The Bachelor 16 - Ben

Your “Bachelor” Recap Including an Update on Emily’s Season, WTA Spoilers, and Those Wacky Bloopers

Ahhhhh, the final two. Just like I told you back in December two weeks before this show even started airing. It’s fun being right all the time. It really is. People can say what they want, but there isn’t another website out there that does what I do, and puts their reputation on the line every season by posting spoilers as early as I do. And outside of a couple slip ups, my track record is impeccable. I do what I do every season, will continue to do what I do every season, and life will go on. And what is that you ask? I talk about the show and give spoilers while all other sites talk about me. That’s the way it’s always been and I don’t expect it to change. I don’t need to talk about what anyone else says because they don’t know what I know. It’s why I like to make fun of tabloids, internet sites, and message boards, because all they do is basically run variations of stories of what I post. And in some instances, rip off everything I say without linking it. It’s sad, but expected. If you can’t beat em’, join em.’

Speaking of spoilers, lets talk Emily’s season. Like I said, things are going to continue on as usual for this site. Sure there’s some legal stuff going on, but I’ve denied what they’re accusing me of from the beginning, and will continue to do so, all the while focusing my attention on what lies ahead in Emily’s season. To be honest, I’ve been working on Emily’s season since about mid-January. There was nothing left to spoil on Ben’s season outside of the WTA and ATFR tapings, which I’ve already gotten one of them. ATFR tapes this Sunday, the 4th. Anyway, just to let you know, I’ve already got 6 guys from Emily’s season confirmed, including a couple date locations. I’m sure more will be coming shortly. However, just like I did last season with Ben’s girls, no need to release the names until people actually leave to film the show. Releasing them now could only hurt their chances and maybe not get them cast. So, I’ll just wait and will release a few in my column the day after the finale. The guys will arrive in Charlottle on March 11th and filming will begin on March 14th in Charlotte, North Carolina.

For those that haven’t been to the site since last night around 7:00 CST, your “Women Tell All” spoilers are now up in the post underneath this one. Those are the basics of what you need to know come next Monday night. In case you don’t feel like reading a separate post, here’s what I wrote:

-The girls in attendance were Monica, Brittney, Erika, Elyse, Jenna, Rachel, Kacie B, Jamie, Jennifer, Amber T, Jaclyn, Samantha, Blakeley, Emily, Nicki, and Casey S

-If you follow me on Twitter, you know that on Friday I tweeted they somehow got Courtney to show up for the taping, which she did. Lindzi was not in attendance.

-Courtney was pretty much under attack by the girls for the most part, but was actually pretty quiet throughout. Apologized for her behavior and defended herself as much as she could. Sounds like a lot of the girls weren’t buying it and kept going after her, forcing Chris Harrison to step in numerous times basically telling them to shut up and quit talking over each other.

-Emily and Courtney had their say over the fight on the show, and apparently it wasn’t nearly as bad as people might suspect it could’ve been, although both Emily and Courtney ended up crying at some point. Courtney admitted she didn’t handle it right when Emily apologized to her.

-Samantha seemed to be the one to voice her opinion the loudest about Courtney being very aggressive, calling her names, and being obnoxious – basically exactly what she’s been doing on her Facebook fan page and Twitter account the last two weeks. That chick is totally trying way too hard to keep her name in the limelight for someone that no one really gives a sh** about. However, you can pretty much pencil her in for “Bachelor Pad 3.” She’s a trainwreck.

-While Courtney was on the hot seat, there was a girl who actually went up and gave her a hug, but I’m not sure yet who it was. UPDATE: WetPaint now confirms that it was Jenna who gave Courtney the hug on stage.

-Chris Harrison was VERY sick during filming. Breaks were taken and Chris actually was given an injection of some sort at one point.

-At one point during filming, Monica actually pulled out a tampon and asked Jenna if she’d accept the final tampon. No idea if that will make air.

-Ben took the hot seat and was confronted by the girls as well, and apparently defended things he did, but all in all, wasn’t nearly as juicy as expected. The women were hard on him, but he gave a lot of canned, robotic answers.

-The after party was at Las Palmas, where Ames and Ryan Park were the first ones to get dibs on the new “fresh meat” this season. Ames is a piece of work. Dude, nobody cares that you went to the party and took pictures with every single person there and had to show us on your Twitter account. Talk about a guy milking his fame. Geesh. Make it a little less obvious. And enough with the photo shopping backgrounds too. What an odd bird.

-Saturday afternoon was a “Bachelor Gives Back” event at the Sheraton LAX with the Boys and Girls Club with free arts, where pretty much all them stuck around and painted arts and crafts with kids. I’m sure this will be shown next Monday as well.

-Saturday night, the women went to Katsuya in LA where Ames and Michael Stagliano joined in. So to all the other bachelors from past seasons, just know that Ames, Ryan, and Michael Stagliano have already laid the ground work for who they’re going after. You’ve got some catching up to do.

-As we speak, most of the girls are still out in LA partying. They are headed out tonight again in LA, and I’m sure Ames and Michael will be tagging along if I had to guess. Go get em’ guys! UPDATE: Most of the girls went to the Parlor in Hollywood last night to watch a stand-up show.

ADDED: As mentioned in Thursday’s live video blog, and we heard Chris say in his voice over for next week, I just forgot to throw in this column, but Shawntel does come to “Women Tell All” to talk about coming on the show, and, probably to plug her book.

And for those not following Ames’ Twitter, he’s basically turned into what most of the guys from this show turn into, and that’s an attention seeker. I’ve never seen someone post so many pictures of themselves in my life. He basically wanted to let all of us know that he met every girl from Ben’s season, took pictures with them, and pretty much hit on them as well. And did you notice every single one of his pictures is photoshopped? What’s the point of that? Ames, if you’re gonna try and make us think you took a picture with the girls on the beach, you might not want to use a beach background taken straight out of the Caribbean or something. Sorry. I lived in CA for the majority of my life. Not a single beach has crystal clear water like that. You’re not fooling anyone you dolt. Try for something a tad more realistic. I thought you were a brainiac or something.

Page 1 of 612345...Last »

1. russellsfan

February 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM

kill shot….

2. casper33

February 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I couldn’t find the recap amongst all the self-congratulations Steve was showering upon himself.

Would love to see Steve answer in tomorrow’s Video Blog why he displays such arrogance in his writing but not so much in his live videos.

Humble pie, try it.

3. deedee1

February 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I counted Courtney screwing with her HAIR 27 times when she and Ben were talking at dinner!!!! OMG! Her hair must be a greasy, oily mess after an entire day of her fondling it!

4. addicted2rs

February 29, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Why would Steve say that it was telling that Nicki wouldn’t make it to the F1 when she didn’t get her first date until episode 5. Steve is always saying the lead has NO SAY in who gets picked for the dates. So which is it?

5. Dianne

February 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Steve, pay absolutely no attention to the bashers here. You just keep on being Steve. If you want to gloat, then by all means, gloat. It’s YOUR site, and you can put out whatever you want. If others don’t like it, then that’s just plain too bad!

6. Athena

February 29, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Amen Dianne!

I just don’t get how people feel entitled to criticize others when it’s their choice to read or not.

And, in terms of the “characters” on the show, in my mind they are just that. So little of who they really and truly are ever gets shown and what is shown is so out of context with real life. Enjoy it for what it is, and if you’re not enjoying it, don’t watch.

7. AJ13

February 29, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Might as well just hit up WetPaint…same spoilers, more interesting stories, none of the arrogance and self-adulation. Who cares if they get their spoilers from Steve? They do a better job of actually integrating them into news stories/columns. I spend about 3x the amount of time browsing WetPaint than I do here…whereas WetPaint has something to read every day, RS is only good for Tuesdays and (sometimes) Fridays (yeah I realize I’m posting this on a Thursday, save it.)

8. carol1975

February 29, 2012 at 5:29 PM

AJ13 you make a good point. Nowadays with so much competition, it doesn’t matter if Steve got his info first. If some other website or blog has a better delivery of that info, people are going to favor that site at Steve’s expense.
    He is building up a following, so he should hear what people have to say and really think about it.
    People are fickle, and the Internet makes it easy for them to move on and change allegiances to other sites if they don’t like his tone. It’s easy to say “if you don’t like it, don’t read it” but, can he really afford to lose readers? Every person counts.

9. Athena

February 29, 2012 at 5:32 PM

AJ13 and carol1975,

So long. We’ll miss you…not.

10. ishouldbeembarrassed

February 29, 2012 at 5:46 PM

You know, Kacie had a lot of guts to go back and get rejected a second time by a guy she’s in love with. I may be silly, but I think she really was in love with him. I don’t think she’s a media whore. 99% of those women did not want Ben to choose Courtney.

And rock on, Lindzi, they gave you the hardest darned dates ever, and you made all of us women proud. Why didn’t they hang Courtney off a cliff now and again?

11. bahurupiya

February 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I think the show is going through its “awkward” phase.

In its early years, the repetition of memes (right reasons, journey, etc), the liturgy of the rose ceremony, and the blandness of the personalities formed a unique product – a sort of reality TV equivalent of “elevator music.”

As the reality genre came into its own, and the shows became cruder, more raucous and in-your-face, the soothing sameness of The Bachelor allowed the show to retain its loyal core audience – even as many children of that first generation of fans deserted it in favor of rocks and flavors and bad girls needing love.

Steve said it in fewer words – “times change.”

So the producers began to scramble a bit.

A couple of seasons ago they even dipped a hesitant (and quickly withdrawn!) toe into the terrifying waters of “diversity,” casting a deracinated, but visually “ethnic” Roberto as the winning contestant.

Evidently that didn’t fly too well with the focus groups, so they regrouped and decided to stick with ramping up the drama.

This season, as we are reminded in every single promo, they’re going all out – complete with a “polarizing” Bachelor and a “villain wins” ending, a last minute and clumsily thrown-together redemption arc the only concession to their traditional audience.

How will they know if it’s working though?

Times keep on doing that changing thing – including the way people watch TV.

Do ratings even mean anything anymore, with so much of the world’s TV viewing taking place online – without benefit of network-supplied data collecting “player” software?

Is there any way ABC can find out how many people are downloading, um, I mean watching, the show now?

Marketing makes strange bedfellows. ABC might have to start being real nice to nerds. And learn a little Swedish… 😉

12. colson521

February 29, 2012 at 8:06 PM

One specific time I noticed the ITM/actual date voiceovers or whatever is right as they’re sitting down for their picnic. She is talking about how she feels bad about treating the girls poorly and you can hear slight differences in her voices, then they go to an ITM of her where she is saying something about how she hopes it doesn’t make it hard on her and Ben’s relationship. But she could have been talking about ANYTHING and the part about the girls was done later then edited to make it look like it was actually in Switzerland.

13. mommyof2

February 29, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Love Steve and his column, but I have to say that I just don’t have the time to read these long recaps anymore ( they seem much longer this season, or maybe i’m just not as interested b/c Ben and this season is do boring!), so I’ve been using my speed reading skills as well, often skimming over various sections. I do want to go back and read what Steve said about that dumb “Hey Cow” game though. I guessed I skipped that in an effort to just get the gist of Steve’s column.

14. mommyof2

February 29, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Also, I’ve never, ever criticized Stevenob this board before, and I agree that Steve can say whatever he wants since it’s his site, but I have to agree with a lot of the posters that Steve’s self-congratulations is a little much. I know it’s got to be frustrating that these other sites and publications steal his info. And give him no credit, or try to discredit him, so I understand Steve wanting to say he’s right every column. But, he definitely goes on and on about it, and I’ve been quite annoyed about it for awhile as well. I just try to skip over it until I get to the good parts of his recap. I’ll keep reading you, Steve, but just know that we know you were right all along. That’s why I read your columns and will continue to do so!

15. monasez

February 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM

It’s taken me awhile, but I finally figured out what it is about Ben that makes him so goofy looking. Slick down his hair, give him a spiked cowlick and voila: Alfalfa!
    Courtney has a great future….as tabloid fodder.

16. carol1975

March 1, 2012 at 5:22 AM

@Athena

what are you, 6? What are you going to say next? You suck, poopie head?

17. Athena

March 1, 2012 at 5:42 AM

carol1975,
    Nope. I’m going to say “live and let live”. Life is short, why spend your time criticizing something you’re unhappy with if you’ve cleverly figured out another way to get what you want? Watch the show or don’t. Read Steve’s column or don’t. Seems silly to complain about how you are so bothered by either when no one is forcing you to watch/read. My goodness, it’s just a tv show! And just one person’s blog! You’re right when you say that if people stop watching the show, it will either change or go off the air, and the same is true for Steve’s blog. We can express our opinions with our choices.

I guess for me the bottom line is that none of us here produce the show or write the blog, and we have a choice whether to participate in either. I do both because on some level I enjoy both. When I stop enjoying, I’ll stop watching and/or reading. No reason to complain about them. As I said, life is short and spring is almost here.

18. carol1975

March 1, 2012 at 5:51 AM

And what I am trying to say is that I don’t dislike his blog, I just want to offer some constructive criticism. Steve’s blog is his business, and we the readers are his customers. If you have a business and a customer comes up to complain, lets say, about your service, you are going to try to address it, not yell at the person and say go somewhere else. Because if you did that to every person who complains, you would be a moron and would be losing a ton of business.
    Let’s say if you go to Starbucks and the barista is rude on a regular basis, are you going to stop drinking coffee altogether or are you going to complain to the manager so they improve their service?

19. liz123

March 1, 2012 at 7:09 AM

carol1975, I couldn’t agree with you more. You’re right that a “customer” of Steve’s has every right (& maybe even an obligation if we want his blog to continue) to mention things that are unsavory to the readers. The large majority of people who comment on Steve’s self-congratulations agree that it is quite off-putting, so maybe he would want to know that as to not turn off other readers (who could go to WetPaint instead). My husband & I own a business so I have a little experience in this arena. If a customer is unhappy with our work, I’d so much rather that customer tell us & give us the chance to rectify the situation as opposed to staying silent & going somewhere else for their services the next time. If I want their business, I should be open to their comments instead of saying “Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out” which seems to be Athena’s (but hopefully not Steve’s) business model.

20. luvthebach

March 1, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Wow..just Wow!! What is really going on here? Does anybody realize we are getting all riled up about a fake television show and the guy who gives us the inside scoop on it? I for one am thinking some us us “need to get a life” a real life..where our own love stories and friendships happen to us..not some guy with awful hair or some twisty mouth girl.
    Again, the creator of this BS, Mike Fleiss is a genuis, for making us talk over and over about these people we wouldn’t even choose to have in our life to begin with.
    RS is just taking the opportunity to capitalize on the entertainment value of this and even if he comes across snarky or sarcastic, at least we know who he is and have seen his face, since he is not afraid to let us know who he really is. Those of you who are just bashing this guy are choosing to remain anonymous!

21. topazgold

March 1, 2012 at 7:14 AM

carol1975, the difference between Steve’s “business” and Starbucks is at Starbucks you’re paying for a service/product. Steve is giving you his spoilers for free and it is your prerogative to take your “business” elsewhere if you don’t like the service/treatment.

22. Dianne

March 1, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Right on topazgold!

23. carol1975

March 1, 2012 at 7:38 AM

topazgold, more in my favor. I don’t even have to pay to get Steve’s info and read his recaps, but he does make a living out of his site and the more people who read him, the more $ he makes out of it.
    I have nothing to lose.
    He does.

24. bigfatwoman

March 1, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Oy vey everyone!!

Someone in an earlier post was one of the first to say that Steve’s self-congratulatory nature is getting borderline excessive……and obviously, that’s what a lot of us were thinking because many of us chimed in in agreement.

These so called “negative” posts are nothing more than constructive criticism for Steve…. someone we’ve all grown to love and count on to make us laugh. We are his audience. We are his customers.

No one needs to get all high and mighty and proclaim that if we don’t like it we should go elsewhere.

That’s not the point. It’s just people trying to help make Steve better. If you don’t think his bloated chest beating week after week is an issue (especially with this last post coming into the finale), then great, you don’t….so be it.

25. liz123

March 1, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I find it hilarious that some people are comment saying others should “get a life” instead of worrying about a TV show or a blogger… all while they are also commenting on the same TV show & the same blogger in the exact same comment section of said blog. Does your hypocrisy truly know no bounds?!

26. locondcoco

March 1, 2012 at 9:06 AM

not only is it off-putting and excessive now, its also rather reptitive (for those of us that have been reading for years now). i’ve said it before and i’ll say it again- RS, as much as you get annoyed at repeated questions (uh, “why is the driveway always wet?), its no fun reading your constant excessive self a$$ kissing all the time.

27. lalala7

March 1, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I’ll be shocked if these two are still “together” at ATFR. In fact, I’d almost wager they’re not. Anyone care to wager? 😉

28. lalala7

March 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM

And Steve, you’ve been wrong more than once, so take it down a couple notches. You make your readers almost want to read a retraction the day before the finale so that you’ll stop gloating.

29. karynr

March 1, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Oy vey is right! I come on here to have fun people. While everyone is entitled to their opinions, it is hysterical how everyone is getting riled up over a cheesy trainwreck of a reality show.

Keep going, RS. While some of this is definitely true, it certainly won’t stop me from reading your blog and the corresponding comments. It is what it is and it’s not going to change.

Fleiss must be beside himself with joy. Who cares how many people get hurt, lied to, threatened, etc….The Model without a heart, and the cold, condescending monkey are making this quite a season for him. Talk about the most dramatic (fill-in -the-blank) ever….this season is so bad in so many ways, it’s being talked about all over the place!

30. karynr

March 1, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Okay…I know it’s RS and not the show that is getting everyone riled up, but let’s continue enjoying this bizarre trainwreck, and if you don’t like what you read here, no one is forcing you to do so. Life’s too short to spend time spreading negative energy. Lighten up and have fun with it!

31. lalala7

March 1, 2012 at 11:04 AM

heh I think the comments here have been pretty civil and constructive compared to some of the crap people write about The bachelor on the internet. We all like reading it or we wouldn’t be here and i can only speak for myself for i have no interest in spreading “negative energy” into the atmosphere. These are just observations and feedback for RS. With that said, this is definitely all about fun and if it’s not then people probably have some serious problems they need to address about their mental health :-) This train wreck is irresistible. Can’t wait to see ATFR.

32. luvthebach

March 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM

@liz123. If you were talking about my post then please notice the “we” and “our”. That would mean I was talking about myself too. We used to have fun on here and I love the show (while pointing out that the creator is having a great time while we keep on talking about this inane BS). But, keep on watching it, I do, and keep on reading what Steve writes, I do. But was just saying WOW..that all these folks are so irritated by this right now when all this guy is doing is giving us what he has always given us… A Sophormoric, Slanted, Skewed view of REALITY TV.

33. scavanaugh

March 1, 2012 at 4:00 PM

These posts are hilarious! For those of us who have read Steve since 2003, we know that he has not changed one iota and writes the exact way he did almost 10 years ago. All of the arrogant chest-pumping, raunch and rants he goes on are all in fun and I love it. It’s so bizarre that people want him to tone it down. It’s like telling porn stars to “tone down” the sex scenes and not show so much gratuitous sleeze when that is in fact the whole intent and purpose. Still kind of clueless, considering he’s written this way in the beginning, wrote this way for a decade, and all of a sudden people are so surprised that he’s obnoxious. Thank goodness Steve doesn’t care and just keeps on being Steve, which is the whole point of his skewed, sophomoric and slanted blog. Or did some of you want him to change the name of the blog to “My Humble Musings about the Bachelor”? Maybe he could pre-submit columns to me and I’ll censor them for anything untoward or sleezy. I’ll keep his ego in check, even though it’s that very thing that makes Steve Steve.

34. hordac

March 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Sorry I forget who posted this earlier but I also note that the comments here seem to indicate a pretty high intelligence level of the readers generally as compared to other comments I have seen on other blogs. It makes me wonder where the stupid letters to Steve he prints come from! Debaters on both ends of the “Steve’s ass kissing” issue are bringing forth good points lol!