What will happen with your site when they end the Bachelor series? Will you reveal how and from who you have been able to get all the spoilers for all these years when they quit making the show?
Comment: No. I don’t see myself ever doing that. I don’t see the point.
I was just curious, do you think there is any chance at all that the producers convinced everyone to vote for Michael and Holly? I know people probably felt bad for Michael, but with Michelle’s family stuff and Graham’s charities, I can’t see how that wouldn’t win out. You’ve been predicting that Graham & Michelle would win since day one, as have many other sites (although maybe they stole it from you). I’m sure it’s probably totally illegal, but it’s not like the show hasn’t done some other shady stuff this season to get the outcome they wanted, and if they felt like their ending would be predictable if Michelle & Graham won, maybe they pulled a few strings to get Michael & Holly the victory. Or maybe this is just a really dumb theory.
Comment: I don’t put anything past this show in terms of manipulation and coercion, but no, I don’t think they told people to vote for Michael and Holly. As I said on Tuesday, I think Graham and Michelle’s fate was sealed when Blake proposed to Holly. NO ONE wanted to see Michael leave that show empty handed. And if you read either Holly or Michael’s exit interview, they both pretty much said they thought Kasey, Vienna, Melissa, and William would vote for Graham and Michelle (which they did), and they knew they had 4 solid votes for them. It was the other 6 people that they weren’t sure of, and they were surprised that all 6 voted for them. And I think it all had to do with Michael getting embarrassed and blindsided by the Blake/Holly proposal. Without a doubt.
I’m sure you’ve probably answered this in the past but figured I’d ask anyways:
Are the contestants on the “Bachelor/ette” given an itinerary at the beginning of the season or before shooting begins telling them the cool, exotic, once-in-a-lifetime trips they’ll be taking (given they make it past the 1st few weeks)? Or is it all genuine surprise? Everyone always seems like they have no idea so thought you may know if they have any kind of insight as to where the could possibly go.
Sorry if you’ve answered it before but it’s been bugging me! Keep up the good work!!!!! I love reading your blog every week!
Comment: You wanna know what the letter that each participant receives regarding their acceptance onto the show and what to bring looks like? Voila! Here it is (I’ve “x-ed” out cell phone numbers to protect the innocent. You all can thank me later, Lacey, Sarah, and Elan):
Congratulations! You have been selected to be a part of ABC’s prime time series “The Bachelor.” We are very excited about your participation and look forward to seeing you in Los Angeles. You should be ready to be entertained in the most unforgettable places, dine in a style reserved for the elite, live in a luxurious mansion and embrace exotic, high-action adventures. This experience could take anywhere in the world, so please come prepared for anything!
You will be with us for at least five days and/or up to nine weeks. Since there will be no time for shopping and tending to personal errands, we need you to be ready for any and all circumstances. We have put together a list of items you should bring on the next page. You will be participating in a multitude of activities—you might go to the beach, or the theatre, or both. Therefore we ask that you bring everything mentioned in the attached packing list, AND we ask that you put it all in two suitcases only.
Should your family or co-workers need to reach you while you are with us, they can contact either of the following people (please have them call Lacey first):
Lacey Pemberton, Casting Director
Sarah Jane Fuchs, Production Supervisor
Elan Gale, Co-Producer
We thank you very much for your involvement with “The Bachelor.” We’re looking forward to getting to know you better and hope you have a great time!
The Bachelor Staff
What Should I Bring?
· Photo ID & Passport (must have)
· Cell Phone
· Evening Gown/Cocktail Dresses
· Dressy Dinner Clothes (At least one outfit should include pants.)
· Casual Evening Clothes
· Casual Day Clothes
· Work-out Clothing for indoor and outdoor Activities
· Comfortable Outdoor Clothes
· Comfortable Traveling Attire for possible long-haul flights
· Coats and Jackets for dressing up and dressing down (it may be cool in the evenings)
· Clothes for all types of weather; snow, rain, sun and wind
· Tropical Resort Wear, i.e. shorts, tank tops, ensembles for semi-casual outdoor dining
· All types of Shoes; dressy, hiking boots, comfortable, exercise, casual
· Sun Hat
· Several Bathing Suits and Cover-ups, if desired
· Robe or Cover-up and Slippers, if desired
· Pajamas and Under Garments
· 1 Pair of Sunglasses (Sunglasses are not to be worn on camera only off camera)
· Sun Screen
· Prescription Medications in original bottles, refilled
· Any necessary Over-the-Counter Medications
· Personal Items including: Make Up, Skincare Products, Body and Hair Products
· Anything you can’t live without
PLEASE KEEP ALL OF THESE ITEMS LIMITED TO TWO (2) SUITCASES ONLY
What shall I leave behind?
· Cameras (Absolutely NO cameras—they’ll be confiscated!)
· Clothing with exterior logos or labels (e.g. Nike, Guess, etc.)
· NO iPod or other music devices and compact discs.
· NO Computers or iPads, etc.
· VERY IMPORTANT: Before boarding your plane to location you MUST close your myspace account and deactivate your facebook & twitter accounts. This is imperative. You will be able to re-open your account when the finale of the season you are on has finished airing.
Comment: This letter is so funny because you can tell how much of a form letter this is. It could’ve been sent to any contestant whose ever been accepted over the last 8 or 10 seasons. You can tell because at the end it says you “MUST close your myspace account.” Huh? Who the hell still has one of those? Actually, if you remember back to last season, Frank Carpenter had a MySpace page and that’s where I got most of his pictures from. Funny stuff.
I bet you wanna know whose name was written after the “Dear” in the beginning, don’t you? Here’s a hint: It was from three seasons ago.