Interviews

Reality Steve Live Video Chat – Thursday, Feb. 6th 9:00pm EST/6:00pm PST

You can begin asking your questions now by pressing the blue “Question” button above. Before getting into your questions, I’ll be discussing the Juan Pablo & Clare ocean sequence from Monday, including what she said about it earlier today, I’ll also talk about spoilers in general, and a show on the “Lifetime” channel that I may actually watch. See you at 9:00pm EST/6:00pm EST.

1. serapa

February 7, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Steve, the Sochi Olympics is not pronounced “So-chi”; it is pronounced “Saw-chi”. You Americans always pronounce things wrong :-) Proud to be Canadian Bachelor watcher :)

2. mariet

February 7, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Not entirely true. It can be pronounced either way.

3. iheartvino

February 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM

serapa, I was pretty sure it was “So-chee”- Matt Lauer, Bob Costas, and pretty much anyone else that’s been covering the Olympics has been pronouncing it that way. I looked it up to be sure and it’s correct. Maybe in Canada they pronounce it differently for whatever reason. (kind of like “a-boat” vs. “about”) 😉

4. Dianne

February 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I too am Canadian, and pronounce the city as So-chee. serapa, are you on the “east coast”? That would explain why you say Saw-chi, lol :-)

5. serapa

February 7, 2014 at 11:10 AM

hmmm…I got the pronounciation from BBC…those limey bastards!!!

I stand corrected haha.

6. kleinelsje

February 8, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Maybe it’s the European pronounciation? Everybody here says Saw-chi.
    The litteral translation from russian is:”Sotsji” so the russian wil probably sound more like Saw-chi than So-chee.

7. lobsterandbeer

February 8, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Why the hell would someone from the “east coast” pronounce a Russian city name differently than say someone on the Canadian west coast? Dianne you must be from Toronto! LOL!!

February 8, 2014 at 5:29 PM

How do the French Canadians pronounce it, Suck-my-peni?

9. BusDriver

February 8, 2014 at 9:39 PM

lobsterandbeer: Not too much different than someone from NY calling it “soda,” someone from GA calling it “Coke” and someone from one MN calling it “pop,” no? Dialects happen everywhere, including the U.S.

10. marybods

February 9, 2014 at 6:20 PM

To all tawkin about how RS pronounces Sochi….WHO THE HELL CARES??? He is a blogger for a stupid reality show! Now can we get back to the important stuff…like why Clair takes a dose of cray-cray with her morning coffee, or why JPabs uses the morality card whenever it suits him???

Also, we need to start a campaign to hook RS up with Kelly. Maybe, just maybe these two bachelor babes can find true love…with Molly and Maddie serving as the bridesmaid and best man…after all dogs are mans best friend!

11. jacey

February 9, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Ermmm… Maybe Kelly needs more impetus than a doggy play date. Besides, kinda wincing at the notion of some stranger on a webpage brokering a hookup.

Kelly doesn’t strike me as the kind of girl who would be remotely interested in some dude who didn’t have the kahunas to pitch for himself. Plus, no disrespect to RS, but she might be aiming a little higher.

12. duckquack

February 9, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Juanito does not salsa well at all…best be looking for salsera that can teach him a few steps.

hairy monkey is Courtney’s room-mate.

13. karynr

February 10, 2014 at 5:43 AM

I finally watched it and he is a real creep. I was one of the people who thought he’d be nice eye candy to watch and make fun of, but he’s so not into it, and the creepiness is making him hard to watch.

What JP did to Clare was such a mind****. It was painful to see how she allowed him to talk to her, but she seems to have no self-esteem. It would have been great to watch her tell him to go f*** himself, then walk away. She gets on my nerves big-time! I get the feeling she thinks her childlike behavior is cute.

I imagine a lot of the women must have been saying WTF did I get myself into, once they got to spend a little time with him.

14. Dianne

February 10, 2014 at 6:42 AM

lobsterandbeer – because the east coasters have a different dialect then say someone from Toronto..or Winnipeg..or Vancouver. And you’re right, I am a Torontonian, and damn proud of it!

15. serapa

February 10, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Dianne, I’m am from T.O. too!

16. Dianne

February 11, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Hey, hey serapa..fellow Torontonian!! Hasn’t this just been the MOST fun winter ever..what with the ice storm an Rob Ford..we’re doing real good..hahaha!!

17. serapa

February 11, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Dianne, I am so done with this winter!!! I find it hilarious that Atlanta is in an emergency shutdown when we get like a foot of snow at a time and it’s just another day in Toronto haha.

I have 2 young children that I have to walk to school and it’s such a nightmare putting on snowsuits twice a day. 4 more weeks until the warm up!!!! 28 more sleeps :-)

18. Dianne

February 11, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Well, serapa, I certainly hope the warm up starts in the next 4 weeks..at this rate, we won’t see any green grass in Toronto until at least July, lol! It’s been a loooooong, cold one, that’s for sure!