Uncategorized

Reality Steve Live Video Blog – Wednesday, April 11th 9PM EST/6PM PST

Here is tonight’s video blog in case you missed it. Microphone issues were definitely improved from past shows. About half way through, Olivia and Nicholas joined in for random silliness. Not much “Bachelorette” talk after that to be honest, so scroll through any question you want to see. If you’re trying to view this video on your Ipad or Iphone, it won’t work. However, if you go to this link, you can download an app which will allow you to. Thanks everyone who joined in and watched tonight, or participated by asking a question, even if it was for the kids. Enjoy…

1. CaliGirl

April 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM

My favorite part had to be where bwiggity says Steve can’t “whole” up in his apartment. Um.. you mean “hole”? But hey, I guess we should be grateful he/she knew how to use more than one paragraph. Baby steps. :)

2. cammie99

April 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM

aaxtcutie said:

“I don’t know about my other buds here, but to me and your long-winded comment, it sounds like you’re the one taking this website so seriously. We’re all just having fun :) Your post won’t change any of that. Geesh, how long did it take you to write that?”

Exactly! We post what we post for FUN people. It still seems lost on so many of you that we don’t HATE Steve, we don’t HATE his site, we don’t HATE his spoilers, etc.

We just think he’s condescending where he should be grateful, he’s douche-y to ask for donations while blogging about his many travels, and we find so much in his blog to comment on.

We don’t take ourselves half as seriously as you do. Nor do we go into a frenzy like some of the previous posters (Dreamlongwinded and Bboring, I’m looking at you!)

3. iammesoucantbe

April 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I wish I could afford to fly somewhere, anywhere!! lol. I love flying, unfortuately the last time I was able to fly was coming home from basic training. =( Too bad I can’t afford a ticket.

Just sayin…

4. bunchedpanties

April 14, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Bwiggity – it is “would HAVE”

As in, I would have appreciated your comment more if I wasn’t so afraid it was making the Internet dumber.

I love the hilarious posters who constantly get a rise out of some people. I almost look forward to the comments more than RS’s posts. So job well done. The cynic in me agrees with a lot of their points. And it amazes me that people are constantly trying to shame them and prove them wrong. It’s fun to speculate about RS. He’s kind of made his “fortune” on being a dick. Therefore, open game.

It’s all super fun to read.

5. aatxcutie

April 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM

LOL @Bunched. Dicks usually get theirs in the end, and it seems that’s the case for RS. I can’t stand his arrogance and self-absorbed BS so I don’t read his recaps anymore, I just come here to get the details on the episodes.

My main irk is that he’s insulted and belittled his readers for so many seasons and stooped to the ultimate low of begging for money for his self-absorbed-self. He should be embarrassed but for some reason, he’s bragging about how much money has been donated. That’s just so many shades of wrong…

6. duckquack

April 15, 2012 at 3:22 AM

who will they blame when he pulls a houdini on them, probably the nasty people who come here to read….. steve will be gone soon you suckers, tropical vacation and a new show with the kids reading tabloids for him…..moving on up.

7. liz123

April 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Interesting article: http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/ending-the-negativity-cancer-of-reality-steve-haters/.

Here in lies the problem with Matthew Chan’s analysis: Steve does not accept constructive criticism & honest debate as Chan says he believes one should. Many of his most loyal readers from years past are the very same people now being called “haters” by Mr. Chan. Those people tried (not anonymously) to give constructive criticism. Steve told those loyal readers offering honest debate & constructive advice to shove it up their asses. He told each of them they were only one reader & he didn’t give a flying f*ck about their constructive criticism & whether or not they ever returned to his site. This was BEFORE all this venom in the comment sections began. Matthew Chan should have known a little more information before he started spouting off at the mouth on this topic. I know all this information personally because I was one of those loyal readers who emailed Steve & I did so under my real name (email address is my full name), very kindly & constructively, & he treated me horribly. So, Mr. Matthew Chan, maybe Steve Carbone is the one you should be telling to “act like an adult & a respectful human being”. Get a little more information before you start spewing your bullshit, please sir.

8. liz123

April 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Oops. Herein.

9. aatxcutie

April 16, 2012 at 12:10 PM

No kidding Liz. I’ve also emailed him directly with my regular email address and he spits just as much venom in the email response (and man, is he ever quick to respond to email) as he used to in this column, before he needed money.

After his snide responses to valid email questions, my husband and I went to the viewing party in Dallas and he was extremely rude, and a bit drunk as well.

10. aatxcutie

April 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Totally disgusting quote from Mr. Chan’s article…. He’s worse than Steve! Hello Mr. Chan, happy to see you reading my comment. Keep your foul mouth shut when it comes to the f-word please. Not all of us on here are adults – especially the teenagers (?) that write in to Dr. Reality Steve.

To haters everywhere, I openly say this in very coarse and rude (Rated “R”) language:
    “If you can’t offer anything good (or at least your silence) then get the fuck out and don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out. We (the community) won’t put up with your shit. If you want to act like an adult and a respectful human being, then you can come back. Otherwise, good riddance!”

11. cammie99

April 16, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Liz, you are exactly right.

Mr. Chan comes sailing in to offer his “insight” into the lawsuit, then continues by riding the coattails of RS and his commenters (namely, us!).

Frankly, I care even less what MC has to say than I do about what RS has to say. My opinions will remain the same and I will express them in the same manner as always.

12. cammie99

April 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM

@Bunched, you said: “I don’t think the poster was trying to bag on him for drinking a beer. From what it sounds likes (I don’t watch his videos – he’s so full of himself that I can barely slog through his writing for the goods), s/he was just asking which he was drinking. Nobody here is the alcohol police, dude. Take a Xanax, maybe? You sound *really* pissed off.”

You are correct. In past videos, Steve has either been drinking water or beer. Each is usually a good indicator of his “mood” that day. When I asked which drink he was having, it was with the sole intent to flush out his mood. Usually when I watch his videos I’m having a few myself, laughing at the ass kissers the whole time. :)

13. ev81

April 16, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I agree that Mr. Chan’s recent article linked above was extremely unprofessional, and it in many ways, negates much of his credibility. While what he is doing to help RS is generous, he needs to realize that the “haters” are merely dissatisfied customers having their say.

RS has provided a lot of entertainment, and I enjoy taking time every week to read the recaps and questions, but I do agree that backlash is expected and in some ways, warranted.

I understand that a trip here and there would not make a dent in legal fees (and may provide a mental break), but when someone is asking for money, discussing vacations and large amounts of free time may not be best practice. Unfortunately, in this economy when may people are working 2 jobs to make ends meet, pay down student debt, save for a vacation etc….seeing someone “brag” about trips in the same breath as requesting donations may not be received well. Someone questioning this or giving reasons why he/she is not donating is not “hating” but showing the other side of the coin.

14. bwiggity

April 17, 2012 at 7:35 AM

what’s great is when u go back after a bad day and don’t even have the energy to read ur own cranky comment.lol. hopefully my rant came as some entertainment :)

15. JovisMom

April 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM

How do you all have jobs? Cutie you’re a lawyer right? Hmmmm I have a few friends that are lawyers and none of them have as much time on their hands as you, I would like to know the law firm you work for so I can avoid it if I ever need a lawyer. I just don’t understand the bitterness with everyone! I never understood cyber bullying when I would hear about it on talk shows or TV, but now I understand. Haven’t you all ever heard the golden rule that “if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all”? I don’t want to hear ‘freedom of speech, it’s a free country’ blah, blah, blah… That is what children say to their parents to try and win an arguement, not grown adults. Liz, Cuttie, Cammie, why don’t you all start yout own “We Hate Reality Steve Blog”? I haven’t commented in about a week I had family in town, I haven’t missed much I can see, nothing changes.

16. liz123

April 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Hey, JovisMom, do you have a job? Maybe you should be working or watching Jovi instead of reading these comments & responding to them.

^^That is sarcasm in case you didn’t notice. My point is that just because you have a job (& being a Mom is a busy one), doesn’t mean you don’t have & deserve some free time. I have a full time job & 2 small children, but I still have time to shower, cook dinner, sleep, & read & comment on RS on occasion. You don’t have to stoop to telling people they must be terrible at their jobs to make a valid point. How would you feel if someone told you that you must suck at being a mom since you have time to comment here? That wouldn’t feel nice now would it? Why don’t you just make a valid point if you have one & contribute to the debate instead of stooping to ad hominem attacks that only serve to embitter things further? Otherwise, we might as well just write back & forth “I know you are, but what am I?”.

17. aatxcutie

April 17, 2012 at 4:26 PM

@Jovi, I don’t work for a law firm. Don’t you remember insulting me for my airline being in bankruptcy?

As far as the “if you can’t say something nice”… how can you say that when Steve is the absolute king of insulting totally innocent readers that are simply asking a question about the Bachelor series? In all honesty, Steve says something nice about 5% of the time, the rest is total BS, crap, and insults so he can make himself look important and his readers complete idiots.

18. cammie99

April 17, 2012 at 6:49 PM

@Ev81.. you hit the nail on the head with your last paragraph. I’ve said that time and time again myself.

@Liz… sarcasm seems to be lost on some people commenting here. We can say over and over that we don’t hate RS or his site but we disagree with his choices….but people just don’t want to hear it. They also don’t want to hear that much of what we say is for fun. Oh well.

@Aatxcutie… I was going to same the exact same thing about RS. Since you beat me to it, no need to reiterate.

Hope everyone had a nice day!