Bachelor Pad 2

“Bachelor Pad 2” Recap – 9/5/11 Including a Note from Kasey’s Mom & Where is Holly Going? Finale Spoilers Up Later Tonight

Your episode-by-episode spoilers for “Bachelor Pad 2” are in a link at the top of the page, or or click here. You’ve been warned.

The “Bachelor Pad” finale is taping today. I’m very sure I will have the spoilers for you here tonight. I don’t know the exact time, but I fully expect to have them. So come back to the site later on tonight to find out how it all shakes down. If you follow me on Twitter, are a Facebook friend, or are on the Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page, I will be posting when the column is up if you don’t want to keep coming back and hitting refresh.

It was announced today that the finale next week will be 3 hours – again. I’m guessing this means the episode will be two hours, then what they’re taping today will be the last hour. My gosh. This show has completely gone overboard. Do we really need a 3 hour finale? Especially since there’s only one challenge in Vegas. Jason, Ali, and Trista vote Kirk and Ella as the worst team, and that’s it. They go back to LA, and all it is is Michael and Holly deciding which couple they want to take to the finals. That’s really going to last 2 hours? God help us.

Another side note, I’m off to Vegas again this weekend, so I’m going to put the “Reader Emails” column up on Thursday instead of Friday. I leave early Thursday morning, so I’ll either put it up late Wednesday night, or after I check in on Thursday, so right now, the email bag is kinda low. Anyone who wants their email posted in the column, get them to me in the next couple days and I can pretty much guarantee they’ll go in. I think I only have six right now.

Since the “Keeping up with the Kardashians” finale was covered over two days, the recap for that show is now up covering both episodes.

Also, we have added a new writer to the site. Her name is Elizabeth Spilotro and she will be covering the “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.” The link is at the top of the page, and her columns will be up every Tuesday from here on out. Today’s column has been posted. I don’t watch the show, but obviously I’m aware of the suicide by one of the women’s husband. I’m sure Elizabeth has her thoughts on it, and whatever was shown last night, and I’m sure it will be handled in a classy way. I mean, there’s really nothing funny about suicide, so, don’t expect her to crack any jokes about the guy. She is a mom who also writes for a website www.thislittlemama.com that I’ve linked to as well in her column.

As for Twitter Pad, not much going on last night since the whole cast essentially got sequestered in an LA hotel, so they have to give up their phones last night and all of today. Of course, Blake still found a way to get in a pissing match with a former cast member that no one cares about anymore. Leave it to Blake of all people to give the angry leprechaun the time of day. Blake just doesn’t get it. He’s obviously very thin skinned and cannot handle criticism of any sort. Just ignore the haters, you dolt. Quit responding to everyone and everything that says something about you. No one cares anymore. Let it go. Man, some of these people just cannot deal with any type of negative publicity at all. I don’t get it. Don’t go on the show if you can’t deal with it. Seriously.

The episode starts off pretty much like last year’s started off around this point in the game: Partner up with someone for the rest of the game. Well gee, Kasey & Vienna are a team, Holly & Michael are a team, Kirk and Ella are a team, and so are Michelle & Graham. There’s only two people left. This wasn’t such a big deal since Erica and Blake didn’t have a choice but to attach themselves to each other, which is what Erica was hoping for. They’re then told to get to know their partner, so off they went to start asking each other stuff you would on a first date. I think. Kirk tells Ella his first kiss was at 15, and he first got laid at 18. Ella has a size 34C bra. Ummmm, I know Bachelor Pad really scrapes the bottom of the barrel for their questions, but I highly doubt one of them would be “What’s your partners bra size?” But hey, better safe than sorry, right? Sure, why not give out your bra size to all of America. That’s normal. Or not.

Kasey and Vienna figure they have this competition in the bag because they’re an actual couple and know everything about each other. Holly and Michael would be their only real competition since they dated for two years, but Kasey is sure that he and Vienna have this one in the bag. So sure, he even tells us he can smell victory, and emphasizes this point by running two fingers underneath his nose. Oh boy. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing he’s telling us about his girlfriend. I’m gonna pretend I didn’t see that. And so should the rest of the viewing audience. Because for the life of me, I can’t imagine anyone wants the image in their head of what Vienna…forget it. Lets move on. I just had a late night snack and I’d rather not see it all over my carpet. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts…

So the “Nearly-Wed Game” begins and I hated the editing. Can we at least see who’s getting answers right to what questions? They were all over the board with stuff, and next thing you know, teams were racking up points and we didn’t even know what questions they were getting right or wrong. Of course, Graham and Michelle nailed every question because they had a strategy. That was interesting, since no one else did, nor did anyone think of trying to do it. So that begs the question: After Chris told the teams the night before to get to know your partner, did Graham and Michelle cheat since they didn’t get to know each other and just developed a system for answering all questions, or, was it brilliant strategy? Hmmmm, I kinda see both sides on this one. Blake and Erica hung toe-to-toe with them and didn’t even know each other. But I guess all is fair in love and war, and if you’re gonna press me on it, I’ll say that Graham and Michelle pretty much outwitted everyone with their “system” of answers. Hey, everyone else could’ve done it if they wanted, and none of them thought of it, so, Graham and Michelle deserved to win the competition. Although I still see both sides to the equation, in the end, they outwitted everyone in the house. Nobody said they couldn’t do it, so I guess it’s fair.

Some of the questions:

-How many dates does your partner need before making whoopee? I think Vienna said something like “22.” Wow. Ummmm, I think Dave Good and Wes would tend to disagree with that number. More on that later.

-If your partner was an animal, what animal would he be? Blake told Erica he wanted to be a flying squirrel. This guy is just out there sometimes. Holly and him deserve each other.

-Which quality about you does your ex miss the most? Vienna said her boobs, Kasey thought she’d say her teeth. Yeah, Kasey really blew that one. I seriously doubt any of Vienna’s ex’s miss her teeth. C’mon, man. Think like a man! Boobs!

-If your partner could kiss one member of the opposite sex in the house, who would it be? Gee, never thought in a million years Blake would say Holly.

-If your partner could sleep with one other person in the house, who would it be? Holly says Blake, which led to the line of the night by Michael where he says “I don’t like Blake. I want to punch him in his perfect dentist teeth.” We hear ya’ Michael. And probably most people watching this show wish you would’ve.

-Who is your partners least favorite person in the house? Seems like everyone answered Blake on this one. Can’t imagine why. He seems to be making friends left and right on this show. Such a cordial, caring, and respectful guy who never seems to be a smarmy, condescending, cocky, obnoxious, a-hole to anyone. Weird.

-How many people has your partner had sex with? I don’t think we saw anyone’s answer on this. Well, other than Graham and Michelle’s “7”, since that was their answer to every question that dealt with a number.

-Who is most likely to cheat? This is where Graham answered “Michael” and everyone was on to their little game since nobody seemed to think Michael would be the answer to that question.

-How old was your partner when they lost their virginity? Dammit, couldn’t we have seen all the answers to this one? Kasey’s was 21, and Blake said he got started early at “16”. I hate to tell you this Blake, but I have ya’ beat by a year. Sophomore year of high school. Guess you didn’t get started early enough.

-The final question was: Who is your partners secret crush? It came down to the Blake/Erica team vs Michelle/Graham. Erica got it wrong, Michelle got it right, and whaddya’ know, Michelle & Graham win. Blake & Erica came in 2nd, and for their efforts, they get to have a 1-on-1 date. Which basically sealed their fate.

1. mommyof2

September 6, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Steve- I’m surprised you didn’t mention Holly running through the kitchen in her gold Princess Leia bikini in front of Blake and Erica before Blake and Erica’s date.

Although I don’t like Blake, I agree w/ his assessment of if the roles were reversed and he were pressuring Erica to spend the night, it would look really, really bad.

Glad that Kasey’s mom posted her thoughts on your wall, too. As a mom, I would be so disappointed in either of my kids for behaving this way on a show, and at the same time, I would be angry at the show for manipulating them and ruining their reputation by editing in a way that makes them look like bad people. So, I empathize with her, for sure. I still don’t like her son, though, nor his girlfriend.

2. schnabe

September 6, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Nice recap. Your bedazzled bra comment literally made me spit the diet pepsi out of my mouth and onto my computer screen. I’ll be sending you the cleaning bill.

3. ark13

September 6, 2011 at 11:44 AM

What was the comment about knowing Holly for two years? I must have missed or not remember the back story there. It sounds like Steve is upset with Holly for some reason and overly critical of Blake. Yes, Blake might be a little full of himself and somewhat superficial, but I haven’t seen him do anything that bad. He seems to have real feelings for Holly, he was polite when rejecting Erica’s advances, and he was pretty straightforward during Ashley’s season. He might have played Melissa a little bit, but her expectations are way too high if she thinks she deserves loyalty from a guy she’s known a few days.

4. Hitman206

September 6, 2011 at 11:53 AM

So Vienna is another notch on David Good’s belt to go with Natalie, Jessie Sulidas, etc.

5. Sunnyside422

September 6, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Wasn’t a fan of Erica’s to begin with but darn that woman is a riot and I’m in her corner. She goes after what she wants and I bet her dates get the full treatment each and every time! She would be loads of fun to be around and judging by Blake’s conversations with her post show, they are good friends.

Blake was respectful to her in his rejection…too bad he could not have thought through his actions with Melissa. And as he admitted, he could have gone after Holly from the first night and who knows what would have happened. He is very good looking, intelligent, articulate and defintely a step up from whiney, sobby Michael. Felt for Michael the first few episodes but watching Holly prolong his agony and his reactions, made me cringe. Enough. Move on…she has.

I would not wish misfortune on any couple wading through a new relationship so hope they are actually gonna succeed.

As for Michelle and “Gram”…just don’t see her moving to NY or him to Utah. They may really like each other but a long term future…maybe not.

V & K…very typical of them and their behavior. Combustable all the way around. He the whimp, she the whip bearer. But I have to hand it to them…very entertaining watching them interact.

Ella is a very pretty lady and a classy one at that. Too bad Kirk is not really into her. Hard to take on a 9 year old child and he is only 27.

BP2 has been far more entertaining than BP1 by a long shot. If I never see homely David Goode or trashy Natalie again, it will be too soon. Get real jobs and stay off TV!

6. topazgold

September 6, 2011 at 12:20 PM

@ ark13: I caught that too. It seems that Mr. Realty Steve’s has first had knowledge of Holly in the biblical sense. Hmm….

7. newmoonmg

September 6, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Sorta agree w/Holly, Michael “declaring” himself to her, NOW that he sees other guys are interested. And, getting all possessive on Blake and basically getting the house against Blake? Really? childish.

Mike is better off w/out Holly. That much is clear.

8. Fassero

September 6, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Steve – great article as usual. Not that I’m a fan of Blake either but I have to disagree with your comments on his tweet exchange with “the angry leprechaun”. If you look carefully, he really didn’t start anything. He made a remark to Constantin about C’s then-upcoming radio appearance and the Mighty Mouse (or The Unrelenting Past Contestant Suck-Up if you may choose) decided to dive in. In fact, I thought Blake’s answer to that part was quite funny and he stopped there – as opposed to you-know-who who decided to keep the crapping on in his blog (and probably his dopey streaming video show too.) If after the “radio silence”, he comes back in, I’ll go with you 100%. Otherwise, it’s more another attempt by the little troll to make a name for himself which is more a reflection on him than Mr. Pearly Whites.

9. kc

September 6, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Hi Steve! ~ Here the twist of what i think will happen tonight when the Bachelor Pad finale is taped:
    (Have thought so since the beginning but have put off writing it till now because i thought you would’ve guess this too)
    Of the final 4, the voted-off contestants will get to vote for either 1 woman & 1 man and/or 1 person .. to receive the money. … The *twist* this year will be that the previously-voted-off contestants don’t have to vote for a couple!.. SO.. the winners will probably be Michael & Michelle. .. or, if only one one winner is allowed, the top vote getter of the non-couple voting.

10. VibeCat

September 6, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I honestly think that the biggest mistake Blake made in being with Melissa at the beginning was simply in being with Melissa. That girl is bat-s**t crazy. I know she has said in her interviews that she’s “not like that” but this is twice now that she has been on these shows and has acted like a clingy psycho. I know, “editing, editing” but really, I can’t believe they can edit ALL that crap into her. He should have run FAR away from her.

11. ddblythe

September 6, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Steve,
    Did you catch during the ‘Nearlywed Game’ when Vienna said “I thought you had a 177 IQ”. In case you care, that’s not possible. SO, I figure Kasey is probably barely above average, but we’ll give him 1 standard deviation above the mean just to be nice at 115. If he exaggerates his IQ by more than 1 standard deviation, what does that put his actual penis size at?
    My complicated statistical analysis states about 4″ erect.

12. nora j

September 6, 2011 at 10:07 PM

I totally disagree with you about Holly and Blake….Holly was confused…she still had feelings for Michael which is why she was spending time with him in the beginning and telling him those things…yes she did start to feel an attraction to Blake but Blake was with Melissa in the beginning and Holly didn’t really know how Blake felt about her at that point. Basically I think Holly did still have feelings for Michael when the show started but they started to go away as her feelings for Blake developed. There is no man code to be broken…Blake wasn’t friends with Michael anyway. Anyway Holly and Blake are the only real love story to come out of this and for those looking for a love story that was the only good one to come out of this. Graham is no way in love with Michelle…he likes her but I can tell he isn’t in love..it’s hard for someone like Graham to fall in love. He prob likes Michelle about as much as he liked DeAnna.

13. nora j

September 6, 2011 at 10:10 PM

btw ark13…totally agree with your assessment

14. nora j

September 6, 2011 at 10:15 PM

just read the ending of your post…seriously what do you have against Blake hooking up with Holly. Michael BROKE up with Holly…but he decides he loves her only when another guy wants her..something is wrong with that sorry. Even if they did get back together there would be drama in the relationship..Holly should start new with someone like Blake. I really don’t see what is that smarmy about Blake…he’s a little cocky but overall he’s not a bad guy. He has true feelings for Holly.

15. RavenFischer

September 6, 2011 at 11:29 PM

A few more random thoughts…

1. The only “man code” being broken is Michael being a total b*t*h in his interviews. Dude, man up and stop whining about the chick you lost. You’re coming across like a total pu$$y in your interviews. It’s no wonder Holly doesn’t want you…
    2. Why would Blake even CONSIDER doing anything with Erica. Did you see how fat she is? Here’s an FYI to all of you who think men will sleep with anything: We won’t. We don’t need to. Especially if we’re halfway good looking and can find some pu$$y elsewhere. Didn’t look like Blake was drunk, so it’s not like he was thinking with “little Blake.” He saw a whale in front of him and said “No way, Ahab…”
    3. Same goes for Ella. Move over Shamu. This boat’s hunting for tuna…
    4. Vienna and Kasey are like gold medal winners at the Special Olympics. They may think they’re coming out on top, but it’s still the Special Olympics. Just sayin’…

16. morrigan0

September 7, 2011 at 10:24 AM

RavenFischer…your views on Ella and Erica are part of what makes normal women anorexic. There is nothing wrong with NOT being a size 0.

17. Small_Peanut

September 7, 2011 at 2:41 PM

I haven’t read the recap yet but wanted to share this. Wasn’t she crying how POOR she was and how much she needed the money? Ella just recently had not one, not two, but five plastic surgeries? She’s a good actress, had me fooled she was as poor as a church mouse, ha, ha.

Wow!

18. Small_Peanut

September 7, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Ah, just realized those surgeries were free to promote Erica’s dad the surgeon. Glad I was wrong!

19. reflects on life

September 8, 2011 at 10:20 AM

morrigan0… just the opposite – RavenFischer’s craptastic superficialism make me wanna eat a cheeseburger so that I can avoid dudes like him. Let the skinny girls get stuck with the bastards like him – I’ll take the quality guys anyday.

20. SherryfromD

September 8, 2011 at 1:47 PM

I’m not on twitter, but who is “the angry leprechaun”? Jessie C?

21. ILoveRS

September 8, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Michelle and Graham’s date….. They kind of got the shaft, like poor Ella & Kirk. And If one more couple gets picked up in a damn helicopter on this show, I swear. It’s getting old, people. And for some reason, the cast still gets so excited. Think of something new!