The column is awesome! You had me at DeAnna’s season! My 2 questions are:
1. Since Blake and Holly are engaged and fell in love on the BP show do the same rules apply with you as far as getting them a wedding gift if they actually get married? Or is this only for the Bach/Bachette couples? I wouldn’t be surprised if Holly pulled a runaway bride and the wedding doesn’t happen. With all of those 50 cent words that Blake throws around it is hard to imagine Holly can even keep up with him!. Unless it is her edit she seems to be…well for lack of a Blake 50 cent word…DUMB and I’m talking straight Kelly Bundy dumb! I could have really used Blake to help me out with this one!
2. Are you going to do anymore interviews with previous contestants from the Bach/Bachette or BP show? My favorite interview was the one you did with Jeremy…that was good stuff! I remember you saying you did one with Rego (Ali’s season) but then took it down after all of his girlfriend/no girlfriend BS. Are there any other interviews you did from Bach/Bachette I missed and can still listen to?
Thanks for the entertainment and Props to you and your sources as you are always…SPOT ON!
Comment: 1) No. I’ve always said I will only buy a wedding gift for the final couple from “Bachelor” and “Bachelorette.” However, even if I extended that to ANY two people from this franchise that got married, do you honestly think I’d buy something for Holly? Not a chance that would’ve happened.
2) Ok, since this person mentioned it, I guess now is a good time to bring it up. Starting in October, every Tuesday on the site for the three months leading up to the Jan. 2nd premiere of the “Bachelor”, I will have an interview with a former contestant from this show. Might be someone from “Bachelor Pad”, might be someone from last season’s “Bachelorette” or “Bachelor”, and it could be someone from many seasons ago. But it will be there every Tuesday for three months straight barring technical difficulties, which I don’t expect. Some of the interviews may actually be Skype interviews. Will all depend on if the person I’m talking to uses Skype themselves. I’d love for them all to be Skype interviews, but there’s no guarantee of that. I’m really looking forward to this. I think a lot of you will be surprised at some of the people I plan to have on.
Reading through your reader e-mails from 9/8, something really bothers me. I mean, from the moment that I read in your finale spoilers that Blake and Holly are engaged, my mouth about hit my keyboard. Your last comment in your reader e-mails says that Blake and Holly got engaged on Sunday and then by Monday all contestants were sequestered and had their phones taken away, so there wasn’t a lot of time for Holly to tell Michael about the engagement. So, did Blake plan to propose on Sunday because he knew she couldn’t tell Michael before the taping or did some stupid PA working on set plant a little bug in Blake’s ear that he should do it this way so it would make great TV? Why am I even asking? I know what you’re going to say.
I’m sorry but something just really doesn’t sit right with me and the whole Blake / Holly / Michael triangle. I think it’s a combination of a very rushed decision by Blake and Holly to get engaged and the fact that Holly is really coming off to be a very fickle woman who just wants to get married, regardless of whom she is marrying. When she got close to getting married to Michael, she got scared and ran. Maybe she’s one of those women that is in love with the idea of marriage but runs when it’s coming close? I don’t know, but I don’t expect Holly and Blake to get married.
I wish you would share with us your connection to Holly but I know you let that ship sail a long time ago. I just know I missed the boat because I wasn’t following at that point. I just wonder if knowing whatever your connection was would cause me to think Holly’s even more fickle and undecided in her love life. But it’s okay if you don’t share, I understand. It’s your business and I am just a nosy reader.
Something really bothers me about the Holly situation and the funny thing is that I blame you for me caring about this so much. Before I found you, I never read into anything that happens on this show, I took it all at face value and that was that. Now that I have been reading your blog for a few seasons, I find that I am literally delving into every situation and thinking it’s all just bogus. But at least now I can admit to my fiancé that it’s just a stupid show . . . knowing you’ve helped me to keep that into perspective.
Keep doing what you’re doing. You’re a delight to my Tuesday / Friday routine.
Comment: Many people have brought it up this season because they’ve picked up on my dislike for Holly, so I will address one thing in particular in regards to her. My feeling towards Holly this season has absolutely in no way, shape, or form have anything to do with some sort past relationship with her. Holly and I have never hooked up, we never dated, we never even talked about any of that stuff. It was never like that between us. I’ve met the girl once in my life, and that was this past April when I was in LA for the Reality Rocks Convention. We hung out with her friends at a bar for a couple hours and that was it. So no, none of the way I feel about her now has anything to do with any sort of past physical relationship, or being rejected by her, or anything of the such. She’d say the same thing if you asked her. She’s moved on, and so have I. The end.
1. Is it possible that Holly and Michael planned for Michael to be the spurned lover – to get the sympathy final vote if they made it to the final 4 in Bachelor Pad (which they did of course). It could also garnish sympathy for Michael to be the next Bachelor (which some fans were hoping for). Or perhaps this theory is all just my wild speculation!
2. Steve – you said you had a full time job – is writing this website it? If so, how does it produce you income? If not, how did you become the go-to man for Bachelor and all its subsidiary shows? I think I’m not the only one who would like to hear the history of how “Reality Steve” came to be!
Comment: 1) I don’t think Holly and Michael planned anything like that, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t in the back of Blake’s mind when he proposed. He had to have known that everyone would feel bad for Michael and that they’d vote for him, which in turn helps Blake since she’s engaged to her and she’s now got 125k in her pocket. Did Holly and Blake concoct the whole plan together? No, I don’t think that. I just think her winning the money was a byproduct of the engagement being shown and announced before the voting took place.
2) I think I’ve told the Reality Steve story a gazillion times. Don’t feel like getting into it again. As of about a month ago, yes, the website is now my full time job. I’m excited to see what the future holds.
Just seen on UsMagazine.com that supposedly Emily was asked to be the next Bachelorette but declined because she is already dating someone. Do you think they really asked her? Wouldn’t they want to take someone from Ben’s upcoming season? Any word on who her new man is?
Comment: For the 1001st time, Emily is not going to be the next “Bachelorette.” Period. End of story. Don’t ever believe any rumor concerning it and don’t ever bring it up again. Not happening. I’ve been saying that for the last 4 months since the rumors started. I’m sure the “Bachelorette” will be one of the girls from Ben’s season, just like it has been the last four seasons, where they’ve taken a top 3 or top 4 girl from the most recent “Bachelor” season.
As far as I know, Emily does not have a new boyfriend. The tabloid story of her dating some family friend is just speculation with no proof whatsoever – like most tabloid stories.
So reading your reader emails from last week and honestly some people are just plain stupid. My favorite was the ONE that talked like THIS. She capitalized RANDOM words that had NO meaning.
Comment: I get that a lot.