Dr. Reality Steve

“Reader Emails,” “Dr. Reality Steve,” and a Special Guest on the Live Blog Tonight

Back with another live video blog tonight at 9:00PM EST/6:00PM PST. Going to have on special guest Lori Zaslow, also known as the “Love Broker,” whose show can be seen on Bravo Tuesday nights at 10:00PM EST/9:00PM CST. I’m still trying to figure out if we’re going to have you guys ask questions to her via video, or, just send them in like you normally do. Problem with that is you’re only allowed a certain amount of characters, and I’m guessing your questions will be more detailed than the ones you ask me. We’ll have it figured out by tonight and hopefully no technical glitches either. And if none of that works, maybe I’ll just read Lori some of my “Dr. Reality Steve” emails and she can answer those. Or maybe we’ll just shoot the sh** on relationships in general. So if you have any “Dr. Reality Steve” questions for Lori that you want read tonight, by all means, send them to me in the next few hours and I’ll see if we can get to them tonight.

More tabloid stuff going around this week regarding the whole Emily/Arie relationship, but honestly, I’m done with the whole thing. I don’t really care at this point. She’s with Jef in Africa now building wells and giving dolls to kids. Tabloids are tabloids and they’re going to print whatever they can to get a reaction out of people, regardless if what they print they can never prove. I wouldn’t put much stock into it. Just because they can follow Kristen Stewart and her little fling around and take pictures of them canoodling doesn’t mean everything else they print is true. Tabloids are good for an exclusive maybe once every 6 months or so. Congrats on outing Kristen Stewart for being a cheating whore. You just gave every Twilight fan a heart attack and ruined the fantasy world they were living in. Hope you’re happy.

I can’t tell you any more than I already have about being patient for what’s to come. I will share with you what’s going on and who I’m talking about, but I can’t right now for reasons that I’ll tell you once I finally can. Did that make sense? It did in my head. Anyway, there’s obviously something going on with the site that a lot of you have noticed and I will address it. But I don’t want to give you an exact date on when I’m gonna address it because if something falls through (like it did Tuesday) and I have to postpone it again, I’ll never hear the end of it. Just know that I’m not hiding anything and I will tell you what’s going on and who absolutely betrayed my trust coming very shortly. I promise.

1. sclark

August 2, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Thank you, Steve! Looking forward very much to the upcoming columns.

2. jessica13

August 2, 2012 at 10:46 AM

to the person who asked the last question to dr steve…i gotta echo was steve said…get out! that guy sounds like a condescending douche. the things he says to you are awful and so disrespectful. ”Earlier today, we were discussing his opinion that I lack common sense, and that he can’t believe the things I do/say sometimes”???? that is so mean. no guy who is worth your time will consider anything you say stupid!

3. khaki

August 2, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Jessica is right. To the last Dr. Steve writer, read your question back to yourself. If you had a friend who said those things, what would you tell them? You write as somebody well educated with a good head on your shoulders. You need to step back and realize you deserve much much more in a relationship. I can understand a conversation about you being flakey if you did something really destructive like forgetting to pay all your utilities for months or locking a child in a car, but we all have our dumb blonde moments. It honestly sounds like he is grooming you to have lowered self esteem so that you bend to his every wish since he is “older and wiser.” You deserve better. You are young. You are smart. You do not have to be dependent on him. Yes you should admire qualities in your partner, but he should admire qualities in you also. If you are asking the question, you already know there is a problem. Listen to your gut. Find somebody who makes you HAPPY not MISERABLE.

4. Dianne

August 2, 2012 at 11:39 AM

OMG!! That last question e-mail is a doozy! Honey, do yourself a favour, and now. Dump the guy! My gawd, I can almost hear Kalon saying things like that, and we all know what Kalon is like.

5. elizabeth82

August 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM

To the person who e-mailed with suggestions for who should be on Bachelor Pad: Kacie B. a bitch? Really??!

6. randais

August 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

WOW people (other than RS) really read these emails! Who knew?

7. jillbeau

August 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I usually skip over the Dr. Reality Steve emails, but since there a few comments about the last one, I figured I would read it. My opinion is this: your boyfriend is probably insecure. There is no reason to belittle others, especially someone you apparently care about, unless there are other issues involved. People who are insecure usually try to control whatever they can, to increase their self-esteem and sense of self worth. He is trying to keep you under his control. He wants to be in charge of the relationship. By acting as if you are having “blonde moments” or have no common sense, this causes you to question yourself which will then cause you to seek his approval. So when you mention your future together and he makes statements such as “IF we have a future”. Well look at that, he’s in control of the relationship. You’re putting all the power in his hands. When you seek his approval, he then feels better about himself. Unless you want to put up with this, I agree with the others, get out of the relationship. Otherwise, step up and stand up for yourself.

8. jillbeau

August 2, 2012 at 6:19 PM

As a side note for anyone reading this, I am a social worker and I attended a seminar this past year regarding “Dealing with difficult clients”. If anyone is familiar with social work, difficult clients are a given with the occupation (although wonderful, fantastic clients are far more common). The speaker said something very intriguing during the seminar and it’s this: You are not treated the way you deserve to be treated, you are treated the way you teach others to treat you. So, in short, stand up for yourself! If you’re being disrespected, it’s because others feel as though they can get away with it. Stand up for yourself and demand respect (in a respectful way).

*steps off soap box*

9. Vanilla Thunder

August 3, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Re: the last email. I will go even further, and say that I think this dude is mentally/emotionally abusing her. It seems that he’s constantly belittling her intelligence, and though she says she’s “not that bad”, it sounds like she is at least halfway to buying into his cr@p. And going back and forth between talking about a solid future and doubting they’ll even be together in a year? That is a tactic to keep you off balance and on eggshells with him. You never know where you stand, so you do everything you can to keep him happy and not lose him. I hope the LW gets out right away, before he escalates his mental games to something worse. Find a guy who loves you the way you are, and treats you right!