Reader Emails

“Reader Emails,” Jason & Molly Give In, Big Editing Error & Live Video Chat Tonight at 9:00pm EST/6:00pm PST

Another live video chat tonight at 9:00pm EST/6:00pm PST. Extended it back to an hour last week, but tonight will definitely only be doing 45 minutes again. Once I post the video this afternoon, remember you can get in early and ask a question just by pressing the blue “Question” button, and it’ll get answered on the air if it makes it through the screening process. We’re not tyrants when it comes to screening the questions. Most usually end up getting read. It’s really only the repetitive ones that get deleted within the same broadcast, or, just trolls looking to start trouble. Yeah, believe it or not, there are trolls who come to the live video chat. Imagine that? One thing I wouldn’t mind seeing is every once in a while someone asking a question that’s totally off topic, or, even about another show. I mean, I get that you all are tuning in to talk about the “Bachelor,” which is what most of the show is about, but I have no problem every once in a while going in another direction since there’s only so much I can say about this show that I haven’t already said. So I’ll see you tonight and maybe someone will want to ask me to compare and contrast “Friday Night Lights” with “90210.” Then again, you might get a 10 minute answer, so maybe that’s not a good idea.

ABC’s press release for next Monday’s episode is out, and they wasted no time in telling us that part of Nikki’s 1-on-1 date is she got to meet Camila as Juan Pablo takes her to Camila’s recital. That I didn’t know. Sooooo, any of you possibly doubting how the ending of this season turns out, you should have your answer now. Meeting the kid with still 5 other people left in the competition. Game, set, match.

I’ve gotten a few emails from readers who enjoyed the hair stylist whose email I shared in Tuesday’s column. I figured women would be interested in that. The emails I’ve gotten were because they wanted her advice for their OWN hair, which I’ll gladly help you out with. She said anybody that is interested in getting tips from her, just to pass on your email to me, and I’ll give it to her. Glad I could be of such great help to women in need of a hair job. Looks like Renee took to heart what the stylist said on Tuesday as she posted this picture on Instagram this morning. Coincidence?

ReneeInsta

Jason & Molly’s podcast from this weekis up, and they finally gave in. They’ve come over to the dark side. Both of them admit to the fact that they know the spoilers for this season, but came about it in different ways. Molly just gave in and read it, whereas Jason was told by someone at work. What confused me after listening to this was Jason said the person who told him at work said he got it from my site. Well after I congratulated both of them on Twitter yesterday for coming over the dark side, Jason retweeted saying the spoiler he got was wrong. So I needed clarification as to how if the guy who spoiled it to Jason got it from my site could be wrong. Apparently he told Jason that Juan Pablo chose no one. Ummmm, that’s not what I wrote. No idea where he would’ve gotten that from. Man, even when I clearly write about the spoilers as clear and concise as I do, people still get it wrong. Here’s the podcast:

Missed this editing error from Monday night. Got this email on Tuesday:

“Hi Steve,

While watching the Bachelor tonight, I noticed something rather odd. During the rose ceremony, right after Chelsie gets done talking, they show the girls. But instead of just 3 roses out, it shows 5 roses. It seems that they might have edited in a wrong scene where it shows Renee and Nikki with roses, and just Chelsie and Kat without one. I find this weird because it’s quite a blatant error for them to make. Not sure if it was an accident or just the editors seeing who would catch it, but you didn’t mention it in the recap of the episode so I was wondering if it was only viewable on certain websites. I have attached the picture of said scene if you would like to see what I am talking about.

Love your recaps, by the way! Best thing to read after viewing the episode.

Thanks for reading this!

So I still had Monday’s episode DVR’d, and I fast forwarded to the rose ceremony. As Chelsie is talking and BEFORE Juan Pablo even steps in the room, they show a shot of the remaining 7 women – 5 of which already have roses. Nice editing.

Editing

Yesterday, Sean released a 12 minute “movie” where he talks about his “Bachelor” journey in a spiritual way. The movie is called “I Am Second” and you can view it right here. Of course people are going to have their different opinions on it, and if you’re not based in any faith, I’m guessing you’ll probably hate him even more. But this is honestly a side of Sean that none of us have seen him talk about since we first saw him on Emily’s season. I commend him for talking about the show in this way, and for discussing the whole “Virgin Bachelor” thing at length. By all means he’s done some things that have been questionable over the last year, but I think this video is gonna give you a side you didn’t think was there. Just like anything, some of you will hate it, some of you won’t. I liked hearing his true thoughts of everything that went down that isn’t sugar coated by ABC publicists and what not. Very interesting video.

See you tonight.

1. bellalove

February 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Um did Steve just confirm Emily and Arie hooking up? She is not the poor innocent mom who gets engaged four times. Shocker.

2. Sunnyside422

February 13, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Hum…perhaps Ari fessed up and told Jeffy he hit some of that (Emily) and Jeffy freaked! A twosome are not anymore! Sad.

I think Juanny turns my stomach. I begin to read my book (John Grisham’s newbie) when he grabs face, hair, neck with any of the saps who signed up for this season. His hairdoo (or don’t) was something I could not name till I read a poster refer to him looking like a certain bird. Or maybe he uses a hand mixer to accomplish that weird do.

Switched to The Following for the 2nd hour and read through most of the first. He bores me.

Anyone think the Bachelor pool has hit the pond scum area? Jake the fake, Ben butt ugly with his neanderthal face, Sean sleep inducing and now Juanny the dunce. Ugh.

“Stupid is as stupid does”…should be imprinted under his face each time he is shown.

I’m doing a happy dance cause I knew he was fuggly back when he was with Des and those who swooned over his selection as Bachelor are now in my camp. Welcome ladies.

3. bigfatwoman

February 13, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I’m not really sure what “insight” into Sean that Steve is talking about. It’s not even a matter of love him or hate him, there is nothing new here with this video.

Let’s see….

He didn’t have sex in college. He had lots of sex post college. He felt remorseful. He gave himself to the Lord. He had angst about going on the show. He needed the money. He gave in. He was surprised that he actually fell in love with Emily. He went home heartbroken. A few weeks later, he got the call to be the Bachelor. His family told him to go for it. He couldn’t believe he had all these women to choose from. It went against nature. He found Catherine. He chose Catherine. Someone asked how the sex was, he replied they were going to wait for marriage. The media went crazy. He was ostracized and made fun of. He felt persecuted despite his love for Jesus. He went on Dancing with the Stars. He took some money to endorse Hydroxycut even though it can be dangerous to take. He got married on tv. He made nightclub appearances. He sold his honeymoon photos to US magazine. He loves Jesus.

I don’t know about you, but I didn’t learn anything new but I confirmed that I do indeed dislike this guy. He is opportunistic, hypocritical and an all around nice guy who is a dumb jock riding his 15 minutes hard.

4. jacey

February 13, 2014 at 2:59 PM

@Bigfatwoman – Crying from laughing so hard, here. Did you do that all in one breath? :)

February 14, 2014 at 6:49 AM

I’m conflicted on Sean. I do see him as a pretty nice guy who would be a pretty good father and husband. His religion is important to him and that will help him be grounded. But, he certainly took a two year vacation from being grounded. When the Bible says “Love of money is the root of all evil”, this is what it was talking about. When you are willing to put aside everything you stand for to make a buck, then you are compromising your beliefs. That said, I would be hard pressed to find anyone who hadn’t done the same thing to some extent. Greed is very tough to avoid for all of us. So, if he’s smart and wants to be true to who he is, he’ll distance himself from the franchise & start living his live consistent with his beliefs. If he continues to pimp himself to the media, then you know the greed bug is just too much for him to avoid.

6. mush

February 14, 2014 at 7:48 AM

I gotta like him, despite all the use of his fame right now. hes thinking about the future of his family and saving money and sees nothing wrong with taking money now that is offered him in exchange for photos and such. he feels that it doesn’t change him or Catherine, so why not do it while they can? I would.

7. Dianne

February 14, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I honestly don’t dislike either Sean or Ben. Sean is a little less transparent than Ben was..and he is who he is, take it or leave it. Ben? He TOTALLY did the show for himself, and nothing more. He fluffed the entire thing off as good publicity for him, and nothing more. I honestly think he was just way, wayyyyyyy too immature to grasp the reasons he was there. Sean..at least he has a bit more comment sense and maturity and took the situation a whole lot more seriously.

8. Dianne

February 14, 2014 at 8:33 AM

*common* even.

9. mariet

February 14, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I agree with everything BFW said about Sean. How can anyone forget that shower scene at the end of one of his episodes? Hypocrite indeed.

10. karynr

February 14, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Check out thedailybeast dot com. Great article.

11. dottiedog

February 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I live in the KC area and last week the local news had a segment on the ten o’clock news after the bachelor that talked about the life of “our hometown girl” and showed her at the hospital working with children like she was the best thing ever. Hugging children, patients praising her. The town she is from is called Kearney, pronounced “CAR-KNEE”.

12. sunday

February 18, 2014 at 4:44 AM

Just wanted to comment on last night’s episode that if I never read Steve’s spoilers, after watching the show last night I would know that J.P. picks Nik. Meeting his daughter and family totally gave it away.

13. jacey

February 18, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Yeah, I don’t think that was as much about Nikki’s ‘coronation’ as it was JP being tone deaf when it comes to any culture but his own. The significance of taking that girl around his family (and EX) was lost on him.

His #1 backed out (better late than never, I say) before home visits, and his #2 is soon to follow. Of the other two remaining, there’s no way he was pick’n Clare, so Nikki got it by default. Incidentally, just how dull is this man’s bulb??? “I wish I was dumber” — I think that’s what Sharleen said, or something to that effect — was a direct insult. Whoosh!!! Right over JP’s head. Day-um!!!