The Bachelor 17 - Sean

Arie & Courtney Kissing, Jef & Emily Keeping Quiet, & Getting to Relive One of My Great 8th Grade Moments

I can’t stress this enough. If you don’t follow me on Twitter, you probably should create an account and do so. This past Friday was a HUGE breaking news day with “Bachelor”-related information, and it was all done on Twitter. I know plenty of you think I’m wordy, which I can be, and that’s why Twitter is so useful at times. Instead of writing a column, I can give out spoilers in 140 characters. Friday was a perfect example. So follow me at @RealitySteve and basically you will get 3 things: spoilers, a heads up to when my column is posted, and the occasional sports take while I’m watching a game. Haven’t done that in a while, but I could have a field day with these MLB playoffs. Only problem is, I know most of my followers on Twitter are women wanting to hear “Bachelor/ette” stuff. And inevitably when I tweet something about sports, I get an endless amount of responses from people telling me to stick to the Bachelor info, which is asinine in and of itself. It’s MY Twitter account yet I’m only allowed to talk about what YOU want me to talk about. Uhhh, ok. Makes perfect sense. You don’t like it, don’t follow. No one’s holding a gun to your head to follow me or listen to a word I say. Whatever the case, follow me on Twitter if you want to be kept in the loop on any information that I don’t have time to write a column for.

Even this morning, before this column was up, I tweeted out a picture of Jef’s Facebook status that he changed about 2 hours ago:

Ok Jemily fans, go ahead and spin this one. Let me guess? His hand accidentally slipped on the keyboard and he clicked the wrong button? Or better yet, “He was hacked!” Lovely. Even though since I told you about the break up last week, neither Jef nor Emily have tweeted one word to/about each other, have tweeted zero pictures of themselves together, and each of them this past weekend each took the other person out of their default picture on Twitter. Emily’s picture is now her and Ricki, and Jef’s is of him alone. But you still think they’re soulmates and are supposed to be together for the next 50 years? This isn’t even a Jef and Emily thing anymore. It’s more about the Jemily diehards. Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? I don’t get why people can’t accept the fact that two people from this franchise broke up, just like 21 of the 24 couples before them have? I guess it’s something I’ll never understand. What made Jef and Emily above everyone else and couldn’t possibly break up? Nothing.

With that said, the fact that Jef changed his status this morning after all the tabloids have gone to press, and the fact that even “People” magazine (the ones who Jef and Emily ran to to deny the sexting story, and the magazine that is always granted exclusivity on the first Bachelor interview and the breakups) printed a story this weekend suggesting Jef and Emily MIGHT be broken up, pretty much leads me to believe that “People” knows about the breakup, their story this weekend was to set their readers up for what’s coming, and I expect when the magazines hit the stands tomorrow, we’ll see that they have the “official” breakup announcement, like they have had with many of the past contestants. Just a guess, but, “People” magazine wouldn’t dare run a single “negative” story about these two suggesting a possible break up if they didn’t have the “official” breakup story. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow. Needless to say, it’s old news. They broke up last weekend and their actions every day since then have confirmed it. Nothing “People” comes forward with (whenever they do) will be anything newsworthy considering this happened over a week ago.

Who are Nick Vinci and Francesca Riggione? They are students at Rancho Santa Margarita High School in Southern California that made some news in the “Bachelor/ette” world yesterday. How? From what I can gather, Francesca is a huge “Bachelor/ette” fan, in particular, a fan of Jef Holm. And obviously her friend Nick (I don’t know if he’s her boyfriend or not so I don’t want to assume things) knew about this, contacted Jef, and asked for a little help in asking Francesca to Homecoming. This is how it all transpired yesterday in the classroom with Nick asking Francesca to the dance:

Wow. Pretty cool. That’s now the second greatest thing to happen to Santa Margarita High School in the last 25 years. You know what the first one was? Back in 1989, an 8th grade basketball team led by yours truly, winning the P.A.L. basketball championship in Santa Margarita’s gym against a team led by former UCLA star, Charles O’Bannon. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn right. We punked them for the third time that season to win it all. Lets just say my jumper was on point that night. Scoreboard, Charles. No one will ever remember you went on to be a starter on the 1995 national championship team at UCLA. Nope. They’ll all remember that fateful February night at Santa Margarita High School where the skinny 6’2″ shooting guard went off and led his team to the title, and then 23 years later is sitting behind his computer, still 6’2″ (yes, I haven’t grown since 8th grade), and writing about reality TV for a living. Yep. Just the way I planned it.

1. rollingeyes

October 16, 2012 at 11:19 AM

All of those emails came from the same person? Oh my. I actually feel sorry for them. They seem a little obsessed, and with too much time on their hands. I don’t even email people I KNOW that often in one week, let alone a stranger with a blog, who doesn’t respond. I think someone needs a friend. And I’m not trying to be mean about it, because I really do feel bad for this person. There is something wrong there.

2. Dianne

October 16, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Yikes! Those e-mails are scarry stuff, holy! This person needs desperately to get a life, and in a big way. If I was Steve, I’d block that person for a while, just so they can calm down and get their act together.

So cool Sean was in Banff..it’s beautiful! I believe Jillian and her guys were also in Banff during her season.

3. lisa e

October 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I am quite sure that Jef’s hipster buddies have been doing the “We told him so!” dance.. but not to his face, of course.

What was this soft-spoken kind gullible guy going to do with the Dolly Parton wannabe? (her “IDOL” remember? She has said so too many times! Yikes! HUGE Red Flag!) Of course, he went with it – he is a Proud Leo; any other Leos reading this will nod with understanding. His pride kept him in the game (*we will prove them all wrong!*) and his business sense knew that he could create a soft landing for all.
    He’ll come out smelling like a rose in all this (cough*cough* pun intended), but Emily, Mommy-Barbie, will be put under completely now. Who would hire her for anything? No more freebies or flights for the greedy cheating sexter.
    Brad Womack is now reminding all that he did say publicly “I dodged a bullet.”
    Ben Flajnik said the same thing a few days ago, too…

4. lucky

October 16, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Funny column Steve. That emailer … clearly the cuckoo escaped from the clock.

5. Dianne

October 16, 2012 at 11:42 AM

@lisa. I hope she is put under after all of this. Brad saw the light a lot sooner than Jef, and got away from Barbie. It took Jef a little longer, but once he saw what she was all about, he hit the road. She’s all about “Emily”, and nobody else, and unfortunately, that means her daughter also. Poor kid.

6. hotchacha

October 16, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Head’s up: you DO NOT have to create a twitter account and follow RS to see his tweets. You can go to twitter.com slash whoever and see tweets. The more followers a person has, the more money they get for advertisers on their blog as its usually connected thru clicks from twitter links to the blog post. So, anyway, just wanted to give people the option of not having to sign up for a social media but still getting the goods.

7. cindy01

October 16, 2012 at 12:31 PM

It’s scary to think that someone would write emails like that. I agree with rollingeyes that I feel kinda sorry for this person. They definitely need to get a life…so sad.

As for Courtney and Arie…in my opinion I don’t think what they did holds a candle to Emily sexting to another guy while at Jef’s parents summer home. What Emily did to me is far more worse…at least Ben and Courtney had already ended their engagement before Arie and her were seen out with each other. But like RS said in his blog who knows if they had been talking way before the date. That’s something we may never know but the fact is they are both single now.

To be honest I never thought Jef would stay with Emily as long as he did. Hopefully Emily has learned something from all this or she’s going to live a very lonely life.

8. lucky

October 16, 2012 at 12:33 PM

hotcha – why do you care about followers and potential advertising money? Steve’s site is free and twitter is free. Not costing you anything.

9. hotchacha

October 16, 2012 at 12:54 PM

@lucky – I care only so much as to let people know that you don’t have to become a follower on Twitter to read tweets. And I explained a little bit behind the pleading for followers. There’s a reason why celebrities & bloggers want as many twitter followers as possible. And now I’m done with my public service announcement. 🙂

10. D-Runner

October 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I can’t imagine anyone is that much of a nut job! Those e-mails must be a joke… they’re hilarious!!

11. berkleighrogers

October 16, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Reality steve- you maybe the funniest blogger out there. I find myself shamelessly laughing out loud all the time reading your entries. You tell it like it is and thats something to respect. Absolutely love your thoughts on Arie, the “buffoon”. hahaha! The guys a phony. Glad someone agrees. I look forward to more blog posts.

12. tarasky

October 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Regarding Emily and Jef, It kind of seems like Emily’s brother was onto something when he told Jef on the hometown date that noone has been able to live up to Ricky (her deceased boyfriend). If you look at pics of her with Ricky she looks completely different than with Jef. She always had her face right next to his in the pics. Poor Jef, she is really looking like a phony.

13. Lillith

October 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Jef’s Facebook profile still says engaged to Emily. Hmmmmm

14. heliofan

October 16, 2012 at 6:05 PM

steve just posted to his facebook page the link to the people mag. article confirming jef and emily break-up.

15. Stacy

October 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I’ve probably seen one season of the Bachelor/ette combined; many years ago. I’m here because I remember Steve from his “glory” days as a 6’2″ skinny basketball player in the 8th grade. He was also class president and funny indeed. So, I’m not surprised (although he may be) to see him writing about reality TV. . . or his success.

I find it comical, however, that some readers and Steve himself are surprised/critical by the above email chain. While most people wouldn’t continue to write without a response (it is a blog afterall), isn’t Steve and everyone on here obsessed with the same show, the same riduculous TV “characters” and the need to know “breaking news” about the Bachelore/ette?? I didn’t even know there could be breaking news about reality TV.

On another note, elections are coming up. . . I’m guessing most RS followers know more Bachelor characters than political characters. Actually, Steve, I thought you’d be in government by now and not writing a blog about reality TV!! Good job; I’m not heckling. I think it’s interesting and funny and obviously successful! I’m not surprised by your success, just the way you came about it 🙂 Stacy T.

16. rococo

October 17, 2012 at 1:51 AM

are you all nuts!? especially steve, who acts like he is the rational voice in all this and doesn’t get all worked up over break ups etc.
    I don’t really like Courtney particularly but what does she or this guy “owe” to BEN?! Nothing!
    Courtney is single and so is Arie. He got that much right.
    when you’ve been dumped or split up you do not owe ANYTHING to the person you were with before.
    Talking about Courtney hooking up with Arie, as though Arie is her sister’s husband? Are you all nuts. This is not the crime of the century, or even the crime of the day. They’ve done nothing wrong.
    p.s. plenty of women when hurt hook up with people after a break up. it doesn’t mean her heart isn’t heavy or that she’s insincere. none of you all has the monopoly on human emotion. get with it.

17. rachett

October 17, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Steve I definitely believe you about Emily and Jef breaking up, however I don’t think that is his correct facebook account. There is another with a lower case ‘h’ that I believe to be his genuine one, because it links in with his twitter and instagram. Could be wrong though.

18. kbntn

October 17, 2012 at 5:37 AM

@poetrybachelor is a bit off her tattle tail rocker. Wow.

19. cindy01

October 17, 2012 at 5:43 AM

@rococo…I agree with you 100%!! Finally someone talking some sense. My Lord everyone acts as though Courtney and Arie went out and committed murder or something. Like I said in my earlier comment I think Emily sexting was WAY more worse.
    Don’t get me wrong I never really cared for Courtney but wow give the girl a break already…she’s single now, it’s her life. Oh and by the way I never liked Ben at all so I’m surprised these two made it as long as they did. I

20. randais

October 17, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Dear RS, as I’ve mentioned previously, the VERY LAST thing I want/need in my life is constant twittering from twits about nothing. NOTHING is that important that I can’t wait and read about it later. Useless and a complete waste of time, in my opinion.

Could someone please enlighten me, I’m not from that area, the high school girls in that video are all wearing shorts, long sleeved shirts and calf socks…..what’s up with that?

21. writepaige

October 17, 2012 at 8:45 AM

TA-DAH! Here’s is TMZ’s sister site, TooFab, reporting Jef and Emily’s breakup as official!

Steve, you are vindicated! (But you knew that already.)

22. carol

October 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM

If you are the kind of person that likes to do the right thing in life (ie., you live by the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”), I would say you would “owe” your ex-fiance some respect and common courtesy. But if you are the kind of person that doesn’t care about anyone’s feelings – you are self-centered and your world revolves around you – sure, go ahead and run over anyone you want.

I think that is the difference between those who think that Courtney and Arie may have done wrong versus those who think they did not.

23. absolem

October 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM

First off, that obsessive emailer is pretty scary. Watch out, Steve, she may pull a stunt like Bam Margera’s stalker. You don’t have a tree house, do you? Hahahaha! It was hard enough to read the insanity in every sentence of that email, but the obscene number of unnecessary commas almost made me lose it. Did anyone else notice HOW MANY commas that person used?! My God, it was annoying. That’s comma abuse! Respect the comma, people. 🙂

@lisa e, do you actually know anything at all about Dolly Parton besides how she looks?!?! I’m going to go ahead & guess the answer to that is ‘no’ because if you knew anything you would know she’s a whole, whole lot more than blonde wigs & big tits. She is an amazing, gifted philanthropist who started out life dirt floor poor. She went from below poverty to being one of the best selling artists of all time. She plays 10 instruments. She has written over 3,000 songs including many, many hit songs. She has been nominated for awards for her acting ability. She also does so many things for her community. She basically single-handedly revived the economy of her hometown in east TN. She also founded a program called “The Imagination Library” where EVERY child born in the state of TN receives a book appropriate for their particular age in the mail every single month of their lives until they turn 5 years old. Any child born in TN can enroll- regardless of income level, etc. Dolly is spreading this program across the country every year. (Hey Moms, check out the Imagination Library site to see if they have it in your area yet. You get AWESOME free books every month- 1 for each of your children!) Amazing, right? She is a woman to be admired, respected, & emulated. What MORE could this woman possibly do with her life that you would think makes her worthy of being an idol?! Sorry to go on a rant, but this woman deserves respect- especially from other women!

24. bigfatwoman

October 17, 2012 at 12:41 PM

@absolem—too long to read.

@carol — word. Agree.

@RealitySteve—too many emails to read and who cares?

25. maxi

October 17, 2012 at 12:54 PM

@Carol, wonderfully said.

26. absolem

October 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM

@bigfatwoman, you’re too bitter for me to give a shit what you have to say. Life’s short. Be happy.

27. kbntn

October 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM

@Carol – was kind of long to read, but glad I did!!! … agree!

@absolem – agree!

28. bigfatwoman

October 17, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Damn. Here I thought I was pretty happy. Note to self: re-evaluate happiness.

29. kbntn

October 17, 2012 at 2:33 PM

What happened to poetrybachelor comments??? Her twitter account is “suspended” too. She truly was a crazy one – wonder what happened?!

30. reddla

October 17, 2012 at 3:19 PM

lol@bigfatwoman.

31. shouldbeworking

October 17, 2012 at 5:03 PM

@bigfatwoman – I enjoy reading your posts way more than Steve’s columns ! Hehe

32. anythingwewant

October 17, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I see Emily’s over on twitter exploiting Ricki again to counter, Jef’s baby picture posted.

33. Athena

October 17, 2012 at 5:41 PM

carol – It’s really that my world isn’t the perfect good/bad right/wrong black/white place you live in. Mine has lots more grays and a paucity of righteousness of the kind you’re espousing.

absolem – Couldn’t agree more about Dolly Parton. She’s an amazing woman professionally and from a friend who has worked behind the scenes with her (9 to 5), she’s incredibly gracious too.

34. absolem

October 17, 2012 at 6:13 PM

@Athena, I’ve heard the same about Dolly Parton (that she’s very kind & humble) in real life. That’s refreshing in a world full of pampered & self-centered “celebrities”- most of whom have accomplished far less than Dolly.

@bigfatwoman, I’ve never seen a happy person be so bitter & abrasive. Almost every single one of your posts is full of negativity. Just an observation.

35. slobby

October 17, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Helping you out here Steve. The phrase is “all of a sudden,” not “all the sudden.”. Sorry, pet peeve. Great info otherwise.

36. kasey31

October 17, 2012 at 9:51 PM

@absolem- totally agree with everything u said.. literally, everything ; )

@slobby- i cringe when i see or hear ppl say that, too! i thought it was just me.. glad to know im not the only one with silly pet peeves..

37. kasey31

October 17, 2012 at 9:54 PM

@absolem- u had me cracking up with the comma comment.. “respect the commas, people” hahaha.. those emails were hard to read.. i kept pausing everytime there was a comma, and it was driving me crazy!!

ps.. good blog, steve!

38. poetrybachelor

October 17, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Did you guys see that RS revealed his Jem breakup sources??? Aimee and Allyson from California

39. chandlermae

October 17, 2012 at 10:05 PM

This has got to be the most selfish, ignorant, and disrespectful blog I have ever come across. Get your head out of the clouds and realize you are no better than anyone else. Just because you report on “reality tv”? WOW! You sure are a winner in my eyes!

40. rococo

October 18, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Why does anyone think it is more or less dignified to hide away/ go out after you end an engagement? Ben cares about Courtney so much? If he did he’d be engaged, or married, to her.
    People who leave you don’t care no matter how they say they learned a lot about life with you and will always care for you. They’re throwing you out to the dogs. You’re not their concern anymore. It’s lip service to pretend otherwise. He doesn’t want to be with her and she owes him nothing, period. She’s nearly 30 years old, by the way, and it’s smarter for her to get back out there and try to at least enjoy her life than it is for her to feel a false sense of obligation to a man who has left her.
    As I said previously, I don’t particularly care for her and in fact, I think the men Courtney attracts are pretty dumb. But who cares? She’s just living her life.
    I agree with Cindy about Emily’s behavior. An engagement is second to marriage in seriousness and it is extremely irresponsible and callous to say the least to cheat on your s.o. in this situation. I think Emily has a sense of entitlement to constant adoration, and maybe she and Jef were at some bump in the road at the time so she lost “patience.” What makes it most annoying is she speaks so highly of herself as an honest person who wouldn’t even keep someone around who she didn’t like, all she wants to do is be with somebody forever, etc. Being with somebody forever means the good and bad. She is an adult but seems like she doesn’t take anything seriously in terms of the commitments she makes to other men. I’m sorry but if you loved either Jef OR Brad that much, you would not be alone. It is safe to say she is the problem in her relationships but seems quite stubborn and unwilling to even realize her faults.

41. poetrybachelor

October 18, 2012 at 12:18 AM

RS is a snitch

42. bigfatwoman

October 18, 2012 at 5:46 AM

@absolute

I don’t think my posts are bitter or negative aside from comments about Steve.

My only comment to you was that your post was too long and I didn’t read it.

And for this you start in on me?

Lighten up girl. Be happy. I think you have sandpapers in your underpants.

43. randais

October 18, 2012 at 5:57 AM

Bahahhahha ok that one got me …. “sandpapers in your underpants”. Might have to borrow that one.

44. karynr

October 18, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Carol, I have to agree with the people that don’t see everything as so black and white. Life has a lot of gray areas, especially when it comes to relationships. I’m a big believer in the saying “there are three sides to every story, his, hers and the truth. I have always tried to do the right thing, and my son has accused me of being a “goody two-shoes” many times when trying to teach him right from wrong.

In the case of Courtney, Ben and Arie, I’ve read a few articles where it’s been stated Ben checked out of the relationship a long time ago, they had little contact and she tried, but he didn’t want it. In a case like this, did she owe him some time to heal? Heal from what, a relationship he clearly didn’t want? That’s why I feel it was not such a big deal. Plus, RS hates Arie and I think that colors his views on the subject. I am far from being a Courtney fan, in fact I can’t stand her, but I do have to say, I don’t believe she owed Ben anything. If he was, and this is based solely on what I’ve read, such a jerk to her, why would she owe him anything?

45. Sunnyside422

October 18, 2012 at 6:58 AM

One more take on Ems and Jef.

Could be she was bummed that he was waay more popular than her and couldn’t handle loosing her Princess status. At each event or photo op, there was Jef smiling and happy looking with adoring fans. She had always been the stunning one with all the attention and now this laid back, fun loving guy steps on her “fame”.

Me thinks that Ricki’s daddy passed away 8 years ago and no man has declared his intention to marry Emily and actually gone through with it, that the problem lies with Ems! Or Jef just realized that fake boobs and a woman engaging in plastic surgery by age 26 was not attractive after all! Big hint would have been for him to take a close look at her mom, Suzie.

Since Emily has little or no substance (her interest seems to be in nail salons and various types of make up), could be HE was bored with HER. Regardless, Jef will be the one with more positive attention.

46. Dianne

October 18, 2012 at 7:14 AM

@Sunnyside, you just hit the nail on the head! I couldn’t agree with you more about Emily. She’s all about “me”!
    @BFW – chill honey, chill! You are coming across as EXTREMELY bitter. Calm down. If someone (aka absolute), wants to post something long, then fine, that’s their perogative. If you don’t want to read it, don’t! Maybe some of us do want to read. Who gives a flip if you read it or not? Seriously!
    @poetrybachelor – you, my dear, are a total whack job, and this is the reason why Steve keeps deleting your comments. Try growing up a notch..wow!

47. Dianne

October 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM

@poetrybachelor, WHO CARES!!??

48. heliofan

October 18, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Poetrybachelor….aren’t you doing the same thing as RS by posting the names on here?

49. rollingeyes

October 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM

@poetrybachelor – I agree, you are a crazy whack-job. Although, I think I used a stronger word (crazy bitch) on your twitter before it got suspended. Even if Steve divulged his sources for the break-up info this time, it doesn’t mean anything. That was one time info on an even that was over and done with. No big spoilers there. I’m pretty sure RS can still be trusted not to reveal his sources for spoilers pertaining to the current season of the show. He wouldn’t do that because it would be shooting himself in the foot.

My guess is that you are some kind of bitter crazy person, jealous of something, I don’t know what. YOU’RE information was wrong wrong wrong. Maybe thats it. Weren’t you the one who said you knew for a fact the “break-up” was all a hoax to make RS look bad? Now who looks bad. You freak. Go away. You aren;t wanted here.

50. rollingeyes