September 28th, 2012 | 109 Comments | Posted in The Bachelorette 8 - Emily

Since I’ve had to remove the story due to copyright laws, here is a link to the story which takes the most quotes and gives you the best sense of what the story is about. Doesn’t do it complete justice because the story is five pages long, but it gives you a sense of what Kaylee is claiming Jef told her, along with how and why they met up. If you did not see the story in the two hours it was posted here, and you don’t care to read the full story at the grocery store or newsstands, just know that Kaylee did provide US Weekly her cellphone to show a conversation that took place between her and Jef on September 16th after he’d landed in Utah where he said he wanted to meet up with her, and they did at a Utah hotel. Then the next day, she asked if they were going to see each again, and he pretended he hadn’t seen her in two months and blew her off. Go figure.

So here are the emails exchanged between Kaylee Shepherd and I from April 20th (the first day she’d ever emailed me) and May 17th (the last time I ever heard from her).
_________________________________________________________________

Subject: Jef Holm Info
To: Steve@RealitySteve.com
Date: Friday, April 20, 2012, 12:44 PM

Hi Steve,
I dated Jef Holm the last 8 months before he went on the show. I just barely read your blog and saw that he is now in the final four…. I have any info you want on him. Where his parents live, his age, where he graduated from college, stories about him. Let me know if you want any information.

Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 12:36 PM
Subject: Re: Jef Holm Info

Absolutely. Tell me what you can. Are you still friends w him? Or is this all just a promotional tool for People Water that he did the show?

From: Kaylee Shepherd <********@yahoo.com>Subject:
Re: Jef Holm Info
Date: Friday, April 20, 2012, 1:53 PM

He is 27. From St. George, Utah. His parents still have a house there but they currently live in North Carolina where they are mission presidents, so I highly doubt his parents will be at the hometown date. He graduated from Utah Valley University. We left on good terms but he also told me he was going just for fun and he’d call me as soon as he got back…things have obviously changed haha. As far as the People Water thing.. I’m sure that had something to do with him getting on the show. People Water is very successful and it’s still fairly new. ABC loves to get people with interesting careers, successful, etc. So, it works for ABC and it works for People Water.

Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 1:01 PM
Subject: Re: Jef Holm Info

Cool thanks. Yeah, I was told about 3 hours ago that his parents weren’t gonna be on the hometown date. It was just gonna be friends and their spouses and it would be at his parents ranch in St. George. Do you want it known that you’re his ex-girlfriend? Why’d it end? Who broke up with who?

Subject: Re: Jef Holm Info
Date: Friday, April 20, 2012, 2:23 PM

Haha oh yep, I’ve been to the Ranch. It’s called the “Holmstead”. Do you know when the hometown dates are? We never technically broke up. He just said he was going for fun. I’ve been checking your site everyday for weeks to see if I could figure out if he was still there. I was wondering why I hadn’t heard from him yet. I’d rather stay anonymous, but if anyone wants any statements or info I’d be happy to give it.

Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: Jef Holm Info

His hometown date is Sunday. She’s in Chicago right now with Chris. Tuesday will be Arie. Thurs will be Sean. You never broke up? You let your bf go on a dating show? Ha ha….

Subject: Re: Jef Holm Info
Date: Friday, April 20, 2012, 2:33 PM

I know, I know. I sound pathetic haha. But we had been dating for 8 months and he was very convincing that he was not going with the intentions of “falling in love” and I bought it.
________________________________________________________________

Between April 20th & 24th, there was an email sent that didn’t provide any information regarding Jef…

Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 9:01 AM
Subject: Jef

Did you hear anything regarding Jef’s hometown on Sunday, or no?

On Apr 24, 2012, at 1:16 PM, Kaylee Shepherd <********@yahoo.com> wrote:

I haven’t heard anything, but if I do I will for sure let you know. And if I hear from him in the next week or two and know that he got sent home I will let you know.
________________________________________________________________

5 Days Later…

Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: Jef

Any word from Jef? I don’t think he got eliminated.

On Apr 29, 2012, at 9:07 PM, Kaylee Shepherd <********@yahoo.com> wrote:

Nope, nothing yet.. I’ll let you know if I hear anything. Do you know approximately when they will be completely done filming the whole thing?

Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 8:34 PM
Subject: Re: Jef

They’re down to 3 now so I’m guessing they’ll be done in about 2 weeks. Do you think he will absolutely contact you right when he gets back?

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 29, 2012, at 11:16 PM, Kaylee Shepherd <********@yahoo.com> wrote:

I would have said yes up until about a week ago, but now that he’s made it this far I honestly don’t know. If I hear from him I’ll let you know immediately.

Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: Jef

Did you get my email about the guy who rides a skateboard in on the first night? Would Jef do that?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mon, 4/30/12, Kaylee Shepherd <********@yahoo.com> wrote:
To: “Steve”
Date: Monday, April 30, 2012, 1:06 PM

No, I never got that email. That sounds like something he would do, but I couldn’t tell you if that is for sure him who did it.

Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: Jef

K. It said an entrepreneur swoops in on a skateboard. Sounds like it’s probably him then, but I’ll find out for sure.
________________________________________________________________

On Sat, 5/5/12, Kaylee Shepherd <********@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 8:52 PM

Hi Steve,

Just wondering if you’ve heard anything or know if Jef made it through to the final two??

I never responded to this email…

On Sun, 5/6/12, Kaylee Shepherd <********@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: <********@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, May 6, 2012, 1:19 PM

I just called and his phone is turned off. Do you know who the other guy left is? Sean or Arie?

Sent: Sunday, May 6, 2012 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: Jef

None of the 3 guys remaining are home yet, so, I don’t know who’s been eliminated

On Sun, 5/6/12, Kaylee Shepherd wrote:
Date: Sunday, May 6, 2012, 8:48 PM

I’ll try giving Jef a call again tonight and tomorrow and see if his phone comes on and let you know.
________________________________________________________________

Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: Jef

So if Jef ends up winning in the end, what will you do?

On Wed, 5/9/12, Kaylee Shepherd wrote:
Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2012, 3:14 PM

Haha be sad for a minute and then move on. Not much else to do besides that.

Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: Jef

But what about wanting to say something? You are technically still his girlfriend according to what you told me, right? The guy didn’t bother to break up with you before he left and then 6 weeks later he’s engaged? Were you guys just casually dating and hooking up, or you were absolutely, 100% his girlfriend and you guys were exclusive?

On Wed, 5/9/12, Kaylee Shepherd <********@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2012, 3:28 PM

Wait did he win the whole thing?? We WERE exclusive, and no we did not end things before he left. I don’t want anything to do with him at this point though.

Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 2:31 PM
Subject: Re: Jef

I don’t know if he won or not. I’m just asking in case he does win, if you’d want your story out there.

Wed, 5/9/12, Kaylee Shepherd <********@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: <********@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2012, 3:56 PM

To be honest, no I don’t. I’d rather keep my private life private. I’m heart broken and it’s going to be tough to watch, but I don’t think trying to get back at him and telling all his MANY secrets to the world is going to make me feel any better about it all. I don’t want to hurt him or myself. I’ll give you any info I can, and let you know if I hear anything in the next week from him or about him. But I’d rather not have my name in magazines or on websites for getting ditched haha.

Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: Jef

Well, I wouldn’t reveal your name, but if he wins then I think getting it out there is the right thing to do. Shouldn’t Emily know that a guy she’s engaged to, someone she’s trusted enough that he’s convinced her he’s ready to be engaged AND a father, was in a relationship before the show and left a girl high and dry? I’m just saying.

I won’t be the one to run with it, but I’m sure you could tell your story to a magazine.

Wed, 5/9/12, Kaylee Shepherd <********@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2012, 5:04 PM

That is all true. I’ll think about it all. Thanks, Steve.
________________________________________________________________

4 days later…

Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 9:57 PM

I’m hearing that Jef is engaged to Emily

Sun, 5/13/12, Kaylee Shepherd <********@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Sunday, May 13, 2012, 11:45 PM

I tried calling his phone again and it is still off. So.. he must still be with somewhere with her or something??

Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: Jef

All signs are pointing to her and Jef being engaged. I’m still not 100% sure where I would run with it on my site, but, that’s what I’m hearing.

So in this 8 month relationship you had with Jef, you do have proof of it, correct? Like texts, emails, pictures, etc? And what is Jef’s religious stance? I’ve heard he did serve his two year Mormon mission, but that he’s no longer a practicing Mormon. Any of that true?

Mon, 5/14/12, Kaylee Shepherd <********@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Monday, May 14, 2012, 2:31 PM

Yes, he served a mission but that was six years ago and he isn’t an active Mormon anymore. That’s all true. Yes, I have those things but I really have no desire to make any of that public. That was never my intention when I emailed you. I was just angry and sad and thought I’d give you any info I could. I’m not interested in money or 15 minutes of fame so there is really no point in me sharing any of that. Thanks for keeping me updated on everything! I really do appreciate it!

Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: Jef

Kaylee I know you’re nervous about having your name out there and coming forward, but it’s looking more and more like Jef is engaged to Emily. Something needs to be said. You can’t let a woman who just spent 8 weeks of her life trying to find not only a husband, but a father for her daughter, believe that he’s legitimately there for her. You told me he told you that he was just going on the show for fun and wasn’t going to fall in love and wanted to promote People Water. Is that really someone you think should get off scot free? I know you’re embarrassed and hurt, but if your relationship is truly what you say it was before he left, I can’t imagine anyone in the world who’d want to sit back and let this happen. That doesn’t make any sense to me. It makes me begin to question how serious you guys were. I’m not saying that you need to come out publicly and ask for him back, but he needs to be called out for leaving someone sitting at home thinking they were his girlfriend and now 2 months later he’s engaged to someone else and he hasn’t bothered to contact you since he got back? Somethings not right. You emailed me for a reason. If you didn’t want people to know, you would’ve kept quiet and never emailed me.

Thu, 5/17/12, Kaylee Shepherd <********@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 1:46 PM

I was informed earlier this week that Jef was also seeing one of his employees and another woman (and who honestly knows how many more, we only lived in the same area for part of our relationship so he had every opportunity to see as many girls as he wanted). So I too have been forced to question how serious our relationship ever was. Who knows, maybe one of those other girls are already telling their story to some other tabloid. The ONLY reason I emailed you was because I was upset and to tell you a little bit more about him for your site. It was never to get revenge, get money, get fame, or get ahead in anyway. You can question my legitimacy. I’m honestly beginning to be sorry I ever emailed at all. I promise I am still considering everything but I want to come to a decision on my own. I don’t want you to think I’m being rude, I really have appreciated you keeping me informed! Good luck with your site and the rest of the season! Thanks, Steve!

I never heard from Kaylee again after this email.

109 thoughts on “The Full US Weekly Story (Retracted), My Emails with Kaylee, & Questions On My Mind

1. I don’t think it was a dream sequence. It shows “three months earlier” after that scene.

Wetpaint has the best Revenge coverage out of all the sites that cover the show, that’s how I knew months ago that Takeda was going to be played by another actor. I love their weekly recaps, and the fact that they give little tidbits of what’s to come without giving away any major spoilers.

2. @Randais yeah your probably right but I’ll be sure to catch back up tonight. Best show ever!!! I had a feeling “Vic” would be fine, show wouldn’t be the same without her. :O)

3. Steve really should start a page for Revenge. Imagine all those “clicks & $$$$”!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. @iheart – I did see that, now that you mention it, guess it didn’t register. So the sunken boat is what we are leading up to right? The rest is backtracking, just like last year, guess that makes sense.

I agree, colon, no Vicky would be tragic.Still curious how they will address the rest of the passengers on the plane, especially “the mistress turned traitor”..that should be interesting.

5. yea, i read an interview with mike kelley where he said that every season he is going to follow the same format as the first.. start off with an event, then lead up to what actually happens throughout the season and return back to that event.. so im sure that the amanda does end up at the bottom of the ocean, but im also sure it isnt jack who is down there with it..

the whm is an interesting storyline.. im still not ruling out that he is in contact with david clarke.. there have been many times the whm could have spilled emily’s real identity and hasnt, so i know theres more to his story..

im also excited to see that they casted emily’s mom! jennifer jason leigh.. i know mike kelley was saying that was going to be his primary focus during the break.. to find the perfect fit to play the part.. he wanted someone as diverse as madeline stowe, and im sure she will bring a lot to the table, shes a great actress.. he also said that emily is going to learn that her mother did have some type of mental illness (although it seems vic kept her locked up longer than she needed to be?) he said hes also going to delve into emily’s struggles with finding out about her mom and her illness, and as she learns more about herself, she’ll also find out whether or not she might have inherited some of her mom’s disease..

and yea, aiden is the character’s name youre referring to, randais.. not sure exactly what his role will be, but it will be significant this season.. i wonder what plan takeda has for him in regards to emily bc we did see aiden take off after her, following takeda’s orders..

one thing is for sure, this season is gonna be good!

6. sorry for the novel, why does it not look this long when im typing?? haha..

one more thing, my initial thought is that lydia doesnt survive the plane crash and vic exits last minute.. but, if they are truly building a case against conrad, maybe she is also in hiding? i just dont see the trial happening for some reason.. i think other things will come up, and the story will take a whole new direction.. but we shall see!

7. Thanks @iheart for the Wetpaint tips. So now that we know all the twists from season 1, there’s no way they will kill off Jack in the sunken Amanda. Although the person is a married male & wearing Jack’s shirt, think it will be one of the new characters such as Em’s new love interest or Daniel’s half brother (spoilers released by abc themselves, clever) similar to killing off Daniel’s friend (his name escapes me), in season 1, who was not one of the main characters and not well liked. Read also there will be a wedding this season, hmmmm, so maybe the groom is the guy in Jack’s sunken boat. Or, maybe Jack sell’s his boat as Nolan asked him in episode 1 if he’s still selling it. I have to re-watch the episodes to catch all the juicy clues.
    Great show, great writing!

8. @debb0- tyler! and i agree, it will probably be a new character that they bring on this season, but one who has a major role while hes on, just like tyler did..

i didnt think of that.. maybe nolan does buy it to help jack out with his bar.. in that case, i would think emily is the reason it is at the bottom of the ocean..

9. And right on cue, exit white haired villain and enter real Mandys new hero (Nolan’s not going to like that).