Reader Emails

“Reader Emails,” “Dr. Reality Steve,” & Live Video Blog Tonight at 9PM EST/6PST

So this is what Maddie looks like the night before her live video blog debut. I guess she needs her beauty sleep. Either that, or this is her every night when I’m on the couch and I just decided to take a picture. Don’t forget, 9PM EST/6PM PST tonight, check back on the site and I’ll be doing a live video blog talking about all things “Bachelor” related, some news and notes regarding what’s going on, I’ll answer your questions in the live chat, plus I have some left over “Reader Emails” and “Dr. Reality Steve” questions. How I’m going to manage to be able to do all this? I have no idea. Maybe I’ll have some alcohol nearby to spice things up a bit. If you still want to get an email to me, send it in the next 8 hours or so and maybe I’ll be able to get to it on the air. Looking forward to tonight.

There will be a live chat going on while I’m on, and you can participate by registering now and signing up here:

Depending on how many questions I get to and quickly can answer will depend on how many other “Reader Email” and “Dr. Reality Steve” questions I answer. I will try to get to as many as possible, so ask away. Nothing is off limits. Well, except the lawsuit. You can certainly ask anything, but it doesn’t mean I’ll give a serious answer either. I might just laugh at it. And haters, by all means, show up tonight in all your ridiculousness so we can have fun at your expense as well.

If you missed my tweet yesterday, a couple things regarding this season’s “Bachelor.” First, it looks like what I reported back in October about Casey S. having a boyfriend back home will become a storyline on the show. The Bachelor Facebook page even posted it yesterday teasing, “Which girl has a boyfriend back home?” I’m guessing it’s Casey based on what I told you back then, which was right around the time Mike Fleiss had that tweet about “every year someone thinks they can outsmart our producers.” I hinted it might be Casey because I had been told she was seeing a Michael Patak before she left, and now with confirmation from ABC themselves that one of the girls has a boyfriend back home, my guess is it’s her.

Also, it came to my attention that there’s a syndicated show hosted by Jerry Springer called “Baggage.” I’d never heard of it til yesterday. Never even seen an episode. Silly show. One guy, three girls, each girl has three “baggage” secrets that are locked up, and as you advance, you have to reveal one more personal “baggage” of yours, and the guy eliminates them based off that. And wouldn’t you know, one of Ben’s girls just happened to be a recent contestant on it, and that was our Miss Pacific Palisades 2011, Samantha Levey. You want to check out the episode, here’s how:

1) Click this link: http://tv.gsn.com/shows/baggage/videos/
2) Click on “Full Episodes”
3) Go to page 2 at the bottom
4) Find “season 3, episode 51”
5) Watch Samantha embarrass herself

For those that don’t have the time to watch this brilliance, Samantha ends up being the first girl he sh**cans. Her three “baggages?”:

1) She burns all her exes belongings if they cross her
2) She plans to get 7 plastic surgeries
3) She takes naked pictures of every guy she sleeps with and posts them online.

Classy. And for sure she went on the “Bachelor” looking for her husband.

And finally, Chris Harrison gave his first public comments on Emily being named the “Bachelorette” to EW.com. You can read the whole interview right here. He even address the question you all love to ask, which is “Why do they recycle the lead? Can’t we get a new face in here?” Chris actually agrees with those people, but looks like he’s being overruled and sees why they don’t. Here’s his answer:

EW.com: When rumors of Emily’s casting surfaced, it reignited the debate over recycled contestants: Some fans love it, some fans hate it. What’s your position on it?

Chris Harrison: Agree to disagree on all aspects. I’ve always been really on the other side of the fence from the creator of the show, Mike Fleiss. I say you can easily go out and find that Bachelor, that everyday guy — Aaron Buerge and Andy Baldwin, we’ve done it before. I’ve always fought for going out and finding someone new. I can’t guarantee it, but we’ll do it again. We will. That’s what the whole show was predicated on. We’re gonna find this great guy — not necessarily a celebrity, not necessarily someone you know, not necessarily millionaire but just a great, great guy that’s sincerely looking for long and would be an awesome catch — and let’s let it play out. I would love to get back to that. But on the flip side of the coin, Mike Fleiss, who is far more of a genius than I am — it’s why he’s the millionaire, and I’m the host — says you have that built-in story, and there’s a lot to said for having a built-in story coming into reality television. The hardest thing to do is start a show, whether it’s Survivor, Idol, anything, and making you care about these characters. And when you already care, we got you. We already have half the battle won … I think when it comes to Emily and The Bachelorette, when you have such an obvious home run and it’s such a great story and a great social story with the single mom as well, there’s so much that we’ll bring into the show. Anyone who says they’re not watching, they’re not happy, fine. You don’t have to watch. I think this is gonna be a great show, and I totally agree with “recycling” Emily and bringing her back.

So it doesn’t look like the recycling is going anywhere anytime soon. Unless Chris Harrison takes over as show creator. Not happening.

Page 1 of 612345...Last »

1. kdksigns

January 26, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Steve,

We love you, but you really need to get some art on your walls. Everything is white and/or tan/brown. Whats with that?

2. penguinfan01

January 27, 2012 at 4:15 AM

Steve, I am a huge fan of your blog and your video chats, and will stay that way. My comment is one that I sent you when you were so positive that Chantal was the pick. I am going to say it again, when this show leads you in one direction and makes it blatant that so and so is the pick, then it usually goes in the other direction. They are making it clear that Ben likes Courtney a lot. Watch your back, I am thinking it will go the other way. MF is very predictable, you already know that. Keep up the good work, I could not get through a show without your spoilers.

3. karynr

January 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Thanks Steve. I wasn’t home last night, and have only watched half so far, but have to tell you Maddie is so adorable. Of course you already know that. She’s a helluva lot cuter than Courtney! And probably nice too!

4. karynr

January 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM

nicer….in a hurry

5. Dianne

January 27, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Awwwww..Maddie!! What a sweet pup!

6. arp88

January 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM

That limo question is bothering me now. I remember the season – the first girl to arrive was chosen and they sent her up into the mansion while he dumped the other girl, who had to have the limo pull over so she could puke in the bushes on the way there. I can’t remember which Bachelor it was or who either of the women were!

7. nyfanatic

January 29, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Hi Steve,

Jesse Palmer’s season was the one when they had the winner come out of the limo first and then she watched from above in a house while he rejected the other girl (I don’t remember their names at all!).

8. cangel44

January 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM

love your blog. I think that name remembering question is funny. I remember how they do it and how long those ceremonies last….and how many names are called at different intervals. I would spill the beans but I dont want t,,,you addressed it not that long ago.Had to of been within the last seasons before Ashley and Brads. Buuuut… I did forget…why is that pavement always wet at the meet and greets. LMAO

9. Dianne

January 30, 2012 at 11:15 AM

ummmmm..nyfanatic..was it Jesse Palmer, or was it Andrew Firestone? I thought it was Andrew Firestone, Jenn was the girl that came out of the limo first and watched from the house.

10. karynr

January 30, 2012 at 11:32 AM

It was Jesse Palmer. He chose a blonde and gave her a ticket to NY….no engagement ring. The other one, I think her name is Tara, puked on her way to rejection.

11. karynr

January 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I think her name is Jessica (the blonde). That was a big nothing of a season!

12. Dianne

January 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM

right, right, it was Jesse, and yes, Tara..that was her name ..she kept asking the driver to stop the car so she could throw up!

13. sherry123

January 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Courtney is such an awful person. It only proves to me that men are blind when it comes to sex. She’s not good looking. Skinny, yes; pretty, NO!!! Yikes! She’s terrible. She’s cultivating a lot of BAD KARMA!

14. princess1107

January 31, 2012 at 9:37 AM

It is very disappointing that Ben can not see the true Courtney that the other girls see. She is decietful and certainly not pretty or even cute. I have yet to figure out what Ben sees in her. He should have eliminated her in the beginning. She doesn’t show her true colors when she is with Ben. She definitely has a problem getting along with other people and is a different person around Ben. I am very disappointed that Ben would fall for someone of her character and that he can’t see through her. Casey B. is the sweetest and in my opinion the best pick for Ben. You can just see the chemistry when those two are together. The entire show seems to be about Courtney so I guess we should have known after the first few episodes. What a shame – the loser wins! How disappointing!!