Bachelor Pad 3

“Reader Emails,” “Dr. Reality Steve,” & Who’s Not the “Bachelor”

Back with another live video blog tonight at 9:00PM EST/6:00PM PST. Have to make it a short one (no longer than 30 minutes), because I have to be somewhere later. But I’ll try and get in as many questions as I can in the time I’m on. I’m sure plenty of you will have Jef and Emily questions to ask about. I probably won’t have many answers for you, but hey, it’ll be a blast reading them. Even the crazies. I invite you to join too. I wanna hear all your reasonings and theories on why they are America’s greatest couple even though you only know them through what you see on TV, Twitter, and Instagram. Fascinating stuff. Can’t wait. Of course, we can also talk about the National Enquirer report that says Jennie Garth and Luke Perry are now dating. Brandon is not going to be happy. I just hope David Silver DJ’s their wedding reception. UPDATE: There will be no live video blog tonight. Plans have changed and I can’t make it.

Seems to be a rumor floating around the last couple days that Arie is going to be named the next Bachelor since some random fans were posting on Twitter saying they saw him at Davanti Enoteca restaurant in Scottsdale with a film crew for the “Bachelor.” Well then, it must be true if someone’s reporting it on Twitter. This isn’t news but sorry Arie fans, as I’ve said for the last month, I hate to burst your bubble, but just because he was in a restaurant with a film crew doesn’t mean he’s the next “Bachelor.” He’s not. It’s Roberto’s gig to lose. If he turned down their offer, then they are going to go with Sean. And yes, I’m well aware Roberto took a recent international Costa Rican vacation with Chelsea Meissner from “Survivor: One World.” It’s not like it was being hidden or anything. Could mean they’re an item, or it could just mean he’s a single guy having fun like most of the guys in this franchise. We will see.

Wanted to bring this up since Michael Stagliano decided to take to Twitter last night and publicly call me out. He said, “In respone to @RealitySteve, he has a talent for being inaccurate. I was 100% single before and during the show. Didn’t break up anyone.” I’m assuming Michael wrote that because he was being attacked by Twitter crazies that are upset he’s not with Rachel and has a “new” girlfriend named Emily. I don’t know if Michael has actually read what I wrote recently, but judging by those tweets, it sounds like he didn’t. This is specifically what I wrote in my August 21st column:

“What if I were to tell you that the before filming of “Bachelor Pad” even started, Michael was involved with someone (not from this franchise), and after filming ended, he went back to her and is still involved with her now?”

All of that is 100% true and cannot be disputed. And since the show has ended, he started the relationship back up with her and they are together now. Everyone on the BP cast knows this, and it’s why Michael never says in his tweet that he’s single now, because he isn’t. Michael knew Emily and had spent quite a bit of time with her before BP started filming. Then when I released the BP spoilers last Monday the 20th, I said this:

“Michael was seeing a girl named Emily from Chicago that he met during one of his touring shows before filming started, I guess broke it off right before leaving to film (assuming so he could hook up on the show), then they started back up right when filming was over…Although I do hear it’s pretty serious between Michael and this Emily girl and either she’s gonna move to LA, or he’s moving back to Chicago. But lets face it, the Michael we saw on “Bachelor Pad” was definitely not being 100% honest with Rachel. He knows he had someone else he was more interested in the whole time.”

Go back and read any “Bachelor Pad 2” columns where I specifically said of all the people I’ve talked to in this franchise, not one of them has ever had a bad word to say about Michael. He’s well liked by a lot of them. Well maybe not Erica anymore, but you get my point. This would never be a story if Rachel doesn’t bring up his girlfriend at the finale taping, but once I heard she did, I figured I’d let everyone know what she’s talking about. I guess we’re dealing with semantics when talking about Michael’s relationship status before the show. Was Michael technically “single” before and during the show? Yes, he was. I never said he wasn’t. Was he “dating” Emily? Absolutely. I don’t know what labels these people want to put on it. The whole point was he was definitely involved with her before the show and is now. I think last column I may have said the word “girlfriend,” but only because I didn’t feel like writing “Emily from Chicago, the girl he was seeing before the show.” I clearly stated in the Aug. 21st column Michael was seeing someone before the show, ended it before filming started, then got back together with her once the show was over.

But lets be honest, he knows where his head was at when he started filming. So all this, “I’m definitely here for love this season” was just playing a role. And the fact that he and Emily are together right now pretty much solidifies it. Michael seems like a good guy who went on the show to promote his music career and made a bad mistake by getting involved with Rachel knowing he still had something for Emily. That’s all. I guarantee you if you ask Michael today if he could get a re-do, would he go back and do BP, he’d say “no.” He’s getting a lot of heat on Twitter now, and of course the crazies are already stalking Emily’s twitter account and giving her crap when she’s done nothing wrong. I think Michael got caught up in the hype of this show and it was a way to keep his music career out there, but once he hooked up with Rachel, knowing there was a girl watching at home who he had something for before the show and has since rekindled it and is with now, I think he realizes he probably didn’t handle things the best way he could. Good guy, bad mistake. Moving on.

1. lcs85

August 30, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I guess this is what RS meant when he said its going to be slow here until The Bachelor starts up again.

6 paragraphs on how technically Michael was dating someone before the show, but technically he wasn’t?

2. heliofan

August 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I wish he would tell us why he’s 100% sure Arie won’t be the bachelor if Roberto says “no”.

3. Sunnyside422

August 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Or why he feels Jef and Emily won’t ever marry. Does he feel one or both of them are total fakes? Just a few lines would do. He seems so adamant about it. And IF they do marry, will he send them an RS present? Ahhh Steve give up your reasons.

4. karynr

August 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM

helioifan, are you looking forward to Sept. 24th??!!

I would love to know why RS is so adamant about Arie not having a shot at The Bach! I would think he would draw a lot more viewers than Sean or Roberto. I wouldn’t mind Roberto, since he’s so fine to look at, but if they’re looking for drama and passion, Arie would be the logical choice. Sean is nice, but so bland, they’d have to pray for a house full of lively women to make it halfway interesting.

5. DawsMA

August 30, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I wonder if Fleiss et al would ever choose Arie just to make RS look bad. Probably not worth it but it’s not like Arie would be horrible or anything. I just don’t get why RS is so sure it can’t be Arie. But I’m happy to watch Roberto or Sean too!

6. canpov

August 30, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Just a guess here, but if Arie is made to be the Bachelor, they’ll have to deal with the whole Cassie issue even more since it will look like a ‘who you know’ thing.

I have to say tho, that I always prefer watching a ‘runner-up’ instead of a ‘winner’ as the lead. I know it sounds crazy, but it just feels like the winner already had a chance, and blew it!

7. steffy

August 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM

The over 40 crowd probably wants Sean but Arie would be a perfect bach catch. I hope Fleiss casts Arie and makes Steve eat his words at the same time.

8. Meghan

August 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM

3 seasons of coming to this site, and the comments section has finally sucked me in. Hoping I won’t get crackled.

I too would love to know how RS can be so sure Arie isn’t the next Bachelor. Personally, casting Arie would probably make me more likely to watch–he just has a certain sexy charisma about him. I’m not familiar with Roberto, but Sean is just boring to me. And while I admit he has a nice build, I don’t really find him attractive. I get that people watch for the drama between contestants, but after watching the stone-cold stoic, Ben, all last season, it’d be nice to have a lead that was interesting to watch.

I have to agree with the person who wrote the email about Emily and Jef posting pictures of Ricki. It seems weird to me that Emily would post pictures of her anyway, after all that she said about wanting to keep Ricki out of the media and that lifestyle. I mean, there is an article on wetpaint.com with a picture Emily posted of Ricki at the doctor’s office having a checkup. Am I the only one who finds this a little weird–and even a little disturbing? Maybe Ricki knows her pictures are all over the internet, maybe she doesn’t—I don’t know, but she is too young to know whether she wants her privacy invaded like that. And now using pictures of her as a response to a tabloid cheating scandal…just creeps me out. Maybe it’s just me.

9. heliofan

August 30, 2012 at 7:33 PM

@karnyr….yes I am looking forward to the 24th. Funny thing is only watched one season in the past and the and that was the one Helio won :-)

10. kasey31

August 30, 2012 at 10:21 PM

my god! i couldnt bare to ready anymore dr. reality steve emails after like the 3rd one.. dont these people have friends to ask for advice?

i get that some people want to maintain their privacy or just want an opinion from a third party, but i just cant imagine having these significant events taking place in my life and then thinking, “you know what? let me ask steve.. hes the perfect guy for this!” no offense, steve! ; )

but seriously.. talking about cheating on your spouse or soon to be husband? and steve is the first person you think of emailing? boggles my mind..

11. nobody1

August 31, 2012 at 6:09 AM

@Sunnyside:

If either Emily or Jef are fake, it is absolutely 100% going to be Emily. Jef, the poor delusional kid that he is, probably thinks he’s in a real relationship. I would hope the texts she is sending around raise the necessary red flags.

On the other hand, they both could be fake as hell and simply going through the motions as outlined in their contract from ABC.

Why do I bother posting this? I really don’t give a shit about either one of them.

12. truebachelorfan4ever

August 31, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Sorry Steve, but I really hope you are wrong….Arie would be the best choice for the next bachelor. I had never missed a bachelor/bachelorette season untill they decided to cast boring ashley and even more boring Ben, and was ECSTATIC when Emily was cast, I hope to god they don’t cast Roberto or Sean they would be way to boring to watch, I would love to see Arie, Brad Womack or Ed!

13. lgskelly

August 31, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Long time reader; first time commenter.

Re: Arie maybe/maybe not being the next Bachelor, two comments:

1. I thought the same thing about Fleiss picking Arie just so he can gloat that RS is incorrect; we all know Fleiss, or one of his minions, reads this Blog; and,

2. I agree that the Cassie thing would be an issue again and although Fleiss likes drama on the show, he must have affection for Cassie so as not to put her through the situation again (although the whole Arie/Cassie drama was really a “non issue”).

The Bachelor really isn’t a show that looks to have 2 people find each other and fall in love. It is a show that thrives off the drama surrounding the bachelor/ette and his/her quest for “love.” If Sean is picked to be the Bachelor, he will be just like Ben; Ben was so boring in his season but the show did not lack for drama which is what Fleiss is all about.

14. canpov

August 31, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Would for sure be skipping the 3rd time round for Brad!

15. lgskelly

August 31, 2012 at 10:10 AM

FYI, just to clarify, I like Ben. He is just to dry for my taste. We all know everyone hated Courtney. However, you have to give these 2 credit; after the show was over, they did not do the media tour and you don’t openly see them “parading” themselves around to be noticed. I think, going forward, any Bachelor/ette couple could learn a thing or two from Ben and Courtney on how to conduct themselves after the cameras stop rolling.

16. bstanz

August 31, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Really, truebachelorfan4ever, Arie, Brad Womack or Ed? Brad has already been the bachelor twice and he proved both times that he’s only there for the TV time and paycheck. Ed is just a player who would probably do the same thing bachelor Bob Guiney did, give the ring to the girl he chose without actually proposing. Last I heard was Bob slept with more girls than any other bachelor, he was only there for one reason. Arie, he’s a player from start to finish. I didn’t find him interesting at all, they would have to depend on the girls to make the season interesting if they even considered asking Arie.

I didn’t watch a whole lot of this last season because I didn’t like Emily, never saw her as being genuine even when she was on Brad’s season. I followed what was going on by checking with Reality Steve, and only then did I choose to watch an upcoming episode based on his spoilers.

17. truebachelorfan4ever

August 31, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I know…Brad and Ed are total players, but would be entertaining lol, but Arie on the other hand, I found very sincere in his love for Emily and I do think that if Emily had followed her heart she would have chose Arie as they had such a strong connection, but it seems as though Emily is more concerned with her guys bottom line and I think Jef was a safe choice for her to make and she could see how it went and how well off financially he was, and if it wasn’t enough for her she could use his morman background as the reason it didn’t work, but I think she was truely in love with Arie from the beggining and sadly did not let it play out and see how they were in real life because she knew he did not make enough $$$ to support her lifestyle and Jef was a better bet for the time being.

18. Sunnyside422

August 31, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I think the reason Ben and Courtney were not doing much of a media tour is that no one is interested in these two and the show downplayed them. Ben was too boring and Courtney was disliked too much to have been a positive front for the show.

Jef and Emily seem to be the most popular couple coming out of this franchise thus far so they get all the paps after them and the show promotes them.

19. Athena

August 31, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Sunny, I agree with you that Ben and Courtney aren’t as “popular” as Jef and Emily in some ways, but overall, I don’t think I agree with your statement. Let’s say that Ben’s and Jef’s popularity are probably the same, although we should probably up Ben’s just a bit since he was both a contestant and a lead. And, re: Emily vs Courtney – I liken Emily to “Betty” and Courtney to “Veronica”. Both have plenty of appeal, just to different people and for different reasons. I actually do find it amazing that Ben and Courtney are still together, as neither impressed me with having outstanding communication skills. But hey – what do I know? Only what the people running the show want me to see.

20. kjam

August 31, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Reality Steve is right about Jemily. I know this couple. They are on the skids, totally. On their recent trip to Ghana with People Water, Emily was extremely high-maintenance (big surprise) and Jef couldn’t keep her happy. He’s WAY over his head and totally bought into the Emily delusion. He’s trapped in this reality game and he’s giving it a go, for “honorable” reasons. I wish he’d cut his losses and move on. The faking it is hurting his integrity. Emily is quite okay with throwing in Ricki into the public (or anyone else) to benefit herself. Personally, I can’t see this woman without throwing up a little. FWI, Em, you could smile, wave, say “hi”, hold Jef’s hand, when you’re on stage with him promoting People Water. Might make it look a bit more real…but glad you finally decided that you could make it last night, lol. All your deluded fans were so…lucky?

21. Sunnyside422

August 31, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Perhaps Athena, Ben & Court are together cause if they make it to 2 years, she gets to keep that awful ring he picked out for her. She could always sell it on ebay and some fan would buy it! I never feel sorry for Neil Lang and the costly rings, cause eventually he gets them back anyway!

22. Athena

August 31, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Sunny – If only…:)

23. maxi

August 31, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Well, now that it’s official Arie is out as the next bachelor my interest in the show is sunk…maybe that’s good!:) I was just never a Sean fan.

& kudos to Steve for knowing! I am sure that alone pisses Fleiss off.

24. karynr

September 1, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Damn. I was hoping to watch Arie throw more women up against a wall to kiss them. He was hot and I agree with the person who said he seemed sincere. He seemed like a genuinely nice person.

I know the whole story with Jemily isn’t out there yet, but I agree with the perception that Jef may be in over his head. I changed my mind about Emily during her season and thought maybe she wasn’t as cold and phone as I originally thought, but now I’m starting to wonder if she’s just playing this one big game with everyone, thriving off the media attention, and not caring who she impacts. Her actions and words don’t match up when it comes to her daughter. I guess the questions is, are they both playing the game, or is Jef stuck in some hellish fake relationship with someone playing him? Or, is the media playing everything up, as usual, and they are making an attempt at a true relationship? I guess time will tell!

25. heliofan

September 1, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Karnyr….I’ve met both Arie and his dad a couple of times and both seems very nice. I know Arie Sr.’s edit on the hometown date made it appear that he was cold but I did not get that impression from him at all. Of course just meeting vs knowing them is different but I can tell you that after meeting Danica Patrick in the same avenue she was a total B…so there you go.

26. steffy

September 1, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Who said Arie was out for sure? Steve? ROFLMAO

27. maxi

September 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM

@steffy, arie confirmed he’s not the next bachelor in some interview, basically said he is consentrating on racing.

28. heliofan

September 2, 2012 at 6:35 AM

@ maxi…I saw th.at article this am where he said he’s pulling out of the bachelor franchise right now because he’s trying to get back in a race car.

My son heard a rumor that one of the bigger IndyCar teams is looking at him to replace one of their drivers. I hope it’s true. Would love to see him in the IndyCar series.

29. karynr

September 2, 2012 at 8:11 AM

heliofan, I didn’t get the impression Arie Sr. was cold. In fact, when he told Emily they were talking about her (when they swiched languages) during the hometown date, I got the impression he has a good sense of humor and can be quite charming. I looked up his parents address, because I knew it wasn’t far from me, and they live about 2-3 miles up the street. Maybe I’ll run in to one of them one of these days??!!

Now I’m hoping for Roberto. Sean doesn’t do a thing for me, unless his shirt is off. I sure hope it’s not another boring season. Ben’s turn as the Bach was soooo bad.

I’ve heard that about Danica Patrick.

30. steffy

September 2, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Thanks Maxi, good for Arie, bad for me. I don’t care for Sean or Roberto, but if it comes down to the two of them I vote for Roberto. Sean seems boring.

31. heliofan

September 2, 2012 at 11:09 AM

@kaynr…hope you do get to meet the Luyndyks….that would be cool. Glad you got a good impression on Arie Sr. on the hometown dates. Some people I work with didn’t like Arie’s family and I told them it was the edit.

32. claudia1

September 4, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Please let SEAN be the next Bachelor!!!!!!!!!!!