Daily Links

Daily Links 11/27

A few of you have emailed recently talking about JP’s upcoming season saying you think it’ll suck, no one will watch, the ratings will blow, and this’ll be the last season. Let me just say that as much as a joke this season will be, doesn’t mean no one will watch. Plus, don’t underestimate the Latino audience this season. Look, the core audience that watches this show every season no matter who the lead is will still come back and watch. They aren’t going anywhere. But what’s gonna help this season is the Latino audience. I mean, I could be wrong, but I don’t think Latinos were all that excited about white Sean, white Ben, and all the other white leads this show has had in every previous season. I’m sure there was some Latin viewership, but probably quite minimal. Don’t think there won’t be an increase this season with Juan Pablo as the lead. It’s inevitable. Just go on the “Bachelor” Facebook page and read the comments that people write under the promotion for this season. There’s thousands of them, so I don’t expect you to read all, but you can see all the varying opinions on JP. You’ll get a good laugh. Also shows how clueless some people are when it comes to this show. You know, comments like, “OMG!!!! He’s so hot!!!! I HAVE to apply!!!!” Idiots.

And of course, be sure to check out this season’s episode-by-episode spoilers.

Daily Links

-Yesterday, Gawker.com decided to pick up the story of who SnapChat founder Evan Spiegel’s girlfriend is, which we know to be current “Bachelor” suitor Lucy Aragon. And props to them for linking to this site. Hey, maybe my little speech worked. Then again as far as I know, Gawker has probably never talked about the “Bachelor” franchise ever, so it’s not like they were an offender.

According to WetPaint, looks like Sean’s bachelor party will be next weekend in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, while Catherine’s is in Miami, but neither will be filmed. Probably a good idea. With 2 hours of a live show to produce for the wedding, do you really want a bunch of pre-packaged pieces? Also, Sean confirmed what was pretty much a given that his dad will be the minister at his wedding. At least it’ll be better than Chris Harrison.

-Well that didn’t take long. Francesa Eastwood already looking to get an annulment after her quickie wedding in Vegas to Jonah Hill’s brother. How many late night, spur-of-the-moment, seat-of-your-pants weddings in Vegas end up in divorces or annulments? All of them? 95%? I need to know statistics like this.

-Not that we should be surprised by this, but Courtney Stodden and Doug Hutchison didn’t sign a pre-nup. And how could they really? Courtney’s already admitted to us she doesn’t read or write. He could’ve scratched out a pre-nup on lined notebook paper that said “Banana couches like cars who eat paper shoes” and told her it a pre-nup and she wouldn’t have known the difference. She’s a bright one.

-For all those that wonder if the “Bachelor” franchise is on its last legs, or their losing audience and losing money, look no further than creator Mike Fleiss selling his home to skateboarder Shaun White for $8.9 million. And he’s worried about me and what I do? I’ll never understand that one.

-Someone decided it’d be a brilliant idea to hand Miranda Kerr a bra that’s barely a bra, and say “Here, wear this so we can take a picture.” That someone should be given some sort of Lifetime Achievment Award if you ask me.

-Carrie Underwood says she’s getting hate tweets for being the lead in the “Sound of Music” live musical NBC is airing next month. Carrie, let me tell you something. You’d be getting hate tweets if you built an orphanage in a third world country, donated $10 million to charities, save children from a burning building, and fostered 100 puppies. You can’t win. Nobody can.

-Last night on the “Biggest Loser,” trainer Bob Harper came out as gay. Wow. NEVER saw that one coming. Really? Bob? No way!

-The Pitbull/Ke$ha collaboration finally has a video. I will admit something maybe I shouldn’t. I watch Ke$ha’s show on MTV and it’s surprisingly good. There. I said it. Enjoy “Timber” and try getting it out of your head now for the rest of the day:

-This one pretty much made a bunch of females squeal today. Taylor Swift and Prince William performing with Jon Bon Jovi singing “Livin’ on a Prayer.” How long before a tabloid report that Prince William is cheating on Kate with T-Swizzle? 24 or 48 hrs?

-Is Kaley Cuoco trying to set a world record or something? First she gets dumped by Superman, then immediately moves on to a new dude, who she gets engaged to immediately, and now has set her wedding date for New Year’s Eve. If I didn’t know any better, I would think her and Jennifer Love Hewitt had some sort of bet going. Speaking of which…

-…Jennifer is going to win that bet. Not only did she pop out her kid yesterday, daugther Autumn James, she apparently went and gone got hurself some kinda married before she gave birth, unbeknownst to pretty much everyone. Oh boy. Maybe it’s time that I move on.

-Keith Urban cut his hair yesterday. I guess he was going for the butch lesbian look. What the hell? Not sure if my man crush on the Urb can continue now.

-This is a few weeks old, but ran across it again yesterday. Anytime I can post a story about true love, well, you know I’d never pass on an opportunity like that. I love Kyle’s game here in this love letter. Wish I had the balls to do that. Wait your turn Kyle. Just let Ashley finish up with her dude she’s with now, and you’ll be next. Patience my good friend.

Happy Thanksgiving. Talk to you Monday.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you Monday.

1. angel

November 27, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I really want to be wrong, because I don’t think JP is the best bachelor, he is obviously there for the wrong reasons… but I think this season will be very successful. I think it will break records and make “Juan Pablo Galavis TM” very famous, and the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise much stronger.

November 28, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Angel… I’m not judging, but meth can really cloud your judgement. Just say no!

3. angel

November 29, 2013 at 1:25 PM

rob22, you’re funny! I hope to see a train wreck, really!
    But it is just a feeling I have, people are just way too excited and hysteric about JP out there, from the general public, through bachelornation… to big Hollywood people, including Perez Hilton talking good about JP. It’s kinda scary.

4. bigfatwoman2

November 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Angel, I think you’re right. I think it’s going to be an “it’s so bad it’s good” kinda season.

5. bigfatwoman2

December 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Anyone else watching this story about the in-flight twitter feud that Bachelor producer Elan Gale had with a fellow “passenger” named Diane?

Stevie and many others have fallen for this hoax of a story. Elan wins with thousands more twitter followers as a result. The guy is such a douche…….

6. angel

December 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Elan is an opportunist and knows how to produce a story. For all we know this is a made up event… I say this because no one has backed up his story. Elan does what he does best… creating a false reality, use people, fool and shame people, hurt people. He does so with the heavily scripted Bachelor/Bachelorette series… I don’t buy his story for one minute. This was a publicity stunt for himself.

7. freeasabird

December 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I too feel that JPG’s season will be a “so bad it’s good, train wreck” of a season. I know I’ll be watching each week … after I read Steve’s column.

As for Elan, I’ve been reading him for quite some time. Just happened to catch his “in-flight” tweets as they happened. Made for a fun end to a great Thanksgiving. You don’t have to follow him to read him and don’t feed his Fleiss sized ego by retweeting or marking his tweets as favorites. He has some hilarious tweets.

I started following JPG again just to see if RS could keep up. No one can. So, time to unfollow JPG again and read him if the mood strikes.

Has anyone heard anything about Ashley and the real JP appearing on the Sunday special devoted to the few success stories?

8. bigfatwoman2

December 2, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I did see Trista Sutter on GMA promoting a book she wrote about her little pearls of wisdom and personal philosophies—-cuz that’s never been done before.

Trista mentioned she and Ryan (yum) would be renewing their vows on television as part of Juan-uary. I’m guessing Ashley and JP having just celebrated their one year anniversary will also be highlighted.

As far as Élan……I tried following him on Twitter months ago because he said something witty. Problem is, the guy likes to hear himself talk and think and his musings got real lord real fast.

This whole in-flight twitter war with him is a joke. Notice there are no witnesses to the final “slap” and he just happened to decline pressing charges. Sounds like someone fantasized about how to handle an annoying fellow passenger and turned into his own reality via Twitter—except it didn’t really happen. Guy is a total doul. That’s a tool and a douchebag.

9. iheartvino

December 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I wasn’t following Elan until I saw Steve mention what was happening on his Twitter on Thanksgiving afternoon. I am following him now and noticed how his followers jumped over like 80 thousand in less than 24 hrs. At first I thought it was hilarious since he was tweeting as it happened, but that was before I heard that he had made up stuff on Twitter before. Who knows if he made up this entire thing or not. Guess we may never know, unless someone comes out and says they saw the whole thing and has pics. A “Dianne” cousin came out- has anyone else seen this? (see link) It could very well be someone lying, I don’t know.

December 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Angel: it seems your point is that the expectation bar has been set so incredibly low, that Juan Pah-blow can’t help but get over it. That is possible. We all expect nothing less than a train wreck, so anything short of that may be considered success.

But, I still don’t think so. I think it will be a train wreck and an unmitigated disaster. So, I agree with those in the “it’s so bad, it’s good” camp. It’s going to be so horrifically bad, that we enjoy it. We enjoy watching and laughing…. we enjoy trashing them on the boards…. and we enjoy the imploding aftermath of him picking the house b*tch. But I do not see Juan P coming out of this looking good. At best, he’s written off as a buffoon with a bad accent. At worst, he comes off as a self serving opportunist without a clue, who picks the worst contestant, tweets endlessly and pointlessly & comes across as a mindless tool. In short, a social media addicted Ben Flatdick.

11. angel

December 2, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Elan’s next big hoax will happen Jan. 5, on ABC. And again, millions of people will be fooled.

12. iheartvino

December 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Ummm okay well don’t I feel stupid now- the whole Diane thing was fake. On thanksgiving day when I read it while it was happening (or so I ignorantly thought lol) I didn’t think he was making it up. Lesson learned, and I’ve unfollowed him. What a weirdo. Guess I shouldn’t be surprised at all, given his job is to script things on the bachelor.

13. karynr

December 3, 2013 at 4:27 AM

I’m so looking forward to the trainwreck. This might be the best season yet, but not in a good way. I think this board will be brimming with comments, which as usual, will enhance the watching of the trainwreck. Bring on the comedy JP….Fleiss….and all the douchebags related to the show.

14. iheartvino

December 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM

HI Karyn!! =) I think this season will be interesting in that it will appear to a wide variety of people. There will be those of us that are watching for the train wreck factor, as many have pointed out, and to Steve’s point, there will also be a huge increase in Latina viewership bc of Juan Pablo. Just take a quick look at his Twitter and his FB fan page- there is a TON of support out there for JP and a lot of women will watch just because they think he’s hot. I used to think he was attractive, but definitely not as much anymore because he seems so in love with himself and I refuse to get over his annoying random use of caps in his tweets. But I’m looking more and more forward to his season the closer it gets, so I can make fun of it and comment about it on here.