The Bachelorette 10 - Andi

The “Bachelorette” Andi “Men Tell All” Recap Incl Tweets About the Plane Video and Who Was the Woman in the Audience?

Yesterday was a big day in my family. My sister had to tell Olivia that Santa Claus wasn’t real. To say Olivia didn’t take that well would be an understatement. A lot of you have seen Olivia on the video chats before and she’s quite the observant one. However, she was completely in the dark on the whole Santa thing. She’s starting 5th grade next year, and in the course of a recent conversation with one of her friends, the topic of Santa got brought up, her friend said, “You still believe in Santa?,” Olivia said yes, the friend actually went along with it, but once my sister was told the story, she felt it was time to tell her. And that’s when the waterworks came in. Olivia is kinda of like me in that she has a lot of questions about things, and this was no different. She didn’t understand where the presents came from, how she got things on her Xmas list if there wasn’t a Santa, the Elf on the Shelf phenomenon, etc. She even lost it even more when my sister had to tell her there’s no Easter bunny either. It’s like that was what officially sent her over the edge. “THERE’S NO EASTER BUNNY EITHER????!!!!!!” followed by more wailing I believe is how the conversation went. So lets all take a moment of silence as Olivia mourns the non-existence of Santa and the Easter bunny a few more days. Nicholas still doesn’t know and Olivia has sworn not to tell him. This should be an interesting Christmas.

Quite a few of you have asked me over time about how much money is spent on a typical season and how do they decide on locations, etc. This was a very interesting article that appeared in Advertising Age recently that has all your answers. I think the best part is how St. Lucia is essentially pissed that Juan Pablo didn’t propose, since it makes their location somehow seem “less romantic” so the next day after his finale aired, they put up a picture of a guy proposing to a girl, basically taking a shot at Juan Pablo. Funny stuff. I can tell you this: When it says in the article that some of the producers are looking for a final rose ceremony destination in possibly Japan or South America for future seasons, that’s not what I’ve heard specifically for next season. I’m still trying to get it confirmed but I heard a specific location about a month ago that they are looking at for the “Bachelor” final rose ceremony and it wasn’t either of those places. Definitely an interesting read though to see basically these cities/countries use the show for free advertising, yet they’re at the show’s mercy in terms of how their city is portrayed.

For the second season in a row, Lucy Aragon has made a YouTube video playing her ukelele recapping a season of the show. Funny stuff. And oh yeah, she’s naked again. Check it out:

Ratings are in from last night, and I’m actually kinda shocked that the “Tell All” did better than the overnight date episode. Pretty surprising. Granted, it was only by about 100k or so, but still. The “Tell All” is basically a filler show every season. I expect next week’s finale to be at least 7.5-8 million with the ATFR actually drawing more, since people will want to see Andi and Josh together in public for the first time.

Only one more today purchase a ticket for next Monday night’s viewing party in Armonk, NY at Fortina’s. Right now, we’ve got over 80 people attending and have raised over $3,800. Craziness. I appreciate everyone who’s purchased a ticket or donated and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone. I will do my best to try and get around to talking to everyone but it won’t be easy so I’ll apologize in advance. I’ve done a couple of these before and it’s tough to kinda watch the show all while talking to people who are there to meet me. I think what we’re gonna try and do is have a Q & A session over the PA system either before the show or afterwards. If you still want to attend, you can purchase your tickets here.

1. Dianne

July 22, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Interesting. According to Kat Safi’s Facebook page, she’s also “friends” with Elan Gale, of ABC fame. One thing, the girl does have a good job. I’m from Ontario, any anyone that works for the government is pretty much set for life, should they so choose

2. lcs85

July 22, 2014 at 11:24 AM

She just “follows” Elan Gale on Facebook. Which I think means his public posts will show up in her newsfeed, but they’re not actually “Facebook Friends.” I don’t think its surprising that someone who is a big fan of the franchise would follow someone from the show.

3. vessel

July 22, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I recently moved from a town very near Guelph, Ontario. Interesting way to tease a future contestant, but I don’t see her going far. As you said, Dianne, Government jobs up here in Canada are plum, can’t see her ditching that for Iowa.

4. anastazia

July 22, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have wondered why NO ONE else seems to have noticed that JJ looked totally hammered in the “tell all” episode. Not a little. It was painfully obvious- probably made far worse by the fact that he was sitting next to Marquel- who practically glows like a neon sign when he smiles.

5. bigfatwoman

July 22, 2014 at 3:42 PM

The ultrasound segment was ultra weird. From reaching into Ashley’s dress via a 5 inch side zip to Ashley and JP razzing each other about various things…..I felt la little out of place.

The whole black guys thing went on for way too long. JJ appeared to be stoned and Andrew is just smarmy. I will give JJ credit for passing the lie detector test. That does give him some credibility in blackies vs. black guys.

Please tell me Lunkhead and Gigglesnorts aren’t making an appearance on After The Final Rose. I’m looking forward to Andi and Jivin’ Josh walking off into the sunset…..or into one of Aaron’s games, whichever comes first.

Finally, to Chris Soules…..please stay humble and don’t get caught up in the faux celebrity this show seems to create.

6. maddie86

July 22, 2014 at 7:02 PM

I was actually surprised that Ashley agreed to something so invasive to be done in front of an audience – I guess anything for a quick buck. Ashley and JP seem so down to earth so it was just weird. I still wish Marquel could be the next bachelor but I will still watch Chris’ season. And I’ve really really tried to like Andi but she just doesn’t come off as genuine, her segment irked me.

My friend has a relationship blog you should chrck out: http://www.pillowtalkwithelle.com

7. cjscjs711

July 23, 2014 at 2:26 AM

If you look at Josh’s Twitter, he says:

“My full name is Joshua, not Josh (lie 1)…I always wash hands after bathroom except when I play golf & I go in the woods, no sink (lie 2) ????”

Then earlier he tweets:
    “Everything that everyone says at Rose Ceremonies is recorded bc everyone has microphones on …Ponder that & then come to ur own conclusions”

To that I’m thinking, ‘it does sometimes happen that your audio sounds muffled or garbled and you can’t decipher it.’ Especially if you have crappy mic’s (which I doubt they do. I see some pretty high-end cameras there….) Sometimes that happens for no technical reason, just logistics; sometimes if someone’s covered up the mic with something. Or, perhaps ABC doesn’t want to try very hard to come up with the recording, hence they ‘don’t have it.’

8. strick432

July 23, 2014 at 5:52 AM

@BFW – are Lunkhead & Gigglesnorts Sean & Catherine? What made you think they would be on ATFR?

9. Athena

July 23, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Hmmm…remembering Josh’s fairly extreme reaction to the lie detector, it’s hard to believe it’s only because he lied about not always washing his hands.

10. shouldbeworking

July 23, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Reading the story about Steve’s niece and her reaction to the no Santa and no Easter Bunny sure brought back memories. My 10 year old daughter said EXACTLY those words, in that order to both shockers. It was 21 years ago, but it feels like it was last week.
    On another note, this Men Tell All was probably the most entertaining I have seen. But I still fast forwarded through some parts that dragged on way too long. The ultrasound and the Marquel/Andrew exchange. And yes, JJ was either hammered or stoned.

11. goosiegirl

July 23, 2014 at 6:40 AM

@BFW, For someone who says they hate Sean and Catherine so much, you sure manage to bring them up a lot.

12. Dianne

July 23, 2014 at 7:12 AM

Bingo, goosiegirl, bingo! You sure hit that nail on the head regarding BFW and her continuous references to Sean and Catherine.

13. Dianne

July 23, 2014 at 7:18 AM

The entire ultrasound segment was just plain..not normal. Okay, so, they “unzip” the side of Ashley’s dress..apply the gel, and do the test. BUT..did you notice, after the ultra sound was so called completed, she just zipped her dress back up again..and didn’t bother to remove the gel??!! Now..THAT is nasty because that gel is thick, and gooey, and there is no way any true ultrasound technician would let their “patient” go without a wipe down..no way..no how! Soooooooo phony!! I have to admit I’m really really surprised that JP would allow this..Ashley, not so much..I think she still loves the limelight, but JP?

14. kinbville

July 23, 2014 at 8:23 AM

I, for one, totally agree with Bigfatwoman. Sean and Catherine are annoying and mentioning them often doesn’t mean you love them. They probably will trot them out. They have become total fame whores too. Yes, the ultrasound thing was soooo stupid. As someone who has had 3 kids and 3 ultrasounds, they don’t just move the wand over one small side of you to find out the sex. They need your whole belly. You can’t wear a dress with a side zip! Talk about taking a kind of intimate and personal moment, then adding a huge cup of fakeness since they already know the sex (and JP’s crocodile tears), which adds up to a big pile of s#$%@! I never watched Ashley’s season. She was just so boring, but I’ve never found her likable. The ultrasound on MTA only served to reinforce that she’s annoying. BTW, does she even work? Does she have a dental office and see patients?

15. iheartvino

July 23, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Like a few others have mentioned, I’m also surprised that Ashley and JP agreed to do the ultrasound. Real or not, it was still weird. I’m wondering what’s next- is Ashley going to breastfeed their baby on next year’s MTA? I really like Ashley and JP- they’re one of my favorite couples from the franchise, mainly because they (for the most part) seem to stay out of the spotlight and live normal live. That segment just seemed a little unusual for them.

Apparently Chris S. and Arie Jr. are the two front runners for the next Bachelor. I wouldn’t mind Arie being the Bachelor one bit. Steve replied to someone on Twitter that he’s heard they haven’t yet made a decision but that it’s down to those two.

16. iheartvino

July 23, 2014 at 9:11 AM

*normal lives not live.

17. Dianne

July 23, 2014 at 9:18 AM

ohhhh..iheart..I like the idea of Arie as the next Bachelor..that would be some nice eye-candy to watch, lol! I do love Chris..he’s such a gentleman..and so humble, but I think he may be too good for this gong-show..Arie would be a much better fit :-)

18. mball

July 23, 2014 at 9:21 AM

RS, do you have any idea where the location of the proposal took place in the DR?

19. vessel

July 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

@Iheart, whoa! Arie, really? I’m confused, every time someone asks about him being the Bachelor I feel like Steve is very quick to shoot it down and say “Never going to happen people” and he has been adamant for a long time: “Look, I don’t know what to tell you, it’s 100% Chris, it just IS, deal with it.” He has made no mention of there being any possibility that they were even considering anyone else, much less Arie! And now in a Twitter response he just blithely throws it out there that it’s down to those two??? I’m a little incredulous he wouldn’t share this new development here, or at the very least make his own tweet about it. But oh well…In any case I like Chris, he seems nice, unassuming, and rather “aw…shucks…” but frankly I think Arie has a little more bad boy exciting-ness (that is totally a word) about him and if there is truth to this then he’s my pick.

20. kelsum01

July 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM

My God, do I have to hear Michelle Money’s name mentioned in EVERY spin off to “The Bachelor” franchise?? She has to be pushing, what, 40 by now? Time to move on to something that is a bit more age appropriate and stop hanging around twenty somethings. JEESH!

21. vessel

July 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Michelle Money is 33. Same age as Ashlee Frazier, and Clare Crawley. So actually she fits right in with this group. She may be my favorite person ever from this franchise so I guess we’ll agree to disagree, lol.

22. cjscjs711

July 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM

On the lie detector, remember that they like to prod, goad, some say browbeat the contestants into showing emotions that are good for drama. Showing them having a fight about something and then resolving it would be good for the relationship if real (good to know how someone fights if you’re going to marry them) and if manufactured, good for the storyline in so many ways. JMO

23. dc101

July 23, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Did anyone else notice the date on the “live” sonogram was 7/12/14 and the timestamp jumped around several hours? Clearly not live.

24. vessel

July 24, 2014 at 8:24 AM

dc101 The Men Tell all isn’t live, it was taped a couple weeks ago, hence how Steve was able to post all the spoilers from it in advance. It could have been on the 14th.