Dr. Reality Steve

“Reader Emails,” “Dr. Reality Steve,” & Live Video Chat Tonight at 9:00pm EST/6:00pm PST

Back with another live video chat tonight at 9:00pm EST/6:00pm PST. Some of the topics we’ll be discussing: Global warming, Benghazi, religion in schools, and the economy. Kidding. We’ll be talking about the “Bachelorette,” “Bachelor in Paradise” and I’m sure inevitably someone will ask me what I had for dinner. All seems to be quiet in “Bachelor” land right now as not a lot has happened this week. I guess people are just preparing for the inevitable. In case some were wondering, once Andi’s season ends, the schedule will remain the same on this site once “Bachelor In Paradise” starts airing. Will have a recap up on Tuesday’s, with your “Reader Emails,” and “Dr. Reality Steve” on Thursdays, plus, the live video chats will continue on Thursday nights through the end of that season. So yippee, you get me for another 7 weeks. Aren’t you excited? You should be. I’m here to serve the masses. I think once “Bachelor In Paradise” ends, I’ll take maybe a week off or so, then it’s back to “Daily Links” and spoiling the “Bachelor” as it’s being filmed from September – November. Looking forward to it.

As mentioned Tuesday, your deleted scenes from Monday’s episode weren’t up at the time I posted, so here they are now. A reader asked this week if I could give a little description of the videos since Hulu doesn’t work for people out of the country. Sure.

This is Chris & Andi planting a rose bush…

This is Josh giving Andi 10 roses (the 7 she’s already given him, then 3 more that he hopes to get)

And this is Josh’s family making Andi do the Shake Face.

However, if you’re a early 90’s rap connoisseur like myself, we refer to that as the “Gas Face” as performed by the interracial rap group, 3rd Bass.

1. texan

July 10, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Ew, I had a similar situation as the Dr. Reality Steve emailer. D is a typical “thrill of the chase” guy who only wants you when he can’t have you. I got rid of my “D” once and for all, and so should you.

2. mgreekchickie

July 10, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the amaze balls job you do! :) (yes, I said amaze balls! LOL)

Do you know what the contestants do with the roses as they progress thru the season & following the show? Do they keep them as mementos/press them, or do they get ditched from country-to-country, location-to-location?

Also, any truth to the rumor that Nikki is supposedly engaged? She tweeted a photo of her & JP’s hand while they were looking at soccer player trading cards. Supposedly, her hand had a diamond ring on THAT finger. Then, I hear that they spent the 4th of July separately. Are they together or not? Engaged or not?

Thanks so much!
    M~

July 10, 2014 at 12:00 PM

For the Dr. RS emailer. All you need to know is that a guy who’s truly into you will drop everything, anytime to be with you, unless it’s totally impossible (I.e. His Mothers birthday or an important work function). If he’s not that interested, his behavior will reflect that. That doesn’t mean he won’t accept sex on the side if you’re gullible enough to believe his excuses. He know you won’t buy it forever, but he’s playing it out as long as he can get away with it. Guys are simple creatures to understand. Don’t overcomplicate.

Good advice to “yoga guy”. Almost without exception, starting a business take several years to become financial successes. It’s not uncommon for it to take 5-10 years to really mature. The answer to this problem is really simple. Just as RS noted, have a second job, even if it’s just 20 hrs/wk to pay the bills. Anyone who thinks they will be an instant financial success is just naive. Starting a business is hard. I’m sure RS knows this well from the time it took for his success. Early followers of this site would have thought Steve would have been lucky to cover his website costs with his blog. Now look at him.

4. sandy

July 10, 2014 at 1:22 PM

So I guess with the MTA filming this weekend would mean that Chris has signed on the dotted line?….

What a boring season this has been I can’t wait until its over and Andi and Aaron (oops I mean Josh) can ride off into the sunset. (or to their weekly football games and everything else Aaron related). Time for Andi to pack away her crown…

Maybe it was the edit, but I didn’t care for Josh’s family in the least.

5. mam1231

July 10, 2014 at 1:51 PM

That show was called “There Goes The Neighborhood” ~

6. Cndgirl

July 10, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Just a comment of observation here: I always enjoy reading the reader’s emails – if only for reading how Steve answers the emails. It is interesting to me – as he actually doesn’t like/do gossip. He runs a blog/site about the show, and I think it draws people in who want to chit chat or gossip about the show – but he draws a very hard line of fact – but it’s awkward, because people write in wanting his thoughts, or comments, etc. on subjects – and he just refuses to get sucked in. And I’ll totally admit I think its fun to chit chat and analyze, I do it too, it’s the nature of these types of reality shows, they want to be talked about – but sometimes Steve just takes the wind out of the sails of a person who just innocently wants an expert opinion on something, but if it is not stemmed in fact, Steve just doesn’t go there. Which is not a bad thing either – I’m just making observations here, not passing judgement. It’s just that the Bach, or ette, or BP or BIP are all such fodder for fun gossipy conversations – and its a bit paradoxical sometimes to combine that with someone who tries very hard (successfully, I think) ‘not to go there’ and draws that hard line in fact. It takes some of the fun out of it, but I also admire the tenacity it takes to keep up that kind of reporting perspective – which I think is why so many end up trusting him, that consistency of fact and discretion. Just musings.

7. angelfish

July 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM

See, I see Steve as a completely different type of resource for my viewing of this franchise. I want the facts as he gets them. Details, specifics and any other bits & pieces. I’ve never considered him a “chatter” or even a part of the Bachelorsphere.

I have a board I frequent, and we blather about personal opinions, possibilities, preferences and emotional reactions.

Here, I just want the dirt. There, I want to dish it.

But as always, YMMV.

8. bigfatwoman

July 10, 2014 at 3:47 PM

I have a good friend who knows the Aaron Murray family quite well.

According to my friend, Andi will have to pass several tests in order to gain full access to all family activities.

She will be required to:

1). Attend at least 3 workshops on face painting and effective tailgating.
    2). Sleep with Aaron while Josh watches.
    3). Receive a full Murray genetics blood transfusion.
    4). Agree to fill her face with Botox and Fillers so she will match the pillow faces of her future in-laws.
    5). Give up friends, career and privacy in order to become fully immersed in the Murray experience.

I think she picked a real winner. Go Andi.

9. potter

July 10, 2014 at 11:52 PM

For the viewer/writer who thought Josh said he was ready to get married AGAIN, I checked my DVR after reading this. What Josh said was “at the end” and not AGAIN.

10. leighleighleigh

July 11, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Steve, FYI: I believe that the British bachelor, Matt, made out with Marshana (spelling?), a black contestant, though that is of note more for his allegedly ambiguous sexual orientation than for her skin color.

July 11, 2014 at 8:01 AM

The only thing I’d add to the comment about RS sticking to the facts and not engaging in gossip is that, if that’s the case, why publish the emails and anser them in these ways:
    1.) Don’t know, don’t care.
    2.) That question is cray-cray
    3.) You’re reading way too much into that

If RS doesn’t want to entertain gossip, why publish the question and give a non answer? I find that a bit annoying.

12. Athena

July 11, 2014 at 2:24 PM

LOL Dianne. Reminds me of Burning Love.

13. mariet

July 11, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I agree Athena! I really miss Burning Love…

14. jacquibk