Bachelor Pad 3

Your “Bachelor Pad” Recap Including Why the Spoilers Are Gone & Who You Can Blame For It

The column that a lot of you have been waiting for, and honestly, I’ve been waiting for it too. I can finally get this off my chest because it has a lot to do with what’s going on with the site right now, it has to do with me naively thinking that some of these contestants are actually good people at heart, and it has to do with being betrayed by someone I thought I could trust. For the last two weeks, a lot of you have either tweeted or personally emailed me something to the effect of, “Where are the Bachelor Pad spoilers? I thought I saw them before but now they’re gone.” Yes, they are gone. And I can now finally explain why.

When Mike Fleiss was cryptically tweeting three weeks ago seemingly referencing me and my site, and I said I didn’t know what he was talking about, I didn’t. But then on July 17th, I was informed by the lawyers for the production company of the “Bachelor” franchise that they believed a breach had occurred in the agreement I signed. Fleiss just took it to another level and he was being completely overdramatic and exaggerating the story. He was acting is if you’d never seen another spoiler again on my site and/or they were gonna shut me down. Wrong and wrong. Here is the honest story about what’s going on right now:

I have received unsolicited communications with a lot people in the “Bachelor” franchise. The producers know this, which is why they are on a witch hunt to get me. They HATE the fact that some of the their contestants like me and they seem to be doing anything they can to get them to turn on me. Well, one of them did. Her name is Erica Rose. Erica and I have been friends for well over a year. I’ve got one years worth of text messages in my phone to prove it. She’s someone that I’ve talked to on numerous occasions, have met three or four times to hang out, mostly about non-Bachelor/ette/Pad related stuff, and someone that, up until recently, I thought was a good friend. Boy was I wrong. Through my conversations with her since filming ended, even though I thought I was not breaching my agreement that I signed, it seems to me that I was set up by Erica and she turned over a few of my texts (taken out of context) to the producers of the show, which led to the barrage of tweets from Fleiss and a demand letter from lawyers for the production company of the “Bachelor” franchise. In their letter, they stated that they wanted me to do two things:

1) Take down all “Bachelor Pad” spoilers that I’d already posted or were about to post about this season
2) Pay a fine

I’ve done both. I still don’t think I breached the agreement in any way by continuing my yearlong friendship with Erica even after she had returned from filming “Bachelor Pad,” especially since I ALREADY knew a lot of the spoilers before getting back in touch with her. However, I knew it would be a smarter decision to do what they said, take down the spoilers already posted and pay the fine rather than deal with this in court. I mean honestly, taking down the “Bachelor Pad” spoilers is really not that big of deal to me since they’d been up on my site since July 3rd. They’re already out there, and plenty of other media outlets have picked them up and ran with them. If you search around the internet, you can find other sites that copy and pasted the stuff I have already released. But going forward, I am not to re-publish the spoilers of this season’s “Bachelor Pad” on my site. You can thank Erica Rose for that.

However, let me make one thing perfectly clear: This will NOT prevent me from spoiling the finale of this season that they go back to film later this month, nor future “Bachelor” or “Bachelorette” seasons. It’s just that because communications continued with Erica Rose which they feel was a breach of the agreement that I signed, even though I don’t, it’s smarter to just do what they say in this instance and chalk it up to a lesson learned. This is very different than emailing the three girls on Ben’s season (Emily, Jaclyn, and Casey S) and saying that I’d never contact contestants again. I didn’t know those girls and was specifically looking for information. In a way, them turning over my emails made a little bit of sense since they were just fresh off the show, had never heard from me before, and were just scared. But I’ve known Erica for over a year and the purpose of our communications after she got back from filming was NOT about asking her for spoilers, because I already knew. She started talking and I started asking questions. The agreement I signed with them has nothing to do with the publication of spoilers. Nowhere in the agreement does it say I can’t spoil their show. It doesn’t even say I can’t talk to Cast members. It has to do with initiation of contact about non-public information about The Bachelor Series, and while I don’t think my contact with Erica Rose constituted a breach of my agreement, I didn’t want to fight the language, so I agreed to what they demanded. And since they still don’t know exactly where I got my information from, she has ruined all spoilers to date for everyone…but not going forward on stuff that hasn’t been taped yet. I am still free to spoil anything that hasn’t been taped as long as I don’t breach the agreement in doing so. Well, that won’t be a problem, I can assure you of that. Although it’s sucked receiving a bunch of “Where are the Bach Pad spoilers” emails from people the last couple weeks and not being able to give the reason why, you now have your answer. I’m fine with taking the spoilers down, I wish I didn’t have to pay the fine, but, that’s the price I paid for trusting a phony, shallow, self-centered, insecure person like Erica Rose.

1. maxi

August 7, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Well, no, it’s not at all shocking Erica Rose would sell someone out. All that disgusting woman wants is fame and attention. Of course she would love to have Fleiss happy with her. Hey, maybe she’ll be back for the 4th bachelor pad? Ha.

But seriously, Steve, these people are not your “friends”, IMO (and feel free to burn me for saying this) Steve paid many people to be his sources, and it sounds like Erica was one of them. Hmmm, friends for a year, so around the time you needed info on b-pad 2? Ok.

The story about her not being bid on is pretty funny. Come on though, what man with eyes, ears and a brain would bid…? Sorry you got stuck with her, Steve.

2. pumpkin

August 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM

PLEASE stop befriending these contestants! Since you don’t use them as spoiler sources, just say NO to friendship. Don’t go to their charity events. Don’t be lured, conned, deceived..
    Pick non franchise people as friends.

3. Dak1928

August 7, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Interesting column, but it made me wonder. How do we know you don’t have a contract with the show? I mean, it makes perfect sense. You had your alliance with Erica Rose, she betrayed you, essentially got you voted off. You two played your own version of “Bachelor Pad” over the last year or so. It’s a perfect set-up, really; a way for you to stay in the game, and a way for the franchise to get every last drop of publicity they can for their shows. I really hope this is true, that you’re on the payroll. If you’re not, portraying yourself as a victim is slightly disingenuous, no? But then, it’s Bachelor Pad, where the lowest common denominator is very well represented. Perhaps you just don’t recognize when you’ve been played.

4. aatex

August 7, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Which Bachelor season was she even on? She’s the most annoying contestant ever put on this show, so Fleiss like. I wonder if she got a lifetime contract to be a Bach Pad Wench.

5. lucky

August 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Great column! Sounds like Erica Rose wanted you to be her boyfriend and got her “revenge” for you not being interested.

Was she the one that caused all the drama on this comment board and at the other “secret” facebook page? Or, was that an entirely separate issue?

6. RTVlady

August 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I couldn’t believe when Erica Rose showed up for yet ANOTHER reality show. It’s ridiculous. We should all sue Fleiss for having to be exposed to her all this time. Seriously, she doesn’t fit in– she nearly always looks messy and unkempt in contrast to the other girls (who only look that way when hammered).

Live and learn, Steve. Stay strong.

7. liz123

August 7, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Please, somebody just shoot me now. It’s too much.

8. lovinRS

August 7, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Well that just sucks. I enjoy reading your blogs.. they are what they are your opinion. Sometimes you get great spoilers, however even without them I love your sophmoric twist on these crazy people who do this. I live in OKC and I can be your friend. 🙂

9. kjem

August 7, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Ouch… I understand what she did was wrong and obviously really hurt Steve, but I kind of wish he would of taken the high road, that would of made her look even worse, but hey maybe some of these bachelor people need to be taken down a peg… They are a pretty pathetic bunch of people… after watching this season of Bachelor Pad I don’t know if I can really look at any of them in a good light

10. laney2012

August 7, 2012 at 11:25 AM

@Liz: bang bang 🙂

11. iheartvino

August 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM

That does suck, but Erica doesn’t seem like she’d be the most trustworthy person so I’m really not surprised by this. She appears to be extremely insecure and always looking for attention. (Just like the majority of people that go on this sh*t show)

I normally think the challenges are ridiculous to watch and sometimes fast forward through them, but last night I had to rewind it a couple of times because watching Ed fall down repeatedly when he was trying to get up that wall of fudge was just too damn hilarious.

12. RTVlady

August 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Kjem, I totally understand what you’re saying about the high road… however, it was devilishly satisfying to find out that ER only got a bid because her buddy agreed to it. It really seems like that girl thinks a LOT of herself and it’s beyond annoying. I saw her on Dr. Phil and kind of liked her, but since then (never saw her on her Bach season) she’s been more grating than anything. Annoying personality makes her unattractive.

13. RTVlady

August 7, 2012 at 11:31 AM

BTW, every time I see that gavel necklace she wears, I think it’s a penis.

14. iheartvino

August 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM

@RTVlady, maybe Erica thinks that’s what it is too? LOL

15. moxiemom

August 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Thanks for sharing, Steve. I swear, I thought the only reason ER was back on Bachelor Pad was because her rich parents PAID someone to put her on the show! She would be NOTHING without money, except for a shallow, self-absorbed, loser. You deserve WAY better in the friendship department!!

16. JovisMom

August 7, 2012 at 11:57 AM

@ aatex – She was on the season w\ Prince Lorenzo.
    She was also on a VH1 show called “You’re Cut Off” and I saw her on Dr Phil as well.

17. debora123

August 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Booo, I actually used to like Erica Rose. Thought she was hilarious…

I’d be careful about bashing her so much on these blogs though… This country we live in is extremely sue happy and Erica could possibly try to come after you for defamation of character.

18. BrookeC

August 7, 2012 at 12:08 PM

You are like the most insecure, fat chick EVER, Steve.

Your columns are a riot because you write like you are on the rag every single time. Seriously….man up.

19. SherryfromD

August 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Wow, what a little beyotch! Thanks a lot for getting our spoilers removed. I love how RS totally outed her about the auction and posted a screenshot of her texts. Hilarious and serves her right!! Make sure to make a backup of all the other texts Steve.

20. Hitman206

August 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Are we going to get an analysis on the Snooki-JWow show? I like how Reid is trying to look all hip now with his new look. He’s got no game. Only chance he had was with a clueless intellectual brainchild fan. He could have contacted Jillian after her and Ed broke up. What a joke! He’s worse than the 32 year old virgin. I still don’t know why he(Ryan) was caste in the show. Guess they couldn’t get anyone else to say yes.

21. Dianne

August 7, 2012 at 12:20 PM

@BrookeC – your post is DISGUSTING! Get out of here, and don’t come back.

22. ajhines65

August 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM

That absolutely sucks that Erica the Wilted Rose would turn on a friend like you-I can’t say it is very surprising-but she comes across to me, the “common-fan-whom-she-would-deem-unworthy-to-walk-next-to” (BTW, haha and I couldn’t care less!) as worthless, trashy, and self serving. Good for you for throwing her under the bus-she deserves it-and I would not blame you if you threw her under the bus for several more complimentary “run overs”. 🙂 Keep it up, love your writing style! And BTW, for you folks that are making total fools of yourselves on Bachelor/Pad/ette/….we common people watch for amusement and count your trite sayings such as “journey”, ” connection”, etc… and in general think you are, well, stupid.

23. Hitman206

August 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Steve, why do you look like you’re trying to hold in a fart on your photoshopped pictures on this site?

24. Hitman206

August 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I hope they don’t bring back this show next year. The novelty has worn off. I would rather watch the trash on VH1, Love and Hip Hop Atlanta and Single Ladies.

25. cycy

August 7, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Well, that might explain why Erica took off her comment section on the bachpad blogs. Either that or because she got so many hate comments last time. Everyone’s on the next blog, Michael Stagliano’s, commenting to her there:

26. timrsun

August 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM

It’s funny that Erica Rose’s twitter account is not coming up. When you try to access it you get “Sorry, that page doesn’t exist! Thanks for noticing—we’re going to fix it up and have things back to normal soon.”

27. addicted2rs

August 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Steve, if ABC paid her to entrap you then you have a case against them for that. You will probably never find out if that is what went down. Either way, she is a low-life. You should have better judgement than to trust someone who any 3rd grader can see is not a good person.

28. khaki

August 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM

@addicted2rs, entrapment only occurs when law enforcement leads a person to commit a crime. That really doesn’t fit in this case even if ABC was knowingly leading him to break their agreement.

29. dreamchi

August 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM

hahahahahaha! not surprised that a slimy, dishonest character like steve would choose an equal lowlife like erica rose for a “friend.” he’s probably watched these shows more closely than anyone around. he knew exactly what sort of self centered, scruple-less, dazed (likely drugged) individual she is. & he probably related to her quite well for a while there. hahahahha. the show probably caught on to her communication with steve & threatened to hold her to her contract & so to protect herself she threw him under the bus. haha. karma bro. karma. hilarious for a dude like steve to judge other people’s character, considering his own.

30. cycy

August 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Never mind they just yanked all the comments of the Stag’s blog. People were dissing for Erica and rooting Steve. Just wait till the next blog goes up…

31. cycy

August 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM

As horrible as Erica is, I don’t think she can take any negative comments. Shutting down her twitter and getting blog comments shut down…that girl is in hiding.

32. maxi

August 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Erica still has her twitter up, @ericatherose

33. maxi

August 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Her response about Steve:

34. cycy

August 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I stand corrected. Though between the first episode fan comments and backstabbing Steve she SHOULD be in hiding. 🙂

35. aatex

August 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I’d want a refund on that $300 Steve.

Ewww, she’s just disgusting. I don’t care much for Kalon, but his comments about having Erica for a partner last night were priceless, now.

36. maxi

August 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM

@cycy, lol she should be! But I don’t think she has an ounce of shame in her.

37. kate621

August 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM

You’re a self-important, pathetic grown man who spends his life obsessing over the Bachelor… and ABC pays her bills. Has your delusion gone so far that you think she owes you more than she owes them?

38. iheartvino

August 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Here’s Erica’s response about the whole thing, via Twitter-
    So in response to the whole @realitysteve drama. I was just doing what I needed to do to protect myseld legally. I wish that it did not have to happen because we were friends. It is unfortunate that we couldn’t keep our friendship and him seeking information seperate.

39. pumpkin

August 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM

RS: all these contestants rely on ABC; ABC has them in their pocket. It’s wise of you not to fratinize with people who are servants of your enemy. Be more strategic than that.
    If you want to continue your profession, you have to separate business from pleasure.

40. iheartvino

August 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM

@Maxi, I feel like a moron, I didn’t see your post above with Erica’s response. Sorry!! 🙂

41. Cndgirl

August 7, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Normally I don’t speculate about these kinds of things – but I think Steve’s guess that she had incentive – got paid – might be bang on. I very much remember in the very first episode this season, she was worried that Kalon was going to be there, because she had talked to the tabloids about him (i.e. sold info) – so she obviously responds to that kind of incentive – and I think she even said her and Kalon were friends – or at the very least had known each other for a long time as they were in the same social circle.

Anyone else remember that?

42. maxi

August 7, 2012 at 2:48 PM

@iheartvino, no big deal at all!:) it’s easy to miss a post here and there with so many people posting:)

43. baileygirl

August 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I’m surprised that RS is a) surprised that he was betrayed by such a clearly shallow person and b) feels he has a right to any righteous indignation. He makes a living by posting spoilers for a TV show. He is as shallow and as much of a fame whore as the rest of them. I laughed out loud when I read the diatribe against Erica Rose. It seems that karma finally dished a little out of her own.

44. Athena

August 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM

If she (Erica Rose) did it for money, I’m confused. I remember back to Lorenzo’s season when her whole stchick was that she was really rich and princes-like and therefore the only woman there who would be a good match for Prince Lorenzo. Why would she need cash now?

45. donnab66

August 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Why on earth would you want to even be friends with trash like her lol dont you watch the show!? Lol i was disappointed they didnt have the ugliest girl contest again because she would win the crown again. Looking forward to future postings now that you have learned a lesson ! 🙂

46. steffy

August 7, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Isn’t her dad some big shot plastic surgeon? I thought I read he did Vienna’s nose job. You would think she could get freebie help with her looks and lipo but why endure the pain when she’s so freaking ugly inside. She talks like a monotone robot.

47. strick432

August 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I luv ya Steve – but I can’t believe you EVER trusted that skank Erica Rose. I know you have to be smarter than that. I cannot figure out for the life of me why she gets so much attention. She is not attractive at all, and whines like a baby every time she talks. I’m sorry this happened to you, but at least now you know. She is disgusting and a disgrace to the human race, not just for what she did to you, but for being so damn annoying.

48. Kim

August 7, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Erica’s “protect myself legally” rationale does not make sense. If she were a true friend she would have told Steve ahead of time if there were conversational topics that would create a legal problem for her. Instead, she engaged him in conversation and turned over his text messages, which created legal problems for him. Having trouble believing there are two sides of the story, under the circumstances.

49. kathys

August 7, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Hi Steve and all…..I have never posted but read the blog daily…I am compelled to post because I only pray that RS was not looking for a love relationship with ER…Ok done !! Won’t post again !! Love all of u on this site…

50. steffy

August 7, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Pumpkin you have a point, he has said lesson learned two times now. First time with ABC suing him for trusting the wrong people and now ABC could have sued him again for trusting the wrong people or person who he thought was a friend. Thinking someone like Erica Rose could be a trusted friend goes beyond normal intelligence.