Bachelor Pad 3

The “Bachelor Pad” Recap

Hey there. Miss me? I did too. I know a lot of you have some questions about things going on right now with the site, and the best answer I can give you is “be patient.” You will get your answers. All of them. Just not today. It will be soon though, I promise. As for me mentioning on Thursday that I was going to call someone out in a major way in the next column, that has to wait too. It will happen, and it will happen soon, but I have my reasons for holding out a bit longer. You’ll understand once I post it. Just hang in there and your questions will be answered.

Will still be back tomorrow with your “Reader Emails” and “Dr. Reality Steve” questions, but gonna do something a bit different tomorrow night for the live video blog. Since we are currently in the “off season,” there honestly isn’t a whole hell of a lot to talk about regarding the “Bachelor/ette.” So tomorrow night, I’m bringing on a special guest. Her name is Lori Zaslow, she is known as the “Love Broker” and her show is on Bravo on Tuesday nights at 10:00PM EST. You’ll be able to talk to her, ask any love questions you might have, and anything else. Just wanted to change it up a bit since for 23 shows, it’s pretty much just been me sitting there in a chair by myself. You must’ve gotten bored by now, no? Anyway, Lori is a friend of mine that I wanted to bring on so you could meet her and ask any questions you may have, so look forward to that tomorrow night.

With the Olympics going on right now, I find it utterly hilarious that what NBC is currently doing (running the events on tape delay after the spoilers are already out there on the internet for everyone to see) is proving my exact point about what I do has no effect on television viewing whatsoever. As you know, NBC basically has to run most events on tape delay because London is hours ahead of the United States in terms of local time. You can’t run the opening ceremonies live, because then it’s in the middle of the day on a Friday when people are working. Happens every time the Olympics are held in a country that’s not the United States. We ALWAYS get it on tape delay. There’s no way around it.

And now with the advent of social media, it’s basically impossible not to hear about an event or an athlete before you actually see it happen at night. Sure, NBC is getting criticized, but there’s really nothing they can do. However, then you see that the weekend ratings averaged 35 million viewers, which was the most watched weekend in Summer Olympics history and it just goes to show that people don’t care if it’s spoiled or not. They’re still going to watch. Which is why I contend that me posting spoilers about a TV show before it airs will not change anything in regards to its viewership. Fans are still going to watch. If anything, it will get MORE people to tune in because they want to see if what’s reported is right. I love how what’s happening with the spoiled Olympic coverage being a complete slap in the face to ABC that bitches about spoilers. And it makes Fleiss’ rants on Twitter three weeks ago about spoilers sound completely ridiculous. Enough already.

1. maxi

August 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Yawn. For over a week he’s been talking about the same BS, either write it or don’t.

And by not acknowledging why he took down the Bachelor Pad spoilers, I will assume Mike Fleiss had something to do with it and his twitter “rant” had something to do with this.

Oh, and Steve said many times that there was no chance in hell Arie would be Bachelor (it was confirmed Roberto, remember;) and now that has changed too. I think Star Magazine is more reliable then Steve.

2. maxi

August 1, 2012 at 10:48 AM

well, I didn’t put much thought into that post. Sorry for two “something to do with” its…

3. Susan

August 1, 2012 at 11:00 AM

He ought to just give up saying he’s a spoiler site. Just do the recaps. They’ve gotten funny again and I enjoy reading his take, but the other sites have better and sooner spoilers.

It’s pretty obvious the ass a/k/a fleiss had something on him with his twitter tantrum, and I guess we now know it was something about the Bachelor Pad. If I was him, I’d quit with them, he’s only regurgitating what other sites have anyway.

BTW, this season of BP is horrific. A bunch of people I have no idea who they are making asses of themselves on national TV. It’s a joke of a show. Hopefully this will be the last season.

4. lcs85

August 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Actually I’m less likely to watch an Olympic even if I’ve seen the outcome. It takes away the excitement of it all if you know who wins gold, silver, and bronze. I guess RS doesn’t watch much sports, since he doesn’t understand the thrill of it all.

And no, NBC doesn’t have to spoil it, they can acknowledge that for the most part they force the US to wait to watch the events, so they should at least be considerate enough and not post spoilers on their own sites.

And weren’t the weekend rating mostly from the Opening Ceremony? That was what I heard got the most views. Seeing pictures or hearing that Mary Poppins is going to be there doesn’t ruin the Opening Ceremonies. It was still fun to watch and see how it all came together.

5. Dianne

August 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM

maxi, take it easy. There are obviously reasons Steve can’t post certain things right now. He has his reasons, and nobody has the right to question him. He said he’d post them when he can, and he will. Just be patient.

6. steffy

August 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Did he say Arie could be the next bachelor? He is my favorite and I hope so.

7. kjem

August 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I think maxi’s point is that for about the last month in every post Steve saids there is going to be big news in the next post, and then the next post comes and he saids oh I’ll include it in the next post, and then he saids oh I decided just to leave it out, like he did with that fake twitter account. I’m a really big fan of Steve, I just wish he would either say something about whats going on or not mention it at all.

8. melandtj

August 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I have to say that I agree with Maxi on this one. While I have read his blog for a long time and will continue to read, the “I have something to say but can’t say it” stuff is getting to be a bit old IMO.

9. Dianne

August 1, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I have a feeling that when Steve says he’s going to say what’s going on, something gets in the way, and he can’t. I dunno the in’s and out’s, but that’s the way Steve is. Not much we can do to change that.

10. maxi

August 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Diane, it’s not about impatience, he alway does it. Like Steve’s saying last Tuesday he would post it Thursday, last Thursday saying he wasn’t posting it will yesterday for “karma” reasons in Vegas–which frankly, screamed BS to me–and today… well you get it.

Melandtj and Kejem, EXACTLY:) It just gets so old and most the time he never delivers.

Steffy, on page 2 he quickly mentions that Arie is being considered. I hope he is picked too, he would be great:)

11. maxi

August 1, 2012 at 11:27 AM

*till not will.

12. khaki

August 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I wouldn’t have watched any of the Olympic coverage last night if I hadn’t seen news stories revealing the outcome of gymnastics and swimming. I don’t keep up with what Olympic sports are when, and there are a number of sports that don’t interest me in my daily life. I don’t regularly follow swimming or gymnastics, but due to the spoilers, I wanted to see exactly how the events unfolded.

13. Dianne

August 1, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Yes, maxi, I get it..thanks.

14. jazzmine

August 1, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Hey Steve — I for one did miss you.
    I think I definitely lost some brain cells watching BP. The twins were indescribable and did anyone catch “I’m like sorry!”. Oy…..
    And Michael Stag went on the show to find love? Another oy….

15. carol1975

August 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM

What really bothers me is Steve saying that he knows the real reason why the twins were arguing, but he is not at liberty to say.
    Then don’t say anything at all! It’s like putting candy in front of a kid and then taking it away!

16. randais

August 1, 2012 at 11:56 AM

What Maxi said.

I couldn’t even read that whole thing…..zzzzzzzzzzzz

17. randais

August 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Clarification: I agree with Maxi.

RS’ blog…….not entertaining (at least the 3 sentences I was able to get through)

18. clatk

August 1, 2012 at 12:11 PM

While I was complaining about having conjunctivitis and flu-like symptoms, my husband said, “it could be worse, you could be on the Bachelor Pad.”. Haha- so true!

19. jessica1

August 1, 2012 at 12:17 PM

clatk – that is so damn funny! i’m using that one at home!

20. melandtj

August 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM

@Carol1975 – My point EXACTLY! Love ya Steve, but ya gotta stop with the “i totally have something big to tell you but……you are going to have to wait awhile”. I just think it’s been over used far to often lately. I am sure there has to be some recourse with the lawsuit thing considering the BP spoilers have been removed and I tweeted him yesterday and he responded to everyone but mine….

21. jgunn

August 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Carol – that’s why he included the link to Ashley Spivey’s blog. In it she says that a little bird told her that the reason the twins were fighting and decided to leave was that one (not the one that was hooking up with the fan) but the other one hooked up with Tony and this started a bunch of drama between them. That’s basically what I gathered. I don’t really get why, if each of them was hooking up with someone different but whatever.

22. jgunn

August 1, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I also agree that it is quite annoying that Steve keeps saying he will tell us and never does but I have to conclude that there must be good reasoning for it.

23. thelmasix

August 1, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Love the site, your recaps really enhance enjoyment of the show, and I agree with you that people will watch, spoilers or not (I do). But I have to contradict you re: how NBC has no choice but to air the Olympics on tape delay. Um, no. In Canada we have no less than 4 stations airing different events live, and the five hour time difference is no big deal. Coverage starts at 8 am and runs until 5 pm. We PVR everything and can then skip the ads and FF to the events we want to watch. MUCH better than having the honchos at NBC snip and sanitize everything according to what they think sells.

24. karynr

August 1, 2012 at 1:09 PM

clatk, It could be even worse. You could be on BP3 AND add an STD to your illnesses! Feel better soon. I had conjunctivits two months ago and still can’t get my contact lenses in without ending up with red swollen eyes by the end of the day.

25. carol1975

August 1, 2012 at 1:26 PM

thanks jgunn. definitely will check out Ashley’s blog

26. bigfatwoman

August 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lori Zaslow on ‘Love Broker’

I think she is always on target with her feelings about love/relationships. She’s straightforward and honest and very genuine. I also love the tone and cadence of her voice.

Maybe she could work some magic on you, Steve.

27. clatk

August 1, 2012 at 1:35 PM

@jessica1- it’s all yours, go for it :)!
    @karyn- I thought the same thing – thank goodness I’m not adding chlamydia to the list! I’ve had it since Friday, and have antibiotics, but it still won’t go way and has moved to my other eye! SO OVER IT!

28. kbntn

August 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Well I have to admit I don’t care about spoilers. I don’t care who is right or wrong. Steve just needs to keep making fun of this lame whore show. This blog is the funniest. I started to make my list of everything he said that made me laugh… but, my list was wayyyy too long! One of the funniest was “give Jamie what she seems to crave most… fake eyelashes” BAHAHAHA Sleazy Lame BP Season ABC.

29. karynr

August 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM

clatk, you probably already know this, but replace all your makeup and anything else that goes near your eyes. Mine started in one eye and jumped to the other because I bought a new mascara, then spaced out and threw away the new one accidentally! That’s why it came back. I hope you feel better soon!

30. cycy

August 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM

this blog was pretty funny; i have a feeling Steve enjoys this BP more than The Bachelor/ette. just too much stuff to make fun of. wish the twins had stayed, they were hilarious.

31. FanofSteve

August 1, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Yes, Steve, I did miss you – and thanks for another entertaining & hilarious recap.
    This is the first time I’ve watched a Bachelor Pad series & have to admit I’m stunned by the skanky behaviour. Have they all been this bad?
    Winning the Gold Medal for the most obnoxious / unbearable contestants are, of course, the screeching, whining, 2-yr-olds-having-tantrums, psycho twins – I thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that they’re off the show!
    The Silver medal goes to Ed-the-Drunk. (This idiot knows he’s on TV, doesn’t he?)
    And the Bronze medal goes to Fan-Donna, with her pathetic crush and her really gross tongue-work. Ug!
    I’m truly enjoying hating this show (and almost all of the contestants) – it just makes me feel soooooooo good about myself!

Cheers, fellow fans!

32. duckquack

August 1, 2012 at 6:36 PM

steve has nothing for you…..he was in california, and then las vegas, and those are his priorities..why not when he can just put a donate button on and people will send their money for his leisurely activities…

he has nothing for you because he has to put a former contestant who would not break her contract to feed his lifestyle….sore looser.

now he keeps reeling readers in and promise an empty tirade that he could not pen, because some fat guy was sitting to him on a plane…when it is that he was just too hung over and could not sit down and write….he also has to read everyone else first, to give him a start otherwise he can’t write….none of the material is original…..once again he has to postpone things to keep it going…ashley spivey writes what producers feed her, she is friends with them…

so you keep hanging on for steve to release his tirade on a former contestant, because he has no other material…lames excuses to keep you coming back only to be told come back again and increase my site readership.

33. kasey31

August 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM

@duckquack- thats how lies about steve perpetuate.. saying things that u believe to be true that are just flat out wrong.. is it irritating to some that he hasnt posted what he said he would? ya, i could see that, but he must have a good reason why he is waiting.. hes damned if he does, and damned if he doesnt it seems..

he wrote a column today, probably to address the dozens of emails hes getting about his lack of spoilers- thats good enough for me… it might take him awhile, but he almost always comes through with whatever he promises to discuss. lets just be patient : )

btw, i thought i read a comment that said he mentioned arie could be the next bachelor.. where is that? i didnt see it?

34. Cndgirl

August 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM

kasey31 it’s in the last paragraph on page 2 of this blog post.

35. iheartvino

August 1, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I’ll admit I was looking forward to seeing him out that person in the column today, but I’m sure he has his reasons for not posting it yet.

@Karyn- so sorry to hear about your eye issues. I’m a contact lens wearer too and problems with your contacts can be extremely irritating, literally! Hope it all goes back to normal soon.

36. kasey31

August 1, 2012 at 10:51 PM

@cndgrl- busted.. i skimmed through that page and missed it, but i just saw it.. thanks for pointing it out 😉 arie for the next bachelor? i dont hate that idea.. he just seems like such a player though.. i think id rather see sean or roberto.. mainly sean now.. roberto is so 2010..

37. JovisMom

August 2, 2012 at 5:28 AM

OMG if Arie is the next Bachelor he will make out with ALL the girls. LOL! He seems nice, cute, seems like an amazing kisser, but he just is sleazy!! LOL!! I say Sean or stick with Roberto.

38. Dianne

August 2, 2012 at 6:21 AM

@duckquack. CUT with putting Steve down. Give the guy a break already, please! I too am a tad disapointed that he did spill what he said he had when he said he would, but there must be good reason for it.
    @thelmasix. I too am in Canada, Toronto actually, and CTV is doing a super great job with their Olympic coverage. NBC blew it, big time!

39. jillbeau

August 2, 2012 at 9:05 AM

First off, I am incredibly jealous of all you Canadians with your live Olympic coverage! I was looking forward to the women’s gymnastics team medal competition and wouldn’t you know, on the national news at 6:30pm, I heard that the USA had won gold. I was a little disappointed that I knew beforehand, but I still watched the coverage on TV that night to see it happen. I also stayed up to watch Michael Phelps win his 19th Olympic medal, although I already knew that happened too. Guess Steve it right, people will tune in regardless of knowing the outcome.

Second, with all of this talk for the last few weeks of “I have something to tell you but I can’t tell you right now”, I lost track of what’s going on! Is this about Holly? Another contestant? A friend? That twitter issue? All of the above? I don’t even know anymore. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see…maybe he’ll have something to report before I just stop caring.

40. guerlain

August 2, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I wish they would show this train wreck of a TV show where I live. I could use a good laugh watching some of my fellow americans make complete and utter asses of themselves in the name of becoming a Z-list celebrity. Nevertheless, I get a good laugh outta reading Steve’s smart-ass, horny ramblings ( and seeing the adorable Maddie every once and awhile).

41. ally

August 2, 2012 at 11:53 AM

You love to brag about what you know and shove it in our face but then not tell us-“Hmmmmmm, I loved how they masked the real reason why these two were arguing. Unfortunately, I’m not at liberty to say what it was really over, but ummmmm….errrrrrrrrr….hey, Ashley Spivey has a new blog out about episode 2!” Spit it out or don’t say anything. It’s frustrating. We get it- you’re know-it-all Steve- we don’t care unless you care to share.

42. khaki

August 2, 2012 at 1:03 PM

ally, I think he couldn’t say. It might be construed as he got it from inside source, like a spoiler. That’s probably why he name dropped her blog. He didn’t reveal anything outside of a regular recap & commentary. Read between the lines. I imagine he will tell us later why he is only currently recapping. I’m sure it has to do with the interpretation of the legal agreement. It sounds like that might be up in the air again.

43. karynr

August 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I think Arie would probably bring in good ratings, but will it be two hours of sticking his tongue down everyone’s throat each week? He seems like a good guy, and I think he’s cute (not gorgeous), but how much time will be spent kissing versing actual conversations!

44. karynr

August 2, 2012 at 6:02 PM

iheart…..SUCCESS….had the contacts in all day and my eyes feel great…..finally!

45. duckquack

August 2, 2012 at 10:14 PM

awwwwww stevie will throw us a little bone and tails will wag…
    imagine that…
    dr. love steve….what qualifications does he have to give love advice…..the guy doesn’t date…

46. FanofSteve

August 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Wow, Quack, simmer down – your blood pressure must be through the roof.
    What’s your problem with Reality Steve, anyway? Did he turn you down for a date or something? Surely it’s got to be something personal because your vitriol is way out of proportion to whatever may annoy readers about RS’s posts.
    No one’s forcing you to read this site, so why don’t you pack up your little bag of hatefulness and just move along?
    Sheesh!

47. steffy

August 6, 2012 at 8:22 AM

What does vitriol mean?

48. khaki

August 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Steffy, http://bit.ly/GRQnYR see noun definition #2.