Dr. Reality Steve

“Reader Emails,” “Dr. Reality Steve,” A “Bachelor Pad” Update, and Brad Womack Speaks

Well, well, well. The big 3-7. I’m officially in my late 30’s. Shoot me now. And I don’t feel a day older than 21. Or something like that. No live video blog tonight due to the fact I’ll be out at dinner and just wanted to take a one week break. Figured today would be the time to do it. Thanks to all who’ve send birthday wishes. Impossible to reply to all of them.

Wanted to correct one thing from the spoilers yesterday that I have since updated. In Prague, I said that Sean gets the group date rose and Doug is eliminated during the 3-on-1 date because he gets upset by it. Actually, had it backwards. Sean does get the rose, but it’s AFTER Doug has already been eliminated. So Emily gives Sean the group date rose when it’s just between him and Chris. And Chris isn’t thrilled about it. Just wanted to clarify that.

Couple updates from the ever-so-changing “Bachelor Pad” list that I released on Tuesday. Some new information has come in that I can tell you about. Ryan Bowers is definitely NOT doing the show, so you can cross him off. However, you can take Michael Stagliano off the “rumored” list, because he’s definitely doing it. I mean, I see why the show would bring him back because he was popular last season and women will want to see him find a chick on there after the Holly/Blake embarrassment last season. But Michael won the damn thing. Can he really win it two years in a row? I immediately thought, “No way. They’d be stupid to keep him around.” Then again, in the first two seasons, all of the major players all got to the end with people not wanting to piss others off. I guarantee Michael gets far again. Probably won’t win, but I gotta think he’ll make the finals.

Holy crap! Did you see this article by In Touch Magazine yesterday about Emily’s wardrobe budget being $350k for this season? Yikes. What makes it all the more shocking is that it’s probably about a $349,650 bigger budget than Ben had for his wardrobe. I mean, when you’re wearing orange pocketed tank tops all season that sell for $9.99 at Old Navy, how much could they have possibly spent on him? So for anyone who would possibly question why Emily would ever reconsider doing the “Bachelorette,” I’d say this is one of the major reasons. I don’t care who you are, what woman would turn down the opportunity to basically have an AMEX black card account for their wardrobe for 2 months while traveling the world? That’s what I thought.

Did anyone catch Brad Womack in studio with the Bobby Bones radio show earlier this week? If you’ve got 8 minutes, I suggest you take a listen and watch this video. Good stuff. You know, after watching Brad for two seasons on the “Bachelor,” and seeing and listening to numerous interviews he’s done, I’ve come to this conclusion: Brad’s three favorite phrases to use in this world are “True story…”, “Let me tell you…”, and “I will say this…”. I don’t think I’ve ever heard him give an interview where neither of those three phrases were spilled. Take a listen to what Brad had to say about Emily, their relationship, and how he feels about her on the show now. I liked this interview. I appreciate the fact he’s open and honest. Well, except he thought his season had 30 women. You had 25 Brad. (Correction: Brad did have 30 girls. See? 37 and my mind is already leaving me). But who’s counting? Really the first time he’s talked openly about everything. I think the whole “dodged a bullet” comment he made a couple weeks ago was definitely taken out of context.

And before the emails start coming, no, Brad has nothing to do with Emily’s season.

And one last piece to show how bored it can get in the mansion sometimes. With girls, we’ve seen in the past they drink, do the cinnamon challenge, exercise, etc. This is pretty much what you’d expect a bunch of testosterone filled guys to do in a mansion where they are completely cut off from society.

Surprised after they were done measuring their biceps, they weren’t going around measuring each others packages…

1. canada girl

May 31, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Just a neat observation, I was watching an episode of Dawson’s Creek which was filmed in North Carolina and one episode they were at a mansion and I swear it is the same one the guys stayed at!

2. liz123

May 31, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Steve, if I’m not mistaken, Brad Womack did indeed have 30 girls on his second season. In fact, I’m *almost* positive. Better check again.

3. JovisMom

May 31, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I am a little shocked (and disappointed) Ryan Bowers is not going to be on Bach Pad… I could of totally seen him hooking up with Blakely. Oh well.

4. Dianne

May 31, 2012 at 11:02 AM

@liz123, you are absolutely correct about Brad’s second season and 30 girls. On Nov 23/10, Steve wrote:
    Episode 1 (airing Jan. 3rd): 30 women down to 20

5. liz123

May 31, 2012 at 11:05 AM

@Dianne, thanks! I thought I recalled that correctly, but I was too lazy to go back & look it up. 😉

6. Wolf Goddess

May 31, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Happy B-Day Steve…Remember..Growing Old Is Mandatory..Growing Up Is Optional 😉

Enjoyed Brad’s interview..am prob one of the “few” people who liked this guy & still do…

7. kasey31

June 1, 2012 at 12:20 AM

didn’t he correct the 30 girls comment in his post? i don’t think i’ll ever understand the criticism steve gets on almost every word he writes on every single blog.. it’s so strange to me.. it’s as if some of his readers are looking for each mistake they can point out, no matter how minor.. geesh!

anyway, i thought the “you are not funny” line was pretty hilarious.. obviously that person meant to write, “you are not only funny, but..” and accidentally left that word out.. i like that he posted that email, though.. shows that he has some humility :)

8. kasey31

June 1, 2012 at 12:28 AM

ps.. 350k for her wardrobe?!?! as much as i looove clothes, i think id rather take the money and split!

9. hunterjohn

June 1, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Interesting that it was ‘creepy’ for grown men to play with children in a playground. If it was the other way round and a group of women contestants no one would bat an eye lid.

The covert sexist ‘all men are paedophile rapists’ creeping in, nice.

10. Dianne

June 1, 2012 at 6:58 AM

@kasey31 – you’re right, Steve did correct his error, but this was done after both liz & my comments. Trust me, the comments were not meant as criticism, they were nothing more than observations, so take a wee chill-pill, honey.

11. kasey31

June 1, 2012 at 8:10 AM

oh well then, ok? good thing you were there to correct that for him! chill pill has been taken… now off to work with the rest of the world :)

12. liz123

June 1, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Good grief, kasey31. I wasn’t trying to criticize RS or correct him. I was just making an observation on something I thought I remembered (there being 30 women on Brad’s season). I didn’t think I was being rude in my comment at all. And, Dianne, is right. He didn’t make the correction until later. In fact, I haven’t even seen it yet. I’ll have to go check it out…

13. bachfan101

June 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM

So Steve must read the comments…. If he changed the number from 25 to 30 women after seeing your posts in the comments section. I don’t understand why he lies and says he doesn’t read them! Why wouldn’t he want to see feedback to a column that he puts so much time and effort in. Why not delete the comment feature all together on his site if he doesn’t even use it…

14. competentyes

June 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Just thought I’d point out that there have been at least two instances this season of guys wearing “branded” items. I noticed in episode 2 that both Ryan Bowers and Alesandro were wearing large black rubber bracelets that said “Athelite.” This is the name of the sports training facility/company that Ryan Bowers owns. Not sure if the producers just didn’t notice or if they gave him the go ahead to distribute his merch to the other contestants to get the brand out there. Wonder if we’ll see t-shirts popping up that advertise One-F-Jef’s non-profit before the season is over?

15. jawbreaker

June 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Every time I come here I get this notice from Norton:

“A recent attempt to attack your computer was blocked”

…and my system goes off-line for a few moments.

WHY??????

16. kasey31

June 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM

@liz123 i was just making an observation on the comments. sorry if i sounded rude, that was certainly not my intent, and i’m not specifically referring to your comments in particular. it was more of a generalized comment that some people seem to point out minor errors in everything that steve writes.. but im definitely not here to offend anyone.. i just enjoy reading his blogs, thats all 😉

17. liz123

June 2, 2012 at 8:02 AM

@kasey31, cool! Glad we’re on the same page. 😀

18. jellybug

June 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Has anythought that Chris Harrison and Emily might hook up? Seems like she likes older guys and he seems to be protective of her? Just a thought!

19. DianeT

June 3, 2012 at 7:39 AM

@bachfan 101, if two people have commented here about the error of 30 instead of 25, you can be sure at LEAST as many have also e-mailed Steve to let him know of his mistake. Why do you assume he MUST have read the comments to find this out? In this electronic age of twitter, fb, e-mail etc. why does it follow that this is the only place he could have been corrected?

20. angelwatching

June 3, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Happy belated birthday!!!
    Clueless? Doubt it

21. thegivingsteve

June 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM

If the douche that is Kalon interests you, click below:

22. CaliGirl

June 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Anyone see RS’s post on Facebook this AM? The lawsuit is over! :) Hopefully he’ll give more details in his columns this week.

23. cltcaitey

June 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I think they need to bring a Wes or Bentley back to hook up with Blakeley… she’d probably squish Michael with her boobs. If you follow her on Twitter she’s practically ready to have Justin Rego’s baby, maybe he’ll be the wildcard and we can watch them both drown in their own narcissim (and get the boot episode 1)

24. JovisMom

June 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM

@ CaliGirl – I can’t seem to find him on Facebook… What is he under?

25. elizabeth82

June 4, 2012 at 1:13 PM

^http://www.facebook.com/RealitySteve

26. CaliGirl

June 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Thanks Elizabeth! He also has his personal FB, which is Steve Carbone. He usually posts the same on each page. I’m not “friends” with him on there though, so maybe he posts more info on his personal page.

27. JovisMom

June 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Thanks girls!!! Can’t wait to watch tonight and read tomorrow!! :-)

28. jawbreaker

June 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM

This is what it says on his Facebook page…………”A great start to the week. The lawsuit is over. We have reached a settlement. I’ll have details later this week, but long story short, RealitySteve.com isn’t going anywhere, I don’t owe the other side a penny, and they had no case.”

29. nobody1

June 5, 2012 at 4:14 AM

Sooooooo, if the lawsuit is now over and RS won’t owe a single penny to ABC, does that mean he is going to return the money to everyone who was dumb enough to donate?

I would keep it because, well, they were dumb enough to give it to me.

30. Athena

June 5, 2012 at 5:23 AM

Perhaps there is additional information out there about this, but “not owing the other side a penny” does not in any way imply that he doesn’t owe his attorney’s beaucoup bucks. He’s always maintained that the donations were for his attorney fees, which I’m certain are many thousands of dollars more than what he’s raised.

31. bigfatwoman

June 5, 2012 at 5:59 AM

@nobody1

I don’t know what’s more insulting…..

insinuating that anyone who donated to Steve is dumb

or….

thinking that a dismissed or settled lawsuit didn’t cost Steve a boatload of money in attorneys fees.

Methinks you’re the dumb one.

32. Susan

June 5, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Definitely “not owing a penny” means he doesn’t owe ABC anything. I’m sure he still has huge legal fees which I think was the whole purpose of them doing that to him. It sucks but it happens all the time.

I donated, don’t expect it back, hope it helped. I hate to see people get abused by the legal system. I’m sure he still owes a ton.

33. CaliGirl

June 5, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Steve has been crystal clear on where the donations would be going- towards HIS attorney fees, not toward any kind of settlement or money owed to the plaintiff. Although the case has been “settled” (which could mean many things) Steve still most likely owes his attorney(s) tens of thousands of dollars.

34. noellezaffle

June 5, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Steve, which episode was the vampire guy in that he took Emily into the wood and he had a bunch of crosses hanging? You mention this in one of your blogs. Did I miss it somehow?