Uncategorized

Reality Steve Live Video Blog – Thursday, August 2nd 9:00PM EST/6:00PM PST

Here is the updated video from Thursday night without the technical glitches. Something is happening with Vokle where when you watch the show live, there aren’t problems. But once it’s posted, the delay makes it impossible to watch. A Vokle technician recorded Thursday’s show, made sure the audio synched up, and uploaded it to YouTube. If we have to do this for the time being, so be it. The first 10 minutes of Thursday’s show were cut out, and the first ten minutes of this show, Lori’s video feed is a little screwy, but it gets better after that. Vokle is working on it to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Enjoy Thursday’s video in much better audio quality now…

1. duckquack

August 2, 2012 at 10:36 PM

load of crap….first you can’t hear the guest, then she disappears and reappears and you can’t hear her…
    sliding down the tube steve..you lost what you once had.

2. debora123

August 3, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Lol, looks like we’ve still got one hater! 😉

3. duckquack

August 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM

looks like everyone is disappearing, not enough to keep interest…..someone slapped steve’s hand again….or love doctor is just full of bs.

4. CarolH

August 4, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Steve that was so hard to watch…I love your video blogs but that was just terrible…please do not do that again unless it is fixed…thanks

5. tamara

August 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Those of you who are in RS lovers/haters on facebook: some information. I politely agreed with a post stating there is some hatred going on in that group and was immediately thrown out of the group. No room for dissent even mild and politely stated. Enjoy the lively conversation, just don’t express anything negative regarding the group or you are out! It’s like junior high, only worse. lol. :) i won’t be responding to any hatred here that might be directed at me now, just wanted to let folks know what they are getting into if they join the group. Looking forward to chatting here on RS about B Pad.

6. debora123

August 5, 2012 at 5:14 PM

@Tamara.

Word has it the group was actually shut down. I can’t get in either, and I never even had any problems with the admins. From what I understand, the group was simply shut down altogether and it wasn’t due to any one person.

7. tamara

August 5, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Interesting timing. It’s probably for the best.

8. wvgal

August 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Yes, same here…group is no longer there. I thought I had been thrown out due to using the R word 😉

9. heliofan

August 6, 2012 at 4:46 AM

First time poster. Have been reading RS since Jason’s season (which was actually the first season on the Bachelor I watched). I’ve only continued to watch the show because of Steve’s spoilers and recaps. My husband and I actually watch the show together and make fun of it.

My son and I go to a couple of IndyCar races each year and MidOhio is one of them. Arie Jr. was walking around in the Paddock so I asked if I could take a picture of him (I wanted to txt it to my friend who is a big Bachelorette fan). He told me to get in the picture too. He was very nice.

10. heliofan

August 6, 2012 at 4:52 AM

Whoops….guess it would make more sense if I would explain that MidOhio is a race track in Mansfield, Ohio. There were races held there this past weekend and IndyCar was one of them. Arie was not racing there this weekend but does work for NBC sports so I think that’s why he was there. He was also doing some fan activity stuff there with his dad.

11. DawsMA

August 6, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Thanks for the info about the group having closed. I just went to check it and thought I had gotten the boot, which would have been strange since I was never invovled in the sh*tslinging! It’s a shame because it was so fun to chat about the show on FB. Unfortunately a handful of drama-craving ladies had to ruin it. I hope they can all move on now.

12. ccrider

August 6, 2012 at 8:13 AM

DawsMA……I feel the same way. I enjoyed the FB group and also wasn’t involved in the crap that went on. I’m sorry to see it now gone but I can understand the ones that were involved not wanting to keep it going based on what happened.

13. steffy

August 6, 2012 at 8:26 AM

John, Paul, George and Ringo said it best.

LET IT BE

14. nobody1

August 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM

@ccrider:

Care to tell us what happened? I never had any desire to even look at the FB page, so I wasn’t a part of it. I didn’t care to have anyone constantly telling me that I was only allowed to talk about bunnies, rainbows, and unicorns, so I did the smart thing and just stayed away from it.

15. ccrider

August 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM

@nobody…..I don’t know anymore than what the rest of the “uninvolved” know…..just the bits and pieces that have been talked about on the FB page and on here.

16. jillbeau

August 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM

That’s a shame the FB group was shut down, I used to enjoy hearing everyone’s opinion about the show. I think that the group could have gone on without all of the drama. People could have simply used it as a forum to discuss Bachelor/ette or BP, nothing else. But, I was not an admin, so it was not my decision to make.

@nobody1, the main problem is, someone copied and pasted posts from the FB group here in the comments section. It was about a situation that Steve specifically requested the people involved not discuss on this site. I haven’t visited the FB group in a few days, so I’m not sure exactly why it was shut down, but if I had to guess, people were afraid that their posts would end up here so the whole group was shut down. Personally, I used the group to discuss the show. There really was not as much mudslinging as people probably think. It was really just a better forum to discuss this show and comment to people directly. On here, you have to check through all the comments to see if there are any that pertain to you.

17. DawsMA

August 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Totally agree with what jillbeau said. The FB group was almost entirely a bunch of nice people talking about the show- everyone seemed to be getting along great! I wasn’t home the last few days but briefly saw some notifications on my phone that looked like someone bringing stuff from the comments section here (asking about someone named Curiouser?) and then by the time I visited FB today, the group disappeared. Maybe someone can start a new group for those of us who just enjoyed shooting the breeze about the show. Like jillbeau said, the format there is way easier than here.

18. heliofan

August 6, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I agree that it would be good to start a new fb group just to discuss the show etc. I joined the fb group a couple of weeks before the drama started and enjoyed all the posts about the show on there. Once the drama started I left on my own. It would be nice to have an open group to discuss things without the drama.

19. Athena

August 6, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Thanks DawesMA. The perceptions you and jillbeau shared about the FB site in terms of the tenor or discussions and ease of access to new threads and comments match my own. Unlike some people have suggested, it was possible to share opposing views which were, for the most part, relatively civil, and certainly more so than at times over here. I appreciated that. I think most of the vitriol must have been shared in the secret sub-group (purely my supposition since I wasn’t there) since it had eased up over here and wasn’t really very prevalent on the FB site either.

However, there has apparently continued to be some behind the scenes drama (this time about curioser’s identity or something about him/her) that only some members knew about (I didn’t), and since it doesn’t seem as if the site could simply remain an open forum with open dialogue, then it probably is better that it was shut down.

Maybe Steve’s site could have a way for people to either start threads, or at least check back to read “new posts” rather than having to scroll through all the old ones to find where they left off.

20. carol1975

August 6, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I was part of the FB group but chose to leave. Too much high school drama for me. I think the purpose of the group initially was a good one -to talk about all things bachelor- but they couldn’t control some people who started causing trouble.
    Didn’t this happen before with the reality tv forum (I think it was called something like that), where people started going at each other, and they they had to shut it down? Do I remember correctly?

21. steffy

August 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM

LET IT BE.

22. randais

August 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Y’all know there are facebook pages for the Bachelor, Bachelorette and RS right? Even BP has one. I tried to post the links for you but apparently RS doesn’t like that….”Your comment is awaiting moderation.” Is what I got, guess he’s the only one that can post links. :\

23. randais

August 6, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Well that’s confusing, now it’s there.

24. ccrider

August 6, 2012 at 5:00 PM

randais….the FB group is back? I just checked and didn’t see it.

25. randais

August 6, 2012 at 5:29 PM

@cc sorry I have no idea. Last I heard it was disbanded. I was talking about my comment. My comment was referring to the “original” facebook pages for each of those.

26. shouldbeworking

August 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Does anyone recall who the F4 are in Bachelor Pad 3?

27. maxi

August 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM

@shouldbeworking, I was actually just coming on here to ask that. I only remember Steve saying Chris makes it (ick), but I don’t remember the other 3…

28. jillbeau

August 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM

If I remember correctly it’s Nick/Rachel and Chris/Sarah…I think the couple in 3rd is Ed/Jaclyn. I’m curious to see how Nick factors in since he hasn’t been shown that much so far.

29. duckquack

August 7, 2012 at 12:34 AM

bachelor pad 3 spoilers ….click on it and you get
    Who Did Emily Choose

is steve spoiling it the new way now, or is he getting paid a few nickels and shutting up?
    there is no more spoilers…lol

30. theruhm

August 7, 2012 at 4:27 AM

I like this post and found very useful for reference. I bookmark this website and refer it to my colleague and friends.

31. RainyNiteNTx

August 7, 2012 at 6:45 AM

WTH where is Steve?

32. kasey31

August 7, 2012 at 7:43 AM

where did everyone go? it’s so quiet here!

33. addicted2rs

August 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM

@Kasey31

I find it refreshing the nut jobs are either gone or quiet. :)

34. JovisMom

August 7, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I’m still here!! LOL!! It has gotten quiet!

35. uploadrecipes