Bachelor Chris Spoilers

Chris’ Date Tonight Including Thoughts on Andi & Josh, Bachelor: Australia Controversy, DWTS, Survivor, & Couples Therapy

Sorry I’m a day late on the column. Yesterday got caught up dealing with some website stuff and never finished my “Survivor” and “Couples Therapy” stuff. But they’re here today and they’re wonderful. As I mentioned Wednesday, filming has moved to Des Moines. Yesterday, Chris was by himself filming walk arounds in downtown Des Moines, with dates starting today. Chris has a 1-on-1 date tonight at his alma mater’s football game. Starmont High School in Arlington is taking on Edgewood-Colesburg in what’s being billed as the Game of the Century. Ok, I’m kidding. I don’t have a clue how good either of these teams are, but tonight is Parents Night and Chris and his date will be appearing so the town is freaking out. I will tweet out the pictures I get from what happens tonight, so if you don’t follow me, you’ll have to wait til my next column to see them. Twitter is so much easier guys. Takes a few seconds to create a Twitter account. Just do it and you’ll thank me for it. There’s going to be tons of pictures on Twitter and Instagram tonight of Chris in attendance I’m sure. I mean, it’s a high school football game and they’re filming a TV show as well. Everyone there is going to have a phone and be taking pictures and posting them to social media. So if you’re that interested in seeing it as it happens, I suggest you sign up for Twitter and follow me.

Tomorrow night is when Chris and his 1-on-1 date will be getting an Easton Corbin concert, which I’m assuming is a private one. According to the Des Moines Register, production is looking for a farm to film at and has requested corn harvesting and livestock. So assume that a date in Des Moines will consist of that.

The women and production are staying at the Renaissance Des Moines Savery Hotel as evidenced by all the production vans camped outside:

Renaissance1Renaissance2Renaissance3

In case you missed the recent news regarding the “Murray Family Feud”, the gist of the story is the Murray family hates Andi, doesn’t want her marrying into the family, and that Andi & Josh snubbed his own brother’s engagement party. This was the first I’d heard of any of this. No idea if it’s true or not. A lot of “sources” in this story, so you never know how credible they are. The only factual part of that story is that yes, neither Andi or Josh have acknowledged on Twitter that his brother got engaged. That does seem kinda weird. His brother that got all the attention on the hometown date, his brother that Josh constantly talked about and even followed to college to be there with him in his playing days, and his brother that he’s tweeted about numerous times in the last few months. Hell, Josh sent this tweet on May 10th, a day after he got engaged to Andi and was still in the Dominican Republic with her:

Joshtweet1

Not to mention all these others in the past few months:

Joshtweet2Joshtweet3Joshtweet4Joshtweet5

So the guy who obviously has a close relationship with his family and his brother, and has tweeted numerous times about being supportive of his career, can’t send one tweet to acknowledge his little brother getting engaged? And neither did Andi? Draw your own conclusions on that one. The story seems a tad embellished, but there is visual evidence that neither Josh nor Andi have acknowledged his little brother’s engagement, and I find that quite odd.

And even though I’m guessing none of you saw it since, well, we live in the states and this took place in Australia, the “Bachelor: Australia” recently wrapped up airing their season and their Bachelor, Blake, proposed to some girl in the finale. Only the day after the finale aired, neither was made available to the media, and speculation began running rampant that they’d already broken up. There were even stories he impregnated the girl he didn’t choose, but she shot those down immediately. In the end, the stories were true that Blake had already broken up with the girl he proposed to by the time the finale aired, but what made it juicy was he broke it off with her because he had started dating the girl who he let go at #3. And they are together now after doing a public interview together. Yowza. Here is Blake with his new fling, Louise, the girl he dumped in their first interview together explaining what happened:

So yes, the Mesnick went international, and Jason and Molly gave their thoughts on their podcast this week since they essentially went through the same thing. Good stuff. Man, bring back those days.

October 24, 2014 at 10:34 AM

That Australian Bachelor interview was a hoot. I loved the way the Australian TV played a completely inappropriate laugh track behind the interview as if there were people actually there watching & laughing (at all the wrong places). Then the Bachelor (Blake) called them on it, saying well, I can’t help it if you guys put a laugh track behind my comments (to make them seem ridiculous). Then, the Australian interviewer actually denies that they used a laugh track…. which they obviously did…. on both interviews. Did she think everyone’s stupid and doesn’t know what a laugh track sounds like? That show made the over the top ooohs and ahhhhs of MTA/WTA and ATFR look tame. If we think the US versions of these shows are trash, I guess other countries have one up’d the US in that regard.

2. bigfatwoman

October 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I was going to mention the same thing about the laugh track Rob. I couldn’t even get through the whole interview because it was so fake and distracting. Why does the Aussie Bachelor seem like he has chew in his mouth?

I have been watching Bachelor Canada via YouTube and it is very entertaining. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think that it was a spoof save for Sharleen “I’m so unique” Joynt recapping each episode.

I love DWTS and have some observations:

Julianne Hough bugs me. She’s overly critical and the chick can’t dress or do her hair to save her life.

I like Derek Hough but Mark Ballas seems arrogant and looks like a circus performer. He’s got a Big Top Circus look and I find it to be a Big Turnoff.

Michael Waltrip skeeves me and I wish his partner Emma would stop encouraging his permanent hard-on by jumping into his arms and wrapping her legs around his middle aged nastiness.

I’ve had enough of Nikki and Juan Paco on Couples Therapy. They are shameless opportunists. Why is Jenna Jameson’s head shrinking? Why is her horse-like boyfriend sticking with her, he’s a sweetheart. Evel Dick is the most normal one there.

Peace.

3. shouldbeworking

October 24, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Bigfatwoman, who do you think Tim will choose on Bachelor Canada?

4. mderk

October 25, 2014 at 6:29 PM

for the Bachelor Canada – I HOPE he chooses Trish or April. Trish I think would be best. You?

Reality Steve, would love to hear your thoughts on the Bachelor Canada haha

5. vessel

October 26, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Re: Bachelor Canada- I find Tim so unbearable I actually kind of hope he chooses that skanky Lisa. They deserve each other/that will be the shortest “relationship” in the history of the franchise. In the first few episodes I was pulling for April as she’s my favorite, but now I just think she could do WAY better. And those of you watching, what are your thoughts on the one hour episodes? Sometimes the U.S. two hour ones drag, but to me one hour just doesn’t give the viewers any insight into anyone so I find I just have no investment in anyone very much, and don’t really care. I’ve read a lot of “who cares” kind of comments which may be the death knell for the Canadian iteration, we’ll see…

6. shannybee

October 26, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Also on the Bachelor Canada, I don’t mind Tim (I can see why they chose him), but completely agree that the 1 hour episodes are too short and they cut out important parts of dates. I’ve read a couple of the contestants blogs and they mention what I would have thought would be interesting parts of dates that they didn’t show. I guess they could only get a 1 hour time slot? I wonder if the Bachelor Canada will follow in the Bachelor USA’s footsteps and do a Bachelorette next. Any thoughts on who would be a good Bachelorette from the current Canadian group?

On another note, although Chris’s season seems to be staying local, I’ll be interested to see if they spin it as “practical dates, reflecting real life…etc…”. I also wonder if production is letting us see who Chris is really interested in, as they clearly must be ok with everyone knowing who has been on the past few dates. Anyway, looking forward to this season come Jan 5th.

October 26, 2014 at 6:32 PM

For me, I could do 5 minutes per date, a couple of ITMs and then the rose ceremony…. Kind of like Blind Date used to do. The rest is unnecessary. 30 minute episodes, get to the point.

8. meredith27

October 26, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Does anyone know if the bachelor or bachelorette has any incentives in their contract to stay together? I’m wondering why juan Pablo and Nikki are still together and why Andi and Josh are still together. It seems like when the bachelor or bachelorette has been in love that they get engaged and married sort of quickly. I think Des and Chris wanted a televised event and held out for it. They are the only ones who seem genuinely in love and living lives together. Juan Pablo and Nikki live far apart and Josh never tweets about how in love he is like Chris does about Des.I don’t see the benefit of these couples trying to make it work for so long. I wonder if there’s a monetary incentive or something? Maybe I’ll email Steve to ask if he knows because he said he doesn’t read these comments

October 27, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Merideth, RS has covered this. Nicki and Juan Pedro stay together because, as long as they are together, they are getting paid gigs like with Couples Therapy. Once they break up, the gravy train stops. It’s likely the string has run out anyway, but they will milk it until it dries up on its own. To me, it’s remarkable how much mileage they’ve gotten out of this. But, TV exposure is an amazing juggernaut of a marketing machine. I read where those that appear on Shark Tank sometimes see sales bumps of 400-500% after their appearance on the show…. regardless of whether they actually cut a deal with the Sharks. They get tons of free advertising for their products just by being on the show. The power of TV should never be underestimated.

10. angelfish

October 27, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Andi & Josh are still together because they are still engaged and living their lives together. They’re all over social media with their families, travelling, attending Bridal expos, sporting events and the like. Even Josh’s mom is tweeting & posting about helping plan their wedding.

11. meredith27

October 27, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Ya…Rob – I guess speaking engagements or more shows bring in the money? You don’t think they could do that on their own just by being famous from the show? It seems to me that Juan Pablo is going to get a lot of coverage when he DOES finally find someone and says I LOVE YOU! ha! I wonder if anyone has asked his ex (Camille’s mother) when he said I love you to her?
    Angelfish – what do you think about Steve’s article on how there is absolutely no congratulations from Josh or Andi to Josh’s brother and new fiance? If they’re so happy and enjoying family time, why wouldn’t they say congratulations to Aaron? Don’t you think that’s a little odd?

12. angelfish

October 27, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Meredith, it is possible that Josh & his bro are having problems, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it affects his relationship with Andi. Or they’re just talking on the phone instead of airing all their family conversations on social media. No telling, but I do think they’re still a couple because they want to be.

The possible JP/Nicki breakup is all over the gossip sites now.

13. bigfatwoman

October 27, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Re: BACHELOR CANADA

maybe the first two episodes I thought Bachelor Tim was appealing…..but now…..I find the guy really odd. There is something very mechanical about his persona and it’s hard to tell if he’s just playing a role or if he truly is a robot. Every time they do his ITM’s and his eyes are half closed and he’s speaking ever so s…l…o…w…l…y…..he seems likes he’s on a sedative.

The hour long episodes are perfect. The production of the Canadian version seems, like I said before, very spoof-like. An hour is all I can handle.

I agree with @vessel….let him pick Lisa. She’s completely psycho and April is too sweet for him.

Who knows what’s real with any of these couples on USA Bachelor. Des and Chris, the only unmarrieds at this point, seem genuine. I don’t buy into Josh and Andi for a minute. They are both so full of themselves that I don’t think their heads could walk through a doorway together.

October 27, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Meredith: once JPBow and Nick break up, then those that follow the “fantasy” stop caring about them. How many people are following the non married Bachelors today? Only Jessie Palmer has a full time media gig, and obviously he was an NFL QB and The Bachelor was only one piece of the pie for him landing that job. He also has good looks, knowledge and talent.

As far as Josh and Andi, I think what RS was saying is that there appears to be a disconnect between Josh/Andi and Josh’s family. Nobody was saying Josh and Andi are broken up. Whether that’s true, I have no idea.

15. mariet

October 27, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Yes, it appears JP and Nikki have split. Finally! Those two were painful to watch.

16. lexyrealitytv

October 28, 2014 at 1:43 PM

I’m watching Bachelor Canada as well…I have never commented here although I like to read when the seasons air.
    Bigfatwoman, you hit the nail on the head. Every time I watch Bachelor Tim I think he’s either a little drunk or sedated!!! I don’t get it, he doesn’t seem to act that way when on dates.

17. herbasimplex

November 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Australian audiences haven’t obviously become immune to the process this being only the second series. All the stations in oz were running the story the day after the finale and the focus was on what a farce the show was, hence the laugh tracks etc. (the clip was from network 10 which aired the series and was the most positive). Along with those reports were those commenting on the onerous contractual obligations the contestants signed and the girls complaining about that. The production company has yet to keep these details out of the press as it does in the US. It’ll learn i guess. BTW the male lead is involved in a company which has on its books, for want of a better term, ‘male performers’. Stay classy oz.