Dr. Reality Steve

“Reader Emails”, More Goofy Ben Pictures, and the Return of Dr. Reality Steve

Some notes to get to before a loooooooong “Reader Emails” section, including the return of “Dr. Reality Steve,” which will be on the last page. Great to have him back. He’s a real genius that guy. Send all your love/sex/relationship/marriage queries in. He’s the best advice giver in the world and doesn’t even charge you.

A thing I got a lot of tweets and emails about yesterday was obviously every single tabloid and entertainment outlet running their, “Emily Maynard to be the next Bachelorette” headlines, with none of them even mentioning that a week ago I said the same thing. Well, except for AccessHollywood.com. They were the only ones who acknowledged it, so thank you. Isn’t it funny how all the stories also threw in, “Our sources are telling us that filming is being moved to Charlotte.” Really? Wow! What a coincidence! I told everybody that last Wednesday. Look, I get how it is. These sites and magazines are not going to ever credit me for stuff I have on my site way before them. It’s how it goes. I’m fine with it. Sure, I love pointing it out because it shows what little credibility they have. Hey, if you want to get your “Bachelor/ette” info from People, and US Weekly, OK Magazine, and E! Online, by all means, you do that. Just know that you’ll be weeks behind people that get it from my site. I’m sure plenty of people who read those sites don’t read mine, and I’m sure plenty of my readers don’t read those sites. Works both ways. I’ve been spoiling and giving you inside information about the show for three years now. I think it’s obvious where to go to get your “Bachelor/ette” news from, and it’s not those sites. They will rarely tell you anything you haven’t already read on my site weeks earlier.

“People” even ran in their story yesterday that their “sources” are telling them that Bentley is interested in being on the show. Look, this show is 2 months away from filming. Final casting hasn’t even happened yet. That’s nothing but speculation at this point. Remember, this show has never re-casted someone from the beginning of the season to compete that was previously on another season. So IF Bentley even comes on Emily’s season, I’m guessing it would be in the same way Shawntel came on. I have no idea if that’s going to happen. We’re too far away. Not on my radar yet. Could I see ABC approaching him and asking if he wants to? Of course they will. Will he do it? I have no idea. Remember, that guy hasn’t given one public comment in six months since the beating he took for his showing during Ashley’s season. Although, he is finally on Twitter now as he just joined within the last week I believe. So maybe he’ll make some comments there, but I doubt it. Whatever the case, I’m guaranteeing you that if Bentley does end up appearing on Emily’s season, guess where you’ll here about it first? Here’s a hint: It rhymes with “Beallitycreevelockbomb.”

So today Shawntel and Brittney will be the two girls on the conference call with the media. Frankly, outside of “What’d granny think of you bolting the house?”, I don’t care much for what Brittney has to say. On the other hand, I’m very curious to know how Shawntel handles this. Of course, the stuff that I want to ask her is never going to get asked, but hey, if any of you reporters want to actually earn your money, get on the conference call today and ask any or all of these three questions:

1. Did going on this show have anything to do whatsoever with you being able to now talk to the media and promote your book coming out called “The Final Rose?” Seems awfully convenient considering the timing of everything.

2. How much did you get paid to come on the show? And don’t say nothing, because that’s a lie.

3. In Chris Harrison’s blog this week, he says you approached the show about coming on to see Ben. You say the show called you about the idea. Why can’t either of you get your stories straight since it basically is ruining the whole credibility behind your appearance?

Those will never get asked, but, at least they out there in case anyone wants to take a stab at it. You don’t even have to credit me. You’re welcome.

Did you read Ben’s quote to TV Guide this week? Very interesting. First time I’ve ever heard the lead of this show basically acknowledge that the proposal at the end is bogus. TV Guide asked him, “So Bachelor time is kinda like dog years?” And his answer:

Ben: “I realize that an engagement here is very different than a marriage. It’s a commitment, and that’s what it will remain until the next step. It’s a leap of faith that we have to take – bigger than people take in the real world.”

Nothing that none of us already didn’t know, but no lead has actually ever come out and basically admitted, “Yeah, the engagement at the end means nothing. It’s what happens afterwards that matters.” Like I’ve said, I’ll believe the ending of this show when the final couple actually walks down the aisle.

As we saw a couple weeks ago, I posted the pictures of Ben being silly at his high school reunion. Well, Ben was at it again last week as he took pictures with his boys at the company he worked at before moving back to San Francisco, “Let it Ride Design” in San Diego. This is where the Storm Horse came to life. He’s still in the video on their homepage. After viewing these pictures, I think it’s pretty safe to say that Ben is just a big giant goof. And likes hanging out with shirtless dudes in their underwear.

Page 1 of 712345...Last »

1. lillithcsks

January 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM

So what is Bentley’s twitter account?

2. carol

January 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM

One of the big reasons that Emily was announced early as the next bachelorette is because applicants have to be interested in dating/marrying someone with a child. Lots of guys throw up the hand when it comes to Jiffy Family.

3. rs607

January 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM

They recasted Mary Delgado and she “won” that season – you can call their twisted sick drunken violent rel that have put her in jail twice winning.

4. rs607

January 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I forgot the most important word “IF” at the beg. of “you can call their twisted…” in the post above.

5. crumpet

January 19, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Jenna worked at Lucky magazine (not on the editorial side) until relatively recently, so yeah she’s not really a blogger.

6. caitlyn

January 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Steve I disagree with one comment. You call Ben a “giant goofball”. I call Ben a drunken party boy, along the lines of Charlie O’Connel and Ed Swiderski, same type of guy, will never commit to a real relationship. The booze and the parties always come before a woman for these dbags.
    Great column, this show is so boring with Apeface as the lead.

7. caitlyn

January 20, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I hope your planning on buying JP and Ashley a wedding gift and staying true to your word. I’ts gonna happen.

8. xxznat

January 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM

to the girl whos bf would buy her a ring., I suggest u ask your bf why it seems lik he is not that interested and just ok bout ur wedding.

9. karynr

January 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Drunken high school party boy. I wouldn’t even elevate him to college level.

10. JenJen

January 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Are you EVER going to get over the fact that no one is going to credit you as being the first source? You mention it EVERY SINGLE TIME it happens. Seriously, Steve, just get past it. Unless you really are just out for fame.

11. Dianne

January 23, 2012 at 7:05 AM

@JenJen..hun?? What are you on about?

12. Dianne

January 23, 2012 at 7:16 AM

oh gosh no!! I live in Toronto, ON, Canada, and am totally not looking forward to this:

13. locondcoco

January 23, 2012 at 12:58 PM

JenJen, completely agree. To say that “its fine with me” that those other sites dont credit him, yet to go on and on and on (and on) about how little credibility it has, etc, etc clearly shows that it is NOT fine with RS.

14. mommyof2

January 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I’m behind on the Bachelor episodes b/c I watched Alcatraz last Mon. Instead, but I watched the Bachelor on Sun. B/c it came on ABC in the afternoon. I cannot believe how those women reacted when Shawntel arrived. They were mean girls for sure- just so rude and vicious! I now think it would’ve been AWESOME if they had Ben’s sister, Julia, arrive instead, acting like another contestant trying to win Ben’s affections. Working undercover, she could report back to Ben what some of these girls are REALLY like. Now that would’ve been fun to watch!

15. CaliGirl

January 23, 2012 at 1:27 PM

mommyof2, I LOVE that idea! That would be kind of gross to see Ben’s sister flirt with him and vie for his affection even if she was pretending. But that still would have been entertaining. The show needs to try SOMETHING different for a change!!

16. wisewords

January 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I have often wondered why RS feels the need to constantly complain (ad nauseum) about readers asking him the same questions. Apparently they really bother him. And he expects us–the readers of his blog–to go back and read every entry he’s ever made so we won’t ask him a question he answered before. Really???

This business about “I won’t create an FAQ page because people wouldn’t read it anyway” is a bunch of bunk. At the very least, he could just ignore the questions. How easy is that?

Ah, but I know I am asking too much of our sophomoric Steve. Complaining and rambling on and on is all part of the RealitySteve M.O.

17. Jessica Rabbit-DFW/HHH

January 23, 2012 at 8:10 PM

why is courtney such a d-bag? and why does she keep doing that smirky sideways thing with her mouth?

18. nora j

January 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I still can’t believe Courtney will be the final girl. She’s a bitch and they are letting us all see it. She is worse than Vienna…actually I feel like they hid some of Vienna’s bitchiness to us cuz i actually felt sorry for her and thought Ali was the bitch that season. Anyway I haven’t seen the producers allow that kind of edit for the F1 ever…either she really isn’t the F1 or there is a first time for everything…or maybe the edit isn’t that bad but I’m biased cuz I just can’t stand Courtney’s personality.

19. nora j

January 23, 2012 at 10:57 PM

btw I knew Emily wanted to be the bachelorette. She was lying when she said she had no interest in it. She was just waiting for the hype of breaking up with Brad to die down. Subconsciously or actually consciously she knew there was a good chance she would do it but just not right after she broke up with Brad.

20. apm22

January 24, 2012 at 7:59 AM

You don’t give credit to where you got your sources so why should the magazine covers. And not everyone reads your site, by the way. Also, Mary Delgado was a contestant on two seasons of the bachelor.

21. sourpuss

January 25, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Courtney ought to be checked for a new disease called well-rehearsed Tourette’s Syndrome.

22. gege

January 26, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Watched Australian Tennis — Nadal reminded me of a very very handsome Ben – Nadal is MUCH smarter though!