Dr. Reality Steve

Another Live Video Blog Tonight, “Reader Emails,” “Dr. Reality Steve,” & Has The Guys Mansion for Emily’s Season Been Identified?

Back with another live video blog tonight at 9PM EST/6PM PST. It will NOT be 90 minutes this week. I am going to make sure we stay right around 45 minutes. It’s going to be a little more interactive as I plan on just saying a few things, then immediately taking the questions you submit. Your name and question will appear in text on the video next to the live feed, so you’ll be able to see it. Also, once the show is over and it’s archived, you’ll be able to scroll over every question that was asked on the show, and pick up the video from that exact point, rather than re-watch the whole thing. Not to mention, you’ll be able to tweet and FB out any of those answers that you’d like. So join Maddie and I later tonight as I rip through as many questions as I can.

Emily Maynard gave her first interview yesterday with People.com since being officially named the next “Bachelorette.” Well, at least she admits that changing her mind was hypocritical and thought that she’d never do it. So why’d she change her mind?

“I know it can work,” Maynard says. “I fell in love the first time and no, we didn’t end up getting married, but in the end just falling in love, for me, is a success.”

Now if I read that answer correctly, to me she’s saying that an engagement/marriage out of the whole experience isn’t necessarily what she needs, but that just finding someone is good enough for her. Well that’s refreshing to hear. Sounds like someone going into this not expecting to find a husband, but just somebody to fall for. I mean, I’m sure there will still be a proposal at the end because that’s what these people are pretty much expected to do, but at least Emily seems a little more level headed about the whole process. We’ll see. But for her first interview, I actually somewhat liked that answer. And I loved the fact she owned up to coming across hypocritical and admitted Ricki will not be a major part of filming, if at all. So now the moral police can calm down about this affecting Ricki. Didn’t affect Ty during Jason’s season, I’m sure Ricki will be the same.

Now as for her season, local reports coming out of Charlotte this morning are saying they’ve identified not only the city of where the guys mansion will be, but also the address, which is completely different from this report which came out 2 weeks ago, claiming it was this house. I never really put much stock into that report since it was just pictures of a house and they didn’t even give the location of where it was. From what I hear, this report is more accurate. The mansion is located at 16424 Marvin Rd, in Charlotte, North Carolina, a small, high end suburb. You can see the listing here on Zillow.com. I’ve also included some pictures from the listing (Photos courtesy of: Peters & Associates, Inc. and LunahZon Photography

__________________________________________________________

I mean, it certainly looks like a mansion that can be used for the show. 12,000 sq ft, 6 bedrooms, and 9 bathrooms. Sounds about right. Time will tell if this report is actually right. I’m hearing it is, but it’s still early in the process, filming doesn’t start for another 6 weeks, and who knows, maybe now since I posted the address, they’ll change it. Crazier things have happened.

Page 1 of 612345...Last »

1. atlashasshrugged

February 2, 2012 at 2:03 PM

So giving a nano-second thought on the Ben season – being that they are always looking for the “Most dramatic episode, ever” – could it be that they are angling for something new this season? Perhaps – Ben thought he really found love during the show – but now after watching the season play out dumps Courtney at the “After the Final Rose” for being a complete ________? Seems like something that they would do especially after the whole Benetley thing last season.

2. canamcharlotte

February 2, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Like a lot of folks, I claim only to watch the show so that I have some reference when reading your hilarious recaps. I swear I do! Anyway, if 16424 Marvin Rd. is indeed the location for the bachelors’ home base in Emily’s upcoming season, it turns out I only live a short walk away. I will be sure to be on the lookout for a TV production setup. I’d love to be able to send you a photo or two. Let the spoiling begin!

3. hordac

February 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I’m rubbing my hands together in anticipation canamcharlotte! Maybe you can be one of RS’s sources!

4. luna

February 3, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Steve, I was wondering if you know where Emily is going to reside while doing the filming. I guess not in her own home, right?

5. carol

February 3, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Steve, did you notice the big surge in viewers around 9:30 – 9:35 pm? At 9:00 pm, you are competing with “The Office”. May want to consider changing day or time. Or not.

6. ladh

February 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I’m sure it’s hard being a single mother and I commend anyone that is, but to say it’s frustrating to think your child is holding you back? Your child is a gift that deserves everything you have, so please don’t let your child know you feel that way. I know we’re better parents when we’re happy, but I would rather my child be happy and have everything over me.

7. canada girl

February 3, 2012 at 2:18 PM

While Emily owned up to being a hypocrite in regards to doing the show after saying she would never was nice to hear.
    However I feel that once she films she will be a hypocrite as she will kiss some of the guys AND the one big thing her and Brad fought about was her not handling that he kissed other girls while going through the process..I really hope she owns up to that and I hope one of the Bachelors call her on it too!!!

8. Ellieanne

February 3, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Interesting that the listing for 16424 Marvin Rd. was taken off the market on Feb. 2nd. Not for sale anymore. Hmmmmm.

9. luna

February 4, 2012 at 12:47 AM

On another note (reg. the house) it amazes me how this specific type of house is considered fit for “single family”. In Europe, you would easily fit 4 families in that mansion. lol

10. hillsbury

February 8, 2012 at 5:08 AM

#3 – Would you be ok if your new boyfriend started dictating who you can and can’t talk to? And trust me on this: turning into an annoying shrew is not going to do a relationship of four months any favours, baby on the way or not. You’re still the new girl in his life. The core of your issues are either: (a) he can’t have other women in his life or (b) you think he’s got something going with the ex. Option a, can’t help you with – it’s something you and he need to talk through. Option b… go read the texts on his phone. If he’s always careful to keep his phone with him, he’s a cheater.

#4. High school boys have the emotional intelligence of a baby frog. However high school girls are evil incarnate. Never believe a word you hear second hand. Rumours are designed to stir shit up. Next time a girl comes to you with “he said…” just say “thanks but I’m not interested.” If you don’t get involved in the drama, you’re not worth their time. And if you’re really concerned about something, go to the source. 90% of the time, the original statement is much less exciting than the final edit.

#5. He’s having some kind of emotional crisis. People in a good mental space are looking forward, not backwards. Chances are he’s hoping you’re still sad and hung up on him to give his ego a boost. Or as Dr Steve says, he just wants to know he can tap that ass.

#6. Next time you’re in the queue together at Starbucks, tap into your inner morning grump for a starting line. Tell the truth while you stand waiting for the coffee like “I really need my caffeine this morning.” If you’ve registered on his radar, he’ll pick up on the opportunity.

#7. If a guy was looking after his sick father who required 24 hour care, it would dampen his dating life. Simple fact is that people looking for romance don’t want to have to compete with another person for their paramour’s time, no matter what the reason.

Some free advice: the most successful single parents I’ve known when it comes to dating compartmentalise their life. Their child in one part, dating in another. They don’t talk about dating to their child and they limit talking about their child to the person their dating. It’s different when you’re actually in a relationship, of course, but in the beginning it makes sure that the person you’re with, in each situation, is your focus.

Just, y’know, a woman’s opinions of the above questions….

11. pa2charlotte

February 13, 2012 at 8:12 AM

My friend’s sister lives down the street from this location in Ballantyne and she says people are already staking it out! I told her she can “blame” it on Reality Steve. Too funny! According to the guy you have to call to film in Charlotte per my hairdresser, the mansion was going to be in a house on Lake Wylie just over the Buster Boyd bridge.