Bachelor Pad 3

Your “Bachelor Pad” Cast Announced, Pictures of the “Newbies,” & “Reader Emails”

I was going to write about the tabloid coverage yesterday along with some Arie news to share, but with the release of the “Bachelor Pad” cast, I figured I’d dedicate most of the column to that today. However, I will address all the tabloid coverage from yesterday, including what I THINK the ending is this season, along with some information regarding the Arie/Cassie relationship on the live video blog tonight. You don’t want to miss it. Back at the usual time 9:00PM EST/6:00PST. See you then.

Well, I guess ABC has figured out that they’re only chance of not being spoiled, is to release stuff earlier than in the past. The first two seasons of Bachelor Pad’s cast weren’t released until about 10 days into filming. This season, they released it two days into filming. I’ll just go ahead and take full credit for that since I’d already released 10 of the 20 names already. If you haven’t checked out EW.com’s cast list and bio’s released this morning, here it is. So here’s your cast:

Women:

-Lindzi Cox (Bachelor season 16, Ben Flajnik)
-Blakeley Jones (Bachelor season 16, Ben Flajnik)
-Jaclyn Swartz (Bachelor, Season 16, Ben Flajnik)
-Rachel Trueheart (Bachelor, Season 16, Ben Flajnik)
-Jamie Otis (Bachelor, Season 16, Ben Flajnik)
-Sarah Newlon (Bachelor, Season 11, Brad Womack)
-Erica Rose (Bachelor, Season 9, Prince Lorenzo Borghese)

Newbies:

-Brittany and Erica Taltos (Twins competing as one person. Were on Season 3 of Jersey Shore and basically hooked up with the whole cast)
-Paige Vigil (the only newbie voted in from the Bachelor Fan Page)
-Donna Zitelli (some bombshell model chick from New Jersey)

Men:

-Ed Swiderski (Bachelorette season 5, Jillian Harris)
-Reid Rosenthal (Bachelorette season 5, Jillian Harris)
-Michael Stagliano (Bachelorette season 5, Jillian Harris)
-Kalon McMahon (Bachelorette season 8, Emily Maynard)
-Tony Pieper (Bachelorette season 8, Emily Maynard)
-Nick Peterson (Bachelorette season 7, Ashley Hebert)
-Ryan Hoag (Bachelorette season 4, DeAnna Pappas)
-Mystery Guy (Bachelorette season 8, Emily Maynard) From everything I hear, this is Chris Bukowski.

Newbies:

-Chris Bain (Canton, Ga.)
-David Mallet (Hoboken, NJ)

A lot of thoughts on this cast, but lets first get you pictures of the newbies so you have an idea.

Brittany and Erica Taltos: Wow. These two are quite the duo, no? Think they’re gonna cause a little trouble in the house? One claims to be a virgin, the other is a Jersey Shore sloppy seconds, thirds, and fourths. Nice. This article on Starcasm.net came out last year when they were identified before Jersey Shore began.

______________________________________________________________

Paige Vigil: Only one from the Bachelor Pad 3 casting page that got cast. I’m guessing it had something to do with doing her audition video (below) in her bikini and the subsequent ass shot. Call me crazy.

______________________________________________________________

Donna Zitelli: Says her in bio she wants to go on a date with Michael Stagliano. Wellllllll, I’m guessing that’ll happen. When I google image’d her, these were what came up. I’m guessing this is her. Apologies in advance if it isn’t.

______________________________________________________________

Chris Bain: SWAT Officer from Canton, Ga. Here’s his modeling page, and the pictures from it. Apparently shirts are optional where Chris lives.

______________________________________________________________

David Mallet: Real Estate/MMA guy. Uhhhhh, ok.

______________________________________________________________

One note and my thoughts regarding this cast of “Bachelor Pad”:

-Ashley and JP are headed to LA this weekend to judge one of the challenges.

-So Tony is balling his eyes out on Emily’s season because he misses his son, yet, is going to leave him again to do “Bachelor Pad?” The only thing I can think of is that Tony is being allowed to see his son during filming. Michelle Money got to see her daughter during last season of “Bachelor Pad,” so maybe they are making the same concessions for Tony. If not, he sounds awfully hypocritical. Especially if he makes it through this Sunday which is Father’s Day.

-The bio’s really planted an interesting picture regarding Jaclyn, Rachel, and Jamie. I knew that Jamie wasn’t well liked, and we know Jaclyn has got quite the mouth on her. But to say that Jaclyn thinks Rachel wants to be like her and annoys her is quite funny. You can bet they’ll play that up. Not to mention the unfinished business of Jaclyn calling Blakeley a “horse face” during Ben’s season. Rawwrrrrrrr.

-So Ryan Hoag was the guy from DeAnna’s season that’s the former pro football player who was a virgin. And one of the blonde skanky twins claims she’s a virgin too. Match made in heaven? They can dry hump each other til the wee hours of the morning.

-I have no idea exactly who Erica will try to get her clamps in this season, but after trying with Jake and Blake last season, you can bet she’ll be on the prowl. I’d say Nick is up first.

-Very nice of the bio’s released for them to start throwing Reid under the bus immediately. Yes, in the Vegas reunion back in February, Reid hooked up with Sarah Newlon. Pretty much everyone there knew it happened, and I had heard it happened, but figured I’d keep quiet on that one since he had a girlfriend. Was that ultimately the downfall in him breaking up with his Miss USA girlfriend, Kristen Dalton? I’m not sure, but I’m guessing it played some sort of role. I guess my question to Reid would be why would he even come on this show knowing that would get exposed? Oh wait, that’s right. To promote his real estate business. Got it. So for all the Reid fans, or fans of any of these contestants who they think walk on water, just know that unbelievably enough – they don’t. The best advice I can give you is not to not be shocked about anything you hear about any of them. Ever. That way you’ll never be disappointed. Ohhhhh, the stories….

-Elyse Myers got cut at the last minute. She now joins the Kathryn Sherlock, Brian Westendorf ranks as ones who got called out to LA, only to be sent right back home. Womp, womp, wooooooooooooooomp. Maybe next season.

-Quite an interesting crop. No real BIG names from the franchise, but enough to keep me interested. This will be a total sh** show like it is every season. But damn entertaining. Season premieres on Monday, July 23rd. You will have your spoilers before that.

So last week, it was bizarre that ABC put Sean on the conference call, even though he hadn’t been eliminated yet. On Tuesday, I wrote that I thought we’d probably see Arie and Jef show up on future conference calls and that’s exactly what they did. Since no one really cares about what Alejandro has to say, and Chris Harrison is busying hosting “Bachelor Pad,” Arie is on the conference call tomorrow. Which means Jef is probably on a future one.

1. karynr

June 14, 2012 at 4:42 PM

aatex…I think I will join you tonight. Thanks!

2. karynr

June 14, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I’ll eat dinner after the vlog. That way, if looking at him makes me nauseous, at least my stomach will be empty :)

3. karynr

June 14, 2012 at 4:50 PM

LOVE Big Brother!

4. karynr

June 14, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I meant Jef, not Steve re “nice young man.” OBVIOUSLY.

5. Athena

June 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM

@karnyr – Are you always such a nice person? You simply radiate goodness and light.

6. CaliGirl

June 14, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Karynr, rest assured, I don’t think any of us were thinking you were referring to Steve as a “nice young man.” 😉

7. cammie99

June 14, 2012 at 5:46 PM

@Liz, just FYI, Aatex and I have connected on FB so we can chat in real time about the show and this site. You should join us sometime. :)

@Athena: lol @ “radiate goodness and light”!

@karnyr, we do have a fun time chatting during the video blogs. There seems to be a good mix of “haters” and “lovers” and the debate sometimes gets rolling. I think you’ll enjoy it! Just make sure to identify yourself when you get there. My alias is Cammie Smith so I will plan to see ya there!

8. Athena

June 14, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Wow – my first time live on the blog – way too much posting to keep up; I couldn’t even scroll down fast enough to read much of it. Liked Steve tonight. Actually I usually like his live blogs even though he does get v e r y wordy sometimes. I think it comes from all those years of doing talk radio and having to fill up hours of airtime.

9. kasey31

June 14, 2012 at 8:13 PM

lol @liz123 😉 im here, im here!!!

10. kasey31

June 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM

sorry just got home from work not too long ago.. loooong day at the salon.. but yes, liz.. u HAVE been good today, but dont be.. my point was not to allow random ppl to get u so worked up.. its stupid, and then they win bc thats exactly what they wanted, and youre classier than that.. but by all means, debate away.. u r too funny :)

and guess what? im a democrat! ive always tried to be the peace maker and mediator.. always, my entire life.. hasnt always worked, but i try..

@onetwotreetree.. im very confused by u.. very.

11. kasey31

June 14, 2012 at 8:34 PM

and just to make it perfectly clear, liz handled herself extremely well regarding my comment.. made me change my thoughts on her completely.. i know a lot of u are friends on here and are mad at me for calling her out or whatever, but she’s a big girl and did a great job defending herself..

im glad i said something bc she responded to it, and it made me realize i was wrong.. i have no problem admitting when ive prejudged someone based on their comments.. so please chill out.. liz seems very sweet, and we had a very civil discussion about my earlier post.. sorry liz!

12. mommyof2

June 14, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I missed the VBlog and have never watched one before b/c I read most everything on my iPhone lately, and the VBlogs don’t eork on it. So, can anyone say what Steve said about the final 1?
    Also, some people say Emily stays home and doesn’t work, which is false. First of all, staying home to raise your child IS a lot of work, and Emily would have had to pay someone else to do this if she didn’t stay home when Ricki was little. Now that Ricki is in school, Emily has been doing a lot of media, hosting, and podcasts for NASCAR on the side, as well as her official occupation as an event coordinator for the Levine Children’s Hospital in Charlotte, which has the Ricky Hendrick’s Intensive Care unit which the Hendrick’s family donated 3 million to. People need to give Emily a break on this. Her most important job is as a mom, and yet she gives back in many ways, including charity work. She does a lot more for others than most people.

13. JovisMom

June 15, 2012 at 5:28 AM

@ bwrealityfan – thanks for clearing that up…. It’s a shame how sometimes the lies/rumors are what people talk about more.

14. cece931

June 15, 2012 at 5:31 AM

@bwrealityfan, I was the one who inquired about the whole story. Thanks for the really detailed info, wow couldn’t even get all of that on google, holy smokes! I knew it was all false but just didn’t know that many details. Hence I called that lady crazy. I guess now that Emily is doing the bachelorette people are still trying to dig up dirt on her and parts of that rumour still resurface now and then.

15. Caroll

June 15, 2012 at 6:39 AM

I read the Melissa Rycroft book and was interested in how she saw the playing out of the dumping of her for Molly in front of the TV audience. And she confirms a lot of what Steve has revealed about what goes on behind the scenes for the contestants of The Bachelor/ette series.

16. bwrealityfan

June 15, 2012 at 6:52 AM

@Jovismom and@cece931 No problem. I am a big Nascar and Hendrick Motorsports fan so I knew about Emily and Ricky and the whole story years before all of the Bachelor/Bachelorette stuff. Steve hit the nail on the head in the video blog about tabloids, all they do is lie. And whatever lie they think will make you buy thier magazine is the lie they will sell you next. If someone can’t prove it I don’t buy into it. Glad I could clear that up for you guys.

17. liz123

June 15, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Sorry, guys, I’m just now seeing these comments. @cammie, how can I get in touch with you guys on FB without giving my full real name here (my email addy is also my full real name)?

@kasey, you’re funny! Glad I made you smile. I WAS a good girl yesterday, though. Don’t worry, girls, I’m sure it won’t last too long. 😀

18. aatex

June 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I can’t seem to get past the scriting of Emily, but I agree with the others, people need to stop spreading lies about the Emily & Ricky Hendrick situation. It was a really hard time for the family and Emily, and having lost a daughter of my own in a horrible accident, there’s just a line you don’t cross when discussing the death of a loved one, even on a public forum where we all adore freedom of speech.

So, whatever… Emily deserves a lot of respect in the way she’s raised her daughter alone, even though she’s financially set for life. Putting my soapbox away and off for some weekend fun.

19. aatex

June 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM

20. liz123

June 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

@aaxtex, it won’t let me add you. BooHoo. email me here & I’ll link you to my FB: saybelle@gmail.com

21. karynr

June 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM

IT’S FRIDAY! YES!

Athena..thank you for the kind words. I guess I’m a pretty positive person, though I’ve written some pretty strongly worded, fairly snarky stuff on this site a few times over the years, so the inner beyotch does come out at times. Friends and family have always told me I have a tendency to be too nice, so I’m working hard on bringing the beyotch out more, but only when necessary!

Jeff has the sweetest face. Can you tell I have a little crush? And I’m old enough to be his mother! Would I be a cougar for Jeff? I don’t think so, but it would be tempting…. He has a zeisah punim….another yiddish word for sweet face. I had to Google that one!

Dreamchi..I agree with A LOT of what you said. The writing ceased being amusing months ago, and any laughter on my end is more the cynical dry type versus a good belly laugh, like the old days.

I’ve turned my boss into a spoiler addict. She thinks Ryan is gorgeous, but maybe I don’t agree because he seems like a possible d***.

Athena…an apology would do, though it sounds like he did address it a little bit last night. I still haven’t had a chance to watch. He did something unethical. Is a lack of ethics and morals okay with you? If that was your son would you be proud?

abigfatwoman…between your “oy vey” yesterday and your post about integrity and morals, I like you more and more! I really dislike judging others (after I walk a mile in their shoes), but a lie is a lie.

Look forward to chatting next week, though I’ll be in Chicago (where I grew up), but will try and make it.

22. karynr

June 15, 2012 at 3:06 PM

aatex…I’m so sorry.

23. karynr

June 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Athena…I just wanted to add to what I said earlier. I did not mean that towards you personally. The point I was trying to make was, and I fully realize this is my own personal opinion, integrity and honesty mean a lot. This was not directed towards YOU in any way. After I reread it I realized how it might come across.

24. cwzarzmom

June 16, 2012 at 3:39 PM

So I take it Ryan (from Emily’s season) isn’t going to be on the Bachelor Pad? I thought he was but don’t see his name…? I thought maybe you could comment on the reason, meaning if there was a fallout or something? or, maybe I’m not remembering right and he was just on the “maybe” list for Bachelor Pad?

25. karynr

June 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Athena and cammie…I do have to admit when I saw the eloquent words “radiate goodness and light”, I wasn’t sure if it was being said sarcastically or not. After all, I’ve said some pretty harsh stuff about RS the past month or two! So, as far as the goodness and light…..gave the benefit of the doubt!

26. Athena

June 17, 2012 at 10:24 PM

karynr – I appreciate you checking stuff out. It’s so easy to read something through our own filters and (at least for me) to take offense.

I think I should apologize to you, because my comment was a snarky one – it was in response to your comment about not eating before watching in case you were to get nauseated. It just hit me the wrong way and I knee-jerked off a comment. It would be fair to say that I was the pot calling the kettle black So…I’m sorry and I hope you will accept my apology.

In the last week or so, it seems to me that although there is still a robust dialogue about various things that we don’t all see eye to eye on, that in general, the comments are more substantive and less accusatory, at least to each other if not to Steve. That’s what I would like to see even more of.

27. kasey31

June 18, 2012 at 12:20 AM

@athena.. i agree! the last few weeks, the tone of these comments have really changed.. i just responded to someone who was surprised to see how classy the posts have been on here lately (they were responding to an exchange between liz and me).. i enjoy a debate like everyone else, but it’s very nice to see the subtle changes people seem to be making towards one another.. of course there will be the loonies on here from time to time, but i hope to see the debates and discussions carry on in this manner, as well :)

28. karynr

June 18, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Of course I accept your apology, Athena. And I appreciate you having the maturity to reply in such an honest, mature manner. After my initial response, I felt really naive and foolish, once I realized you did not mean it in a positive way. It’s very easy to read words from strangers and not know how to react.

Have great day everyone.

I’m sure a few of you had a laugh at my expense! That’s okay, though I much prefer people laughing with me, not at me!

29. kasey31

June 18, 2012 at 10:26 AM

@karynr for what it’s worth, i thought they meant it in a nice way, too :/

30. karynr

June 18, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I think it’s funny, only because people have been telling me that for years. Then, when I realized it was meant sarcastically, I felt somewhat foolish, and realized there was no way my comments would have been perceived as radiating goodness! That’s why I was confused and gave the benefit of the doubt! Athena…your apology was greatly appreciated!

31. Athena

June 18, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Ok, now that we’re all radiating goodness and light for REAL, let’s send our good kharma out into the universe for something really important like…hmm…let’s see…the F1. Or world peace.

32. kasey31

June 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM

on the wc, so im a little behind.. but i kinda felt bad for travis :( well, i usually always feel bad when someone goes home, but he just seemed so sad..

and as for emily, im actually starting to like her now!

33. karynr

June 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I just read some of Emily’s remarks about last night’s episode, and was pleasantly surprised at the personality that came through the article. I have always found her somewhat dull, but this was really enjoyable to read. I don’t know if she actually writes it herself or has some help, but as someone who has always seen her as boring, I found it quite good!

It’s really hard to be a disciplined telecommuter on Tuesday mornings during Bachelor/Bachelorette season!

Back to work….