Bachelorette Emily Spoilers

Video and Info from Emily’s 1-on-1 Date Last Night, Two More Confirmed Contestants, & Where I Think The Group Date is Today

Before I update you on some Emily news, let me fill you in on some legal stuff. Hopefully by next week I’m going to reach the first goal of donations received and I think I really am going to take a picture of it and post it on the site before sending it to my lawyers. I cannot thank everyone enough for all the money I’ve received so far. This will be ongoing, which is why I embedded the “Donate” button at the top of the page. Clicking the “Donate” button will bring you to the column that lays out how this all started. Anything you can contribute to my legal defense fund is much appreciated (unless you’re from California – sorry). I’ve been pretty overwhelmed with the response so far in the first week. This is going to be a long battle from what I can tell and the fees have definitely piled up over the last few months.

The man who pretty much started this all, Matthew Chan, has had a few blog posts up at his site since I last posted. I suggest you follow along with his postings because they are well informed, well written, and are a pretty accurate account of what’s going on. It’s still crazy to me that until last week, I had never heard of Matthew, nor had either of us had any contact with each other. This was just one man who read one of my columns, took an interest in my legal issues, pulled up the public court documents, and decided to write about it. I have since thanked him for his efforts. Especially his latest where he’s set up an online petition at Change.org. So if you believe in my fight, please check out this link and sign the petition:

Reality Steve Online Petition

A couple updates on Ben and Courtney. Courtney spoke with WetPaint.com yesterday briefly to share some thoughts on everything that went down. You know magazines are going to be throwing money at these two to get them to talk, so lets see if they stand by their word and agree to not do any media in the immediate future. I’m sure you all saw Ben tweet out a picture of Courtney and him in SF this weekend. She spent the weekend with him up there, and today, the two of them are actually headed for another weekend vacation to a tropical location. No need for me to spill where they’re going. I’m guessing some paparazzi is already on it and we’ll be seeing pictures in the coming days, so, I’ll try and respect what little privacy they have.

If you saw my tweet last night, you will know that Emily had a 1-on-1 date in downtown Charlotte on Tryon Street. Plenty of pictures from the date that were sent to me, so rather than posting all of them which were of lesser quality taken by camera phone, this link written by the Charlotte Observer, you can clearly see about 24 pictures taken from the date. To see all the pics they have click on the “Full Slideshow” button. The guy she was on the date with was named Chris. I don’t have a last name yet, but I’m guessing it won’t be long. They rapelled up the Mint Museum UPTOWN at Levine Center for the Arts, had dinner at the rooftop once they reached the top, then had a private concert put on by Luke Bryan. Well, if you call a bunch of people standing around with cameras and cell phones taking videos “private.” Here’s a minute clip that was sent to me:

Couple things to note:

-Emily essentially has slow danced the same exact way with both guys so far, Ryan and Chris. She embraces, then pulls away and has the guy twirl her, then embraces, etc. Wash, rinse, repeat.

-Chris’ dancing makes Ryan’s look like he’s John Travolta from “Saturday Night Fever.” I think you can tell a lot about how a guy slow dances, and frankly, both Ryan and Chris sucked.

-Chris did receive a rose on this date and also got a kiss on the lips. No make out though.

1. jazzmine

March 21, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Jeezzz….. she has no rhythm either.

2. cindy01

March 21, 2012 at 1:44 PM

LOL…o.k. I have to laugh at this date because what’s the deal repelling to the top and then have dinner. Why not take the elevator. I have a feeling this season is going to be “something else” and not in a good way.
    Also, Emily just seems SO out of her element.

3. festushaggen

March 22, 2012 at 4:06 AM

I grew up in “White Sulphur Springs, WV”, where the date at the Greenbrier Resort took place… I can tell you, that is a long way from Charlotte (not a helicopter ride in any form) – all for show. AND, for that little WV town and that resort to do a fireworks show (NEVER BEEN DONE IN THAT PLACE EVER) – some money was thrown at that place by ABC for sure. What a joke –

4. misskim1009

March 22, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Don’t judge Steve!! Chris is my cousin and he can DEFINITELY dance!! How would you feel if there were tons of people and cameras watching you on your first date with a girl you liked? It’s nerve racking enough to go on a first date…….give these guys a break! :)

5. Dianne

March 23, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Oh, calm down misskim..Steve can judge all he wants..it’s his site to do as he pleases. If you don’t like it, then leave. I totally do not agree with you regarding the guys being nervous..they are big boys now and are used to “first dates”, or at least they should be.

6. bachelorette

March 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM

ummmm first dates are quite different from dating on tv dianne….dont think many people are used to that

7. mommyof2

March 27, 2012 at 8:36 AM

After watching season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama, I’m not even interested in the Bachelor/ette shows anymore. The third season of Sweet Home Alabama was the best show I had seen in this genre since probably Trista and Ryan’s season of Bachelorette or maybe Andrew Firestone’s Bachelor season. They casted a great lead role and really funny guys, most of whom have strong values. The Bachelor/ette would never cast the majority of their cast like that b/c they’d fear there wouldn’t be enough drama and it would be boring, but the funny thing is that it was actually so much better and the guys were hilarious. As far as Emily’s Bachelorette season, I’ll watch it b/c I really like her, but they’d have to choose a really awesome guy for the next Bachelor season for me to watch. I debated watching Ben’s season b/c he was kind of dull, but I watched it anyway. I did miss the first hour of most of the episodes b/c my DVR recorded other things, but I never re-watched what I missed b/c it wasn’t a great season anyway.

8. mommyof2

March 27, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Also, Steve, I definitely wouldn’t have watched Ben’s Bachelor season if it weren’t for you and your website. That’s the only thing that kept me somewhat interested in the show! I don’t know if I should thank you for that or be mad at you b/c I sat through Ben’s season when I could’ve been reading a book or watching something better on TV. (Just kidding, of course! I couldn’t be mad at you for entertaining all of us!)