Dr. Reality Steve

“Reader Emails,” “Dr. Reality Steve,” Live Video Blog Tonight, and Pictures of the Final Two In Switzerland

Let me start off by reminding everyone about the live video blog tonight at 9PM EST/6PM PST and also talking about a couple things that have come up since Tuesday’s column: the tarantula story and what’s with all the break-up rumors between Ben and Courtney? As far as Terry the tarantula, now that caught me completely off guard. I’m shocked at how many people read that paragraph and thought I was serious that that tarantula sucked out Courtney’s blood then died from blood poisoning. I thought it was written so ridiculously and so sarcastically that people couldn’t possibly believe that was true. Guess I was wrong. People were emailing me cheering that they’d heard the tarantula bit her. Unreal.

Seems like every Thursday I have to start off this blog and address all the tabloid rumors that come out on a weekly basis (tabloids are released on the shelves on Wednesday, and that’s when all the other internet sites start running with the stories.) So we’ve read plenty of stories and heard numerous quotes from anonymous sources that Ben and his final choice (Courtney) have broken up. The bottom line is I don’t think anyone knows what the hell is going on in these two’s relationship, including myself. I know they got engaged in Switzerland. After that, so many rumors and stories come out, it’s impossible to cherry pick which ones are true and which ones aren’t. I have not specifically been told they are broken up. That doesn’t mean they aren’t, just means I haven’t been told they are.

Now, do I think there’s trouble in paradise? Yes, I do. If you read between the lines of these quotes, you can see that Ben is trying to get out in front of this by having people from his camp leak stuff to the tabloids, and you’ve even got people from Courtney’s camp leaking stuff on her behalf. Which is why I’ve been saying for months, the “After the Final Rose” is gonna be one interesting show. People can speculate all they want and write stories with headlines that “Ben and his final choice are over,” then when you read the story, it says nothing in it about a breakup. I’m supposed to be getting some information later today that I will hopefully be able to share tonight on the live video blog (9PM EST/6PM PST). I think the truth to all these stories lies somewhere in the middle. I definitely don’t think these two are in engaged bliss right, that’s for sure. But to the extent that some of these stories are reporting? Not sure if I buy that either.

No one is going to know for sure where everything stands with them until the ATFR tapes on March 4th. After that, you’ll have your complete story to what’s going on. Ben absolutely fell hard for Courtney during filming, it’s been quite obvious by watching the show, he proposes to her in Swtizerland, she said yes, and they started their life. Remember, the finale was taped Nov. 16th. The finale doesn’t air until Mar. 12th. That’s almost four full months where stuff can go down, and it looks like they’ve had some problems. But no one really knows what those problems are, when they started, why they started, etc until the ATFR is taped. Then is when we’ll get our answer. But as I’ve been saying since September when Ben was announced as the “Bachelor,” did you honestly think this guy came on this show looking for a wife? Are ANY of you surprised by ANY of this? Me neither.

As for Switzerland, well, photos got released yesterday (below) that confirm who your final two women are: Courtney and Lindzi. Both this site and WetPaint.com posted pictures that were released by whatever news source had them. Obviously nothing new here and only confirms what I knew months ago. Granted, do these pictures confirm he picked Courtney over Lindzi? No. But he does. So in case there were still some doubters out there that these weren’t the final two, you may now begin working on next seasons conspiracy theories. Cuz this one is O-V-E-R, and has been for months. So click on those links above to see the pictures.

Page 1 of 612345...Last »

1. Dianne

February 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I dunno, call me crazy, but don’t the pictures above of Courtney look more like professional modelling pictures (especially with the camera guy right behind her)?

Also, I cannot belive ANYONE thought the story Steve told about the spider biting Courtney was for real!

2. karynr

February 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I thought the same thing earlier. They look like professional modeling photos, but I’m sure they have hair and make-up people at their disposal to prepare for Final Rose (and take PR pictures).

I also agree about the spider biting story. I was laughing quite heartily at that one and find it hard to believe someone would take it seriously.

3. ChristineO

February 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM

“they’ve had some problems” DUDE!! the girl is a complete nutjob! seriously just plain crazy!! ya think he got it by now?? I know he is a bit slow but c’mon!!! LMAO

4. AJ13

February 16, 2012 at 1:41 PM

The more I read the reader e-mail columns, the less I enjoy them and I’ll tell you why: I understand why you are a condescending jackwagon to the e-mailers that ask the ridiculously dumb questions (Did the tarantula really bite Courtney, is Emily the next B’ette etc.), because as Reality Steve, that is part of your ‘schtick’. However, even with the e-mailers who ask legitmate well-thought out questions, you are a condescending dismissive know-it-all jackwagon. You are the king of saying ‘that’s a stupid question’ in a hundred different ways without actually saying it. I don’t know if I’m in the minority here, but it bothers me. Just remember: You didn’t start getting a huge following until you obtained a source to leak spoilers…without them, your site traffic would be what it was before you had a source; practically non-existent. I just think you should treat your followers with more respect. Just a little constructive criticism that I doubt you’ll consider, because the only opinion that matters is your own, right? Sheesh, end rant.

5. jfore

February 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I have avoided this site all season because I wanted to be surprised! lol But every week I get more and more annoyed that Courtney is still there and now I just read he PICKS her! OMG what an IDIOT…that’ll last a minute.

6. cindy01

February 16, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Not surprised one bit that they’re having problems but of course like Steve says we won’t find out the real truth until the reunion shows….boy, ABC’s ratings are going to go thru the roof when they air.
    I do have to say that the pic of Courtney in Switzerland is absolutely gorgeous….what a shame that she acted the way she did in front of millions of people. Just think what an advantage it would have been for her if she would have acted like a normal human being on the show, I bet then her phone would be ringing off the hook with modeling gigs. I wonder if her career has been tarnished now with all this negativity in the media about her.
    I will bet you money that at the reunion shows Ben will anounce they’re not together anymore.

7. MAC

February 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Ben’s nipples are freaking repulsive!! I almost feel bad for him. This season is so boring..Emily’s season will probably be even more boring. Guess I’m looking forward to Bachelor Pad.

Also wanted to point out – re: the dna/blood test – isn’t it possible that the current husband and the ex she cheated with could have the same blood types?? Just saying. It’s not like there’s 50+ blood types in existence! According to the all-knowing Wikipedia, 37% of the US population is O+.

8. karynr

February 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I’ve been reading a lot of breaking-type news this afternoon and wonder if the ATFR is going to be without one of the “winners”, or will it be a nasty free for all? This should be interesting. He’s mortified, but definitely an a##wipe, and would she show her face on national television after the past few weeks.

Whoever made the comment about how positive her exposure could have been was so right. If she wouldn’t have been so damn narcicisstic and mean, she could have had offers pouring in, regardless of “winning” or not. How ignorant.

9. wisewords

February 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Well said, AJ13. (We need a *like* button for good comments here!)

10. georgiegirl

February 16, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Why is anyone assuming that Courtney ISN’T getting bombarded with modeling offers? I doubt they care if a model is a nice person or not. I think they pick models mostly because they are “unique” looking. Courtney is definitely unique looking. Unique as in almost alien.

11. missmeghan

February 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I also agree AJ13. While i love the humor steve brings to this ridiculous show, he doesn’t show much appreciation for his fans that have made him successful. Last week he basically told us all off for hating on Courtney and to get a life and I notice the condescension in some of his e-mails as well. Stay real Steve! You have a lot of fans that love and appreciate all that you do- don’t put us down.

12. mchrisb

February 16, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Like others here, apparently, I was avoiding RS so that I could be surprised but the longer Courtney has stayed, the more I’ve wanted to come here and now, here I am. Since reading RS’ final spoiler, I’ve been trying to think of an up-side to Nitwit Ben choosing oh-so-ugly-on-the-inside-Courtney and I think I have it! Now, Ben has to sit and watch how vile and disgusting Courtney acted throughout. Less Blakely and the girl that made out with her, most of the women this season had some class and dignity, like Kacie B! Ben would have been so lucky to have taken Kacie or Rachel or Emily or anyone but Courtney back to Sonoma with him! Side note: poor Jamie O., I could have included you in my list of dignity keepers but … you know.

Well, Ben, you play, you pay – have fun with half of Hollywood’s reject left-overs(Courtney)! Kacie B, Rachel, Emily, etc – count your blessings! I imagine that you feel like Chantal from Brad’s season – like you dodged a bullet!

13. Dianne

February 17, 2012 at 7:03 AM

AJ13, you are TOTALLY the minority! If you don’t like what Steve puts out, then don’t read, and don’t comment. Steve Rules!!!!!!

14. jnalya

February 17, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Aj13 you are right on the money. Definitely their are persons who ask ridiculous questions and I truly understand his witty and condescending attitude about it. But there are persons who are asking genuine questions and he seem almost annoyed or tired of typing or something. I love this site I am here almost every Tuesdays and Thursdays but there is always room for improvement. The improvement is answering person’s geniune questions like you want too.

15. mixingmel

February 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I think this show will always be a complete joke unless they quite asking people that are obviously seeking “publicity” to be on their show in the first place and start asking the normal “joe/missy” What I mean by that is make it more real with real people have a matching chemistry locator like e-harmony or “match chemistry” to locate possible individuals that might be a fit FOR ONE. Just because someone is “hot” and has a good job is not an indicator of a good potential relationship,yea they help but these people that are placed on the show are OBVIOUSLY seeking publicity. They are obviously not interested in an actual relationship because they don’t even ask the most basic questions of one another and like Ben’s case was just out for a good time (based on his connection with Courtney, I mean REALLY?? if he was that immature to even PICK her then he is not ready and is not even capable of seeing/picking out a lasting true “partner”.) He is swatting at pretty flies catching them and then deciding if they are right there’s no rhyme or reason to his choices. And I don’t buy; well “Courtney was there to connect with “Ben” BS and why she couldn’t get along with others EVEN if she was dating the same man! Getting along with people you don’t necessarily like IS A VALUED life skill! If someone can’t connect/get along with anyone other than the person they are trying to “seek” then they have connection issues and mental shallowness which are not good qualities to have in a future companion. Courtney was the essence of “have a good time, in the moment” connection, which is perfect for the relationship incompetent person (Ben) that is out for a good time. GOOD CALL ASHLEY!!!

There should also be challenges within the show that offer a “dimension” of “team-work” AND “communication”, and I DO NOT mean like the bachelor pad OMG how stupid is THAT SHOW. Someone should come up with a real version of this show it would have so much potential. Bachelor and Bachelorette will always be a complete bomb and a complete stupid waste of peoples time until they get a real dose of “realism” to it.

Also, I think its sleazy to allow them to kiss each other or have intimate contact with one another until the end, its just trashy, I mean COMMON!

16. mixingmel

February 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Oh, and one more thing. Courtney is UGLY and has a mouth of a lizzard…. Just had to say that! What is wrong with that girls mouth besides her insane personality??? She’s gross all the way around, sleezy ho.

17. locondcoco

February 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Completely agree with AJ13. As much as I appreciate all the insite and info that RS provides, it does not give him the right to treat his loyal readers the way he does. You know whats more annoying than getting a repeat question? Reading RS repeat every post about how he’s had the spoilers right MOST of the time, how he always has them first and months before the first episode even airs, how no one credits him for the info, and how he can’t believe people still question him when he’s been pretty spot on with every spoiler. Thats nice. We know that. Thats why we’re here. We hate repetition as much as you do, Steve. Stop repeating yourself and we’ll stop it with the repeated questions.

18. Sue

February 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Two things:

1. Can anyone tell me who Kellie Raspberry is that a reader said RS should date?

2. For those who think RS is kind of a jerk in answering reader emails or in promoting himself in his column, what do you think about his Dr. Reality Steve responses? I’ve been pleasantly surprised at what a nice, reasonable, considerate guy he seems to be — definitely a kinder, gentler RS! Now I’m wondering if that is the REAL Steve and if Reality Steve is just a character he’s putting out there.

19. dketch

February 17, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I just got round to reading Sunday’s NYTimes – article called “The Roses! The Romance! The Roasts!” and it quotes Mike Fleiss as saying: “I try not to take it too seriously, whether people are saying ‘this is my favorite season’ or ‘I’m never watching this show again’ – WHAT I LOOK AT IS THE SHEER VOLUME OF THE RESPONSE.” That just goes to show you – he doesn’t care what the viewers think – you can hate Courtney, love her, or anything else about the show, but as long as whatever they put on the show, if it stirs up a big response (as it is definitely doing with the whole Courtney thing), that’s all he cares about. RS has had this show – and Fleiss – pegged from the beginning!

20. keekster

February 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Ummmm Hello? “Reality” Steve is not always accurate. I seem to recall a “I know with 100% certainty” result he shared that was completely WRONG.

And I agree with the masses – I rarely come here because of the condescending know it all attitude!

21. nikkineel

February 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM

My friend just ran into a friend of Ben Fs. Sounds like its a little dicey w/ Courtney.

22. nikkineel

February 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I just cant wait until Ben takes Courtney home to his family!!! His mom and sister in their pearl necklaces…they are gonna die! This is gonna be much better than JP and Ashley H

23. JovisMom

February 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM

@ Sue – Kellie Raspberry is a radio personality on Kiss 106.1 (or Kidd Kraddick in the norning) a radio station in Dallas/Ft Woth. If you go to kiddlive.com you can see pics of her and even listen to the phone. I know this because I live in Dallas.

I also completely agree w\ you on your second point.

24. JovisMom

February 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM

*morning
    * listen to the show

Sorry :)

25. mirabelleglass67

February 20, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Dear ABC please be more aware of the sequence in which you replay your “reality” footage. On more than one occasion i have noticed “movie” mistakes in the bachelor alone. Most recently tonight. example: when ben goes on courtneys home town date you show them meeting the parents first then doing the fake wedding but during scenes at her home they are both already wearing their grass rings. Now this would be ok seeing as tv is meant to portray things to be in a more appealing morder BUT while they are walking to their picnik WITHOUT the rings ben says to coutney that her parents are good people( or something to that affect)

26. mirabelleglass67

February 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Phone commenting messed me up but my point is that if you want us to believe in your so called reality shows then dont make it so damn obvious that you’re rigging things up and telling them what to say. seems like production companies are so focused on pulling in reviews that they have yet to hire a decent editor to actually catch those things. lame

27. russellsfan

February 21, 2012 at 7:08 AM

I think her lips are injected with collagen. Her mother’s top lip is very thin. It would explain the odd mouth thing Courtney has.

28. mags1022

February 21, 2012 at 7:50 AM

I too agree with AJ13…fans spend their time writing out questions and visiting the site and should get a thoughtful answer (or an answer period) to their questions. I love the site…keeps me entertained but I don’t think fans should be belittled for actually participating in the conversation.