The Bachelorette 8 - Emily

The “Bachelorette” Finale Recap

Wow. Where do I begin? Yes of course I could gloat, but hey, I’m above that, right? All you need to do is do a search of all tweets mentioning @RealitySteve since yesterday and you’ll see that my readers did the gloating for me last night. Hence the reason I didn’t tweet once. There really was no point. Back on July 3rd when I gave you the spoiler that Emily and Jef got engaged in Curacao, I knew it to be 1000% right. No tweets from Fleiss, or announcements of live ATFR shows, or anything written in tabloids over the last three weeks was gonna change what happened back on May 10th in Curacao. I stood by what I said on July 3rd and never wavered on anything. Did it take me a bit longer to get my info this season? Sure. Was there a report out in early May that she’d picked Jef? Yes. Congrats. But exactly zero major media outlets ran with it, and since I hadn’t confirmed it myself, I didn’t really care what anyone else was reporting. Could’ve been right, could’ve been wrong. Didn’t concern me. When I’m told by my sources what the ending is, that’s when I report it. Not when someone else says something, or rumors are circulating on the internet. I made absolutely certain on July 3rd when I posted that that was the ending that happened in Curacao, which it was. Over the last three weeks, I’ve been able to fill you in on some things that I learned since, which also all ended up being true. So yes, I consider this another successful season. Job well done, Steve. Thanks, Steve (Yes, I’m now talking to myself).

Tomorrow I will have your first “Bachelor Pad” recap, and it will continue every Tuesday for the duration of the show, which is 8 weeks long. Later on this week, I will give you an update on the spoilers for this season. Thought I would post them today, but still working a few things out.

Now comes the time in the column where I’d like to have a little fun at the tabloids expense. Wow. Were they even right about ANYTHING this season? Let’s run down what the three major tabloids had been reporting over the last few weeks:

In Touch: Remember this mess that they reported back on Wednesday, July 11th?

“It’s the most shocking Bachelorette finale ever!

In Touch can exclusively reveal that the man who proposes to Emily Maynard on the season finale, airing on July 22, was not her first choice. “He won by default,” an insider on the ABC show spills in the new issue of In Touch, on newsstands now.

In fact, the insider reveals that the man who captured Emily’s heart rejected her at the penultimate hour. According to the insider, in an emotional scene filmed for the finale, Emily was enjoying a final date with one of her final two candidates — race car driver Arie Luyendyk Jr., 30, and entrepreneur Jef Holm, 27 — when he got a sudden case of cold feet. “He said, ‘I don’t think we know each other nearly enough to even be entertaining this; I don’t think we should get engaged,’” says the insider.

“She was crying and begging him to reconsider,” says the insider, who says she even blurted out, “You’re the one I want to pick!” Despite this bombshell revelation, and her tearful pleas, Emily’s dream man walked off the show — and out of her life.

Whether viewers will get to watch this shocking twist play out on air, is still uncertain. But one thing’s for sure; despite being ditched by her dream man, Emily is now happily engaged and living with the other top contender. An insider, who recently spoke with Emily’s fiancé, said, “He told me, ‘We’re gonna get married, and we’re gonna have kids.’”

I’m gonna do my best Chandler Bing impression now: “Could they have BEEN more wrong?” Certainly didn’t look like to me that Emily wanted Arie all along, and when he refused to get engaged to her, she was crying hysterically and blurted out “You’re the one I want to pick!” Unbelievable. What a bunch of garbage. Oh by the way, the link to that story that ran on their website no longer works. Gee, I wonder why? Some editor must’ve ran to the computer last night and hit delete about 4 seconds after the show ended. Who makes up crap like this? And the worst part about it? The number of tweets and emails I got asking me if it was true that day. Update: The link actually is working today. Last night, it wasn’t. Sweet. Now you have even more visual proof of the nonsense they ran: http://www.intouchweekly.com/2012/07/emily_maynard_bachelorette_fin.php

Life & Style: They were the ones whose column I started reading on one of my video blogs about a month ago saying that the proposal happened just after midnight in a tented area that was blocked off from the public. And then later had a picture of Emily’s ring that was a circular cut. Wrong, wrong, and wrong. It must really be easy to write for a tabloid. All you need is apparently to have passed creative writing in high school or something and you’re golden.

Star: These beauties got quotes from Vienna on record saying that Emily ends up with Chris Harrison. And ran with it. As a legitimate story. WOW.

US Weekly: Honestly, I think every story that US Weekly ran this season about Emily was piggybacked from either my site or other tabloids. They never had one exclusive piece of news regarding her season, and once the other tabloids were wrong, well, they were wrong too. Maybe next season guys.

1. bachette182

July 24, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I’m neither a Steve lover or a Steve hater. There are some things I like about his site and some things I don’t.

But what I will say is that I’m not going to become personally offended by a person I don’t know. He may be a sexist pig, but that doesn’t directly affect my life. I don’t have to deal with him or talk to him. It’s not like he’s some important public figure that has a lot of influence or something. He’s just some guy living in Texas running a spoiler blog. He’s nothing special and certainly not worth getting worked up over. Of course I’d rather he didn’t act the way he does, but he can do what he wants, and he will continue to do what he wants.

I forget who but someone was saying he wasn’t playing a character. Can you give some examples of how you know this? This isn’t meant to come off with attitude, I was just wondering if you’ve met him or someone who knows him?

2. iheartvino

July 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Wow, someome forgot to take their happy meds this AM. Dianne, I’m with Karyn and Liz in that this is all very amusing and others are taking it way too seriously. I do think it’s hypocritical of you to make remarks on here just a week ago about how sad the comments section has become so negative. Then you turn around a few days later and call Cammie an “evil cow.” If that’s your way of being positive, God help us all if you ever decide to show us your negative side.

3. iheartvino

July 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Oops, *how sad it is that the comments…

4. kasey31

July 24, 2012 at 8:32 AM

@bachette182- i did not make that comment, but i know who did.. and i can answer for them.. “YES, 100% YES!” i cant go into specifics, but there is evidence that i have seen with my own eyes that is quite disturbing.. and it involves someone that is a friend…

5. kasey31

July 24, 2012 at 8:33 AM

before i had seen that, i was considered a “lover”.. i still appreciate everything steve does, but that definitely changed my opinion of him.. and no, it had absolutely nothing to do with the rs site or anything rs related.. this was a steve carbone incident..

6. iheartvino

July 24, 2012 at 8:51 AM

@Kasey are you sure you don’t mean 1000%? 😉

7. Dianne

July 24, 2012 at 8:55 AM

You’re right Kasey, sorry. But, it’s totally annoying when I post something positive about Steve and his blog, people like cammie bury me for it.

8. rollingeyes

July 24, 2012 at 9:06 AM

If you look back, I was also considered a “lover” and Dianne and I were often lumped together and defending each other. I did start getting tired of some of RS insults toward women, but what really flipped me over to the hater side was the personal information I found out from a few different people that demonstrated just what a sexist prick RS really is.

Dianne, you’re welcome to post things you like about RS articles. There are times when all of us have said something positive. No one should insult you personally for having a positive opinion of RS. At the same time, no one should insult anyone else personally (calling them an evil cow or bitter bitch – someone else said that yesterday) for having a negative opinion of RS. But whatever if they do, because I think most of us have embraced the titles of Evil Cow or Bitter Bitch (although we prefer Queen Bitch).

Dianne, you really should check out the facebook group. We discuss the Bachelor/ette good and bad. Once in a while discuss RS good and bad. And generally all get a long nicely. I saw you said you tried to become a member, and a few were added yesterday, but as I don’t know your FB name, I don’t kow if you were one of them.

9. iheartvino

July 24, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I am on the same wavelength as kasey and rollingeyes regarding my reasons from going from a lover to a hater. It’s not all about what he writes on his site, believe me.

10. Dianne

July 24, 2012 at 9:24 AM

@rollingeyes..thanks for your comments..I appreciate your support. I haven’t tried to add myself into your facebook group. I believe it’s dianne25 that’s having the problems with adding herself. Cammie had some pretty nasty things to throw out at me (and not for the first time) because I am “pro-Steve”. My defemces came up, and well, you and others saw the results. My apologies to you.

11. rollingeyes

July 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM

My bad, it was Jovismom that was having the hard time getting on the facebook group. That said, I think you shoulld check us out there too anyway. We’re up to about 100 people last I checked.

12. rollingeyes

July 24, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Oh, and without going into detail about the personal info we know about RS that changed us from “lovers” to “haters”, I can tell you there are now “haters” who at one time even donated to RS and regret it. And it isn’t because of the lies he told or his deceptiveness or that spoiler related crap. It is more personal than that. And it was bad enough to flip a bunch of us.
    Yes, I’ll still keep coming back for spoilers and recaps, and I’ll keep checking out the comments because they can be fun, but everything that comes out of RS’ mouth (blog) is now taken with a grain of salt and for me – Rolling Eyes.

13. cammie99

July 24, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Oh.Em.Gee.

@Dianne, your public declarations of admiration for me are starting to become embarrassing. Perhaps you could contact me privately rather than shouting to the world how much you idolize me?

I also don’t recall telling RS how to write or run his site. I just tell him he’s a douche, and that about sums up my feelings toward him.

Signed,

Evil Cow Cammie

14. cammie99

July 24, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Dianne said: “Cammie had some pretty nasty things to throw out at me (and not for the first time) because I am “pro-Steve”.

Dianne, the harshest thing I said to you was STFU. Seriously, grow some thicker skin, would ya? This site for me is all shits and giggles. You don’t bother me, nor does anyone else here. I apparently bother you a great deal, since you reference me in nearly every one of your posts. It’s becoming a little stalker-ish, actually.

ECC

15. iheartvino

July 24, 2012 at 9:40 AM

@rollingeyes, yep, I’m one of the ones that donated. (I also spent $ to download Skyfire on my iPad and iPhone so I could watch the videos and that app is a piece of crap and rarely works, but that’s besides the point)

For those of you who have recent joined the FB group, if you don’t mind, please take a moment and add your RS screen name on FB so we know who you are. 🙂 It’s been fun being able to comment directly to people over there, since you can’t “like” someone’s comments on here.

16. iheartvino

July 24, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Okay how sad is it that I feel like I sounded like Chris Harrison with my above comment? “Take a moment, and say your goodbyes..” Two nights in a row of Bachelorette/BP is way too much.. lol

17. Dianne

July 24, 2012 at 9:49 AM

@cammie..right you are, I’m a stalker..NOT! Let’s do this. Since you feel I have a hate on for you, I just won’t reply to anything you have to say anymore..deal? And let’s make that vice-versa, shall we. Wonderful! So, on this final note, have yourself a glorious day!

18. cammie99

July 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM

@Dianne, no thanks. I’ll continue to bag on all your ridiculous love-comments to RS. You can comment back or not, makes absolutely no difference to me.

Ta ta.

19. aatex

July 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM

What’s the fun in that Dianne?

20. rollingeyes

July 24, 2012 at 9:56 AM

LMAO, @Cammie99 and @aatex, you girls have me loughing out loud. Thank goodness I’m in an office all alone or people would wonder.

21. aatex

July 24, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Something tells me that’s not going to be Dianne’s “final note”.

22. cammie99

July 24, 2012 at 10:04 AM

@aatex, it will be Dianne’s final word for now. She has to make it a point NOT to respond to me so that she doesn’t seem like a stalker. 🙂

23. Dianne

July 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM

@aatex..wrong you are..it was my final note to cammie, and nothing more.

24. rollingeyes

July 24, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I’d be sad to see her go…..the back and forth in the comments really is the most amusing part of this site. Especially now that we don’t have the Bachelor/ette to entertain us.

25. soccerfan

July 24, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I have been a lurker for quite a while and finally decided to post something. I have been watching the Bach/ette since the start in 2002 and I first heard of and saw RS in his coming out video when he sat on his couch petting his dog and telling the world that Jason was going to dump Melissa and pick Molly and everyone was like “How did he know this?” I enjoyed reading his blogs and then listening on joker internet radio and hearing the various interviews and such. Then he started getting very arrogant and IMO thinking he was the greatest thing that walked the Earth and reading how he treated his emailer fans was just so rude. I’ve never emailed him nor would I give him the time of day. Thank goodness I know the answers to all the questions or I’d feel like a real loser. I plugged my nose through all the “tooting his own horn” sections before getting to the enjoyable parts of the blog. Then the comments section started to emerge and I have loved it. I finally discovered that there were many of you out there that thought the same way I did. Thank you Cammie, karyn, bigfatwoman, liz, whoever else for pretty much stating everything I’ve been thinking for a long time. You all have had me laughing recently with the pictures. There are others out here that completely agree with you and yes, we generally have been around a long time. I’m frankly disappointed that he won’t be having anymore interviews with contestants. Then this Roberto thing and “I can’t remember what I wrote” and “Did I say that?” He has selective memory. His better days are in the past.

26. iheartvino

July 24, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Welcome, Soccerfan! Great post. 🙂 This is my favorite part-
    “I first heard of and saw RS in his coming out video when he sat on his couch petting his dog” I remember seeing that video too, and I was less listening to RS ramble and more thinking the whole time how cute Maddie was.

I agree with you completely that RS has selective memory. RS was much more likeable before he became so arrogant. Thank goodness we have this comments section to keep the site entertaining.

27. graciousjunk

July 24, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Still laughing! I’m not super impressed by anyone who blogs about a ridiculous reality show for a living, but the level of loathesomeness you people have is comical. Keep going! I’m on a quick break and this is entertainment! (Love the classy texting acronyms too!)

28. liz123

July 24, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Hey, soccerfan! Welcome to the comments section! I have a feeling there are A LOT of people like you out there- who have read RS for a long time & are increasingly disappointed in how arrogant & rude he has become, but they dont post those feelings publicly. He’s always been a little snarky, but most of us obviously enjoy that since we do it now in this section. He’s just flat out rude & not at all funny now. It really does suck- I enjoyed the old RS.. I do wonder what happened to him.

29. cammie99

July 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM

@Gracious, IKR! YW for all the LOL’s we have provided for you. Although, WTF is up with you trying so hard to integrate yourself into the conversation? Sometimes I want to tell you to STFU, but then I think better of it and decide to just LMAO at your silliness. CYA!

30. rollingeyes

July 24, 2012 at 10:46 AM

ROTFLMAO @Cammie99. I <3 U! U R so funny! 😀

31. iheartvino

July 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM

IDK about all of U but I am ready for RS’s BP recap. I hope something he says 2Day will make me LOL.

32. Amy

July 24, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Hi ladies……I also read the comments here everyday and find your banter back and forth pretty amusing. What is the address for your FB page? Thanks 🙂

33. cammie99

July 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM

FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/380698001994432/

Feel free to join us! 🙂

34. iheartvino

July 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM

35. iheartvino

July 24, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Oops, Cammie beat me to it. Cammie you’re such a cow!! 😉 <3

36. Amy

July 24, 2012 at 11:15 AM

thanks and I’d rather be a cow cammie. I’m a horse’s ass lol!

37. cammie99

July 24, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I’m an EVIL cow, don’t forget!

38. Amy

July 24, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Oh , yes you have a point!! 😛 I joined the FB site and I’m not sure I posted the RS name = FB name correctly, but I’m Amy here and Amy (leaving out last name) over there and probably the only Amy that joined in the last hour. I’ll have more time to navigate your page when I’m home. Thanks again for all the entertainment! You guys are better at being snarky than RS!!

39. kladrian

July 24, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I am a long time reader of Reality Steve’s blog and first time commenter. I’ve been fighting the urge for a few weeks now, but I’m giving in and I’ve got to say a few of the posters on here are starting to sound a little on the crazy side. You know who you are…or at least you should. As someone mentioned before, this site is a “guilty pleasure”…why do you take it so seriously??!!  If you hate the guy, don’t give him your time. If your life seems unfulfilled with the absence of spoilers, seek help. But whatever you do, pull it together and quit being so hateful.

On a side note, I actually have met Steve once in Dallas a couple of years ago at a viewing party for Brad’s second season. I’m not easily impressed but Steve struck me as a personable, intelligent, high energy kind of guy who, on that particular evening, was very well dressed. Never once did the words prick, douche, sexist or anything stronger come to mind. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t “love” Steve, but I liked what I saw. Pure entertainment. Take it for what it’s worth and RELAX.

And let me just stop the madness before it starts. No, I am not his sister, his mother, his wannabe girlfriend, superfan, RS undercover, etc. I’m just someone who watches his show and reads his blog twice a week. That’s it.

40. graciousjunk

July 24, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Cammie, truly, you should become a comedienne. You are HILARIOUS. (Seriously, I am still laughing at the rantings. Keep ’em coming.) Oh, and I have no intention of inserting myself in the conversation. . . I just want to encourage y’all to keep it coming so I can watch the hot, angry mess ensue. Don’t take yourself so seriously.

41. cammie99

July 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM

@Kladrian, who might you be referring to?

@Gracious, give credit where credit is due. I take myself a lot seriously than others on this blog.

42. rollingeyes

July 24, 2012 at 12:34 PM

is graciousjunk really dreamchi? Haven’t seen dreamchi in a while…..and you sound alot like him/her…..without being long-winded….

43. cammie99

July 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Left that word out. Requires correcting, so BigFat, please don’t jump all over me! 😉

44. karynr

July 24, 2012 at 1:01 PM

bachette, I’m the person that made the comment about his RS persona being the real Steve Carbone.
    1-There is documented proof of over-the-top nasty emails to readers who innocently sent him nice, brief, intelligent messages.
    2-He asked for donations towards his legal fund while lying to his readers about his part in that mess. From what I’ve heard, he received $10K, and I’ve never seen an accounting of the monies. The people who donated should wonder how that money plays into his constant travel, including all those trips to Vegas?
    3-He has been known to get sexually inappropriate if he takes a liking to a reader. This is well documented too. He can be pretty gross when trying to go after a female.
    4-His mother and siser called a blogger by the name of Matthew Chan, asking him to give RS some positive publicity. Once Matthew Chan saw the whole picture, he disappeared and is no longer defending RS.
    5-His writing has gone from being a blast to read, to being angry, sexist, mean and bitter. There’s also a lot of blatant jealousy towards males.

I am not a “hater”, just someone really disappointed in the caliber of the individual writing this blog I have enjoyed for so many years. I experienced a nasty email myself, and up to that point, never had a bad word to say about him. Then, I found out all the other stuff, and that changed everything for me.

kasey…thank you 🙂

45. andie

July 24, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Is Roberto going to be the next bachelor or what? I hate all things Bachelor except for Roberto. I don’t watch this craptastic show except Roberto got me with his proposal during that last Bachelorette so I went back on y-tube and watched the whole thing. I can’t be bothered with any of the others so just let me know if he’s going to be on. If not, I’ll be watching anything but ABC

46. Ciness

July 24, 2012 at 3:30 PM

you said “journey.” :O)

47. Ciness

July 24, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I missed the wacky outtakes of their journey!

48. iheartvino

July 24, 2012 at 3:32 PM

@karyn, thanks for summing up exactly how I feel about RS too. 🙂

@andie, I don’t think it’s been confirmed. Well, a few weeks ago RS said it was “1000% confirmed Roberto, signed and delivered..” but then on his video blog last week he claims he didn’t recall what he wrote in his blog, and that “unless something changes” between now and when ABC announces it at BP finale, it’s Roberto. I have read on other sites that it’s Sean. So who really knows?

49. rsizthebest

July 24, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I actually find some of the cast on the show, including past members who are milking their 15 minutes as long as possible, as being more self-absorbed, more arrogant and more annoying than Steve. That said, I am glad I did not donate now that I know he did cross the line and so is not a completely ethical person. However, having worked in marketing for a number of years, I’ve learned a lot of people are sneaky and dishonest in this world. It’s not like he hurt anyone. And no, I don’t know him nor do I have a crush on him, etc. I just hate some of the other bach-related folks a lot more, who also lie, delete tweets and do other dishonest things to make themselves look better than they really are.

50. bachette182

July 24, 2012 at 7:55 PM

@karynr thanks for explaining further, I’m starting to understand better where some of you are coming from!