The Bachelorette 10 - Andi

The “Bachelorette” Andi Recap with Tons of News & Information & How You Can Get Me to Appear at Your Finale Viewing Party

Pretty crazy last 24 hours so obviously a lot of stuff to get to before the recap starts. We’ve got 2 pages of “Bachelor” related news including more thoughts on the videos I released yesterday, a couple interviews I did yesterday, an update on how you can donate to the memory of Gia Allemand, and how I can help you if you plan on hosting your own “Bachelorette” viewing party sometime this season. Also, I have ratings news, the intro videos that were never shown last night, the season preview promo that aired at the end of the show last night and clarify some of the things you saw in it, along with sharing the story of a former writer to this site who’s dealing with some serious medical issues stemming from his newborn son. Please take the time to read that and donate if you could. Remember, you can use the navigation bar at the top of the page, or just go straight to the episode-by-episode spoilers by clicking that link. Your whole season is mapped out and yesterday’s videos have been added to the end of the spoilers.

Back on Thursday with the return of “Reader Emails,” “Dr. Reality Steve,” then Thursday night our live video chat returns at 9:00pm EST/6:00pm PST. That should be a festive one with a bunch of questions surrounding the Nick videos. But get your emails in the next 2 days and they’ll appear in Thursday’s column. Dr. Reality Steve took last season off, but he’s itching to help you with your sex/relationship/marriage/infidelity and whatever other problems you may be having with the opposite sex.

As for the videos from yesterday, I think the most asked question I got was, “Will Nick get in trouble for this?” I have no idea, but my guess is no. Sure he probably received a stern phone call from a producer yesterday, and maybe they’ll even bring him in to the offices at some point to lecture him on what happened, but honestly, I’m sure he will walk away from this with a slap on the wrist, a “you have to be careful” memo, and maybe they sent a cast email to everyone reminding them to be quiet. But it’s already out there. What are they gonna do? Sue their own contestants? You realize what a horrible PR move that’d be for them? Nick was probably told to keep his mouth shut from here on out but my guess is that’s the extent of it. Every single contestant who’s ever been on this show tells people what happened four seconds after they get home from filming. The show knows this. Nick just happens to be the only one who got caught on camera doing it. I just don’t see them doing anything at this point since the damage has already been done.

Got a few emails and tweets yesterday questioning the validity of the videos, with some even going as far as to say I was set up. If you actually think that, then nothing I say will change your mind so there’s no point in trying to reason with crazy. Do people think I just got it and posted it without knowing who, where, and how it came about? People think I’m that careless? Geez, gimmie a little more credit than that. For years I’ve been telling you that I get spoilers and information because people just like giving me stuff. This was no different. If you’re doubting the validity of the videos and want to dissect every bit of it, I guess I’ll see you on July 28th then. Nick was on a plane, talking about the show loudly, someone heard it, started recording, and sent it to me. It’s that simple. Seems to me the only people who would take the time to immediately question the videos are people who hate me and the fact that I get information no one else does and love to see me be wrong. So I’m guessing they’ll spend the next two months not believing anything I’ve written so far in the spoilers, then come July 28th, they’ll realize what a wasted effort that was. Just conspiracy theorists with nothing better to do, so I don’t really concern myself with opinions that don’t matter since there doesn’t seem to be any basis for why they think the videos are fake or a set up. It doesn’t even make the least bit of sense for those videos to be a set up. What’s done is done. Every spoiler is right, the videos are real, deal with it. Moving on.

The ratings for last night are in and they aren’t great. A lot might have to do with competition on Monday nights. After next week, it doesn’t have to compete against the “Voice.” But still 7 million viewers is fine for them. The 1.9 in adults 18-49 is premiere low, but you gotta remember, summer TV numbers are always lower because less people watch TV in the summer. I’m sure by the finale they’ll pull 8.5-9 million viewers which is par for the course.

Yesterday I made my twice-a-season appearance on the “Kidd Kraddick in the Morning” radio show here in Dallas. Fun times all around, especially when Jenna, who hadn’t even looked at the cast list yet until we were filming the segment, realized she had previously hooked up with Marcus a couple years ago, even though he had a girlfriend and conveniently forgot to tell her. Which was then compounded when J-Si said he knows two girls who’ve hooked up with Marcus before as well. Not the least bit surprising.

Also yesterday I did an interview with The New Republic out of Washington DC, and I gotta say, one of the more thorough interviews I’ve ever done. I was on the phone with her for over 45 minutes and it’s the first interview in a while where my quotes were actually what I said. Imagine that? So for any of you who are curious as to who the hell I am, how I started all this, and what life has been like for me recently, check it out.

As you know, the death of Gia Allemand still ripples through the “Bachelor” franchise. Former contestant and friend of Gia, Craig Robinson, is doing an 2014 Overnight Walk in Philadelphia to help support the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Go to his page and support him and Gia. He’s running under “Team Gia.” I’ve had the pleasure of meeting both Craig and Gia in the past so it’s something I personally have donated to myself. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

Also, long time readers of this site might remember our “Survivor” recapper Scott Ottersen. Scott hasn’t written for the site in a couple seasons, and just recently had his second child, Holden, back on April 29th. He’s known for a while his child would be born with complications, so please take the time to read the story Holden Ottersen and if you feel inclined, be so kind to donate to help out with medical expenses their family is incurring.

Bachelor viewing parties are becoming pretty popular nowadays. Fans are hosting them each week and even contestants. I remember last season seeing a bunch of pics from Kat’s viewing parties in San Francisco, and last night JJ hosted a premiere viewing party themed around his pants company. In checking out his Crowdtilt profile, he’s also throwing a NYC Panstrapreneur Party NYC Pantsapreneur party in a couple of weeks. I don’t have the time to ever do one, but I’m seeing a lot of fans (and friends of contestants) host bigger viewing party events that include renting out a space, having an hour or two of open bar, etc. If you have people chip-in in advance you can create a budget and have a little more fun with it (like ordering roses for guests). So I got in touch with Crowdtilt and they gave me a code to share in case anyone else wants to host viewing parties this season. When you use code “realitysteve50” you’ll get 50 bucks towards your own Bachelorette viewing party (covers a round of drinks for at least a few people). I’ll make you a bet. Anyone that decides to do a “Bachelorette” viewing party for the FINALE this season on July 28th using Crowdtilt, no matter where you are, I promise I will make an appearance. First one to have it booked and send me a invite I’m in. Deal?

1. shouldbeworking

May 20, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I actually find it strange that someone would recognize Nick when the season hadn’t even started airing on TV and thought to record him. It’s not like he’s Brad Pitt or anything.

2. bigfatwoman

May 20, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Y’all enjoy that show? I hope y’all did. I don’t recall Andi saying “y’all” one time on Juan’s season and yet here it was all through the night.

I am unimpressed so far with Josh. His overly white teeth and an underlying skeeve factor is what I saw on night one.

Dr Mary and her bob haircut had me cracking up all night. That had to be one of the worst haircuts I’ve ever seen on a man. He might as well have no penis cuz the guy is not getting laid with that hairdo.

Steve seems to have a hard on for Nick. Here we go all season….Capri pants and flaming Cheetos will be referenced with every column. Personally, I like Nick so far.

Andi taking pictures of graffiti while proclaiming that it just screamed of gang activity…..was hilarious. Go get ’em in your windbreaker girl.

Looking forward to another season.

3. Steffie

May 20, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Did anyone else notice that when she said good bye to AMal, she actually pronounced it Am-eel…..probably couldn’t handle the association with the way he pronounces it! Wahahahaaaa

4. flightgirl

May 20, 2014 at 6:42 PM

So Steve thinks Chris will be the next Bachelor?? I hope so. Very good looking.

5. mariet

May 20, 2014 at 7:19 PM

shouldbeworking–“I actually find it strange that someone would recognize Nick when the season hadn’t even started airing on TV and thought to record him.” Totally agree. Very weird.
    bfw–“I don’t recall Andi saying “y’all” one time on Juan’s season and yet here it was all through the night.” I just watched tonight and thought the same thing! It was so unnatural. I’m sure Juan Pablo would’ve wanted to know what that meant. LOL
    And if you watch with closed captioning on, like me, “like” and “crazy” just pop out ad nauseam.

6. ladyjane747

May 20, 2014 at 9:54 PM

What passes for conversation on this show is inane. At one point when Andi first got to her digs, she said, “this is so crazy,” and Chris responded, “thank you.” Thank you? WTF? Why is Chris thanking her for saying being in the mansion was “crazy.” They talk to hear themselves talk – babble and fluff. And Josh M. has an enormous head and huge teeth – so distracting. Maybe Andi gets hypnotized by those teeth and that’s why she chooses him. He and Clare should get together and have babies with huge chompers.

7. lcs85

May 21, 2014 at 12:09 AM

But with the recording, we don’t know what happened before the person started filming. He was already in his conversation by the time the video starts. For all we know he started his conversation with “Hey Man, yeah I’m finished filming the Bachelorette. Things wrapped up yesterday, so I’m on my way home now. No, I proposed, but I didn’t win. This dude Josh did…” This peaks the other passenger’s interest so she starts the video just as he is starting to talk about Josh.

8. michelle00

May 21, 2014 at 6:36 AM

Aaaaaand now Chris is confirming that his “surprise” appearance was a total setup by the producers. Duh!

May 21, 2014 at 8:46 AM

That courtroom scene was ridiculous. An empty courtroom with an actor judge. A junior prosecutor, just out of law school, which is what Andi is, might see the courtroom in a very small potatoes case. But they’re certainly not putting her on some gang task force, or anything like that, which is what they implied. They keep her busy with dog bite, bar fight, and drunk and disorderly cases. Most of which get settled before there is a trial. At most, she’d show up to plead not guilty once in a while.

10. angelfish

May 21, 2014 at 8:55 AM

This sounds pretty damn plausible to me. Even if that person wasn’t a fan or even viewer of the show, they have probably heard of the franchise and realized they had something.

11. shen

May 21, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I have to say, I really love reading the spoilers – keep those coming. That being said, I have always found it to an unattractive quality when one feels the need to brag and be a “chest thumper.” The fact that you constantly need to talk about how right you are is annoying, your readers/fans know you have been right more times than you have been wrong – let your record speak for itself and just do what you do best…

May 21, 2014 at 12:17 PM

RS referred to those of us that commented that the Nick video might be a setup as “Paranoids”. Well, RS, MF did punk you once before. I’m not saying that’s what’s happening here, but you were just as confident back then…. and then “poof”. It went bad. Real bad. It’s probably all on the up and up, but do you really believe MF wouldn’t cook up some scheme to punk you again? He shouldn’t be that small minded….he shouldn’t care at all, especially since his ratings are probably helped by your site…. but you know he is a petty guy. Hope all is good. I don’t root for you to be wrong or anything like that.

13. kinbville

May 21, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Andi’s courtroom scene was so staged, it was painful to watch. It reminded me of the lame moot court sessions we all had to endure in law school. And her riding around like some kind of DEA agent with the police office, photographing gang activity was just lame. Also, I hate to tell ya Andi, but your career as an ADA is over. No way they will hire you back. Bigfatwoman, I LOVE your post about
    Dr. Mary!! It was so funny how he kept crying at the end, “what is it about me??” I kept yelling at the tv, “ITS YOUR HAIR.” He looks like Sir Lancelot. What a joke.

14. LynnMJ

May 21, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Shen, I couldn’t agree more. I like the spoilers, too, but the length of Steve’s columns could be a lot shorter if he didn’t go on and on about how right he is/has been in the past. Steve IS good and very witty, granted, but the constant bragging is a bit over the top.

15. brothersun

May 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM

@michelle00: Thanks for posting that TMZ link about Chris B. I wouldn’t call it a “total setup” in the sense that the producers didn’t ASK him to come and crash the party. They just said, you can try coming, and bring some flowers. But, that fact makes me think they probably also told him the date and time, and probably said, just don’t say on camera that we told you. I think that it would have been cool to see Chris sneak in the backyard, and just walk into the party just like another limo guy walking in, and then just go sit on the sofa with the other guys. Then after Andi came in, the producers could have said, hey wait, that guy doesn’t belong here, and there could have been a more dramatic scene with Chris, Andi, and all the other guys present. That would have been more fun to watch than the way they played it. But notice that Harrison said he’d give Chris’ roses to Andi. If the producers wanted to milk this a little more, they could have had Harrision put the roses on Andi’s dining room table, and film her being taken by their beauty, and then discover a little note from Chris B inside the boquet, and sparking her curiosity to ask Harrison if she could meet the mystery guy privately so the other guys won’t know. I predict we have not seen the last of Chris B.

16. paisley17

May 21, 2014 at 10:47 PM

what does MF stand for?

Rob22- what does MF stand for??

17. paisley17

May 21, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Rob22- also agree that the “courtroom” scene was silly. Andi’s job was probably super boring and mundane, which is why she had ZERO problem quitting, packing up her office, and running off to go film a TV show. can’t blame her!! :) most people just wanna be on tv

18. paisley17

May 21, 2014 at 10:51 PM

shen- TOTALLY agree about the “chest thumping”– Reality Steve, relax! we all know you’re legit, so calm down! no need to prove anything once you’ve already given spoilers. whatever 2 (literally probably 2) naysayers there are will be shut up when the season ends anyway. and even if you’re wrong, EVERYONE will STILL check your site periodically!!

May 22, 2014 at 11:21 AM

MF=Mike Fleiss, Exec Producer of The Bachelor. Ironic initials that beg to be used.

20. karynr

May 22, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I couldn’t resist commenting on this one too. I think Mike Fleiss/Mother F***** are interchangeable from what I’ve read and heard.

I haven’t watched the whole thing yet, but am I the only one who thinks Josh resembles drunk Ed a little bit? No doubt, a more sober contestant!

21. karynr

May 23, 2014 at 3:59 AM

I finally watched the whole show last night and enjoyed it. I find Andi to be a lot more vibrant than Emily or Desiree. She’ much more extroverted and fiesty, which will make for a less boring season.

Josh remembles drunk Ed just a little bit. IMO he’s really nice looking. There’s seemed to be an instant attraction between the two of them, and he couldn’t take his eyes off her the whole night. She looked gorgeous and that dress was stunning.

Chris B. needs to aim a little lower…..like pond-scum level.

May 23, 2014 at 6:31 AM

karynr, I kind of know what you mean about Andi. A little. But how can you tell anything about these people when they regurgitate the same lines that other Bachelorettes (and Bachelors) have been repeating for years? They all start to seem the same to me.

And while I realize that Emily turned out to be a huge phony, but heading into her season, it was more exciting because Emily seemed to be a very desirable woman. Same with Sean, I think. Women were really excited about his season since he seemed like a really good catch. Andi doesn’t have that “wow” factor. In fact, with her guns and “Prosecuter” role, she seems like a ball buster. “Stubborn” is just another word for controlling b****. Not something that a real guy would gravitate towards. Maybe a sheep-boy would like that. Maybe a guy who will do anything for the cash and prizes that (may) come. But, not a real guy.

In the looks department, she’s not unattractive, or anything. But certainly not an eye catcher. I was lukewarm about Desiree being the lead, but she was a very nice girl and kind of sneaky attractive. I could see her as a girl a real man would want to marry. She’d probably make a pretty darn good wife, even if she was a little on the boring side to be The Bachelorette. Andi isn’t any of those things. She doesn’t do anything for me.

23. lawya

May 27, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Andi isn’t attractive? I think that’s a little silly. She’s definitely a controlling bitch but she is a pretty one.

Also RS please edit these insane columns of yours. “mame herself”? It’s maim.

The French speaking guy said the dumb line about juice to prove his point… which was even silly things sound romantic in French. C’mon…. not that hard. Do you really think she’s going to mount him if he says a poem? Stop acting like you have serious game and know everything about women, it’s incredibly annoying. Not that all women think the same but pretty sure Andi would’ve left immediately with your suggested approach.