The Bachelorette 10 - Andi

The “Bachelorette” Andi “Men Tell All” Recap Incl Tweets About the Plane Video and Who Was the Woman in the Audience?

Yesterday I decided to do a Twitter Q & A regarding the plane videos of Nick I posted back on May 13th. If you still haven’t seen them or have a clue what I’m talking about, they’re in the episode-by-episode spoilers. As you’ve seen over the weeks in “Reader Emails,” still quite a few doubters, so I decided to share as much as I could about them. Let me make something clear. The person who took this video has said from Day 1 they don’t care if I post all the info she gave me about it or our text conversation that came in on the night of May 11th when she sent it to me. What does she care? She has nothing to do with the show. Just a random person on a plane I happened to know. Obviously she doesn’t want her name out there, but she was like, “Share everything. I don’t care. I find the whole thing funny.” I just didn’t feel I needed to since, 1) I’d already given you the spoiler before I gave you the videos and 2) I don’t feel I need to prove myself to anyone. The spoiler will speak for itself. These videos were just an added bonus this season, and something that’ll probably never happen again. So do I need to show the word-for-word conversation of how she contacted me, what she said, and how the video came about? No. But I can answer questions about it so that’s what I did yesterday. I guess the thing that has surprised me the most through all of this is that if I initially said, “Hey, I’ve seen videos of Nick talking on a plane about being dumped and I know Andi doesn’t pick him,” it would make sense to doubt it because, well, what proof do you have other than my word? But once I gave you the videos, it definitely is a bit surprising how many doubt the validity to them. Here was the Q & A from yesterday on Twitter:

Tweet1Tweet2Tweet3Tweet4Tweet5Tweet6Tweet7Tweet8Tweet9Tweet10Tweet11Tweet12Tweet13Tweet14Tweet15Tweet16Tweet17Tweet18Tweet19Tweet20Tweet21Tweet22

I think the funniest thing about this whole thing was that she initially started recording Nick on the plane because he was talking so loud. She told me she was just gonna text the :30 video to her friend to basically say, “Ugh, look at the loud talker I’m sitting behind.” But then when she actually listened to what he was saying, she realized he was talking about the show. She told me she hadn’t watched the show in years, but obviously was familiar with it. She heard him utter the phrase “After the Final…you know” and that’s when the green light went off in her head. She immediately pulled up my site because she knew me from years ago (I hadn’t had any sort of contact with her in at least 5 1/2 – 6 years we’ve since determined). She saw Nick was a contestant that I had confirmed already, so she realized she was sitting behind the guy who was eliminated at the final 2 based on what he was saying. I mean, this was complete blind luck. Someone from my past who I hadn’t heard from in close to 6 years just happened to be sitting behind a guy on the plane talking about the show and essentially spoiling it? Yeah, that’ll never happen again. But I’m glad it did. I didn’t have her in my contacts anymore, so when I got that text, it was from a number I didn’t recognize. Took me a few texts to realize who it was, but once I figured it out, and remembered she was originally from Wisconsin, it made sense why she’d be traveling there. Amazing she still had my number in her phone. I must’ve had a profound impact on her life. Man, an almost 6 year shelf life. I feel honored. Thank God now only I’m only 6 days away from being vindicated. Gets old hearing the same stuff season after season after season about how I’m wrong. This isn’t a guess, I’m not predicting who I THINK she chose, nor am I trying to predict who would be a better fit for Andi. I’m telling you who she chose at the final rose ceremony back on May 9th because I KNOW who she chose. Big difference. 6 more days. 6 more days. 6 more days. C’mon, start the chant with me.

1. Dianne

July 22, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Interesting. According to Kat Safi’s Facebook page, she’s also “friends” with Elan Gale, of ABC fame. One thing, the girl does have a good job. I’m from Ontario, any anyone that works for the government is pretty much set for life, should they so choose

2. lcs85

July 22, 2014 at 11:24 AM

She just “follows” Elan Gale on Facebook. Which I think means his public posts will show up in her newsfeed, but they’re not actually “Facebook Friends.” I don’t think its surprising that someone who is a big fan of the franchise would follow someone from the show.

3. vessel

July 22, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I recently moved from a town very near Guelph, Ontario. Interesting way to tease a future contestant, but I don’t see her going far. As you said, Dianne, Government jobs up here in Canada are plum, can’t see her ditching that for Iowa.

4. anastazia

July 22, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have wondered why NO ONE else seems to have noticed that JJ looked totally hammered in the “tell all” episode. Not a little. It was painfully obvious- probably made far worse by the fact that he was sitting next to Marquel- who practically glows like a neon sign when he smiles.

5. bigfatwoman

July 22, 2014 at 3:42 PM

The ultrasound segment was ultra weird. From reaching into Ashley’s dress via a 5 inch side zip to Ashley and JP razzing each other about various things…..I felt la little out of place.

The whole black guys thing went on for way too long. JJ appeared to be stoned and Andrew is just smarmy. I will give JJ credit for passing the lie detector test. That does give him some credibility in blackies vs. black guys.

Please tell me Lunkhead and Gigglesnorts aren’t making an appearance on After The Final Rose. I’m looking forward to Andi and Jivin’ Josh walking off into the sunset…..or into one of Aaron’s games, whichever comes first.

Finally, to Chris Soules…..please stay humble and don’t get caught up in the faux celebrity this show seems to create.

6. maddie86

July 22, 2014 at 7:02 PM

I was actually surprised that Ashley agreed to something so invasive to be done in front of an audience – I guess anything for a quick buck. Ashley and JP seem so down to earth so it was just weird. I still wish Marquel could be the next bachelor but I will still watch Chris’ season. And I’ve really really tried to like Andi but she just doesn’t come off as genuine, her segment irked me.

My friend has a relationship blog you should chrck out: http://www.pillowtalkwithelle.com

7. cjscjs711

July 23, 2014 at 2:26 AM

If you look at Josh’s Twitter, he says:

“My full name is Joshua, not Josh (lie 1)…I always wash hands after bathroom except when I play golf & I go in the woods, no sink (lie 2) ????”

Then earlier he tweets:
    “Everything that everyone says at Rose Ceremonies is recorded bc everyone has microphones on …Ponder that & then come to ur own conclusions”

To that I’m thinking, ‘it does sometimes happen that your audio sounds muffled or garbled and you can’t decipher it.’ Especially if you have crappy mic’s (which I doubt they do. I see some pretty high-end cameras there….) Sometimes that happens for no technical reason, just logistics; sometimes if someone’s covered up the mic with something. Or, perhaps ABC doesn’t want to try very hard to come up with the recording, hence they ‘don’t have it.’

8. strick432

July 23, 2014 at 5:52 AM

@BFW – are Lunkhead & Gigglesnorts Sean & Catherine? What made you think they would be on ATFR?

9. Athena

July 23, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Hmmm…remembering Josh’s fairly extreme reaction to the lie detector, it’s hard to believe it’s only because he lied about not always washing his hands.

10. shouldbeworking

July 23, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Reading the story about Steve’s niece and her reaction to the no Santa and no Easter Bunny sure brought back memories. My 10 year old daughter said EXACTLY those words, in that order to both shockers. It was 21 years ago, but it feels like it was last week.
    On another note, this Men Tell All was probably the most entertaining I have seen. But I still fast forwarded through some parts that dragged on way too long. The ultrasound and the Marquel/Andrew exchange. And yes, JJ was either hammered or stoned.

11. goosiegirl

July 23, 2014 at 6:40 AM

@BFW, For someone who says they hate Sean and Catherine so much, you sure manage to bring them up a lot.

12. Dianne

July 23, 2014 at 7:12 AM

Bingo, goosiegirl, bingo! You sure hit that nail on the head regarding BFW and her continuous references to Sean and Catherine.

13. Dianne

July 23, 2014 at 7:18 AM

The entire ultrasound segment was just plain..not normal. Okay, so, they “unzip” the side of Ashley’s dress..apply the gel, and do the test. BUT..did you notice, after the ultra sound was so called completed, she just zipped her dress back up again..and didn’t bother to remove the gel??!! Now..THAT is nasty because that gel is thick, and gooey, and there is no way any true ultrasound technician would let their “patient” go without a wipe down..no way..no how! Soooooooo phony!! I have to admit I’m really really surprised that JP would allow this..Ashley, not so much..I think she still loves the limelight, but JP?

14. kinbville

July 23, 2014 at 8:23 AM

I, for one, totally agree with Bigfatwoman. Sean and Catherine are annoying and mentioning them often doesn’t mean you love them. They probably will trot them out. They have become total fame whores too. Yes, the ultrasound thing was soooo stupid. As someone who has had 3 kids and 3 ultrasounds, they don’t just move the wand over one small side of you to find out the sex. They need your whole belly. You can’t wear a dress with a side zip! Talk about taking a kind of intimate and personal moment, then adding a huge cup of fakeness since they already know the sex (and JP’s crocodile tears), which adds up to a big pile of s#$%@! I never watched Ashley’s season. She was just so boring, but I’ve never found her likable. The ultrasound on MTA only served to reinforce that she’s annoying. BTW, does she even work? Does she have a dental office and see patients?

15. iheartvino

July 23, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Like a few others have mentioned, I’m also surprised that Ashley and JP agreed to do the ultrasound. Real or not, it was still weird. I’m wondering what’s next- is Ashley going to breastfeed their baby on next year’s MTA? I really like Ashley and JP- they’re one of my favorite couples from the franchise, mainly because they (for the most part) seem to stay out of the spotlight and live normal live. That segment just seemed a little unusual for them.

Apparently Chris S. and Arie Jr. are the two front runners for the next Bachelor. I wouldn’t mind Arie being the Bachelor one bit. Steve replied to someone on Twitter that he’s heard they haven’t yet made a decision but that it’s down to those two.

16. iheartvino

July 23, 2014 at 9:11 AM

*normal lives not live.

17. Dianne

July 23, 2014 at 9:18 AM

ohhhh..iheart..I like the idea of Arie as the next Bachelor..that would be some nice eye-candy to watch, lol! I do love Chris..he’s such a gentleman..and so humble, but I think he may be too good for this gong-show..Arie would be a much better fit 🙂

18. mball

July 23, 2014 at 9:21 AM

RS, do you have any idea where the location of the proposal took place in the DR?

19. vessel

July 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

@Iheart, whoa! Arie, really? I’m confused, every time someone asks about him being the Bachelor I feel like Steve is very quick to shoot it down and say “Never going to happen people” and he has been adamant for a long time: “Look, I don’t know what to tell you, it’s 100% Chris, it just IS, deal with it.” He has made no mention of there being any possibility that they were even considering anyone else, much less Arie! And now in a Twitter response he just blithely throws it out there that it’s down to those two??? I’m a little incredulous he wouldn’t share this new development here, or at the very least make his own tweet about it. But oh well…In any case I like Chris, he seems nice, unassuming, and rather “aw…shucks…” but frankly I think Arie has a little more bad boy exciting-ness (that is totally a word) about him and if there is truth to this then he’s my pick.

20. kelsum01

July 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM

My God, do I have to hear Michelle Money’s name mentioned in EVERY spin off to “The Bachelor” franchise?? She has to be pushing, what, 40 by now? Time to move on to something that is a bit more age appropriate and stop hanging around twenty somethings. JEESH!

21. vessel

July 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Michelle Money is 33. Same age as Ashlee Frazier, and Clare Crawley. So actually she fits right in with this group. She may be my favorite person ever from this franchise so I guess we’ll agree to disagree, lol.

22. cjscjs711

July 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM

On the lie detector, remember that they like to prod, goad, some say browbeat the contestants into showing emotions that are good for drama. Showing them having a fight about something and then resolving it would be good for the relationship if real (good to know how someone fights if you’re going to marry them) and if manufactured, good for the storyline in so many ways. JMO

23. dc101

July 23, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Did anyone else notice the date on the “live” sonogram was 7/12/14 and the timestamp jumped around several hours? Clearly not live.

24. vessel

July 24, 2014 at 8:24 AM

dc101 The Men Tell all isn’t live, it was taped a couple weeks ago, hence how Steve was able to post all the spoilers from it in advance. It could have been on the 14th.