Hey Steve – Love your site. I’m hoping you know the answer to this question: How do you get to be in the audience at the Women Tell All episode? I tried googling it, and all I got was something about entering to win tickets. Anyway, if you know, great! If not, I really hope this doesn’t end up in one of your posts as a stupid question. Thanks again and keep up the awesome spoiling!
Comment: Usually you have to win some sort of contest or be on a mailing list that they have. It’s not just something you can call up, ask for tickets, and they send them to you.
Also, at the charity event last Saturday night, one of the live auction prizes was 4 tickets to either the MTA or After the Final Rose for Emily’s season. Chris Harrison donated it. I think it went for $2,000 or so. Could you imagine if I would’ve bid on that and won? Like there’s a chance in hell they’d allow me into their studios to watch that. No way. Although, I could’ve had an interesting fight on my hands if I paid a couple grand for tickets and they refused to let me in. Hmmmm, maybe I should’ve bid on that?
Two questions for you:
1. (Non Bachelor Related) On DWTS, is Derek Hough currently dating Katherine Jenkins or Maria Menounos? I have read reports of both and certainly during their dances it SEEMS like him and Maria could potentially be a couple but I know she has a boyfriend of ten years. What is the deal with them constantly kissing and the dating rumor mill? Is he actually dating Katherine? I figured you may have some inside scoop on that.
2. Even though you ended up choosing not to bring anyone with you to the charity event, did you get a lot of emails from readers offering to go?
Comment: 1) I have no idea who Derek Hough is dating, but when it comes to this show, nothing would surprise me. Seems like he’s with a new woman every week. First it Cheryl Cole, then it was Lauren Conrad. Who knows who the flavor of the month is this time around? I wonder if he and Mark Ballas have a tote board going keeping track of all the women they’ve bagged since this show started. Must be in some fierce competition going on.
2) Nope. I think I had two offers, and one was from out of state. Like I said, I knew it was a longshot considering it was two days away and it was a formal event. I know how women can get when attending something like that, and for the most part, I’m guessing you all need a little more time to make sure you have the proper dress, know which way you’re going to do your hair, etc. I honestly didn’t think it would work, but I wanted to throw it out there to see if there was a chance someone in the DFW area could attend on such short notice. But with only two responses, then realizing for a good hour of the event I’d be waiting a table and wouldn’t be able to really pay much attention to them, I realized it probably wasn’t a good idea to bring someone that I’d have been just meeting for the first time.
I have a few questions for you. I’ve emailed a few times before, though not recently.
My first question is: how do you know who Tucker Max is? Just curious because I made the horrible mistake of buying his first book but couldn’t finish it because he is such a jackass, to use the least offensive word I could come up with for him. I can’t believe he actually wrote a second book. I can’t stand him.
My second question is actually a favor. I was wondering if you could summarize whatever you said in your video blog the other day about your lawsuit? My ears don’t work!
My third question isn’t related to The Bachelor and I know you don’t have the inside scoops; I just want your opinion on this, based on what you know about reality shows. If you watch The Voice (nope, I can’t explain why I watch singing competitions when my ears don’t work.. I like to see what the lyrics are to songs I’ve never heard, I guess!), do you think the mentors really pick which contestants face off in the battle rounds? Or do you think the producers choose, like they choose everything on The Bachelor? Like I said, I don’t expect you to have any inside information, but just wondering what your opinion is based on your experience with what really happens on The Bachelor.
My fourth question is an old one that I never got around to asking. Are the cameramen allowed to interact with the contestants on The Bachelor/ette/Pad? The reason I ask is because last summer on Bachelor Pad, that crazy girl who followed Blake around the house asked the cameraman (or someone off-camera, but not one of the other girls) if Blake was upstairs. I don’t remember a lot of specific moments from those shows but that one always stuck out for some reason.
Comment: 1) How do I know who Tucker Max is? Word of mouth I guess. A guy friend of mine told me I needed to read his book, I was at Barnes and Noble one day, saw the book, and read a couple chapters while in the store. That was pretty much all I needed to read to get the idea of what he was about. I guess I just didn’t find him as hilarious as some other guys do probably because I don’t believe the stories are believable. They are up to a certain point, then they get taken completely overboard and that’s where it’s become fiction to me. But I can see why he would have a following of 22-27 year old dudes whose sole purpose in life is to get laid every weekend. And as I corrected myself in Monday’s column, Kalon’s alter ego is NOT “Cash McMogulson,” which was a character created by some writer here in Dallas about a douchey guy and his exploits. However, I am in possession of a Kalon “memoir” that he sent out to friends a few years ago that’s pretty much written in the same vain. It’s funny, terrible, perverted, disgusting, and horribly written all at the same time. Still debating on whether or not to publish it. Lets just say it doesn’t portray him in the most flattering light.
2) The only thing I said in my video blog last week about the lawsuit was that I have NEVER paid ANYONE for information about this show, and I’ll go to my grave with that one. Never. Not any contestants, crew members, production, etc. Hell, I’ve never even paid anyone who’s NOT associated with the show for information.
3) Having watched the “Voice,” I can almost assure you that the mentors sit down with producers and it’s a collaborative effort of figuring out who faces off with who in the battle rounds. Just remember when watching ANY reality TV show: Everything that you see is done for effect. Producers have a hand in everything you’re witnessing. Hence, it’s not really real.
4) I know they become friendly with camera people and producers, but to my knowledge, I’m not sure the extent of which they can ask producers certain questions.
I love your columns and have been reading them since day one. I have a few questions that I’m hoping you can answer.
1. Has there been any talk about how Brad Womack is taking all of this?
It seems that he really “cared” for Emily and I’m just wondering how he is feeling about all this. I bet he will be watching this season to see what happens.
2. Do you know if Emily took her daughter with her after they were done filming in Emily’s home town?
3. I believe you mentioned in one of your columns something about Emily’s mom. Are the viewers going to meet any of her family this season other than her daughter?
I hope that the law-suite will go in your favor-just ridiculous. You should file against them for harassment. Good luck and keep up the great work you give to your readers every week.
Comment: 1) No idea about Brad, but I’m guessing he’s doing about as well as any ex boyfriend could be doing knowing his ex fiancé is now gonna be on national TV looking for a new husband. Probably stings a bit, but, it’s not like Brad is curled up in a fetal position and not coming out.
2) From what I’ve heard, Ricki has basically gone everywhere with Emily. I’m sure that means her mother and/or a nanny has been with them the whole time as well. Doesn’t mean Ricki is on every episode. Just means that she’s been with Emily the whole time.
I don’t think we’re gonna see too much of Ricki this season. No different than Jason’s season with Tye. Everyone was all up in arms about exploiting a then 3 year old, and it ended up not being a big deal at all since Tye rarely appeared on the show.
3) Yeah, probably just her mom is my guess, but I don’t know for sure.
I thought I would take advantage of a slow week in emails. I love the show Selling New York on HGTV, and was watching the other night and the “Prince” showed up with the Kleiers looking at 20 million dollar properties. Of course, at the end of the show, he decided to keep looking, but at cheaper properties. I quit watching during his season and came back when I found your website. Do you know if this show is fake? Do people get paid for being on this show? Do you get tired of people thinking you know everything about every reality TV show because you spoil the Bachelor?
Comment: Comes with the territory I guess. But anyone who’s followed my site with any regularity over the last 9 years would know I’ve never had spoilers to any other show, so it is kinda funny when I get the random email asking if I’ve heard any spoilers on “Gossip Girl” or something like that.
Hi Steve. I’m wondering if you think that the producers would do another season away from California after Emily’s season… Do you think they’re pissed that there is so much information out there this year, even before they traveled, because so many people were able to get near production? Or is it more like they don’t care because we will all continue to watch anyway? Just wondering if you had any insight as to whether abc likes how Emily’s season is playing out after they gave her seemingly more leeway than past leads and whether they’d do it again. Thanks!
Comment: I’m curious to see where they shoot future seasons because I’m not sure what’s going on with the mansion in CA. Last I heard it was on the market. And considering they have used it once in the last 7 months (Ben’s Meet and Greet on Sept. 20th), I even wonder if “Bachelor Pad” will be shot there.