? kiss? handshake? This is a guy who grew up calling father “sir” and shaking hands was intimacy.

K-flash-I’m glad someone else sees what a great guy he is besides me. I’m just tired of people who are different being targeted and made fun of, like Ryan being crucified for being a happy guy. Are people friggin nuts? A guy is upbeat and trying to always see the positive and being kind to people. UN REAL. People rather others be bitchy, back stabbing, whiny, talking behind other’s backs…drives me nuts. No truly genuine nice people left, and when there are, they are singled out and ridiculed and made fun of. This world has gone straight to hell in a handbasket.

OK I’m done ranting….I’ve just run into to many nasty people lately and I’m sick of a$$holes!

Anyway, I LOVED the roller rink date…how awesome was that? Best date so far IMO. JP has always turned on my thermostat, but something from the last hometown date didn’t sit quite right with me. Can’t put my finger on it. I think he’s hiding something and might have a side to him that he’s not showing Ashley. He’s hot but something seems a little questionable, or hasn’t been addressed or come out yet. I bet one of his ex’s talks to a tabloid and has some juice. Who of us doesn’t have something in our past we’re not so proud of though. No one’s perfect.

26. mommyof2

July 20, 2011 at 6:34 AM

I agree w/ most of the posts here supporting Ames. He’s truly a gentleman, he’s intelligent, kind, caring, respectful, educated, polite, well-traveled, etc… He only seems odd b/c they’ve never cast anyone with all of those qualities on a show like this. I like him, and to be honest, I like his preppy wardrobe. It’s pretty common for people to dress like that in New England as well as in the South where I live- those who are more educated, that is. People may say Ames and his family are elitist, etc…, but he is obviously a very nice guy, and I thought his family was kind, too. I think there are too many people bashing him just b/c they are jealous that he and his family are well-off. It’s ridiculous. They seem nice, so let them be.

27. kcd361

July 20, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Question: Did anyone notice the red string/bracelet around Ashley’s wrist? Just an accessory, or is she practicing kabbalah?

28. monkeylove

July 20, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Steve – I can’t believe you didn’t bring up the fact that Ames has a horse-drawn carriage with DRIVERS. WTF???

29. morrigan0

July 20, 2011 at 10:09 AM

After all the comments and RS commentary, I may go back and watch the episode. I basically heard much of it while doing other stuff. The one thing I did notice was that funnily enough on elimination Ames wasn’t wearing pink but the guy next to him was. It’s easy to pick on different people not that I agree with it. I would probably come off as a complete loon too but being socially awkward I know better than putting myself in such a position. I really wonder why he did it, I mean he seems intelligent so unless he believes in magic it was highly unlikely he’d find the love of his life.

30. Fade2Black

July 20, 2011 at 10:26 AM

I did notice Ash’s red string bracelet. It was on her right hand. Don’t they usually wear them on the left? I don’t know. People don’t usually wear red string as a fashion accessory unless it is C/Kabbalah related. If so, she does have a “religion” belief system of sorts. Why does she say she doesn’t? Strange. Maybe she’s more “Hollywood” than we think.

31. hordac

July 20, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Guys like Ames make good husbands because they are actually willing to talk to you about stuff and have feelings. So yes, that makes him a horrible candidate for Bachelor. Agree, he will make someone very happy one day. Maybe Jackie, maybe not. The more I think about it, the more those two make a good couple. She wasn’t the typical bimbo this show attracts. Hmm, if things do not work out with Jackie, he should call up Shawntel from Brad’s season!

32. Sunnyside422

July 20, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Could be Ames hasn’t had much success in the romance department so thought this show would be filled with adventure. Doubt he really thought he’d find love…anyone who thinks this show is about love is nuts.

He may be a terrific guy but man is he a bad kisser! No spark, no hotness, nothing. Could be a factor. He needs to discover another nerd like himself and they will be just fine together. If is looking for a hot girl…well maybe won’t happen. He is 31 so has had many chances to find someone. There was never a mention of a significant woman in his past so wonder if all his dates pretty much end after the first or second time.

He is what he is and won’t change. I never found him attractive in the least and I think people are just so bummed that he was blindsided by Ashley. I can’t believe she didn’t offer him more than was televised as an explanation. That ended up on the cutting room floor…pretty much with his heart.

And there is no doubt her attraction for JP is off the charts. They kissed numerous times, touched in some way, hugged, were giddy with each other. They so remind me of Ali & Roberto who had it for each other from the get go. Now let’s hope they can make it work in the outside world.

33. JovisMom

July 20, 2011 at 1:56 PM

I felt soooo bad for Ames! I can’t believe they wouldn’t of cut the cameras so they could tell him to adjust himself! Poor guy!!!I just want to give him a big hug! Did anyone else think that Marie (Constansleep’s) sister look kinda like Ashely, I sure did and a few friends of mine agreed. LOVED the roller skate rink date!!!

34. reflects on life

July 20, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Ames could sure give me a call… if I were 15 yrs younger LOL. I always liked him and his humanity on the show. He’s one of my fav bachelors ever on the show. My guess as to why he was even on the show? It was another adventure in the road of life to experience. Just like visiting 70 countries, doing a reality show was probably just on his bucket list. Not that he’d be dishonest with the lead, I could see him eliminating himself if she wasn’t his type. Seems like a guy who wants to experience all that life has to offer. But he might be too obsessed with his own adventures to ever really build a life with someone else. Just saying.

35. wantaknow

July 20, 2011 at 5:59 PM

I agree that Ames is by far the most interesting, easy to read, and sympathetic guy I’ve seen on this show… and funny both intentionally and unintentionally. Did anybody notice the large wooden rooster carving on the coffee table in Ames’s mom’s house? It was in attack mode, looked like a souvenir from a cockfight or something…. Very funny, especially amid the other staid and WASPY library decor.

36. Lance Corning

July 20, 2011 at 6:36 PM

I am quite certain that it can be arranged for you to receive the only “Mama Rosenbaum’s Nearly Kosher Italian Lasagna” ever to leave Roslyn, New York. The buzz around town is that the Rosenbaum’s first knew JP was really smitten when a producer called to say that he had requested Mama’s lasagna…JP’s all-time fav…for the homedate. It is also said that a large piece accompanied Ashley back to her hotel, or could it have been Mama’s pie? (Apparently, the food at a home date is mostly for show and tell; the participants leave hungry.)

37. Amy

July 21, 2011 at 7:06 AM

Thanks Lance!! Those are the little tid bits of info we all love to hear!! How did you know that?

38. Lance Corning

July 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Local knowledge Amy. There have been many beneficiaries of Mama Rosenbaum’s lasagna over the years. RS’s 7/18 blog set the grapevine in motion.

39. donbstupid

July 21, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Whoa, what does Steve mean that Ben is in love with another guy on the show? Have I missed something? I mean, I love this site, but it’s quite long-winded, so I don’t read every word!!!

40. porchlight13

July 21, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Did anyone see steve’s tweets today? I have been so confused just like on brad’s last season. I couldn’t figure out why Steve was saying Chantal not Emily. Well I was so confused after Ashley said she was falling in love with Ben f she has not said that about JP. She also said he felt like her boyfriend. Also the way she looks at Ben F. like she is trying to hide her real feelings. Well maybe I am right or maybe he has something else to tell us tomorrow. But, I am thinking he is going to say it is not JP as final pick. Anyone else have an idea what the news is?

41. mommyof2

July 22, 2011 at 7:35 AM

That lasagna did look quite delicious. Maybe JP’s mom can make a business out of her home with her lasagna. I’m hungry….

42. poddington

July 22, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Jake looks very odd in the clip posted above. Has he had some sort of cosmetic procedure? He looks like he could be on the Real Housewives of Orange County….as a wife.

43. BLT

July 22, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Wow – Ames face during the final rose was priceless! I couldn’t stop laughing and knew you would have a field day with that. It’s funny, he lives one town over from me and I had no idea til they did the hometown dates. The area he lives in is where all the “big money” lives. Sadly, I don’t live in that part of town.

44. morrigan0

July 22, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I wonder how the 12 yo interpreted popcorn comment:P

Anyhow I found this “news” story(http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-oklahoma-city/jesse-csincsak-of-the-bachelorette-feelings-on-reality-steve) explaining what seems like nothing on both sides but thought maybe there were other people confused about all the comments about RS and Jesse. To be honest, I liked Jesse on the show but again(Emily) after the show he seems to have gone totally into self promotion and I’m no longer interested.

Mucinex works wonders.